Adams Speedline

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball flight is low...but that's due to swing faults I'm working on...not staying behind the ball and not breaking/rotating wrists properly. But not too low...just kind of a boring line. We call it my "driver stinger" (sorry Tiger).

Misses tend to be pulls from coming over the top. Occassional push when I don't get around on it...but not real big slice problem unless just a real bad swing.

So consistent slicing not a problem. Would you then suggest 9.5* stiff? Really appreciate your time and help. JOE

I have the Speedline 9.5 with the Ozik stiff shaft (range demo). I really like the driver, as it was the most consistant of all the drivers I hit before I purchased it. I haven't been on a monitor yet, but I would guess my ss in in the 100-110 range. (Driver distance is 275-300), 8 iron 150'ish). My only concern would be that it seems to me to be a little too high a launch at times, and the total distance (while nothing to really complain about) seems to be a little lacking, due to very little roll. Almost like it carries 265, but only 15-20 yards roll. When I play with a foursome of decent golfers, they are amazed at how the ball jumps off the clubface, and soars in the air. They are then equally amazed when the total distance is "only" in the 275-285 range. If it weren't for GPS, we would all swear that it would have to be longer. My misses are mostly pushes right, though it is really a pretty consistant fairway hitter.

I am plannning to get to a range with the top line doppler launch monitors this week, and see what my numbers really are. I am confident in the distance numbers as I use a gps, but I would really like to see ss, ball speed, spin and launch angle numbers. I think that possibly a lower launching shaft might be the answer.

Still, I really like the club and am not thinking of getting rid of it, just a little "tweak" if possible.

Gary

I've been consistently losing driver distance over the last few years. I hit it pretty straight but this year my ball flight is only about 215-220 and then roll is well . . . you know . . . depends on the slope, how soft the ground is, etc. etc. etc. My swing speed is in the low 90's. I've tried about a half dozen drivers (2 Callaways, Taylor R9, Cobra and 2 Burners). The longest for me is the '09 Burner with a 10.5 face and a reg flex stock Burner (Fuji) shaft. I attribute the modestly longer yardage (5-10) to the long (46.5 inch), light (49 gram) shaft.

My friend who owns a golf discount store suggested I try the Speedline. I actually tried three of them in various configurations and checked the distances with my Skycaddie against the Burner distances on three consecutive days (10 balls with each off of 3 separate tees - 60 shots in all). This Speedline is about 5 yards longer on average and has the added bonus of being a club you can work a little from right to left or from left to right (I'm a 4 handicapper and can move some shots with some clubs). The stability and engineering of the Burner makes it almost impossible to draw or cut at will. I suppose it was engineered for players who just want to hit it straight.

Anyway, I found that the 9.5 with the Axis stiff shaft is the best combination for me. The best Burner is a 10.5 with a regular shaft. So if you're getting one of these (and I highly recommend them), don't just assume that you need the same configuration you've got with your current driver. Great, great club (but aren't they all nowadays).

I read all the hype about the Speedline 9032LS, so I had to find out for myself. Took my Titleist 909D2 9.5* w/Grafalloy ProLaunch Red to compare, and tried it first on a launch monitor.

3 or 4 swings with the D2 - 159 to 161 ball speed, 108/109 clubhead speed

Next up, same swings with the 9.5* 9032 LS w/SNV6 shaft - 165 ball speed, 112/113 clubhead speed, and also a bit lower spin rate (2700 to 2900).

Launch angle was about the same on both, 13 to 14*

I will have to try it outdoors before pulling the trigger on the Speedline, but so far I like it, feels
great, sounds great.

Driver-Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 70 6.0
3W- Titleist TSR2 15 Hzrdus 70 6.0
Hybrid-Ping G410 19* Xcaliber Pro 85 S
Irons- Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Combo, KBS TOUR 120 S
Wedges- VOKEY SM9 50,54,59
PUTTER- EVNROLL ER7

I have the A4 9.5 with Diamana WB stiff 63 grams and now have the new Speedline LS 8.5 Diamana WB 63 and love it
why? : because I can control it slightly better than the A4 it, I probably hit the A4 longer consistently (5 yds) and lower but when I'm in the heat of a round I have a tendency to flare it right 20 or more yards ... the Speedline LS is straight as an arrow ...
both shafts are 46 inches long

I'm looking at the Speedline as a way to increase my swing speed (85-90) and distance as I get older (57) . Currently have two drivers ..........Ping G5 10.5 w/stock R shaft and a new TM R9 460 10.5 w/ stock R shaft. My typical shot pattern is usually straight with a slight draw at times with a high ball flight. The TM was picked up as a prize at an outing and really hasn't been an improvement in regards to distance when compared to the older G5. The Speedline comes stock w/Graf ProLaunch Axis shaft. Any recommendations on 9.5 vs 10.5 loft and R vs S shaft?

After hitting the Taylor Made R580 for six years, I figured it was time for an upgrade. I've hit several other drivers over the years, but none of them seemed to really produce any better results than the R580. It was always an easy club for me to control and distance has never been a problem.

This year however I started ballooning shots high and right. It just didn't feel like the same club anymore. I refused to believe it was the equipment and struggled on. Finally, I just couldn't take it anymore. I convinced myself that after six years 'something' has got to be better than this.

A friend of mine had just purchased a Taylor Made Tour Burner. (Stiff shaft). I took it out for 36 holes and things were even WORSE! Higher shots and even farther right. No slice, just soft high pushes right. Shaft seemed to flex way to much for me.

Frustrated, I walked into my local Golf Galaxy. They have always treated me right in the past, and I liked the guys who worked their. I told the golf pro my story and asked him to tape up several drivers for me to hit, and to let me hit them without telling me what brand I was actually hitting. He must have taped up six or seven, and I hit them all more than once. It was process by elimination.

Down to the final two I kept going back to the club with the green shaft. It said "voodoo" on it. This club swung a few degrees faster, and the ball flew further. It is the most solid club I have hit to date.

I unwrapped the tape only to see "Adams Speedline 9032LS" I was shoked that I had chosen a club that I had considered a 'generic'. Being a former college baseball player, I went with my instinct and trusted my hands. I was sold.

I played 18 yesterday and club felt just as good outside as it did inside. The driver is long and straight. It has a traditional feel at address, looks square, and sounds just as sweet. The club produced a penetrating ball flight, even on a few toe shots. The club is an absolute ROCKET!

I always knew it wasn't my swing that was causing me the troubles....anyway....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Adams Speedline 9032LS 9.5

[b]Shaft:[/b] 60-gram Aldila VooDoo SNV6