2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Pure745's WITB

Okay.. we'll see how this goes :)

Today I booked an iron fitting at my local Super Store - usually don't get fit here, but these days I just don't have a lot of time to tinker, and I think over the years I've seen (for me) a huge diminishing return on iron fittings. I've done in-store, TPI, Cool Clubs, The Oven, Ely Callaway PC (tour one), you name it.. I've pretty much done it. They all have their pros and cons.. in the meantime, I do believe that the in-store fitting has developed to a point where with all the experience I have with fittings/fitters and playing the results of these, that I can come to conclusions now without the time/$$ investment.

So...

Booked a 45 min fitting, cost was like $40, which is nothing.. the fitter is a pro and I've played with him many times so he knows my game etc..

Took a couple baselines with my 718MB with PX LZ - generally mid 7's spin, with my cut going up to 8K+

Ended up with the 919 Tour in KBS C-Taper Lite X hard stepped. Just the stock CTX was low 7's so he thinks hard stepped should get me closer to 7 and the flight down a little.

The MP Fli Hi MMC (I think) will be the 3 iron, I was hitting the 4 iron really good and it looks good so we'll try that.

Wedges - I'm going with the S18 46 and 50 same shaft CTX hard stepped and will keep the Vokey V Grinds and put the CTX not hard stepped in the 54 and 60.

Hit the TS3.. about 10-20 yards past my driver. Ended up liking the Evenflow White, dropped down to the 8.5 - head shape is really nice, bigger and louder than the 917. Eye opening shot was a 320 yard in the air cut that spun at 2200, definitely don't have that shot with my 917. Going to get that driver too eventually..

Irons ordered today :)

Love the order and interested to see how it goes for ya especially with the savage move of getting the stock Evenflow white :tongue:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Not surprised you liked the 919 Tour's. A little surprised on the shaft selection though. I did an indoor fitting a few years back with MP4's and ended up with the C Taper Lites in X. Was basically getting the same spin numbers as PX 6.5 and X100 but a degree higher launch and a mph or two extra ball speed. Dispersion was just as good too. I was very happy about the results but I never got along with the shafts on the course. Hopefully they work out for you, they do feel great which I know you've said is a big priority for you right now.

I've been eyeing that exact TS3 driver set up for a little while, sounds awesome!

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

hey pure, welcome back!

interested to hear which other shafts you tried during your fitting. did the px lz in the 919s give you similar numbers as your titleists?

We didn't even try the LZ's, started with Nippon 120 then went to the CTLX - I didn't question anything just went with what he was suggesting. The obvious unknown is the turf interaction. We'll see how this goes.. ended up ordering the S18 46 and 50 and will add the CTLX to the Vokeys in the 54/60. Based on the numbers with the MB/LZ, my spin numbers were crazy, which I can confirm on the course.

Problem is, after my hand surgery, I love the soft/lighter feeling shafts, but my driver ss is still 120+. I'm going to get the TS3 - but my club lags, so we'll see.

Project #2 might also be underway - re-vamp my Don Whites and add a few things.

I'm back.

You're golfing again? LOL

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Do the c-taper lites have the tip bending issue like the standard ones?

Hit the 110 stiff and liked the feel but need the 115x

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Not surprised you liked the 919 Tour's. A little surprised on the shaft selection though. I did an indoor fitting a few years back with MP4's and ended up with the C Taper Lites in X. Was basically getting the same spin numbers as PX 6.5 and X100 but a degree higher launch and a mph or two extra ball speed. Dispersion was just as good too. I was very happy about the results but I never got along with the shafts on the course. Hopefully they work out for you, they do feel great which I know you've said is a big priority for you right now.

I've been eyeing that exact TS3 driver set up for a little while, sounds awesome!

Yeah, I was thinking "WTF!??" when he handed me the CTLX - but it felt great, numbers were good and one of my best friends plays them. I forgot he got them in his new X-Forged irons and loved them. I kind of dismissed the fact that he got them because I figured they would be out of his bag in like 2 weeks. Good thing about this process is it has a 90 day return policy, lol! So I can switch up to 3 times to anything. If I really hate them, I'll go down a rabbit hole of getting more properly fit (probably Cool Clubs), but with that is more time and more $ and ultimately leads me to how much "perfect" I want to chase on a fitting.

hey pure, welcome back!

interested to hear which other shafts you tried during your fitting. did the px lz in the 919s give you similar numbers as your titleists?

