Pure745's WITB

Great to hear your wrist is doing well !

I had a wrist injury almost 10 year ago now while playing hockey. Super low speed accidental impact but hit just the right ( wrong ) way to break bone. It took years to get back to 100%, but its awesome to hear you've had a great recovery.

Any plans to go back to steel?

No plans on going back to steel. If I do, I'm not sure I'll go back to the 130g variety. The shock absorption is a real thing and there are other benefits I've beens seeing in performance that have outweighed any negatives. I haven't got any of the bad side effects usually associated with graphite shafts - the ball that goes really far and high, or being unplayable in the wind. I also haven't been fit for irons since TPI, so I can only comment on what they have been doing on the course.

Well, you just need to buy a "Winter getaway house" down here to get that resident card. :-)

It looks like you got a really nice sunny day to play. I played the South course this morning at 7 am and it was overcast and damp all day. I agree with you on the conditions right now, tough! When I watch those Pros hit some of the same shots I've had to attempt, I just shake my head in amazement! Can't wait for the Farmers to start! :-)

I might have a residents card lined up :) Torrey for $60 here we come! :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I had a wrist injury almost 10 year ago now while playing hockey. Super low speed accidental impact but hit just the right ( wrong ) way to break bone. It took years to get back to 100%, but its awesome to hear you've had a great recovery.

No plans on going back to steel. If I do, I'm not sure I'll go back to the 130g variety. The shock absorption is a real thing and there are other benefits I've beens seeing in performance that have outweighed any negatives. I haven't got any of the bad side effects usually associated with graphite shafts - the ball that goes really far and high, or being unplayable in the wind. I also haven't been fit for irons since TPI, so I can only comment on what they have been doing on the course.

Well, you just need to buy a "Winter getaway house" down here to get that resident card. :-)

It looks like you got a really nice sunny day to play. I played the South course this morning at 7 am and it was overcast and damp all day. I agree with you on the conditions right now, tough! When I watch those Pros hit some of the same shots I've had to attempt, I just shake my head in amazement! Can't wait for the Farmers to start! :-)

I thought Torrey was pretty darn tough last year when we played it on the Callaway / Golfwrx trip! The rough was no joke. I thought I played pretty decent at like 78 or something and Qmany lapped us with a 69.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I thought Torrey was pretty darn tough last year when we played it on the Callaway / Golfwrx trip! The rough was no joke. I thought I played pretty decent at like 78 or something and Qmany lapped us with a 69.

Ya Q was on fire in tough conditions, although i think it was a 70 due to a par on the last... and even more impressive with clubs he had never swung before. Just shows the gap from good golfers (myself being mid single digits) to guys that can really play.

Didn't you guys play from the Green tees? Move back 400 yards to the Taupe tees and see how much harder it is! :-)

P.S. Tai, it's $63 :taunt:

Didn't you guys play from the Green tees? Move back 400 yards to the Taupe tees and see how much harder it is! :-)

LOL! Green tees with rough not up.. lot different course. I digress.

We hosted the Scotty Cameron tournament (I'm sure Todd told you about it), and for some reason I was holding firm on us playing the blue for the tourney thinking I would be short changing guests flying in from out of town by moving the tees way up to the greens. Todd said they cut the rough.. forgot that he plays it every day and to him it was short but for me it was insanely long. Scotty was my partner in the 4 ball.. we were struggling out of the rough in March! I think I shot 79 and felt like I got my Word not allowed kicked. The time prior was when it was 80ish out with no humidity or wind and the rough was down and I shot even from the blues feeling like I left a lot out there. Can't wait to get my residence card, hahah!

ALOHA%20-%2033.jpg

Scotty hits the ball pretty good a solid 2-3ish probably lower when he's on:

scotty.jpg

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Nice pics! Good to see you back at it and enjoying the game. I'm going graphite too...just needs to happen for good this time if I want to keep playing this game into my elder years.

I played Torrey South last year about 2.5 weeks before the tournament. The rough was so hideous that I literally lost a ball in plain sight like it was an Easter egg hunt. When you get in that stuff, it's either an air-mail or a 20 yard hack out. A par feels like a birdie after you get in Torrey tourney-ready rough!

