Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Whoa.

What did I miss?! (cool)

Whoa he's alive.... Well anything new (cool) :D ?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Been a while away from GolfWRX and golf in general :)

I don't think I've been this disinterested in golf equipment and golfing in a really long time. Seems like all the "cool" new stuff on social media, I already have or have something cooler and now it's trendy or has become trendy again. Have watched "new" OEM products be re-re-re-released and it really seems like the same stuff just newer and more hyped up with major diminishing returns.

Golf itself has become stale to me too - also crazy in hindsight the stuff I really cared about now I just don't have time for. I love the game but some of the factors that come with it have made golf very boring, I'm not sure how else to explain it. At the peak, I'd find myself on about the 12th hole wishing my rounds would be over and thinking that golf just took too long :) Admittedly, first world problems, but with everything else in life going on - I just didn't/don't have time to do enjoy the game the way I used to not long ago.

Part of the enjoyment for me, even when I couldn't play, was tinkering with clubs. That's how I found WRX, that's how and why I got wrapped up in doing "Shootouts" and reviewing clubs, because I genuinely cared (A LOT) about putting out "good" information that was based on facts and experiences and not BS. Now that I feel like the shoe is on the other foot (recently with cars), I look for someone crazier and more OCD than I am to do the testing for me and tell me what to buy :)

I've just recently started to get back into the game and now I want an entire new bag :) I've thought about resurrecting my 1-off Don Whites and maybe throwing in some more user friendly long irons and having Patrick make me some new wedges. I also thought about TM GAPR and Mizzy irons. I have become the guy saying that an all Titleist bag is just "good enough", mainly because it is. It's plenty good enough, and I've been fit by TPI so I know my "baseline" with Titleist. The downside of that is it's boring.. same stuff.. slightly different look, feels decent, T-MB is terrible, SM7 shape is weird.. things that normally didn't bug me have started to.. I actually started caring again (sort of). :fool: BUT, the same things I am critical about Titleist for, other OEM's are guilty of the same thing. How different really is the M3/4 than the previous versions.. not much? If someone can convince me otherwise, I'm all ears.

Anyways, hope you all are doing well, all is well over here.. just about as far removed from golf as I have been. Index is up to 2.4 when I golf it's in the tournaments I would scoff at, the tourneys I used to love to play in I now pass on, and more and more I'm just in the garage tinkering with my 2 y/o helping me "fix" things :)

So now..

I want an entire new bag.. right now it's the same as ever. I still think the 917D3 is one of the best drivers I've owned. 2nd would be the SLDR/Rogue125. I want something more weighted to how playable and straight it is (thinking new TS line.. or??).

Driving iron (3i) - GAPR? Mizzy?

Irons.. thinking Mizzy

Wedges.. keep SM7, Mizzy, DW's?

Putter.. staying with 009

Feel free to toss out some ideas.. I've been far removed from the equipment game for a while :) :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I wouldn't mess with the GAPR, I thought it was one of the worst feeling clubs I have ever hit. I just picked up the new Srixon Hybrid and its the first Hybrid thats been able to beat out my Cally Alpha 815, which I think is one of the best hybrids ever made. Srixon sets up great for me and looks really clean. Will

Same for my life but you know this already. Life, work, kids, ect... just take up more time so when golf comes around it should be fun and relaxing not doing freezers at the range for 4hrs ;)

Srixon - best driving iron and #1 on tour for a reason and it can be hotmelted to spec ;) TM's 790 also very very good.

Irons - Testing srixons now but i'm a LONG time mizzy iron guy and they are calling my name this year with the mp18's or 919's.

Woods - Wait until the pga show to see what comes out, no point right now.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Probably would get a little better performance/forgiveness out of the new TS3.

GAPR was pretty nice, but the udi’s still look better to me.

Can’t go wrong with Mizuno irons.

Wedges are pretty personal, probably could use anything as long as it has grind similar to v grind.

Only thing in there that I wouldn’t be crazy over is the GAPR, and that’s just because I don’t prefer the look that much. Performance was great, though. The new Fli-Hi’s are pretty nice also.

