Pure745's WITB

When are we going to get some new full-bag photos by the pool?

Gotta get media clearance from my media guy Beastmode Broker :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: My bag is basically the same as it's been.

2018 bag though, who knows.

917's with the 718's and SM7's seems like a safe choice. If boredom sets in, it could be anything. :butcher:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Thanks guys!

My insider tour info on the M3/M4 is that ball speeds should be similar but misses are better, especially on the toe. One tour player gained a crazy amount of ball speed, but I have my doubts about that #. All in all, to me from the feedback it seems very similar to the other drivers they have put out.

That, to me, is where the M2 shines. It's like the GLS without the terrible sound/feel.

#917troops :tongue: :tomato:

I'm so close to scooping up some 917's for another go around with them.

Definitely not the sexiest choice, especially on WRX.. but I'd rate them in terms of distance 8/10 and playability would be 10/10. Where I'd rate the Epic 11/10 and 7/10 :)

See for me Titleist IS the sexiest choice.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

When are we going to get some new full-bag photos by the pool? ��

Gotta get media clearance from my media guy Beastmode Broker :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: My bag is basically the same as it's been.

2018 bag though, who knows.

917's with the 718's and SM7's seems like a safe choice. If boredom sets in, it could be anything. :butcher:

pool side pics approved - commence awesomeness

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Thanks guys!

My insider tour info on the M3/M4 is that ball speeds should be similar but misses are better, especially on the toe. One tour player gained a crazy amount of ball speed, but I have my doubts about that #. All in all, to me from the feedback it seems very similar to the other drivers they have put out.

That, to me, is where the M2 shines. It's like the GLS without the terrible sound/feel.

I could play a straight Titleist bag without thinking twice, so I have no issues there.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Gotta get media clearance from my media guy Beastmode Broker :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: My bag is basically the same as it's been. 2018 bag though, who knows. 917's with the 718's and SM7's seems like a safe choice. If boredom sets in, it could be anything. :butcher:

Nice application of the executioner emoji! I'm right there with ya'!

This boredom you speak of can truly manifest itself in parts of the world where a true "silly" season exists. Golfers blessed to be located in sunnier and warmer climates (aka "Southern CA") are generally more immune to advanced strains of seasonal silliness. :dntknw:

If we had a "silly season" out here, I'd go crazy :) Well, I had my version of that earlier this year when I had surgery and it really sucked! I bought a ton of Scotty stuff and putters, so I know what you mean.

I was talking to J the other day about this - basically the guys out here, myself sometimes included, since there's no offseason the ho-cycling process is faster because I'll be in and out of testing and gaming stuff one stage quicker because we have no offseason (if that makes sense, lol!). This year, I'm not sure what I'm going to do - part of me is bored with my current bag, but nothing really super exciting from any OEM right now for me. Looking like the 718's will be hard to beat based off what I want in a combo set and what I currently play.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Gotta get media clearance from my media guy Beastmode Broker :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: My bag is basically the same as it's been. 2018 bag though, who knows. 917's with the 718's and SM7's seems like a safe choice. If boredom sets in, it could be anything. :butcher:

Nice application of the executioner emoji! I'm right there with ya'!

This boredom you speak of can truly manifest itself in parts of the world where a true "silly" season exists. Golfers blessed to be located in sunnier and warmer climates (aka "Southern CA") are generally more immune to advanced strains of seasonal silliness. :dntknw:

If we had a "silly season" out here, I'd go crazy :) Well, I had my version of that earlier this year when I had surgery and it really sucked! I bought a ton of Scotty stuff and putters, so I know what you mean.

I was talking to J the other day about this - basically the guys out here, myself sometimes included, since there's no offseason the ho-cycling process is faster because I'll be in and out of testing and gaming stuff one stage quicker because we have no offseason (if that makes sense, lol!). This year, I'm not sure what I'm going to do - part of me is bored with my current bag, but nothing really super exciting from any OEM right now for me. Looking like the 718's will be hard to beat based off what I want in a combo set and what I currently play.

I forgot to mention on the phone that during the "offseason" I've bought and sold clubs without even trying them. The struggle is real :no2:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Thanks guys!

I'm so close to scooping up some 917's for another go around with them.

Definitely not the sexiest choice, especially on WRX.. but I'd rate them in terms of distance 8/10 and playability would be 10/10. Where I'd rate the Epic 11/10 and 7/10 :)

I have to say that I have gone back to Titleist 917 and the fairway is very sexy to play from!!

I don’t get that random 15 yards extra like with the M1 but it is oh so consistent and I don’t find the 917’s short by any stretch.