Oh, and the paragliders were out over the ocean cliff right at the level of the fairway too. Amazing atmosphere and experience! I'll be back!!! :)

Sounds like you played it at the exact timeframe we just played it in, before it shuts down.. It's also terrible after the event. I'm really curious as to how Tiger is going to do coming back to Torrey and Riv. Riv's rough is just as bad, maybe worse than Torrey because Riv's greens tend to be faster and it's tree lined. Actually, they are both really bad in or around tourney conditions. Will be a great test for Tiger to see where his game is at. Let me know next time you're down, can arrange another WRX outing. :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Nice pics! Good to see you back at it and enjoying the game. I'm going graphite too...just needs to happen for good this time if I want to keep playing this game into my elder years.

I played Torrey South last year about 2.5 weeks before the tournament. The rough was so hideous that I literally lost a ball in plain sight like it was an Easter egg hunt. When you get in that stuff, it's either an air-mail or a 20 yard hack out. A par feels like a birdie after you get in Torrey tourney-ready rough!

Oh, and the paragliders were out over the ocean cliff right at the level of the fairway too. Amazing atmosphere and experience! I'll be back!!! :)

Sounds like you played it at the exact timeframe we just played it in, before it shuts down.. It's also terrible after the event. I'm really curious as to how Tiger is going to do coming back to Torrey and Riv. Riv's rough is just as bad, maybe worse than Torrey because Riv's greens tend to be faster and it's tree lined. Actually, they are both really bad in or around tourney conditions. Will be a great test for Tiger to see where his game is at. Let me know next time you're down, can arrange another WRX outing. :drinks:

I'm not sure about tiger starting the year there. Just doesn't make sense to me in terms of injury prevention.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

It didn’t play long but the rough was definitely up. There were quite a few areas where we couldn’t even find our balls a couple yards off the fairway.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

The video Tai sent me, two tee boxes up from the tips, appeared to show them also playing the same Green tees. I might have been seeing things though.

It didn't play long but the rough was definitely up. There were quite a few areas where we couldn't even find our balls a couple yards off the fairway.

I remember the rough being pretty healthy, which is why I took a few pics.

f4adff57cccae4000636e64bfde78497.jpg

a7a6e097f78b0cf5c53d055748e3c78b.jpg

6-8" seems like quite the challenge.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

The video Tai sent me, two tee boxes up from the tips, appeared to show them also playing the same Green tees. I might have been seeing things though.

It didn't play long but the rough was definitely up. There were quite a few areas where we couldn't even find our balls a couple yards off the fairway.

@Q/CallaWRX guys.. please just stop. This is my WITB thread, your trip thread is located elsewhere. The Torrey rough d*ck measuring contest is not really that important. :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

@Q/CallaWRX guys.. please just stop. This is my WITB thread, your trip thread is located elsewhere. The Torrey rough d*ck measuring contest is not really that important. :)

I wasn’t trying to make it a contest. I was simply agreeing with you that in my limited experience that Torrey is no joke when the rough is up. I’m sure when you add playing the back tees that it’s a totally different animal yet again.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Darn you GolfWRX TM trip.. M3/M4 sound interesting. There's a TMPL near me, going to try them against my 917D3. Really interested to compare the numbers, they actually use the TP5/x and it's outdoor so I should get a pretty good idea on what's what. The 917 love fest is very strong, however :tongue:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

The way you hit the 917 at Torrey, don’t mess until it goes cold. You were money. That being said I’m def picking up a M3/M4 haha. The WRX thread is not helping.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

The way you hit the 917 at Torrey, don't mess until it goes cold. You were money. That being said I'm def picking up a M3/M4 haha. The WRX thread is not helping.

You do have a good point.. you and KPH will both have tried both versions of this before I can get detached from the 917 and I'll be able to buy one of your guys' setups.. great thinking! :cheesy: :tongue:

Seriously, the fact that the tech is around more forgiveness and playability rather than chasing ball speed is really what's got me interested.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Tai, my prediction says once a M3/M4 is demoed you will have the 917 sitting in a extra bag collecting dust! What else can I do to get your true WRX hoe’ing going?

I mean I did well yesterday. J13 and myself were out playing and I was doing my best to get him in a different putter and then he hit a couple bombs with the Pro Orange! Have to promote new products to him since he always has me hoe’ing !

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Tai, my prediction says once a M3/M4 is demoed you will have the 917 sitting in a extra bag collecting dust! What else can I do to get your true WRX hoe'ing going?