Edit: Just saw a couple of replies while I was typing. Agree the U45 and U65 were very nice from Srixon. Not sure about the new U85 as I have not seen that one in person yet.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Same for my life but you know this already. Life, work, kids, ect... just take up more time so when golf comes around it should be fun and relaxing not doing freezers at the range for 4hrs ;)

Srixon - best driving iron and #1 on tour for a reason and it can be hotmelted to spec ;) TM's 790 also very very good.

Irons - Testing srixons now but i'm a LONG time mizzy iron guy and they are calling my name this year with the mp18's or 919's.

Couldn't agree with the bold part more (no idea about the first part). Srixon 785 for a little more forgivness, Mizuno JPX 919 Tour for more blade-like profile. P790 UDI is great, srixons are a little more forgiving in the driving iron. The Mizuno driving iron is very unfortunate looking, I'm sure it performs though. Stick with the 917 for now and try out the new stuff when it comes out. I've got a D3 with the Diamana LTD 70 that I put in the bag when I'm swinging like an a-hole, thing just works.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

Couldn't agree with the bold part more (no idea about the first part). Srixon 785 for a little more forgivness, Mizuno JPX 919 Tour for more blade-like profile. P790 UDI is great, srixons are a little more forgiving in the driving iron. The Mizuno driving iron is very unfortunate looking, I'm sure it performs though. Stick with the 917 for now and try out the new stuff when it comes out. I've got a D3 with the Diamana LTD 70 that I put in the bag when I'm swinging like an a-hole, thing just works.

I agree.. 917 is just stupid forgiving. Only thing on my wish list would be slightly more run, I pretty much launch it super high and it just stays where it lands. Only time it rolls out a decent amount is when I hit a slight toe draw. Normally it's good, but in the summer months, guys I'm usually way past are past me :)

Driving iron is a complete mystery for me.. the T-MB has just really sucked.. for whatever reason I just cant hit it well.

Thinking JPX919 Tours for the irons.. but no idea on wedges.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

I'd throw the Srixon z785 out there for a driver shootout. ?

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

It had been so long my subscription had expired for this thread.

Still been loving your instagram posts, your son is wicked!

try the 919 Tours, we have liked very similar stuff through the years and dam these are soft, stupid forgiving and look good! two full rounds in and I am still guessing yardages as its been cold and stupid windy here in Scotland but having fun with them!

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Another vote for 919 Tours. Excellent irons.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I agree.. 917 is just stupid forgiving. Only thing on my wish list would be slightly more run, I pretty much launch it super high and it just stays where it lands. Only time it rolls out a decent amount is when I hit a slight toe draw. Normally it's good, but in the summer months, guys I'm usually way past are past me :)

Driving iron is a complete mystery for me.. the T-MB has just really sucked.. for whatever reason I just cant hit it well.

Thinking JPX919 Tours for the irons.. but no idea on wedges.

Couldn't agree more on the T-MB. I've never gotten along with any T-MB models, but I loved the original 712u.

I would definitely recommend the JPX 919 tours, just amazing so far. I've only had them in the bag about two weeks, but they are an improvement over the last gen. in every way and I loved the 900Ts.

I tried all of the latest gen TM models M3 440, M3 460, M4 and something just wasn't right. Decided to go back to Titleist after a 3-4 season hiatus and have a TS3 on the way.

I had a similar experience for a while after my son was born, glad you're enjoying golf again.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I have to think at this point that you need to go with a set of National Custom Works Don White grinds. You've been through it with Scratch and you've pretty much tried about every premium brand there is. You know what you like and more importantly, what you don't.

Go with a progressive cavity to blade that would allow you to have some forgiveness up top, but still give you precision in the short game. Get a set of wedges ground for your needs. Get them finished exactly how you want, and then leave them be.

Play with the top end of your bag, that's where the fun is. But the irons, wedges, and putter should be almost always set.

BTW, digging the IG shots of the Porsche!

TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero / Fujikura Ventus Black 7 X

TA Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond-T 14° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X 

Callaway UW 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X

Titleist TSi3 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 TX

Callaway X Forged UT '21 25°/ Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x 

Srixon Z785 6-PW / Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x

50F Vokey SM8 Jet Black / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

54K Vokey Tour Design Raw / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

58K Vokey SM8 Jet Black / BGT ZNE 130

Piretti Potenza Cu plated 360g / BGT Stability Shaft  

its funny you feel that way, I get into runs were I really obsess with certain things. At one point its golf. I can't get enough and this past year I had my son and I have played 2 rounds. I try and convince myself to come on here and browse and look around but yes its boring at times.

