Nike Slingshot Hybrid/Tour

Gxgolfer

NIKE Slingshot Hybrid Woods...Tour Level Workability!

The extremely low and deep center of gravity and premium materials used to make these hybrids translate into increased energy transfer to the ball, a higher launch angle, easier to square clubhead and enhanced stability for high, long and accurate shots.

* NIKE Mens SlingShot Hybrid Woods feature: Hybrids/Lofts: #2: 17° (Replaces #2 Iron/#5 Wood) • #3: 20° (Replaces #3 Iron/#7 Wood) • #4: 23° (Replaces #4 Iron/#9 Wood)

* Graphite shaft available in Senior, Regular and Stiff flex

* Steel shaft available in Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex

* Available in right- and left-hand

models

NIKE Slingshot Tour Hybrid Woods...Tour Level Workability!

The clean lines, shape and minimal offset of the Slingshot Tour Hybrid were a mandate from the NIKE Tour staff. These hybrids have a lower and deeper center of gravity position than traditional long irons to create higher launching, softer landing shots.

* NIKE Mens SlingShot Tour Hybrid Woods feature: Hybrids/Lofts: #1: 15° (Replaces #1 Iron/#4 Wood) • #2: 18° (Replaces #2 Iron/#5 Wood) • #3: 21° (Replaces #3 Iron/#7 Wood) • #4: 24° (Replaces #4 Iron/#9 Wood)

* Graphite and steel shafts available in Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flex

* #1 Hybrid available in right-hand

only

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased a Slingshot Hybrid Tour model #2 18* of Loft with the DGSL300 shaft. Man, I Love this thing!! I can hit it every which way, from high and low to cuts and draws. I can pipe it straight with a nice swing aroung 240 yards. It actually replaced my Ignite T60 5 wood which I love as well. Don't count these out when your looking for a rescue/utility club. Plus the matte black finish is the best head finish I have ever seen. Great club.

I voted #4, I have the 21° and 24° models, they replaced my Cobra Bafflers. I have not had a chance to use them on the course since I live here in the frozen North but at the heated range they work very well. I may wish ti uograde my vote to #5 when my season gets going.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

• 1 month later...

wow, i am impressed with the slingshot tour 18* with dgsl s300. i really like the small compact head. sets up very square and from what i can tell is not biased anyway. the trajectory on this is great, mid and just bores through the wind. excellent off a tee, doesn't pop up on you. this easily knocked my 19* taylormade rescue dual tp out of the bag. very versatile from different lies. very easy to hit from the rough, which i think is very important. haven't had the chance to try a bunker shot with it, but i am sure it will come soon.

for the price you can't beat it. nike has kicked it up a notch with this one. was never a big fan of the cpr line, but this is great. a real nice alternative for those who don't like to use a 5-wood.

only complaints are the grip - but thats more because i am addicted to the golf pride decade multi compound grips - and maybe the shaft. i'm thinking of reshafting with something with a little more weight. i am considering a rifle shaft. not 100% sure yet. want to keep the boring trajectory, but wouldn't mind a little more hieight. i was lucky enough that the two course i've played it on the greens were in excellent shape and balls bite real well, but firmer greens could be a problem.

edit: 05.08.06

follow up on the review. i ended up reshafting with a rifle 6.0 2 iron shaft and its awesome. the trajectory is still boring, although the ball comes down softer. no loss in distance. much easier to hit now that i can control the club better in my swing. another great club made better by a rifle shaft.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 months later...

I've tried several hybrids, I like the feel and looks of my new SS Tour 21*, nice black matte finish. Most hybrids perform the same for me, this one has more of a compact fairway wood look which I like.

TaylorMade Stealth HD 10.5* Driver
Taylor Made Stealth 2 16.5* Wood
Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids 21* & 24*
Callaway Apex 21 Irons P-6 
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 and 60/6 Wedges 
Slighter Seattle Custom Putter

• 3 weeks later...

A quick review of the SS tour. I demoed a #2 from my club for a few weeks and just couldn't miss the fairway off the tee. Dead straight, 230yds every time. The club really performs well out of the rough as well. I'm still working on getting consistent from tight fairway lies, but I certainly can't complain.