We didn't even try the LZ's, started with Nippon 120 then went to the CTLX - I didn't question anything just went with what he was suggesting. The obvious unknown is the turf interaction. We'll see how this goes.. ended up ordering the S18 46 and 50 and will add the CTLX to the Vokeys in the 54/60. Based on the numbers with the MB/LZ, my spin numbers were crazy, which I can confirm on the course.

Problem is, after my hand surgery, I love the soft/lighter feeling shafts, but my driver ss is still 120+. I'm going to get the TS3 - but my club lags, so we'll see.

Project #2 might also be underway - re-vamp my Don Whites and add a few things.

I'm back.

You're golfing again? LOL

I'm trying my brotha! I've turned down some good ones this year.. :(

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

What is the over/under on a return to Titleist irons? If it is greater than six months, I'll take the under...

Glad your finding the game fun again and enjoy the new sticks.

That's a pretty safe bet, lol!

The 919T are so good, I think the biggest danger to their staying in the bag are the shafts.

Very surprised you went with any version of c-taper.

Me too... if they suck, I'll just reorder the same thing with a different shaft. I will say, I was pleasantly surprised by the feel and numbers, they feel nothing like the 130X, which is one of my least favorite shafts made. Thankfully with the 90 day return policy I'll just take them back if I hate them - then fully commit to the Don White project I'm toying with doing.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Booked a 45 min fitting, cost was like $40, which is nothing.. the fitter is a pro and I've played with him many times so he knows my game etc..

Did Dan fit you? That boy got game.

Yep :) We'll see.. have had mixed results with his fittings. Sometimes it's hard for him to switch gears from fitting guys shanking balls off the launch monitors to a fitting like me where I'd want him to think of what he'd actually fit himself into.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Yep :) We'll see.. have had mixed results with his fittings. Sometimes it's hard for him to switch gears from fitting guys shanking balls off the launch monitors to a fitting like me where I'd want him to think of what he'd actually fit himself into.

I know what you mean but I'm pretty sure it's easier for him to fit a player like yourself vs. a weekend hack;) I remember when he was playing Titelist and said the T-MB hybrid iron was easy to hit and that I should ditch my hybrid. "Umm, not all of us can smother it like you." He's one of the few I trust there.

What is the over/under on a return to Titleist irons? If it is greater than six months, I'll take the under...

Glad your finding the game fun again and enjoy the new sticks.

That's a pretty safe bet, lol!

The 919T are so good, I think the biggest danger to their staying in the bag are the shafts.

Very surprised you went with any version of c-taper.

Me too... if they suck, I'll just reorder the same thing with a different shaft. I will say, I was pleasantly surprised by the feel and numbers, they feel nothing like the 130X, which is one of my least favorite shafts made. Thankfully with the 90 day return policy I'll just take them back if I hate them - then fully commit to the Don White project I'm toying with doing.

I've always been a C-Taper critic, particularly as I only hit the 130X...I ended up with a set having CT S+ for most of the year, and have been really surprised how much I like it...I guess I was just getting old.

Glad to see you back ho’n

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I'm the guy that asks why they dont put scoring grooves on the hosel. All my irons that have faces that loo new though. Good for resale, that's why I do it.

Awesome thread, love seeing your ho voyage.

I'm the guy that asks why they dont put scoring grooves on the hosel. All my irons that have faces that loo new though. Good for resale, that's why I do it.

Awesome thread, love seeing your ho voyage.

I've hit a few off the Sure Fit adaptor.. surprisingly good smash factor and spin :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Miuras typically take away the urge to Ho!

.... Just saying.

No they don't

Agreed. If you’re a ho, you’re a ho.

Well. Guess I'm not a Ho then.

1 set 5-P Baby Blades

1 set 5-P CB-57

Going on 6 years with the Baby Blades.

Going on 4 years with the CB-57s.

... I don't even look at, nor hit, Irons, while checking out a golf shop.

.... Just saying.

No they don't

Agreed. If you're a ho, you're a ho.

1 set 5-P Baby Blades

1 set 5-P CB-57

You should be ashamed of yourself.

.... Just saying.

No they don't

Agreed. If you're a ho, you're a ho.

1 set 5-P Baby Blades

1 set 5-P CB-57

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I have perfection!

I blend the Baby Blades and CB-57s, and add two Callaway Driving Irons and I have what I'd consider a perfect set!

Or. I can play straight through the Baby Blades. Or straight through the CB-57s.