I started getting heavy into cigars, buying boxes, singles, filling a massive humidor. And now well as much as I like to go out back with a nice fire and relax its not what it used to be. Japanese whiskey is now on my radar. And while I still smoke cigars, collect whiskey I am trying to get back to the game I love. But I am in your shoes. I just told my wife i want to do a full bag fitting for the upcoming season. And I want to love the Ts2/ts3 line but we will see

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

try the 919 Tours, we have liked very similar stuff through the years and dam these are soft, stupid forgiving and look good! two full rounds in and I am still guessing yardages as its been cold and stupid windy here in Scotland but having fun with them!

Funny you say that, I'm not even subscribed anymore :cheesy: What driving iron and wedges are you playing? Also what shafts, are the PX LZ free upcharge?

I have to think at this point that you need to go with a set of National Custom Works Don White grinds. You've been through it with Scratch and you've pretty much tried about every premium brand there is. You know what you like and more importantly, what you don't.

Go with a progressive cavity to blade that would allow you to have some forgiveness up top, but still give you precision in the short game. Get a set of wedges ground for your needs. Get them finished exactly how you want, and then leave them be.

Play with the top end of your bag, that's where the fun is. But the irons, wedges, and putter should be almost always set.

Thanks man. Re: National Custom.. I've been there done that already years ago when DW made my flat back set off a picture I drew (not sure if you've seen that build thread, but it was a lot of fun). I do like that idea, however, I've moved off of the DW set when I wanted something easier to hit. Not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole again, or maybe I do.. lol! Funny thing is my low medal play round ever is still with the DW irons/wedges and 910 woods.

its funny you feel that way, I get into runs were I really obsess with certain things. At one point its golf. I can't get enough and this past year I had my son and I have played 2 rounds. I try and convince myself to come on here and browse and look around but yes its boring at times.

I started getting heavy into cigars, buying boxes, singles, filling a massive humidor. And now well as much as I like to go out back with a nice fire and relax its not what it used to be. Japanese whiskey is now on my radar. And while I still smoke cigars, collect whiskey I am trying to get back to the game I love. But I am in your shoes. I just told my wife i want to do a full bag fitting for the upcoming season. And I want to love the Ts2/ts3 line but we will see

Great timing of your post.. check what I just posted on my instagram story (if you have it). Japanese whiskey and cigars lol!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Funny you say that, I'm not even subscribed anymore :cheesy: What driving iron and wedges are you playing? Also what shafts, are the PX LZ free upcharge?

Thanks man. Re: National Custom.. I've been there done that already years ago when DW made my flat back set off a picture I drew (not sure if you've seen that build thread, but it was a lot of fun). I do like that idea, however, I've moved off of the DW set when I wanted something easier to hit. Not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole again, or maybe I do.. lol! Funny thing is my low medal play round ever is still with the DW irons/wedges and 910 woods.

Great timing of your post.. check what I just posted on my instagram story (if you have it). Japanese whiskey and cigars lol!

Haha I saw, I just picked up hibiki 12,17 and the harmony. And then a couple bottles of Yamazaki 12

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

All in the sig -

I was not sure about the p790 vs the Nike Fly pro but now getting used to it and very happy. on my home course with no wind I use it on 7/8 tees so have to hit it well.

Wedges SM7s Raw and certainly no complaints, Mike Taylor did say I should get a 60 with a nearer the ground leading edge as he was showing me ones that he made for The Open championship for Anser.

No uncharge for most shafts with Mizuno, just in the Scotland they did not have Tour Velvet Cord which was very annoying so stuck with Align MCC.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Japanese whiskey is where it’s at. And yes, the 718 TMB sucks.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

Haha I saw, I just picked up hibiki 12,17 and the harmony. And then a couple bottles of Yamazaki 12

My boy with my Nikka 17 is lagging AF.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

You've had enough wedges to have a favorite grind and shape I would imagine, I'd send those off to Ari or Artisan for customs.

How were your numbers with 917? Everyone I know that played it picked up significant yardage with the new TS line.

