Jump to content

Byron Morgan Library of Photos


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would commit murder to get another 006. The 615 doesn't have the same classic lines.   Please Byron! Bring back the 006.   I once owned this BAMF. Sold it.   #regret    

I love carbon but hate the oiling routine, so I embraced the vintage rawness and sped up Mother Nature. Looks good to me!

I'm not sure if it is because of the incredible mentorship, the look of his putters, or the fact that he never gives the feeling that he is in it for the money. But, I could look at and read about By

Saw that one, nice buy, very unique.

Titleist 917 D2 GOGO 5 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Miura CB57's Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills GS Ming V3 flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @"Aviador Naval" said:

> Byron’s website has been down a few days. Anybody know why: updates, standard IT headaches, business model change..?

 

It will be back up soon.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic you said, “Swag.” Looks like Swag golf liked the Byron pop art covers so much they used the same art we mocked up in 2016.

Let’s see how much they make first.

 

> @JunkerJorge said:

> > @finalist said:

> > 1sf50jedtqxd.jpeg

> > 95cjdefmrbpv.jpeg

> > bf7twiptr0ky.jpeg

> > Do you guys want to see some behind the scenes head cover designs? These are mock-ups that never got made from around 2016.

> >

> >

>

> Awe man. You got me excited that these were coming out. Seems like Byron swag has gone extinct.

 

 

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @finalist said:

> Ironic you said, “Swag.” Looks like Swag golf liked the Byron pop art covers so much they used the same art we mocked up in 2016.

> Let’s see how much they make first.

>

> > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > @finalist said:

> > > 1sf50jedtqxd.jpeg

> > > 95cjdefmrbpv.jpeg

> > > bf7twiptr0ky.jpeg

> > > Do you guys want to see some behind the scenes head cover designs? These are mock-ups that never got made from around 2016.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Awe man. You got me excited that these were coming out. Seems like Byron swag has gone extinct.

>

>

 

Ha. Unintentional. I was referring to swag as in goods or products, not as in mojo or whatever.

 

I was referring more to the ocean themed mock ups. Not much into pinups on my golf gear although I did notice the swag stuff seemed awfully similar to those old Byron covers.

 

At any rate I would love to see Byron producing some “accessories” again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar is an understatement. Compare the pic above of the art shown to their release that just sold out today... And they were worried their Pizza rat was copying ScOtTy too much. At least skulls are original - oh wait, never mind.

 

 

 

 

> @JunkerJorge said:

> > @finalist said:

> > Ironic you said, “Swag.” Looks like Swag golf liked the Byron pop art covers so much they used the same art we mocked up in 2016.

> > Let’s see how much they make first.

> >

> > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > @finalist said:

> > > > 1sf50jedtqxd.jpeg

> > > > 95cjdefmrbpv.jpeg

> > > > bf7twiptr0ky.jpeg

> > > > Do you guys want to see some behind the scenes head cover designs? These are mock-ups that never got made from around 2016.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Awe man. You got me excited that these were coming out. Seems like Byron swag has gone extinct.

> >

> >

>

> Ha. Unintentional. I was referring to swag as in goods or products, not as in mojo or whatever.

>

> I was referring more to the ocean themed mock ups. Not much into pinups on my golf gear although I did notice the swag stuff seemed awfully similar to those old Byron covers.

>

> At any rate I would love to see Byron producing some “accessories” again.

 

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @finalist said:

> Similar is an understatement. Compare the pic above of the art shown to their release that just sold out today... And they were worried their Pizza rat was copying ScOtTy too much. At least skulls are original - oh wait, never mind.

>

>

>

>

> > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > @finalist said:

> > > Ironic you said, “Swag.” Looks like Swag golf liked the Byron pop art covers so much they used the same art we mocked up in 2016.

> > > Let’s see how much they make first.

> > >

> > > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > > @finalist said:

> > > > > 1sf50jedtqxd.jpeg

> > > > > 95cjdefmrbpv.jpeg

> > > > > bf7twiptr0ky.jpeg

> > > > > Do you guys want to see some behind the scenes head cover designs? These are mock-ups that never got made from around 2016.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Awe man. You got me excited that these were coming out. Seems like Byron swag has gone extinct.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ha. Unintentional. I was referring to swag as in goods or products, not as in mojo or whatever.

