Adams Tech a4 9015d driver....uhhh, ballspeed!!!!

dlefty

a little story inside
OK, so all of 2007 sees me play the Nike SUMO 4950 with a Blue Board 63-X. Working out a bunch, in fantastic shape, and swinging well......putting up ballspeeds in the mid to upper 160's. Life is good, driving the ball well.

Midway through the season, I put a Burner '07 TP up against it, Blue Board, White Board, XCON 6, it didn't matter, the SUMO was flat out better for me. Burner '07 TP was generally same ballspeed, so not a noticeable enough difference (+/- 1 mph).

So along came 2008, SUMO still in the bag, but we get a few drivers to take out and fight for a spot in the bag. FT-5 with Blue Board, G10 with Blue Board, nothing beat the SUMO, even though G10 and FT-5 got it by a couple MPH in ballspeed, I just didn't hit them as good during a round of golf. Then along comes the Tour Burner TP, ahhha, we got one! I hit it great, ballspeed still in that same range as everything else, but towards season end, I went back to the SUMO because I just hit it so damn well.

So a month ago, Taylor Made gets me a Burner '09 TP, says give it a whirl. So, Blue Board goes in, very good, Fubuki goes in, very good, but ballspeed is still in that same range. And with all the confidence I have in the SUMO, it's just tough to not play it when it counts because I know I hit so many good shots with it.

Waiting for something to show me a "WOW, that's better"

Well, along comes an Adams a4 9015d driver today, Adams did it up for me, they hot melted head to get it to D2 at 45"........but unfortunately it came with a Graphite Design YS-Q STIFF, but they did tip it a little extra since they know I'm normally an X-flex guy in the driver. So a tiny hesitent to even try it with an S-flex, mixed with a getting more-and-more out of shape body from 2 years ago, combined with a -10 degrees, yes MINUS 10, temp outside.......what the hell lets check it out.

No stretches, no warm up swings, and a B330-S go to the launch monitor, and.........oh man that crack that just came from my back was loud, ooooh, 166 mph ball speed. Swing 2, back turned ok now, ballspeed 169. Hmmm, swing 3, a little toe, 167. OK, now I'm going to hit one, uh 175mph! OK smooth now on swing 5, 170 mph! One more hard hit......176mph. OK, ok, go smooth, 171 mph. Then fire off 3 more in a row.....175, 173, 174.

Ran and grabbed a couple other drivers I have laying around, 163, 161, 159, 162, 168, 167, 158, 170, 163.

So is this damn head that good, or should I just play tipped S-flex shafts in my drivers from now on instead of untipped X's.......sheesh this thing feels hot!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FEEL THE POWER!! I hit one yesterday that was so far off the heel that I nearly missed it. Rocked it 285 down the center of the fairway! The head is a beast lefty. Don't fight the urges to take it deep!

I'm hoping I hit it good while actually playing golf with it outside, but got another month before I head out to play some golf that means anything, it's coming, along with the Sumo.......but I hate to put a different shaft it in right now, I hate to mess around with anything that puts those numbers up. But it'll be tough to resist, I am a Mitsubishi man.

I agree the driver has some great ballspeed numbers, Looks good and good ball flight for me too. Its too bad my Hyper X Tour is still soo close in terms of performance and ballspeed that I cant justify buying one of these yet. The ho in me will take over eventually and get one

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

can you guys stop talking about this driver until it's available in lefty up here????

THIS IS KILLING ME! I cant wait to hit this thing...

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

can you guys stop talking about this driver until it's available in lefty up here????

THIS IS KILLING ME! I cant wait to hit this thing...

Order one! The LH heads are not that plentiful at Adams right now, but they obviously have a few laying around ;) Hell, if you don't like it, just sell it, but you gotta hit one!

Can someone explain to me how ball speeds would be higher for this driver versus any other currently on the market? Is the head illegal? Or is it a shaft thing? Or both?

From what I can tell (not knowing the OP's swing speed), it looks like he wasn't maximizing the smash factor, which leads me to believe it's the shaft? Thoughts? I think I see myself trying one out regardless.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Same thing happened to me. It is consistently about 5 miles an hour faster than anything else I've tried. I think a lot of it has to do with the COG being fairly high and in line with sweetspot. I don't care why but I bomb this driver for me. It was what got me trying the Adams gear and lead me to changing my entire bag and take a deal with Adams. Everything I've hit that they make has flat out performed.

I've also been mentioning the ball speed numbers. I don't think it's the shaft. I've been playing with mine in a stock X flex. Someone mentioned a long time ago that an Adams rep told him that the previous Adams driver (XTD) was such short lived (you guys all remember the $169 price tag a few months after it came out) because the next driver had so much higher ball speeds that they HAD to bring it out ASAP. And to add to the ball speed numbers it also looks great AAAAAND the new paint of the A4 is much more durable. I just cleaned mine off and it looked new again.

I can confirm...my ball speed numbers are higher with this head than any other. Put a Whiteboard 83X in last week and.....WOW! The distance is great, but what is even more amazing to me is the forgiveness out of such a traditional looking head....it seems like slight heel and toe hits just find their way to the middle of the fairway without giving up much distance. There is definitely a bunch of well hidden technology in this head.

I told my buddy yesterday...."if I dump this driver at any point in 2009, feel free to punch me in the throat". :aggressive:

D,

You mentioned that you had it hotmelted. Was that just for swingweight purposes or is the head slightly closed. I am in the market for a new big dog and right now I am looking at Callaway because of the tour-clock ferrules and the r9 because you can open it up. How did this thing sit at address?

Which of the 9015/16 set up square with a nuetral or a little draw biased weighting? All i've read is they will take the left side out of play in a big way.

I haven't seen a bad review on this head yet.

You may find a neutral face but it's supposed to be open and most are. When you sit them down they roll open even more. Doesn't mean you can't square it up in your hands you just lower the effective loft. It's definitely not fade biased like the XL Tour.

So TM...I take it you have completely hopped off the L4V bandwagon like I have (not that I was ever really on it). I tried hitting the L4V after the 9015D, and the Adams is just such a pure sounding head that I felt like I was hitting a fungo bat with the L4V.

L4V can't touch the Adams. I hit that dang thing to the moon. Awful sound and feel. The Adams just sounds so solid, and the feel is awesome. I was like you also, one foot on the wagon, but the other one close to the ground ready for me to jump off. I can't even look at the L4V now after staring at the Adams head shape. How is the WhiteBoard in the head? I'm not crazy about the Epic. I have an Axiv Core Black waiting, but I'm not sure if I want to put that in or what.

So TM...I take it you have completely hopped off the L4V bandwagon like I have (not that I was ever really on it). I tried hitting the L4V after the 9015D, and the Adams is just such a pure sounding head that I felt like I was hitting a fungo bat with the L4V.

L4V can't touch the Adams. I hit that dang thing to the moon. Awful sound and feel. The Adams just sounds so solid, and the feel is awesome. I was like you also, one foot on the wagon, but the other one close to the ground ready for me to jump off. I can't even look at the L4V now after staring at the Adams head shape. How is the WhiteBoard in the head? I'm not crazy about the Epic. I have an Axiv Core Black waiting, but I'm not sure if I want to put that in or what.

I love the whiteboard in mine. Very consistent and hitting a lot more fairways.

I tested mine out today and played 9 I tried to hit a smooth 85% swing and I was getting 280 yards every time. I like the sound and the classic look of the driver. It does make my 2nd bag driver look bad lol. It took some time to get used to the tall face as I was playing the TM tp burner till I dented the face in. Overall it lived up to the hype going around this forum. Awesome driver.