Titleist 909H

G.Review

PERFORMANCE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN.

The Titleist 909H is a progressive line of hybrids that delivers optimum launch and spin through the lofts.

The 909H features a tour proven, modern profile that creates a deeper CG for greater stability. The larger head with a longer face of the 909H provides confidence and forgiveness.

Each 909H is constructed with a precision cast 17-4 Stainless Steel body and 455 Carpenter Steel face insert for a lively feel and increased ball speed. The size, shape, offset, and CG location progress through the lofts to provide the proper ball flight, workability, and trajectory control.

The factory installed SureFit Swingweight Screw helps to position the CG deep while also providing a precise head to shaft match.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Oky well I got one anyway. Can't say much other than it's a hybrid and it does it's job. It really comes down to the shaft. Mine came with an OEM Vodoo S. So far so good. Not as big of an issue to me as choosing one for your driver. In fact the Vodoo on the hybrid feels a bit tighter than the one on my D3-which will be replaced.

I ended up with a 17 degree. The ball comes off the face pretty hot with a decent, piercing flight....not too high. But a little higher than my 2 iron. What I like is that it sets up pretty square, if not a little open. Although the top-line paint seems to make it look a tad shut. It's beyond me, as to why they don't just paint it all the way across-similar to their fairway woods... I'll be fixing this myself. Other than that, it's pretty to look down at and inspires plenty of confidence at address.

I like it!

• 1 month later...

Much better than 585h. Had fitting a few weeks back and they fitted me to a 21* VS Proto X, as the 19* was going 250 and too close to the 3 wood distance. I opted for the 19* in X100 for a little more control. I feel as they are like a replacement iron I would want same shaft as my irons which is what I went for...

I demoed this hybrid last week. Looks great at address, nice traditional color, feels great off the clubface. My only concern is the shaft options. Voodoo by Titleist and Diamana by titleist concerns me. Specs are different on titleist website. i emailed titleist but they have not gotten back to me. Do these shafts have the same makeup as the "original" voodoo and/or diamana shafts? Help????

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

Much better than 585h. Had fitting a few weeks back and they fitted me to a 21* VS Proto X, as the 19* was going 250 and too close to the 3 wood distance. I opted for the 19* in X100 for a little more control. I feel as they are like a replacement iron I would want same shaft as my irons which is what I went for...

if you don't mind elaborating... what makes it better than the 585h? i love this club with a v2 for every shot, except for an intentional long and very low shot (the 19* likes to get up when hit hard).

TM M5 10.5* Diamana BF 60TX
TM M1 15* Diamana Kai'li 80g X
Titleist 716 T-MB 3; 620 CB 4-PW Project X 6.0
TM Milled Grind 50, 54; Hi-Toe 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

Scottleo - Those shafts are titleist versions so its like buying supermarket branded cola instead of coca cola (if that makes sense to you). You can pay for the real versions but there's an upcharge on them.

Ghromas - I had a fitting for all my new 909 stuff and the numbers with the 909 vastly overshadowed the 585. My SS ranged from 115-118 throughout the fitting and i was hitting a 21* 909h 250 yards. I don't think my 585h 19* went that far. The titleist reps were saying how impressed all the pro's have been with it and the 909 range in general.

thanks! my hybrid SS is in the 105 range, ballspeed around 150-155, and i hit my 19* up to 235. maybe i'll try the 909h 17* or 19* and drop the 3wood? my 3iron is at 21* and don't want to drop it.

will give it a look, but definitely not with their stock shaft offerings. thanks!

Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

hey guys a little off topic but how would you compare this to the idea pro gold? im trying to decide which one to get

i generally liked the performance of the pro gold with an aldila vs proto shaft. easy to work the ball. the impact sound is somewhat dull, but that didn't matter that much to me. i personally just didn't like the look of the club at address. the boxy face, boxy flange, the fact that dirt gets caught in the weight screw, etc. that's enough to steer me away.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

Thanks Stenson for your input. I'd rather drink the real cola!!!

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I'm on the Titleist Home Pro Staff. I could have gotten ANY shaft I wanted, I chose the "made for" Voodoo version as it fit me perfectly. All the talk about the "made for" being inferior is junk. Great shafts for those who they fit. Pay attention to the specs, demo, and get the shaft that works for you, not the one that someone on the web says is better...

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I'm on the Titleist Home Pro Staff. I could have gotten ANY shaft I wanted, I chose the "made for" Voodoo version as it fit me perfectly. All the talk about the "made for" being inferior is junk. Great shafts for those who they fit. Pay attention to the specs, demo, and get the shaft that works for you, not the one that someone on the web says is better...