Picking up the Mizzy's tomorrow. Doing a driver fitting at Cool Clubs.. they have a better shaft selection to test vs. TPI/demo days which are just the stock Titleist offerings. After seeing how my Atmos Black performed in the same settings in the TS3, I think I can get a lot more out of the TS3 with a new shaft. I've been out of the shaft game for a while so I want to see what's new. Really interested in the new Diamana.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Picking up the Mizzy's tomorrow. Doing a driver fitting at Cool Clubs.. they have a better shaft selection to test vs. TPI/demo days which are just the stock Titleist offerings. After seeing how my Atmos Black performed in the same settings in the TS3, I think I can get a lot more out of the TS3 with a new shaft. I've been out of the shaft game for a while so I want to see what's new. Really interested in the new Diamana.

Have you tried the new Rogue 130 yet? I remember you had success with the 125 back in the day.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Have you tried the new Rogue 130 yet? I remember you had success with the 125 back in the day.

Nope.. will def want to try it, loved the 125!

Btw.. wtf is up with Photobucket, is that now obsolete too??!

Says I can't upload photos on WRX either.. strange.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Nope.. will def want to try it, loved the 125!

Btw.. wtf is up with Photobucket, is that now obsolete too??!

Says I can't upload photos on WRX either.. strange.

I bet your WRX membership ended and your over the amount of pictures you can post. It happened to me once.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

or HZRDUS T1100?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Jeez.. figured it out, I think.

Anyways :) New bag for now:

Driver: pending fitting - TS3 most likely

3WD: pending fitting - TS3 most likely

Mizuno MP18 SSC Fli Hi 3 iron

Mizuno 919 Tour - 4-9 iron - KBS C-Taper Lite X hard stepped

Mizuno S18 - 46, 50 - KBS C-Taper Lite X

Vokey 55S/60V - shaft pending

Scotty 009

I haven't played Mizuno's since a brief stint with the MP67 and before that was the MP14/29. Very encouraged based on what I have seen indoors during my fitting, they look and feel incredible. They are noticeably softer than the Titleists, I already knicked on just by putting a club in too hard.

For the driver, I'll do a fitting at Cool Clubs, my 917 is so good that this new one needs to be tested outdoor, my driver is an important club for me so it needs a little more specific fitting.. should be doing that this week. Specifically want to test the new Diamana and Kuro Kage.

witb%20new%201.jpg

Oh yeah.. recent picture of my Scotty debacle when unloading everything I had boxed when we moved.. :censored2:

scotty%20mess%201.jpg

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty 009

I haven't played Mizuno's since a brief stint with the MP67 and before that was the MP14/29. Very encouraged based on what I have seen indoors during my fitting, they look and feel incredible. They are noticeably softer than the Titleists, I already knicked on just by putting a club in too hard.

For the driver, I'll do a fitting at Cool Clubs, my 917 is so good that this new one needs to be tested outdoor, my driver is an important club for me so it needs a little more specific fitting.. should be doing that this week. Specifically want to test the new Diamana and Kuro Kage.

witb%20new%201.jpg

Oh yeah.. recent picture of my Scotty debacle when unloading everything I had boxed when we moved.. :censored2:

scotty%20mess%201.jpg

Sweet sticks! Not entirely sure what to say about the head covers and bags. I guess Holy Sh#$ is the best I've got :)

Scotty 009

witb%20new%201.jpg

scotty%20mess%201.jpg

That Scotty stash is amazing!! And the 919T's look great in the bag..

Are you testing Diamana DF and KK XD in the TS3?

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

Who cares about Golf.... let's talk about the P car and more importantly let's get that thing to the track and put some laps in! :)

Lol! Yeah, debating on switching up the wheels on it now.. but that's a different forum topic :)

What do you think of the wedges? Sticking with the miz or back to vokey

I like the shape, they feel great, but 0 course time yet, so can't really comment. I don't particularly like the shape of the SM7's - so I figured it would be a nicer transition in the 46 and 50 since I hit 99% full shots with them. I'll take some comparison pics, but the S18 look really nice.

That Scotty stash is amazing!! And the 919T's look great in the bag..

Are you testing Diamana DF and KK XD in the TS3?

Yes, those two and then whatever else Cool Clubs recommends. The Atmos Black/917 is a killer combo for me, but when we swapped my shaft in the TS3, the stock Evenflow was way better. Downsides of the 917 is that it goes really high and tends to spin a little, but it's a fairway finder, and really long when I draw it. The difference between my draw and cut on a windy day could be 30-40 yards, to give you and idea of what it does when windy.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