Corba Aerojet LS 9 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 60X 
Taylormade Stealth Plus 15 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 70X

Taylormade Stealth2  3 Rescue 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X Velocore
Titleist T200 4 DGTI X100
T100S 5-PW DGTI X100
SM9 50F DGTI, SM9 54D DGTI, SM7 60D DGTI

EVNROLL EV5.1B - Mid Slant Hosel 34 

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select GoLo 34

L.A.B. DF3 Dodger Blue 35/70 Heavy (On its way!!)

Latest and greatest.. or something :) Pretty sure I'm starting 2018 around the same way I started the past two years.

917D3 9.5 - Atmos Black 7tx

917F3 15 - Atmos Black 8tx

3i - 716 T-MB - Fuji Pro95 TS-x

4-6i - 716 CB - Fuji Pro95 TS-x

7-9i 716 MB - Fuji Pro95 TS-x

Vokey 46F, 50F, 55V, 60V - Fuji MCi Mild 125 x

Scotty 009M

Scotty%20Putters%20-%2006.jpg

Scotty%20Putters%20-%2013.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-03%20at%201.15.05%20PM.png

2017 was by far the least amount of golf I've played in probably the past 6 years by a good amount. Hand surgery among other things have been a real b$%&* to overcome this year, but golf is finally getting fun again. I'll attribute it to a recent lesson and swapping in the 917's. They are just so much more playable than the high speed drivers we all tend to gravitate towards, chasing that extra 10-20 yards. I also can't say the 917 is short, it's just lacks the really long ball the Epic and M1/2 have. I think the Epic was the longest driver I've ever owned, but once I stopped playing so much I really sucked with it.

For 2018 I've got my eye on replacing my 716's with 718's or maybe something else, but probably sticking with Titleist. SM7's are interesting and will try them, the 54 and 60V grind have been so good, so I doubt those will be going anywhere. Putter will be some sort of Scotty. I do have my eyes on the M3 after hearing some feedback from a friend testing it already in Hawaii and the twist face is actually something new that would make me want to try it, different enough from the previous years. Not really interested in the Callaway driver yet, but I've gone down that rabbit hole and I'm not too sure about Callaway for me.

As far as the graphite shafts.. they are staying. I really like them. The shock absorption has really helped and has been noticeable when I try to hit other steel shafted clubs. I've been able to hit all the shots I'm used to hitting and even in the wind I can generally control them well. If anything, they tend to help me on fat or thin shots. Fractionally fat shots tend to get to the yardage I want rather than falling out of the sky, I've found that "graphite aided" shots have been enjoyable :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Did you do a write up on the iron shafts in another post or somewhere in this thread?

knew it, thanks bud

Hi Tai, glad to hear that you're enjoying the game again and sounds like you're playing some good stuff. Loving the new additions to the bag and the collection over the last few month and even better to see another pool photo shoot ;)

I have a quick questions regarding your wedge setup, I understand you have 50, 55 (54 bent to 55?) and 60? Was just wondering what made you go with 54 bent rather than 56? I'm looking to moving towards that's exact setup that's all so was curious as to whether or not anything particular swayed you toward it?

Also, I'm looking for my 60 to be the most versatile grind possible for short chips/pitches around the green, any recommendations on that?

Cheers

Chris

Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Kai'li 80X
GAPR Lo 2 iron - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Taylormade P760, 4 - PW - Project XLZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 50F, 55M, 60D - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport Beach 1.5 

[b][u][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/965589-chriswrightstuff-first-ever-witb/page__p__8603789#entry8603789"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/u][/b][/font]

Instagram - Cwrightstuff

Hi Tai, glad to hear that you're enjoying the game again and sounds like you're playing some good stuff. Loving the new additions to the bag and the collection over the last few month and even better to see another pool photo shoot ;)

I have a quick questions regarding your wedge setup, I understand you have 50, 55 (54 bent to 55?) and 60? Was just wondering what made you go with 54 bent rather than 56? I'm looking to moving towards that's exact setup that's all so was curious as to whether or not anything particular swayed you toward it?

Also, I'm looking for my 60 to be the most versatile grind possible for short chips/pitches around the green, any recommendations on that?

Cheers

Chris

Thanks! Went with the 54 bent to 55 to get a little extra bounce for full shots from the fairway and better out of soft sand. The 56 bent strong would dig more and better for a sweeper. 60 degree wedge is so personal, the V grind is great for me but the SM6 L grind was close, and the M grind would also be playable based on my fitting at TPI. It really just depends on your game and what you like/don't like and the conditions you play in. 60 is always tough to make a broad recommendation on.

BTW. what bag is that in your sig? Any more pics?

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Cheers

Chris

Thanks! Went with the 54 bent to 55 to get a little extra bounce for full shots from the fairway and better out of soft sand. The 56 bent strong would dig more and better for a sweeper. 60 degree wedge is so personal, the V grind is great for me but the SM6 L grind was close, and the M grind would also be playable based on my fitting at TPI. It really just depends on your game and what you like/don't like and the conditions you play in. 60 is always tough to make a broad recommendation on.