I used the 9.5 because off center hits spun more and just went way straighter. Good for good, probably mid 2k's spin launch 11-14, general shot was really high and mid spin. Only time I can knock the spin down is when I force a draw or toe it - generally can work both ways on command, stock shot was pretty straight, just insanely straight. I'll probably try the TS, with how much I like the 917D3, I do want a little flatter flight and speed - but I don't want to sacrifice how straight this club is. For wedges, I might just do Scratch again.. maybe Artisan.. I like that idea. Will likely get fit to the 919 Tours and have been hearing good things about the Fli-Hi's from some buddies. The TM 760's are coming out soon too which look interesting.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

You've had enough wedges to have a favorite grind and shape I would imagine, I'd send those off to Ari or Artisan for customs.

How were your numbers with 917? Everyone I know that played it picked up significant yardage with the new TS line.

I used the 9.5 because off center hits spun more and just went way straighter. Good for good, probably mid 2k's spin launch 11-14, general shot was really high and mid spin. Only time I can knock the spin down is when I force a draw or toe it - generally can work both ways on command, stock shot was pretty straight, just insanely straight. I'll probably try the TS, with how much I like the 917D3, I do want a little flatter flight and speed - but I don't want to sacrifice how straight this club is. For wedges, I might just do Scratch again.. maybe Artisan.. I like that idea. Will likely get fit to the 919 Tours and have been hearing good things about the Fli-Hi's from some buddies. The TM 760's are coming out soon too which look interesting.

Agreed, I didn’t like the 790’s that much but will try the 760’s. Pretty boring with like 4 years on the same set over here. Wedges are just weird because of the inportance of turf interaction and grind, one you try them all you most likely have a favorite that will limit your options. I’ll be playing the same 60* grind forever unless I move way south and conditions call for something new, so whoever can replicate that for me will get my business.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Okay.. we'll see how this goes :)

Today I booked an iron fitting at my local Super Store - usually don't get fit here, but these days I just don't have a lot of time to tinker, and I think over the years I've seen (for me) a huge diminishing return on iron fittings. I've done in-store, TPI, Cool Clubs, The Oven, Ely Callaway PC (tour one), you name it.. I've pretty much done it. They all have their pros and cons.. in the meantime, I do believe that the in-store fitting has developed to a point where with all the experience I have with fittings/fitters and playing the results of these, that I can come to conclusions now without the time/$$ investment.

So...

Booked a 45 min fitting, cost was like $40, which is nothing.. the fitter is a pro and I've played with him many times so he knows my game etc..

Took a couple baselines with my 718MB with PX LZ - generally mid 7's spin, with my cut going up to 8K+

Ended up with the 919 Tour in KBS C-Taper Lite X hard stepped. Just the stock CTX was low 7's so he thinks hard stepped should get me closer to 7 and the flight down a little.

The MP Fli Hi MMC (I think) will be the 3 iron, I was hitting the 4 iron really good and it looks good so we'll try that.

Wedges - I'm going with the S18 46 and 50 same shaft CTX hard stepped and will keep the Vokey V Grinds and put the CTX not hard stepped in the 54 and 60.

Hit the TS3.. about 10-20 yards past my driver. Ended up liking the Evenflow White, dropped down to the 8.5 - head shape is really nice, bigger and louder than the 917. Eye opening shot was a 320 yard in the air cut that spun at 2200, definitely don't have that shot with my 917. Going to get that driver too eventually..

Irons ordered today :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

hey pure, welcome back!

interested to hear which other shafts you tried during your fitting. did the px lz in the 919s give you similar numbers as your titleists?

We didn't even try the LZ's, started with Nippon 120 then went to the CTLX - I didn't question anything just went with what he was suggesting. The obvious unknown is the turf interaction. We'll see how this goes.. ended up ordering the S18 46 and 50 and will add the CTLX to the Vokeys in the 54/60. Based on the numbers with the MB/LZ, my spin numbers were crazy, which I can confirm on the course.

Problem is, after my hand surgery, I love the soft/lighter feeling shafts, but my driver ss is still 120+. I'm going to get the TS3 - but my club lags, so we'll see.

Project #2 might also be underway - re-vamp my Don Whites and add a few things.

I'm back.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

What is the over/under on a return to Titleist irons? If it is greater than six months, I'll take the under...

Glad your finding the game fun again and enjoy the new sticks.

The 919T are so good, I think the biggest danger to their staying in the bag are the shafts.

Very surprised you went with any version of c-taper.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA