2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Washington Roll Call

Golf_Beauty

Where you at, dawg?
All my fellow Washingtonians sign in and let me know where you play, how often and your experience with MyGolfBuddy.com.

I usually play Bellevue Muni and/or Willows Run every Tuesday. I also play Wayne when I want to work on part of my game or trying a new technique. I found a regular foursome that I play with on the weekends on the site; one gal and I play regularly every Tuesday. So all in all my experience has been great. :drinks:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I live in lynnwood, and usually play at leigons or lynnwood municipal.

ALL WASHINGTON STATE PLAYERS

Play in a non profit charity tournament! All the net proceeds are being donated to the American Cancer Society!

My freind Mike and I are putting on this tournament in memory of Mikes father, and everyone who has been affected by cancer.

Its going to be played April 9th at Eaglemont golf course in Mount Vernon. Its going to be a blast and every person will leave with a prize bag!

check out the website @ www.communityyarncreations.org/golf

If you have any questions you can PM me, or email me at [email protected]

• 4 months later...

Moving back to the southern peninsula/south puget sound area next month. I grew up there and have been away about 7 years.

Don't really have a 'home course' per say in the area; like to play them all.

Thinking of buying a membership at Indian Summer---we'll see.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I'm in Chilliwack British Columbia which is just 20 minutes from the Sumas WA border crossing. I play Homestead Farms GC, North Bellingham and Shuksan GC.

Mike

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 months later...

When I live in Washington and will be soon returning to start my career and get married, I lived around the south sound. Regurally play Spanaway Lake Muni, Classic Golf Club, High Cedars....but my favorite in the state is Gold Mountain.

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

• 2 months later...

I live in Tacoma & am a member at The Classic Golf Club. I try to play there every Thursday, but I work a rotating shift & my schedule is crazy. I try to make over the Narrows bridge once a monthe to play one of the great courses over there, my favorite is The Olympic Course at Gold Mountain. I can't wait for the new course 10 minutes from my home to open, it's called Chambers Bay. I'll probable join out there if it's not crazy expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all in WA state... my brother lives in Sammamish. I have been thinking about moving to Seattle area (I live in Dallas now) and wonder how much Golfing in a year can I get.. it seems to be raining a lot there :-) Can you provide feedback on

1) Golf - how often? what's the condition of the course? is it summer-time only? can you get decent playing condition during fall, spring, winter ?

2) Indoor - is there a practice area indoor for winter wet time?

3) any other info on golfing in the area will also be appreciated...

I am just concerned about the rain and not being able to play at all...

Thanks, I have been to some local stores there (Puetz and Pro Golf) so I know you all have a GREAT golf community... just do not know the playing condition yet.

Hello all in WA state... my brother lives in Sammamish. I have been thinking about moving to Seattle area (I live in Dallas now) and wonder how much Golfing in a year can I get.. it seems to be raining a lot there :-) Can you provide feedback on

1) Golf - how often? what's the condition of the course? is it summer-time only? can you get decent playing condition during fall, spring, winter ?

Thanks, I have been to some local stores there (Puetz and Pro Golf) so I know you all have a GREAT golf community... just do not know the playing condition yet.

Can't help with the indoor practice areas as I've never been to one here, but if you have good rainwear you can play nearly year-round....some days in the dead of winter are a little cold, but it can be done.

Most courses have above average drainage--the Mt. St. Helens eruption created an overabundance of volcanic ash, which was found to be an excellent material for use when constructing a golf course. Those courses built upon it or with it are completely playable even when all surrounding land is flooded.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Jay-

I grew up in Dallas (Euless Trinity H.S., U.T. Austin, etc.) and I've now lived in Seattle for about 10 years. (Lot's of stuff in between not worth mentioning).

If golf is your primary concern, Seattle is probably not the place for you. However, if you are willing to balance golf with other activities like backpacking, skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, etc. Seattle is a great place to be.

It does rain here . . . a lot. But it's not the same kind of rain you are used to in Dallas. Compared to Dallas, it just kind of drizzles here a lot. Downpours are very rare. But also unlike Dallas, the rain doesn't pass through quickly, it just hangs around all the time. Much more in winter then in summer. But with good, comfortable rain gear, you can easily play golf here year round. In summer, it's downright nice. But summer doesn't start until late June, and it ends in August. The public courses are in great condition compared to the Dallas courses I remember from many many years ago (brown fairways and burned greens in the summer). They don't call Seattle "The Emerald City" for nothing.

But, there are some other very important things to know about Seattle. First, compared to Dallas, it is very very expensive to live here. Dallas historically has the best wages to cost-of-living ratio in the country. In Seattle, a tiny house with a tiny yard will cost you at least $300,000 in the city . . . if you are lucky. And when I say tiny, I mean under 1,000 square feet. (Blame the onslaught of Californians who moved up hear about 15 years ago and drove the housing prices through the roof.)

Also, because the city in constrained by geography (water, bridges, hills, mountains, etc) the traffic is HORRIBLE. And gas is expensive.

And I'm going to take a whole lot of grief for this one, but . . . on the whole . . . the women of Washington can't compete in the looks department with Texas girls. Don't get me wrong, there are some FINE FINE looking ladies here. Just not the same volume of hot chicks as I remember from Dallas. Then again, with the way obesity has affected the whole country, I have been disappointed with what I have seen going on in Dallas. Also, if you like the hairsprayed, manicured, full make-uped girls, then you will want to consider Bellevue instead of Seattle.

In summary, I miss my family (all still in Dallas) horribly, but I can't see leaving Seattle anytime soon. And if you need a teaching pro here, I've got a name for you.

