well since I am not seeing it... NIKE WINS AGAIN!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 win season this year.... at least 2 majors.

This is sooo awesome.

I month!!!!! I more freakin' month!!!

He should go back to the Ignite---think how much he would win by. After the 72% thursday abberation he returned to normal (30-50%). With his accuracy problems of late it would appear the two most unlikely majors are the U.S. Open and PGA where they at least grow some rough.

This is sooo awesome.

He should go back to the Ignite---think how much he would win by. After the 72% thursday abberation he returned to normal (30-50%). With his accuracy problems of late it would appear the two most unlikely majors are the U.S. Open and PGA where they at least grow some rough.

Fairways mean jack, he hit more greens Fri-Sun missing more fairways......go figure :kewlpics:

This is sooo awesome.

Fairways mean jack, he hit more greens Fri-Sun missing more fairways......go figure :kewlpics:

That's because of the way they set the courses up today. If they started penalizing shots in the rough where you could only chip out to the fairway it would be a different matter. Even Tiger has a hard time with traditional length rough. Makes you wonder if TV ratings don't drive some of the set ups. If Tiger isn't in the hunt you get WGC weekend ratings. Hopefully the young guns will help this out. Don't forget that Tiger is often times very fortunate. The tree on 18 they showed three wayward shots that were't seperated by more than a few feet. Tiger and Davis were in front of it and Camillo was behind it. Davis had no shot because of limbs/palms, Camillo had not shot because he was behind it, Tiger was the only one with an opening to the green and hit a good shot. You can't tell me Tiger plans that break. If he was that much in control of the club than why doesn't he just hit it in the fairway.

As TW has said many times, no one wins a tournament without a break here and there. It's not something you can count on, but you do need one or two to go your way to make the difference. PM got a break hitting the guy's watch and bouncing to the fringe in two, he just did not capitalize on it.

To TW's credit, he puts himself in position for good things to happen. It's not his fault most others fold under the pressure.

I guess the Tiger slump is over...

The guy is just sick... although, he really does have to fix that driver... it could get him into a lot of trouble come major time...

Yeah I saw his current fairways is 46% or something! pretty bad for a guy who says he swings at 80% power on most drives. He only hit 2 fairways on the front 9 on sunday and was still 3 under for the round at the turn

This is sooo awesome.

That's because of the way they set the courses up today. If they started penalizing shots in the rough where you could only chip out to the fairway it would be a different matter. Even Tiger has a hard time with traditional length rough. Makes you wonder if TV ratings don't drive some of the set ups. If Tiger isn't in the hunt you get WGC weekend ratings. Hopefully the young guns will help this out. Don't forget that Tiger is often times very fortunate. The tree on 18 they showed three wayward shots that were't seperated by more than a few feet. Tiger and Davis were in front of it and Camillo was behind it. Davis had no shot because of limbs/palms, Camillo had not shot because he was behind it, Tiger was the only one with an opening to the green and hit a good shot. You can't tell me Tiger plans that break. If he was that much in control of the club than why doesn't he just hit it in the fairway.

the rough won't matter because on so many of these holes tiger either hits so far off course that it is in to the spectators and so the grass is patted down, he is close enough that he can still hit a 7 iron or less and he strong enough that he can muscle it out. i wish the courses had more dog legs that you either needed the ability to shape the ball around the dog leg or to have lay up to it.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

When's the last time TW hit a 7 iron into a green on a regular basis? Never???

not saying he uses his 7 into a green on a regular basis, but that he could easily hit his 7 out of the rough and still hold a green (maybe not a us open green)

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

I think Tiger needs to shorten his backswing abit as the clubs going way past parallel

What were you watching? Tiger doesn't go past parallel. His swing is on plane from start to finish better than anyone elses. I think he needs to ditch that driver and go back to the Ignite though. Actually, I would be really curious to see what Tiger would play if he wasn't paid by anyone to do so, or any player for that matter.

When's the last time TW hit a 7 iron into a green on a regular basis? Never???

not saying he uses his 7 into a green on a regular basis, but that he could easily hit his 7 out of the rough and still hold a green (maybe not a us open green)

I agree. Lucky for him though he hits it so far, he does not need the 7I. He can hold a US Open green out of the rough because it's SW, PW, or if he's really unlucky 9I in his hand.

We are definitely getting spoiled because this week at Doral, TW won, but he did not hit one memorable shot that I have not seen him hit at least half a dozen times before. He had some nice stats, like only missing four putts this week inside of 10 feet, that's really good.

I don't know why, but watching him chop up #16 I told my brother, "watch, Toms wil bogey coming in and TW will win at -20." He laughed like it was impossible, but we know what happenned. It's old TW and the tour again. Players see the name up top and it's oh no, what do I do now?

Is it good for the sport to have one golfer so dominant, so good that we yawn at the weekly achievements, but give the standing ovation at the end of the year for 10 wins and 2 majors? Such a dichotomy.

I am really puzzled by how many people "Think" that the New Driver is the cause of some of his mis-hits. I'm thinking his new swing might cause some "misfortune" ......... but thats just me thinking.

good call. tiger was quoted in golf magazine a few monthes ago that his new swing, while more consistent and longer (as well as easier on the body) will miss left or right, where his old swing his misses tended to be long or short. the comparison they used was his old swing is like a ferris wheel and the new swing like a carousel.

having experimented this past weekend with the ignite 460 and sq 460, i think a lot has to do with the shaft and not the driver. both are good as long as you can get the shaft that works best for you.

Awesome so far for NIKE, lets not forget that Scotty Cameron has pleanty wins so far too(ALL if I'm not mistaken).

david toms used a never compromise and stuart appleby had a proto of something, but otherwise most everything has been scotty cameron and a variety of different models

Awesome so far for NIKE, lets not forget that Scotty Cameron has pleanty wins so far too(ALL if I'm not mistaken).

david toms used a never compromise and stuart appleby had a proto of something, but otherwise most everything has been scotty cameron and a variety of different models

Scotty Cameron putters have been used to win the last 6 tournaments in a row and counting!!!!

Tiger said he made a decision with his driving. If he can bomb it 330 yards in the rough, then hit a 9 iron into a green, he'd accept that. When you're that long, fairways don't matter. The courses he's playing on don't have the rough we have at our local muni.

DRIVER:  Vacant

FAIRWAYS:  Vacant

IRONS:  Vacant

WEDGES:  Vacant

PUTTER:  PING Bruzer

BACKUPS:  PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch

I think it's ridiculous that the tour has so many courses where hitting fairways doesn't matter. I think it's equally absurd that someone can win a tournament hitting as few fairways as Tiger did this week. (Before I get blasted by the Tiger patrol please keep reading!)

All that said. Tiger will find a way to win no matter the conditions. Right now he's winning (3/5) by hitting it long and in multiple directions none of which are down the fairway. If missed fairways were preventing him from winning tournaments I would bet large large sums of money that Tiger would find a way to keep it in the short grass - with the SQ or Ignite.