Kevin

i totally agree. i actually own a titleist 909f3 with the titleist voodoo that comes out on short courses where i use it a lot more off the tee- hasn't earned full time bag status. when it comes to hybrids, am a recent convert from an s400 and am still getting used to graphite weight and length with a 19deg. who knows, i might like the stock offerings, but i just doubt it. c'mon, my current 3wood has an aerotech! very few ppl even know what that is- i care abt performance (i guess i avoid pink or green shafts too).

no offense brutha!

Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

Kevin

i totally agree. i actually own a titleist 909f3 with the titleist voodoo that comes out on short courses where i use it a lot more off the tee- hasn't earned full time bag status. when it comes to hybrids, am a recent convert from an s400 and am still getting used to graphite weight and length with a 19deg. who knows, i might like the stock offerings, but i just doubt it. c'mon, my current 3wood has an aerotech! very few ppl even know what that is- i care abt performance (i guess i avoid pink or green shafts too).

no offense brutha!

No offense taken my man!

I am a HUGE believer in stronger players sticking with the same steel shaft in their hybrid as they use in their irons. I just recently changed to graphite as I'm getting a little older and looking for a little more of that magic zip. :lol: Got to use what you believe works the best for YOUR game!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Kevin - I'm glad I found someone who agrees with that philosophy. I use x100 in irons and hybrid but looking through the players bios on the titleist website no one was using steel in the hybrid. Wondering why a lot more pro's dont use steel?

i had x100s in my old irons, with the s400 in my hybrid. it was a great setup for years- the s400 kept the hybrid lower overall compared to the x100 and rolled out fairly long. i switched to PX in my irons just for variety and they're not bad, just different- they get up higher earlier in the traj with a lot less spin. i switched to graphite in the hybrid because it flies higher and just stops when it hits the greens, which is also why i use graphite because it's longer and lighter so carries further before it sticks.

i find it more versatile than a 5-wood, or maybe i'm just fighting my age!

Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

Kevin - I'm glad I found someone who agrees with that philosophy. I use x100 in irons and hybrid but looking through the players bios on the titleist website no one was using steel in the hybrid. Wondering why a lot more pro's dont use steel?

Great question Stenson, I wish I knew the answer! I really hadn't looked, and I'm surprised that's the case. I imagine they are using some pretty heavy graphite shafts???

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

i'd guess the pro's hybrid graphite shafts are north of 100g, but at least 30g lighter than the steel alternative. prob an inch longer than steel too.

hey stenson- have you ever hit the 14-15* hybrids? i completely hear you on that trend possibly developing. anthony kim already just games one low loft hybrid, and prob will put a 19* in his bag when he reaches 30 yrs old instead of a 2-iron. i feel that when the lofts are down around that range, it's better to have the weight a bit further back? am definitely going to try the 909 in strong lofts next time i get out.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

i'd guess the pro's hybrid graphite shafts are north of 100g, but at least 30g lighter than the steel alternative. prob an inch longer than steel too.

hey stenson- have you ever hit the 14-15* hybrids? i completely hear you on that trend possibly developing. anthony kim already just games one low loft hybrid, and prob will put a 19* in his bag when he reaches 30 yrs old instead of a 2-iron. i feel that when the lofts are down around that range, it's better to have the weight a bit further back? am definitely going to try the 909 in strong lofts next time i get out.

Well I guess the stock Voodoo in mine are approx 92 grams, almost manly. :lol:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Well I guess the stock Voodoo in mine are approx 92 grams, almost manly. :lol:

Kevin

LOL. Nobody asks how heavy your shaft is when you hit the green, or when you attest a score! Maybe they'll ask when they're paying you after losing 6 ways in nassau!!

Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

IMHO that 15° Hybrid will be an awesome weapon for high ball hitters. Guys with lower club head speed can't get very much out of it. A little too tough for me to get airborne. As a comparison, I am approx 100 MPH with driver. 17° is borderline for me, it's a real fairway finder off the tee on windy days.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I'm getting a 17* with the Titleist Voodoo this week. Hoping it plays as well as the 21* I was demoing. I'm a lefty and sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. I liked the Diamana BB, but the consistency of the Voodoo was impressive.

Do you notice a need to spine this shaft with the S-core tech they use?

Loving this hybrid. Best I've hit yet. The stock Voodoo shaft is better than some think. If I come across a 8D07HB or 904HB, I'll switch it out. Even a Matrix Altus for grins!

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D2.5) 18GB, 8GF 45.5"

(testing) Diamana PD 60TX (D5) 18GB, 16GF 45.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i

T20 50.07, T24 54.08D, Callaway Jaws Raw 60.08C, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34"  Callaway Tour X

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

How does 909 compare to 585 especially ref. ball flight trjactory etc.?

By the way still prefer the 585H due to design and looks; love the V2 100 and NV 105 in those; very long and very good trajectory

I agree with the person ref. driver 15 / 19 hybrid set up for long game set composition and no fairway woods as those hybrids are really long.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]