EDIT: Oh, and with respect to "indoor" practice areas, there are several ranges where all of the stalls are covered and heated. I haven't had any trouble finding a place to hit balls in the winter.

Thank you so much for all the reply and feedback... Charlie, I did not know you are in Seattle, maybe we can play a round someday! (I was just exchanging PM with you the other day on the License Plate funny phrases :) )

I visit Seattle area once a while since my brother and mom live there.. I love the city, and I agree with y'all's the assessment here... Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

Greetings!

I'm in Bellevue, and just getting back into the game after a 12 year layoff...played a LOT when I lived on Oahu in the 90's, but work got in the way when I moved back to the mainland in 95'.

I'm just getting my new club set together...all that's left is deciding on the driver...it's going to be a HiBORE XL, just not sure about whether a 9.5* Tour or the regular head, and which shaft.

I've had some problems with my foot, which are resolved now, and have been to the Bellevue Muni a couple of times in the past few weeks to hit range balls, chip/putt practice to get my game back up to speed - that'll take a while! :shout: ...looking forward to actually getting out and playing next spring.

Cheers,

Harry

I'm in West Seattle (Admiral District above Alki Beach). I'm a member at Bayview, the men's club at West Seattle Muni and a VERY competitive and active club. I play about 1/2 my rounds there and the other sprinkled at courses throughout the region. I have an Oki card, but I'm on the post-wedding budget so I only play during weekdays and twilights the most expensive courses.

Favorite courses (not necessarily in this order, but close!):

Chambers Bay (I can't wait until it's seasoned and a bit cheaper during the winter!)

The Home Course (excellent course for and unbelieveable price!)

TPC at Snoqualmie (tought to get on, but worth it for the views and nice course)

Trophy Lake

Druids Glen

Gold Mountain ($75 for bucket of balls, cart, lunch and UNLIMITED golf Mondays!)

both courses are incredible...I wish I could combine the 2 back nines of Cascade and Olympic

Washington National

Harbour Pointe

Kayak Point

Avalon

The Classic (great course for the winter, drains well and GREAT rates)

Proud Walking Golfer
What's in my Ping Moonlite bag:
Ping G425 LST 9* X 65g Tensei Orange
TaylorMade Sim2 15* X 70g Tensei AV Raw Blue
Ping G410 Hybrid 19* X 80g Tensei Blue
Ping iBlades red dot 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Titleist Vokey Raw SM7 54M 1* flat ProjectX 6.0

Titleist Vokey Raw SM4 TVD 60M 1* flat Tour Issue DG S400
TaylorMade TP Maranello 8-02 “Rossa” 34.5” w/black IomicX

I'm in West Seattle (Admiral District above Alki Beach). I'm a member at Bayview, the men's club at West Seattle Muni and a VERY competitive and active club. I play about 1/2 my rounds there and the other sprinkled at courses throughout the region. I have an Oki card, but I'm on the post-wedding budget so I only play during weekdays and twilights the most expensive courses.

Favorite courses (not necessarily in this order, but close!):

Chambers Bay (I can't wait until it's seasoned and a bit cheaper during the winter!)

The Home Course (excellent course for and unbelieveable price!)

TPC at Snoqualmie (tought to get on, but worth it for the views and nice course)

Trophy Lake

Druids Glen

Gold Mountain ($75 for bucket of balls, cart, lunch and UNLIMITED golf Mondays!)

both courses are incredible...I wish I could combine the 2 back nines of Cascade and Olympic

Washington National

Harbour Pointe

Kayak Point

Avalon

The Classic (great course for the winter, drains well and GREAT rates)

Nice list man.

I'm tagging along with you when I get up that way :p

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the site and just found this section. I live in Kennewick (Eastern Washington, about an hour South of Yakima on I82 for those of you who don't know) and play most of my rounds at Canyon Lakes and Columbia Point. I went over to Bellingham earlier this year and played up at Lake Padden, it was nice playing a course that actually had trees lining the fairway. Over on the Eastern side we don't really have to worry about the rain that much, we're pretty much a desert so the only thing I really don't like about the area is wind.

Columbia Point is a nice golf course, and wind is better than snow and freezing temperature over the Eastern State now.
I used to live in Ballard for 20 years, through my College days and played alot at Jackson Park and bounced all over the Western Washington ( one of the benefit being a bachelor ) for golf before I have family.
I still go around to play golf but mostly I hang around close to home now, on the Eastside ( of Seattle ). Getting and keeping a low hadicap number is not on my list of priority right now, but i still play about 40 rounds of golf per year.
Shooting down to West Seattle and Jefferson Park on I-90 is about as close as a drive to Bellevue Muni and Willows Run ( my old home course until they up the green fees including for the earlybird ).
Druids Glen used to be my favorite Summer course for early bird, now is West Seattle.
I used to play alot at Washington National ( I know one of the Founder ), at $40 per round including cart is what a friend of the founder pays. Now OKI took over and I don't like to frequent any courses they manage, cause they owe me an apology.
Love all the three new courses for the 07, Chambers Bay, Home Course, and White Horse.
Once awhile we'll go over the mountain to play the Suncadia, Apple Tree...
Anyway, I sneek a round in my schedule whenever I could.

South King County area-I'd echo a couple of courses on the prior list-Chambers Bay and the Home Course and add Washington National on the West Side and for East Side golf, Bear Mountain (Chelan-views are unbelievable), Desert Canyon (Orondo, still great but a bit worn due to the bankruptcy), Highlander (East Wenatchee-gotta love a course where the fairways dip to the middle-hard to hit a bad drive!) and Suncadia Resort (Cle Elum-both courses).

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...