Thanks for the wedge feedback, I'm a fairly steep player so have mostly played with high bounce options but this can give me a hard time around the greens, especially in the summer when the turf really firms up, will look into the V and L.

The bag's a Stadry 4UP in grey/sky blue, most of the other ones I've seen are a darker shade of grey and have a white trim but my pro managed to grab me the lighter one with black trim, I'll take a few snaps of it tomorrow. I really like the 4UP but at times wish it had one more divider in there!

Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Kai'li 80X
GAPR Lo 2 iron - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Taylormade P760, 4 - PW - Project XLZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 50F, 55M, 60D - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport Beach 1.5 

[b][u][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/965589-chriswrightstuff-first-ever-witb/page__p__8603789#entry8603789"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/u][/b][/font]

Instagram - Cwrightstuff

Pretty sure the bag was a UK colour option in 2016 and you guys got the Navy/Mid Blue version...it’s certainly got the Tiffany vibe

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the wedge feedback, I'm a fairly steep player so have mostly played with high bounce options but this can give me a hard time around the greens, especially in the summer when the turf really firms up, will look into the V and L.

The bag's a Stadry 4UP in grey/sky blue, most of the other ones I've seen are a darker shade of grey and have a white trim but my pro managed to grab me the lighter one with black trim, I'll take a few snaps of it tomorrow. I really like the 4UP but at times wish it had one more divider in there!

The steeper you are, I would recommend the V or high bounce M over the L.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

First round of 2018 was at Torrey Pines South with 3 other WRX'ers.. we had a great time. The course is immaculate and this is probably one of the very few times I would say the course is actually worth the $245 green fees. The few weeks in January leading up to the Farmers and the few weeks after is probably the only time the course is REALLY hard. I mean, probably too hard for 95% of the golfing population. It really puts into perspective how insanely good tour players really are. I have played Torrey in the summer or the months prior to when they start prepping it for the Farmers and it's night and day. When the rough is down and greens are slower the course is much more accommodating for the average golfer.. rounds around even par can feel ho-hum, in these conditions it's really crazy to see how really difficult it becomes - definitely a great test of golf.

I was hitting my driver really well, I think I only missed 3 fairways, but the ones that missed, even if off by a foot, you could barely find your ball. If you did, you had almost no chance of hitting a shot that would hold the greens which are also firming up and speeding up. The rough was really long, but it will get even longer by the time the Farmers rolls around. The greens when they get fast and add to that the ocean break, are really confusing and tough to make putts one. Such was the case with me, hit the ball great, got nothing out of my round. Bogeys were from either missing the fairway and having to chop it out of the rough on the second shot, or missing a green and having no chance at getting it up and down from basically being at the bottom of 6-8" rough :)

Anyways, some pics! The collective club ho'ing between this group was unmatched in true WRX fashion :)

If you can get out to Torrey - definitely play the South right now, it's incredible!

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

How did the hand hold up in the rough?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

245, I thought that the local Ca. residents paid a lower price, or is that for people that live in the County.

No, SD residents only.

It was good. The graphite shafts have been really helpful. I think I'm fully healed at this point, maybe just some mobility or range of motion limitations but nothing I notice and it doesn't hurt anymore. Thanks for checking in!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

looks awesome man

honestly $245 aint bad at all

I paid about that to play Stadium Course in AZ a week after the WMPO was on...and it is nothing compared to Torrey

looks awesome man

I paid about that to play Stadium Course in AZ a week after the WMPO was on...and it is nothing compared to Torrey

It's a lot for me to pay on top of my CC membership. I just need the resident card :rolleyes:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

245, I thought that the local Ca. residents paid a lower price, or is that for people that live in the County.

No, SD residents only.

It was good. The graphite shafts have been really helpful. I think I'm fully healed at this point, maybe just some mobility or range of motion limitations but nothing I notice and it doesn't hurt anymore. Thanks for checking in!

Great to hear your wrist is doing well !

I had a wrist injury almost 10 year ago now while playing hockey. Super low speed accidental impact but hit just the right ( wrong ) way to break bone. It took years to get back to 100%, but its awesome to hear you've had a great recovery.

Any plans to go back to steel?

looks awesome man

It's a lot for me to pay on top of my CC membership. I just need the resident card :rolleyes:

Well, you just need to buy a "Winter getaway house" down here to get that resident card. :-)

It looks like you got a really nice sunny day to play. I played the South course this morning at 7 am and it was overcast and damp all day. I agree with you on the conditions right now, tough! When I watch those Pros hit some of the same shots I've had to attempt, I just shake my head in amazement! Can't wait for the Farmers to start! :-)