Nike SQ DYMO STR8-FIT

Nike SQ DYMO STR8-FIT

Description

- STR8-FIT Shaft Adapter and Hosel System

Eight possible head positions resulting in eight different shot shapes – all in a single driver.

- Dynamic Moment of Inertia:

All SQ DYMO and SQ DYMO² STR8-FIT drivers are engineered from the ground up with the express purpose of optimizing the launch and spin by loft. Distance is maximized in every loft by varying multiple specifications from lie angle, to MOI and CG placement, to overall head size and face depth.

- Square or Round Geometry:

Square geometry is about straight and long, great sound, optimal launch by loft, and great looks. A new folded round geometry repositions square mass into a round format for workable distance and control. Two designs for the player that wants to “swing away.”

- UST Proforce AXIV Core Shafts:

Engineered into the interior of the shaft, AXIV Core material increases the shaft’s “hoop” strength, and counter-balance effect. Providing a stable environment at impact and making it easier to swing the club head faster.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press release in December of 2008

Nike Golf continues to make accessible to consumers the same game-changing technology that is used by its talented group of athletes on the professional tours. The latest and most exciting representation of this is Nike’s groundbreaking STR8-FIT (pronounced “straight fit”) technology found in Nike’s new SQ DYMO STR8-FIT and SQ DYMO² (square-shape) STR8-FIT drivers, available on April 1, 2009. A choice of eight club head positions that can dramatically or subtly perfect ball flight makes the SQ Dymo STR8-FIT the first of its kind in the market place.

Nike’s new STR8-FIT driver technology provides golfers with the opportunity to hit the ball longer and straighter by changing the head position. Simple changes can be made before their round to dramatically correct their ball flight or subtly perfect it through the selection of eight unique head positions from open to close with one club, eliminating the use of multiple shafts and movable weights. This is a new and unique way for each individual consumer to control their own game, much like the Nike Tour athletes use the Nike Tour Van at tournament site prior to a round to adapt their equipment for the day’s round. For example, if a golfer is pushing, fading or slicing the ball too much and they wish to draw the ball or hit more to the left for a particular course set up, they can change the position of their clubface to a more closed position. If a golfer is hooking, pulling or drawing the ball more than they wish, they can manually change the clubface to a more open position. Club face angles range from a neutral position of zero degrees to both one and two degrees closed or open.

Nike’s STR8-FIT technology already has had Tour-proven success. Throughout the 2008 PGA Tour season, it was consistently used as a prototype by Nike Golf athletes and the results spoke for themselves. Nike’s Trevor Immelman captured his first major championship victory at The Masters using the technology. Also winning with STR8-FIT were Nike athletes K.J. Choi, who was the first to win with it in January, 2008 at the Sony Open; and Anthony Kim, who won the Wachovia Championship and the AT&T Classic.

“I have worked on a number of great products in my time, but never has there been a product that allows a golfer to “change” his or her results so quickly and effectively,” said Tom Stites, Nike Golf’s Director of Club Creation. “The new SQ DYMO STR8-FIT and SQ DYMO² STR8-FIT drivers allow the golfer to change the face and shaft relationship up to plus/minus 2? for face angle, loft and lie. Nothing influences ball flight more than face, loft and lie angles. This is significant because it means that if a player normally hits the ball far right or left, there is at least one of the eight locations of STR8-FIT that will allow him or her to hit in or near the fairway. And straight equals greater distance.”

The SQ DYMO STR8-FIT and SQ DYMO² STR8-FIT drivers, available in round and square versions, feature a simple STR8-FIT shaft adapter built into the hosel giving golfers access to eight different head positions resulting in eight different shot shapes. Through the magic of this simple technology, golfers now are empowered to control their ball flight by manually selecting face and lie angles in one simple shaft and club head position.

Through comprehensive testing on the range with the SQ DYMO STR8-FIT and SQ DYMO² STR8-FIT drivers, test results revealed 45 yards difference between the maximum left and maximum right positions. That means that this club offers a great deal of ball flight change. Players now have the power to significantly alter their ball flight by simply changing the face position, which is easy to manipulate manually. To adapt the head positions, the player will use a torque wrench, which is located in the headcover that comes with each SQ DYMO STR8-FIT driver. When the head position is “locked in,” a sound indicator and light on the wrench goes off to ensure that the club is ready to be hit.