> >

> > I was referring more to the ocean themed mock ups. Not much into pinups on my golf gear although I did notice the swag stuff seemed awfully similar to those old Byron covers.

> >

> > At any rate I would love to see Byron producing some “accessories” again.

>

 

Ok. Sorry. I had no intention of waking into this conversation. Poor, albeit unintentional, choice of word.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On no, you didn't say anything wrong at all. I'm just being pun-ie and airing out my frustrations with another golf company that is making it a habit of copying stuff.

 

 

> @JunkerJorge said:

> > @finalist said:

> > Similar is an understatement. Compare the pic above of the art shown to their release that just sold out today... And they were worried their Pizza rat was copying ScOtTy too much. At least skulls are original - oh wait, never mind.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > @finalist said:

> > > > Ironic you said, “Swag.” Looks like Swag golf liked the Byron pop art covers so much they used the same art we mocked up in 2016.

> > > > Let’s see how much they make first.

> > > >

> > > > > @JunkerJorge said:

> > > > > > @finalist said:

> > > > > > 1sf50jedtqxd.jpeg

> > > > > > 95cjdefmrbpv.jpeg

> > > > > > bf7twiptr0ky.jpeg

> > > > > > Do you guys want to see some behind the scenes head cover designs? These are mock-ups that never got made from around 2016.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Awe man. You got me excited that these were coming out. Seems like Byron swag has gone extinct.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ha. Unintentional. I was referring to swag as in goods or products, not as in mojo or whatever.

> > >

> > > I was referring more to the ocean themed mock ups. Not much into pinups on my golf gear although I did notice the swag stuff seemed awfully similar to those old Byron covers.

> > >

> > > At any rate I would love to see Byron producing some “accessories” again.

> >

>

> Ok. Sorry. I had no intention of waking into this conversation. Poor, albeit unintentional, choice of word.

>

 

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

> @"BuckeyeGolfer " said:

> Man Ryan, I wish you would make all four of those beach and waves designs.

 

Yes, please! I think the beach, chill, surfer vibe stuff is where it’s at with Byron gear. I think the coolest stuff (mr. zogs, turfs up tool, tuna, beach cruiser) all fall into that ethos. I would LOVE to see new covers, towels, hats, anything come out. I think so many people who are drawn to boutique putters are collectors who like to support and represent a brand. Byron has it all going, the story, quality product and experience, the vibe. It’s hard when the only way to stay engaged with the brand is with a new (pricey) putter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking into getting a custom made if I can sell some extra putters I have. Does anyone know if Byron still makes the 612 head and if damascus is an option? Thanks for any info in advance!

Ping G410+ -- VA Nemesys
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W -- AD-DI 70x
PXG 0317x 22° -- Nippon G.O.S.T.
PXG 0311P 4-Gw --Nippon Modus 120x
EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58° -- shimada tour wedge
Lamb Crafted Camden -- BGT Stability Tour
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @coach_harris1 said:

> Here’s my first Byron Morgan DH89. Took her out for her maiden voyage today and she was making it rain. Haven’t putted that good in a while. Not sure what the finish is but I like a lot. Not sure if I want to add paintfill to the letters or not yet.

>

Finish on these putters is Black PVD. I had one in LH and sold it recently. They were a special edition sold by Jimmy at 303Milled. They are really nice putters and look great with the original paintfill.

 

Titleist TSi3 10*, Tensei AV Blue Raw 55S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> Have to give Byron a big thank you for another putter he did for me... He nailed my specs on this 615, re-milling the face to get the 4 degrees of loft and 335 gram head weight. Not only was the turnaround time very quick, but I really appreciate the fact that he lets his work speak for itself... Not many in the marketplace that can suspend their egos and not plaster their name all over their work.

