LPGA Fields Open - Please Put Comments Here

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michelle Wie uses a Leadbetter Swingsetter! I knew I wasn't the only gullible one! HA That actually works very well!

DRIVER:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:ย  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:ย  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:ย  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grindย 

PUTTER:ย  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:ย  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:ย  Testing

A man has to have options!

ย 

nice pictures!

what is paula doing with the two sleeves of balls and is that red line made with a laser pointer?

ย 

Paula "snapped" a red chalk line on a slightly uphill but straight putt. She initially started close to the boxes with one box to keep her square for the backstroke and the other for the forward stroke. She continued doing this for a while and later dropped back another four feet and stroked the ball between the boxes and on the chalk line. She was knocking them in like crazy. Really a sweet stroke. I've seen a few of the PGA guys do the same at the Sony Open but Paula was the only one at the Fields.

ย 

Many players also had a thin door threshold piece of metal. They used it for alignment and also for putting on. The Yes Putter people had the girls put a ball on the spot where the screw would go in to secure it to the floor. They would then make the players putt along this 1" wide threshold. If they pulled or pushed the putt it would roll off the side. They also did a lot of training with the green shafted putter that we've seen in several photos of the Yes Putters. Due to it's whippyness, a poor stroke and roll on the ball was very evident while putting on the door threshold. You can see an example of it later in Candy Hanneman's Visa Bag. It's sticking out the top of the bag.

ย 

ย 

This is getting great now. LPGA Pics now? The equipment is refreshing. More indicative of "average" golfers. Thanks for the pics Reid!

ย 

Easyyy... your thoughts are along the same path as mine. You'll see in the upcoming bag pics the amount of hybrids the girls are carrying. I thougth it was unusual but I figured that due to their legnth they must be doing something that more of us could do to get better accuracy on the long shots.

ย 

Anyways, I'm really glad everyone is enjoying the pics. I know it's the first time I've ever seen LPGA pics on any forum. I just finished resizing the hundreds of other photos I took. Took a little over two hours, but I know it will make Gxgolfers job posting them easier. Stay tuned for some very nice looking clubs. Particularly the Hiro Matsumoto's, Honma, Tourstage ViQ's, and Beres Proto's. ;)

Anyone else notice how much the club was in the palm of Wie's right hand in those pics? Any ideas as to what that promotes or why she would grip the club that way?

ย 

It looks very unusual, and I have never noticed it before (but I've never paid real close attention either).

ย 

I remember hearing she has done this for a while and its not like that during her full swing, only at the completion of the swing does the grip come into her palm.

Awesome job Reid-O ;) I wish I could have been there with you yesterday enjoying the "sights", but as you know I was still in bed trying to get over the food poisoning from McDonald's. I should crack the cook's head ;) who fried that tainted double 1/4 pounder w/cheese. Well, at least I'll be there on Friday & Saturday.

I was wondering why a lot of female pro's are using irons like the G2/G5/TM OS/X18/BigBertha and a few of them blades. Are they just being honest, don't go for feel and play with whatever is the easiest iron. Or do they need the lower center of gravity. I don't understand, they are still great players, hit it further and straighter as most of us and don't really need all that forgiveness.

1. whose bag is it with the nike PC os's and TW wedge?

ย 

2. guys remember, the ladies have 80-95 mph SS so blades are much harder to get up in the air.. they need the low COG and wider soles that the CB's and GI iron provide..

ย 

for those that are scratch golfers... take note of what the women put in play, they don't make a ton of money on sponsorship so what the get on tour is what get most of their money from. so they pick clubs that really work. plus with the added FW's and hybrids in the bags.

Easyyy... your thoughts are along the same path as mine. You'll see in the upcoming bag pics the amount of hybrids the girls are carrying. I thougth it was unusual but I figured that due to their legnth they must be doing something that more of us could do to get better accuracy on the long shots.

ย 

I was shocked when TGC showed what one of the girls was playing last night. TM r5D 10.5'. Rest of bag was what you'd find in most amateurs bags. Regardless, I've never seen any amateurs I played with hit like the ladies do! ;)

There was a Leadbetter Swingsetter in Aree Song's bag. Didn't see the one in Wiesie's

ย 

Actually if you look at the closeup of her bag, it's in there. She was swinging it early when she just got on the range.

ย 

1. whose bag is it with the nike PC os's and TW wedge?

ย 

ย 

ย 

I didn't see that initially at the course but did when I got home and looked at the pictures. I am still trying to figure it out myself. Good catch! I was wondering if anyone would notice it. ;)

hi all:great pics of the lpga fields open.one thing i noticed lookin through these pics is that with equipment sponsorship money not as high as the pga tour and all the asian players you see many more differant types of equipment than you do on the pga tour.i think it's refreshing to see small and or not so well known equipment being used on the lpga tour.just my 0.02$ worth :crazy: ;)

ย 

hi all:just want to know who has the aserta staff bag and who has the cobra staff bag?finally nice srixon i-302 irons in karrie webbs bag,what does she use for driver and fairway woods?thanks ;) :idhitit:

Outstanding pics! I am more and mroe becoming a fan of the LPGA because, in part, I can better relate to the distances they are hitting their clubs (as can most "average" male golfers, whether they want to admit it or not!). Of course, it doesn't hurt that the LPGA truly has an outstanding crop of players right now.

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
Irons: Titleist 716 CB 4-7; 716 MB 8-P
Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style

Great pics Reid, thanks for all the time and effort. I really like the Honma and Beres proto pics. What strikes me about the LPGA players is so many of them have actual personalities they exhibit. Sometimes it seems to me that the PGA guys are as exciting to be around as eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday. It is entertainment after all.

Best pics ever imo. Reminds me of the time when I used to go to the local LPGA tournament in my area. I really enjoy the LPGA as much as watching the PGA. Lets face facts, there is something going on right now on the LPGA, because of Wie, Pressell, Creamer, Anika, Natalie, ect just to name a fewt hat tour is very very exciting to watch and they all know it. I'm gonna try and attend the Open in RI this year. Thanks for the pic Reid!!

Great photos Pitbull. Excellent job.

ย 

Interesting to see Riko Higashio has what look like LT2's , but have an r5 logo in the back of them. Another TM Japanese release I'm guessing.

ย 

I don't know what Morgan Pressel was thinking with that outfit. Choose one or the other girl, but not both! She looks like she got dressed twice.

ย 

I know alot of you guys like Christie Kerr and Natalie Gulbis, but geez, Paula Creamer looks better every time I see her... ;)

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red