INSPIRED BY NIKE GOLF ATHLETES ON THE PGA TOUR – (Already three victories with STR8-FIT Prototype in 2008)

The creation of STR8-FIT technology was inspired by how Nike Golf Tour athletes set up their equipment to suit each tournament’s course. On the PGA Tour, Nike Golf athletes have the luxury of utilizing the Nike Tour Van, where a staff of Nike club experts can adjust each Nike athlete’s driver to the face and lie angle that they want to perform their best on any given week. This same concept is now being made available to consumers through the STR8-FIT’s wide range of choices in shot shaping with one shaft, one club head, one club.

When Nike Golf athlete Immelman won his first major championship title at The Masters tournament on Augusta National, he decided to use a non-straight driver in his bag. Immelman chose a 1? closed-face setup on his Nike SQ driver because he wanted to slightly draw the ball. The result of this subtle adjustment as he navigated Augusta’s primarily draw layout was 48 out of 56 drives in the fairway.

The standard shaft option is Nike Golf’s UST Proforce AXIV Core, which features a strengthening core material that provides an extremely stable environment at impact, making it easier to swing the club faster and remain in complete control of the club head at all times. Custom shafts are also available.

Availability: April 1, 2009 at golf shops and specialty stores across the U.S.

Men’s: Loft Options 8.5 (RH), 9.5 (RH/LH), 10.5 (RH/LH), 11.5 (RH/LH), HL (RH)

Women’s : Loft Options 11.5 (RH/LH), HL (RH)

MSRP: $540.00

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's amazing!

Performance wise, much more accurate than I was expecting...

Seeing the difference in trajectory from 2open to 2closed is absolutely hilarious!

Looks traditional, feels solid, sounds solid...

Thought I would appreciate the flatter lie angle, like standard much better...

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Nike demo day today and finally got to hit the STR8 (round) with the UST Axivcore black 69 and 79 in stiff. I can honestly say that the changing of the face angle is the real deal in dialing in a certain ball flight. I was amazed how much it changed going from just square to 2 degrees open. The face is hot and very solid feeling, not as solid compared to a 905R, but solid compared to most other offerings. The head has a nice shape and not very distracting like previous Nike offerings, except for the Sasquatch Tour.

The UST Axivcore shaft is what I really wanted to try out, since I have played a V2 for a couple of years. Loved the V2 but I wanted a little more feel and a little more carry with less spin. The new UST Axivcore does just that. The ball just seemed to stay on the same trajectory and carry forever and got plenty of bounce and run at the end. I am not a long hitter, but today I was carrying the 8.5 loft, set up 2 degrees open, with the Axivcore black 69 series about 260-270 into about a 10mph wind. I put this combo up side by side with my Sumo 5000, Epic 68X, and it was longer with a more penetrating ball flight. I feel that the Sumo 5000 is more forgiving, and the STR8 you have to put a good swing on it, but I like that. It was very easy to work the ball left and right. I am definitely in the market for one of the STR8 drivers now. I have now hit just about everything on the market, and so far the STR8 is leading the pack for me. Then again, if I had my choice I would have a 905R with an Axivcore black 69 series and the driver search would be over!

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

• 4 weeks later...

This thing is long and feels great. I've owned about every nike driver ever and this is by far the best feeling and sounding one ever. The different angles and opens and closed are the real deal. If you can't find a setting to match you swing with this, you are in trouble. I've been struggling with the driver lately and this came my way and saved my game off the tee. Long and legit, if you are remotely interested, hit one and see for yourself.

Nike
Nike
&
More Nike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked one up on Thursday after smacking all the new drivers out there on the launch monitor, and this thing is a beast! Perfect spin rate, launch angle, and sound. Played a round with it yesterday and let me tell you....right where I wanted it every single time! Hit it to perfect distance and placement on the 18th which I've never reached in 2 and I was within reach now! Finally had an opportunity for my first eagle after bombing my 3 hybrid to around 25 ft of the hole.

All in all this driver is by far one of the best I've ever hit, and with the shaft combo you couldn't ask for any better. Definitly my new gamer.

P.S. : For those asking about the sound compared to the last few Nike drivers.....It sounds nothing like the drivers of old. It has it's own sound, but nothing like the 5000 or 5900 Sumos. And by far better sounding than any Cobra(except for the pro models)