> fjqidpxwvsun.jpg

> 1gz8xz622881.jpg

> ytbrx1tkh5gv.jpg

>

>

>

You have the same tastes I do. Less is more. Beautiful Byron putter.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Im_A_Savage said:

> Pwood28 wrote:

>

>

>

> I'd love a 006 as well. Anybody else want one bad enough to preorder it? I wonder if Byron would make another run if we put together enough presold heads?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I would commit murder to get another 006. The 615 doesn't have the same classic lines.

>

>

>

> Please Byron! Bring back the 006.

>

>

>

> I once owned this BAMF. Sold it.

>

>

>

> #regret

 

What's the story on that? I agree that the 006 was a supermodel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @coach_harris1 said:

> What does the circle HB stamp mean? I’ve seen it on a few of his putters and it’s on my cover?

 

Huntington Beach. Where Byron's shop is and where he used to (or maybe still does) surf.

Titleist TSi3 10*, Tensei AV Blue Raw 55S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @SCalGolfer said:

> > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > Pwood28 wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > I'd love a 006 as well. Anybody else want one bad enough to preorder it? I wonder if Byron would make another run if we put together enough presold heads?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I would commit murder to get another 006. The 615 doesn't have the same classic lines.

> >

> >

> >

> > Please Byron! Bring back the 006.

> >

> >

> >

> > I once owned this BAMF. Sold it.

> >

> >

> >

> > #regret

>

> What's the story on that? I agree that the 006 was a supermodel.

 

Discontinued. In 2015 the 615 was released as the successor to the 006, with some small changes being made. The neck had the back edges beveled like the DH89. The heel and toe bumpers were much more squared off. The cavity of the 615 is an oval, losing the “ears” of the 006.

 

I’m probably in the minority but overall, I prefer the 615. I just had Byron round the bumpers of mine like the 006.

 

9q0xjf12qv2c.jpeg

py93tic2jpt1.jpeg

iihc0do2cddr.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Scotty1140 said:

> > @SCalGolfer said:

> > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > Pwood28 wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I'd love a 006 as well. Anybody else want one bad enough to preorder it? I wonder if Byron would make another run if we put together enough presold heads?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I would commit murder to get another 006. The 615 doesn't have the same classic lines.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Please Byron! Bring back the 006.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I once owned this BAMF. Sold it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > #regret

> >

> > What's the story on that? I agree that the 006 was a supermodel.

>

> Discontinued. In 2015 the 615 was released as the successor to the 006, with some small changes being made. The neck had the back edges beveled like the DH89. The heel and toe bumpers were much more squared off. The cavity of the 615 is an oval, losing the “ears” of the 006.

>

> I’m probably in the minority but overall, I prefer the 615. I just had Byron round the bumpers of mine like the 006.

>

> 9q0xjf12qv2c.jpeg

> py93tic2jpt1.jpeg

> iihc0do2cddr.jpeg

>

>

 

I love everything about this one. Perfect!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Scotty1140 said:

> > @SCalGolfer said:

> > > @Im_A_Savage said:

> > > Pwood28 wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I'd love a 006 as well. Anybody else want one bad enough to preorder it? I wonder if Byron would make another run if we put together enough presold heads?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I would commit murder to get another 006. The 615 doesn't have the same classic lines.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Please Byron! Bring back the 006.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I once owned this BAMF. Sold it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > #regret

> >

> > What's the story on that? I agree that the 006 was a supermodel.

>

> Discontinued. In 2015 the 615 was released as the successor to the 006, with some small changes being made. The neck had the back edges beveled like the DH89. The heel and toe bumpers were much more squared off. The cavity of the 615 is an oval, losing the “ears” of the 006.

>

> I’m probably in the minority but overall, I prefer the 615. I just had Byron round the bumpers of mine like the 006.

>

> 9q0xjf12qv2c.jpeg

> py93tic2jpt1.jpeg

> iihc0do2cddr.jpeg

>

>

 

Beautiful putter. I would consider this putter but would like to roll it first. How is the toe hang/flow compared to a NP2? The Byron seems to have much more. I had a Betti with similar toe hang and I couldn't make a putt with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...