I currently have the stock graphite shaft and am thinking about replacing with the DG300 which is what I have in my irons. All in all I gave it a 5. :cheesy:

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered my Slingshot Tour in 21* with the steel shaft to replace my 3 iron. I chose the Tour model because of the smaller head over the regular version. I liked the overall look of the Tour version and it was 21* which was the exact loft of my 3 iron it replaces. It arrived earlier in the week and I had not gotten a chance to practice with it on the range, but that hasn't stopped me from using it on the course!

I used it exactly 3 times this week all with excellent results. The last two shots I used it for today were on two separate dog-legs, where my usual fade/slice off the tee leave me further away from the green to attack it, or a bit short and needing to get over the trees hanging over the corner of the dogleg. I had the choice of 5 wood or the Slingshot. I know my 904F gives me a great boring trajectory and consistency in distance and going straight, but there was no chance I could get it up over the trees with it, which were about 60 yards in front of me, blocking a clear path to the green. These are the shots hybrids were created for....high trajectory yet great carrying distance....so the choice was the Slingshot.

I was about 205 from the green. I can't hit a draw for the life of me so there was no way I could shape it around the tree with an iron like would be preferred by really good golfers. One thing is for sure, a nice smooth swing with the Slingshot really slings it up in the air (forgive the pun) and the ball goes like it was shot out of a cannon. It makes a very satisfying sound off the face and feels plush. The ball rocketed easily over the trees and landed to the back of the green settling just into the fringe. It was an amazing shot for my skill level (16 HC). I estimated the yardage of the shot to be about 210-215 (no way my 3 iron can do that or go that far which is why I needed a hybrid to get back to 14 usable clubs.) I love this club to say the least, and if I got home earlier after my round was finished I would have gone to my pro shop to order up another Slingshot to replace my 4 iron.

• 2 months later...

well, this isn't for the hybrid. it is actually for the slingshot 2 iron. I recently bought a 2 iron with a rifle 6.0 installed in it and i have to say it bombs. i hit it just as far if not farther than my 3 wood and sometimes will get it out there with my driver. Not so hot off the ground, although that may be user error. If you aren't into the look of hyribs, i would try the 2 iron. It is better than anything i have ever used off of the tee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up the 21* tour last night and got to hit it around a little today, so far I like it a lot. I was able to easily hit some draws and fades without too much effort and straight shots were just as easy. There was also a little bit of a cross-wind today and holding the ball against the wind was no problem either. One thing I did do after hitting it though was to go down and replace the grip with a tour velvet cord and that makes a lot of difference, the stock grip was a little slick on my bare hand. The one thing I was afraid of with this club was that the groove on the bottom of the club would grab a bunch of mud from taking divots and it did, but it did clean very easily. Overall I give it a 5/5, good size, very workable and very straight, trajectory is easy to control, and distance is about a 10 yard improvement over my 3-iron. Too bad it's winter here, I'll add an update when I get to use it in round play.

Update: Had a warm day here today and got to play 9. I was really impressed with the club, it goes straight and very high. Club also gets through the rough very well. Definitely picks up the slack where my 3-iron was lacking.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

A friend traded them to me for some spare clubs when he could not hit them (tour version). I got the 2 & 3 hybrids, got rid of my 5 wood and the 4 iron from the bag. Its nice to know that my longest iron is a 5 (170 yrds) and i have my distance gaps from 180 to 200 yards covered by the hybrids (3 wood at 220yrds). From the fairway they hit high, long carry and soft landing. The hybrids are also my fairway bunker, punch-out from under trees, heavy rough and all-around rescue club. So easy to use and very straight. :partytime2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i have the 3 & 4 tour hybrids with stock graphite design tour ad shafts regular flex. been hooking it too often lately, much more that my 5 iron or 4 wood. should i consider a change? any suggestions?

Check your set-up. I hit my hybrids like an iron, more upright and i hit down taking a divot after the ball. When i sweep the hybrid (like a fairway wood swing), there is a tendency for me to hook the ball.

See if this works for you. :drinks:

• 5 months later...

I got a #2 slingshot hybrid for cheap and I like it a lot. It is my first hybrid so I cannot compare it to any others. Its easy for me to hit off the ground and I hit it really well teed up a little off the ground. I hit it almost as far as my driver and hit my hybrid with more accuracy so I am using it a lot right now. I might try to pick up a 3 hybrid soon if I can find one cheap.

edit: I believe I have the steel stiff flex option

The Grint: AML525

• 5 years later...