I mean I did well yesterday. J13 and myself were out playing and I was doing my best to get him in a different putter and then he hit a couple bombs with the Pro Orange! Have to promote new products to him since he always has me hoe'ing !

Haha, yeah he texted me that he loved your V3 Orange. JJ loves that shaft too - but I was never a big fan of the Tensei's, they just loaded weird for me. M3/4 is definitely getting demo's we have our team play starting so I might keep the 917 till that ends in a few months if the 917 keeps behaving. Been really happy with the Atmos - but always open to try new shafts, just nothing that really sticks out as a must try (yet) :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Always interesting to tune in and see what you have gotten this time---- keep up the good hoeing work!!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

917 F3 out, F2 in.. much easier to hit, more confidence inspiring from address. Going to flip the pod to fade and it should be dialed. Damn you Titleist!

Hit a few today and played 6 holes with a buddy just messing around.. shocked how good home course is right now. Usually it's dormant and weird, but this weather has been crazy - and nice.. not complaining :)

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

F2 has a much better look to me especially for a tee club. I find as i get older i'm moving away from wanting the tiny headed 3 woods in favor of something that offers a little more forgiveness. Nothing worse then hitting the driver poorly and relying on a 3 wood that isn't much bigger then the golf ball itself.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Cant wait to see your thoughts on the M3/M4.... Cause lets face it your inner hoe doesn't care how good your playing the Titleist stuff you'll have them soon trying them out LOL. But really look forward to your thoughts. I am currently fitted for the Ping G400 and loving it but the Twistface has me wanting to definitely try them.

F2 has a much better look to me especially for a tee club. I find as i get older i'm moving away from wanting the tiny headed 3 woods in favor of something that offers a little more forgiveness. Nothing worse then hitting the driver poorly and relying on a 3 wood that isn't much bigger then the golf ball itself.

Pretty much.. good way to put it, lol! Love the shape of the F3, but you're right. The new Epic Rogue SZ actually reminds me of the F3, or I should say is more towards that shape than it was in the previous head (which had a terrible left miss for me).

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Torrey Residents Card... try with just an address change online ;)

Man that course looks Coto?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

First competitive round of 2018 - very interesting, overall good score but some work needed.

SCGA Team Play is basically overly competitive net golf or I like to compare it to extremely competitive adult league soft ball :) Anyone that participates and probably relate even if they won't admit it. Nonetheless, the competition level is extremely high - and since it's a club team format, it's even more intense. To add to that, I was playing a match against a buddy from my former club who's a really competitive AM and plays a LOT (200+ rounds/year vs. my 50 last year) and all the other guys breaking my balls for being a traitor and joining a rival club.. good times :) But it was actually really fun, I do like that type of competition and banter with guys I've known for a while and have played with or against in various tournaments.

I ended up shooting 71 in a match that was halved, lots of grinding, pretty exhausting actually. The 917's were money, my driver was very solid and straight aside from one errant drive. I put myself in great position on really tough driving par 5's and just made a mess of the second shots and couldn't birdie either one. I can definitely say it was nerves and a little discomfort with switching winds, both misses were short right, which is a nervy bail out swing for me. Putter was decent, made some clutch putts but nothing crazy, and not my usual amount of birdies. Chipping was rusty as lies were extremely tight vs. my home course which has some cushion right now. Iron play was 6/10 but overall could have gone in the 60's aside from a few really stupid plays/tentative swings.

It was fun getting out there and grinding a bit.. then having to rush off the course to pick up my son from daycare put every good/bad shot into perspective and literally forgetting about the battles on the course and all the banter the minute I see my son (15 months) walking to greet me at the door.

#dadgolf :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

#dadgolf is where its at

love the beer league softball comparison of your league as well

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Dang walking already? I can’t believe 15 months went by. So you strictly Coto?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Dang walking already? I can’t believe 15 months went by. So you strictly Coto?

Still both, Coto is primary.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Just got caught up on your thread. So sorry to hear about your dad passing away.

The age your kid is at is an amazing time. So much personality starts to show and they begin to learn so quick. I miss those days (my boy turns 8 in a few weeks...it flies by, trust me). Enjoy them...he’ll be back-talking soon. Lol.

Good luck on the course this year.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]