2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Medicus Training Aides

Gxgolfer

The Best Selling Golf Training Aid Ever, The Medicus Driver!

The Medicus Driver has been chosen by golf pros as the #1 swing trainer club in the world. It is the best selling golf training aid ever! It is used by over half a million amateur golfers and thousands of professionals and now it's BETTER THAN EVER! Once you learn to swing the Medicus Driver without breaking it you know you are swinging in tempo and on plane. You'll get rid of that slice and start hitting longer, straighter shots and start shooting lower golf scores!

* FREE BONUS DVD "Drive Like a Pro" starring Mark O'Meara and Medicus Inventor Bob Koch

FREE BONUS DVD "Top Tips from Top Pros" with Mark O'Meara, Hank Haney, and other pros and instructors

* Used and endorsed by Mark O'Meara, Hank Haney, Bruce Fleischer, and Jack Lumpkin, One of golf's top 100 instructors

* Patented Dual Hinge Lets you know when you swing incorrectly

* Teaches you to swing in tempo & on plane

* Instantly identifies the flaw in your swing

* Helps Eliminate Slices and Hooks

* Let's you groove the perfect golf swing

* Hit longer, more accurate shots time after time

* Can be used indoors or out - at home, on the range, or on the course

* Improves all aspects of your swing - from the takeaway to the downswing to the follow through

* Develops muscle memory so that you develop a perfect and repeating swing

* Improves consistency and control

* 60 day money back guarantee

* Available Models:

o Right Handed Medicus Dual Hinge Driver

o Left Handed Medicus Dual Hinge Driver

o Women's Medicus Dual Hinge Driver

o Junior's Medicus Dual Hinge Driver

Improve Distance and Accuracy with our Maximus Weighted Trainer!

Introducing the Maximus Weighted Trainer from Medicus. The Medicus has been chosen by golf pros as the #1 swing trainer club in the world. Now Medicus is bringing you the Maximus Weighted Trainer to build your golf muscles. The patented Maximus Weighted Trainer falls into the perfect swing plane every time to eliminate that hook or slice and build muscle memory. This non-hinged weighted trainer develops the golf muscles for strength and accuracy. The Maximus Weighted Trainer is the perfect compliment to the Medicus Dual-Hinge trainers.

* FREE BONUS CDROM Includes complete instructional CD-ROM and printed instruction manual.

* Used by top teaching pros like Rodger Gunn to teach how to hit for powerful distance and accuracy.

* The Maximus Weighted Trainer is a hittable 7-iron so the user gets instant feedback on the range, seeing a proper ball flight when practicing, building confidence!

* The Maximus Weighted Trainer build golf-specific muscles and increases flexibility!

* The "Inertial Weight Shift" teaches the proper swing plane, leading to dramatic distance and accuracy improvements!

* Teaches tempo and timing, turning a "Hitter" into a "Swinger!"

* 60 day money back guarantee!

* Weight: 2 lbs, 8 oz (men's) / 2 lbs (women's)

* Length: 36.5" (men's) / 35.5" (women's)

* Loft: 34 dg

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No replies yet? hmm...

This swing trainer is awesome! I tried the dual hinge 5 iron after a 5 month layoff (winter), and it was amazing. I couldn't hit a ball worth s**t on the range, but then the next time i went to the range, they had a special that when you buy a large bucket or bigger (large, x-large and jumbo), you could use the Medicus dual 2000 (the 5 iron) or the Inside approach. I used the medicus. I started and couldn't hit the ball very well, but then after that, I tried out the medicus. It was incredibly frustrating trying to swing it without breaking, but I finally did it; then agian, and again, and when I started to hit balls again, they were going even better than they were the previous season. I was hitting the 220 sign on the range time and again, which is somewhere I didn't see too much on the course. I continued to take advantage of that special, and I eventually got a few out to the 235 and 250 signs. I continue to do that on the course. I'm now looking to buy one, because I found that lessons aren't helping me as much as this baby.

IMO, best I've ever seen.

Did I succoub? Yep. Did it help? It did, in fact I usually swing it 3-4 times a week now just to keep dialed in. Last summer I was having a great round if I hit the fairway 2 or 3 times (mostly by accident) but this week I played 3 rounds and only missed 1 fairway after 54 holes and that was only by 3 feet. In addition I've gained on average about 30 yds in distance.

The club will definitely help you learn the correct swing plane and tempo to keep it from breaking by promoting a slow, one piece takeaway. Also because of the weight of the shaft with the hinge its almost like swinging a weighted club, your regular driver will feel quite a bit lighter. Before every round I'll use it to strech out my back and get the feel for what I want to do.

I got mine off eBay in March and I watched the DVDs (really not useful-same info you hear everywhere else, just repackaged) and began swinging it everyday for 5-10 minutes or so at a time, evening running outside during commericals to swing it. I could tell a difference my next round. I was actually hitting them right down the middle and farther than I ever had and things got better each round.

After about a month or so I got away from it for awhile thinking I had everything down, well my drives began leaking to the right and then one round I was right back where I originally started from, way right. I began again and 2 days later all was right with the world and I was back in the groove.

One slight regret, the day after it was delivered I received a call from the company, I had been looking at their web site and must have left some info on it. They were offering a deal for both the driver and 5 iron for about the same price as I paid for the new hinged driver I bought on eBay. I bought the driver new for $115 (shipping included) but on their site its $150. I want to say the price I was offered for both was $125. It was a strong leap of faith for me to order the driver because I'm normally kind of leery of all the claims on the infomercials. I thought about it a long time before I bought it so I don't know if I would have accepted their deal anyway but I thought it was a big discount from what was being offered on their site and would have liked to have the option. From the experiece I've had with the hinged driver I would definitely buy the 5 iron at the right price.

And by the way, no I haven't told my playing partners what I'm doing different this summer. I figure I have to have some advantage.

• 3 months later...

I bought the dual hinge 5 iron after training in my Momentus (see a pattern here? I'm not a bad golfer, I just had the wrong training aid : :pimp: ). After swinging it a few times ( I was honestly expecting to have to try it for several hours before swinging it correctly, but it only took my 4 or 5 swings) I came to the conclusion that the club has some serious merit. You can't make a bad swing with it, it doesn't let you. It has corrected my tempo problems and it has definitely helped me strike the ball better. As for scoring, I still have no short game, but I can hit some purdy iron shots now :)

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

I have to say that the iron has helped me immensely with grooving my swing. :) I can hit the iron as far as my own iron. In a short period of time, I really improved my confidence and hitting irons is now second nature for me. It really helps with tempo, takeaway, swing plane and consistency. I think it is very helpful for even a beginner or novice to reinforce lessons such as the 'one piece takeway', etc. I have experimented with different swings and it seems to work with a One plane, Two plane or Single Axis swing.

:) Unfortunately, I still don't have the same ability to hit the Medicus driver as long as the regular driver. I find it useful for tempo and swing plane but it is a lot heavier than my driver. I have improved the ability to hit the 3 and 5 woods consistently. I am still working on my confidence for the driver.

I currently use 2 Drivers on the range but they are so much lighter than the Medicus that it almost seems counterproductive. I feel like I swing the conventional drivers too hard. I will give an update on the Medicus driver but for now, I didn't have an 'Aha' experience like the iron did for me. I wonder if I can replace the head with a Component Titanium Driver head....

Alternatives do exist:

Refiner Driver and iron for almost half of the cost

Jim McLean's Breakaway club

UPDATE:

I accidentally broke it and I was wanting to see about getting it repaired. I wrote to the company and they never responded (at least acknowledge the fact that they don't have that capability). I have lost complete respect for them given the fact that I WAS a big advocate for this aid. Thumbs down.

• 5 months later...

The Medicus really helps with a one piece takaway and is reall good for beginners to feel what the swing path is supposed to feel like. I got the Medicus when I was first learning and it was very helpful. I actually need to get it out of my wifes bag and work on my takaway right now. I think the medicus is a good tool to have around. It's especially fun to have people try it that aren't all that good because it's impossible for them. It's amazing that now if I ever pull out the Medicus, which is rarely, that my swing works almost perfect with it. I can honestly say it helped me learn the golf swing - not perfect but it helped me get the right idea.

• 3 months later...

I really want to get the medicus, both the driver and 5 iron. My question is though.. when i miss hit, most of the time i pull the ball left, so will the medicus really help me correct this? Although somtimes i do slice, or play a hard fade i get into most troblue when i pull the ball. I do it with my irons as well.. even somtimes a pull/fade not a great shot to try to play. So i was just wondering if it will help keep my club on the right like thoughout the swing to correct my pull? Thanks for any help.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

• 2 months later...
I really want to get the medicus, both the driver and 5 iron. My question is though.. when i miss hit, most of the time i pull the ball left, so will the medicus really help me correct this? Although somtimes i do slice, or play a hard fade i get into most troblue when i pull the ball. I do it with my irons as well.. even somtimes a pull/fade not a great shot to try to play. So i was just wondering if it will help keep my club on the right like thoughout the swing to correct my pull? Thanks for any help.

It won't help with regard to those problems. You really need lessons.

If you're getting both driver and iron, get the Refiner - both of those together cost less than one Medicus.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

so a bit above someone asked about pulling the ball.

My misses are more or less draw turning into a hook and comming over the top resulting in pulls. What are your thoughts on this club for someone like me. I have swung one indoors and can get it to work fairly well without breaking. Am thinking of getting one for my dad and I, he is a slicer, i am a hooker. or am i SOL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought the 5-iron and received it yesterday.

I had a daughter a couple summers ago which seriously cut into the golf time. I'm trying to play more this year and in the process of getting the rust off and finding my game again. Far from a perfect swing obviously. Main issues I'm working on now is having a more upright swing and avoiding being laid off at the top. I tend to come inside to quickly and come over the top a bit.

I'm very disappointed. I have yet to get any meaningful feedback from swinging this club. It seems like the takeway\tempo feedback would be good, but I'm ok in those areas and it doesn't break. First swing I made it didn't break. Feedback at the other positions seems nonexistent. I adjusted the hinges per the instructions and still no help. I can swing all day with the thing and even make very bad swings intentionally that are way off plane and it doesn't break. If I cast the club from the top or have a jerky takeaway it will react, but I don't have those issues.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or expecting too much, but this seems like a waste except for a beginner or someone with HUGE swing faults. I'm going to play around with it for a few more days but will probably return it under the money back guarantee deal.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I purchased a new Medicus ArmMaster a year ago for $15. As part of the purchase they encourage you to register on their site to get updates and free instructional videos. Little did I know, they start charging you $9.95 per month for the “free” instructional videos.

I did some searching on the net and found quite a few others who had experienced the same thing. This is bad business practice and deceitful on the part of Medicus.

I would encourage everyone to boycott their products as there are very good alternatives out there.

I would love for someone from Medicus to comment on this post.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a 5 iron from Goodwill a few weeks ago for a few bucks. I think I need to try it a little..

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]