Casio camera thread

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought one of these on Amazon, 302 shipped with a four gig card is just to good to pass up.

? though, how big is a typical file in 210fps and 420fps

When you save them to your computer is there options on the type of file you are saving?

I just got mine earlier this week, Amazon with the 16 gig card. At 210fps the file size for one swing is just over 10mb for me. This is after I've trimmed the clip on the camera from just before I start taking the club back to when I begin to hold the finish position. I've converted one of the avi's from the camera to wmv to make it small enough to email, and that took it down to under 1mb while still providing "good enough" quality.

I'm not sure about 420fps, but I'd assume the file size would be similar with twice the frames but a lesser resolution.

P.S.: EVERYONE who's seen the camera and the video capabilities is ready to order one!

10.5 (8.5) TM Sim2 w/ Smoke Blk 70 6.5  |||  16.5 HL Rogue ST LS w/ Smoke Blk 80 6.5

2i TM P790 w/ Smoke Blk HY 6.5  |||  4-PW Srixon ZX7 w/ S400

50.08 (SM9), 54.13 (TM MG3), 58.12 (SM9) w/ S400  |||  Byron Morgan 007

I just got one yesterday from Amazon too with the 4 gig card for $302, called it a "early father's day gift"........ So far, all I have are action shots of my dogs playing at 210fps...... :D

Maybe hit the range later today, I'm playing tommorrow, I take some shots then......

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Srixon  ZX 5 MKii 4-7 irons  ZX7 MKii  8-PW PX LZ 6.0 black

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

Spider Tour CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

Here's a chip taken with the FC100 at 1000 fps:

One thing I found out yesterday is that if your file size gets too large, you cannot trim the file in the camera. So that limits the amount of time that you can film in HS mode if you want to trim files before downloading them. Not sure what the limit is, but I think it's around 1 GB.

Also, you can use the zoom feature when filming in HS mode, but you have to pre-set it prior to starting to record (cannot zoom after hitting record). Also, this thing chews up the battery pretty quickly so an extra battery is highly recommended (as is the 16 GB card).

Just had a chance to try my fc 100 yesterday. took to my lesson and got some good video. I downloaded Cswings trial software and am in the process of trying to import the files. One is large, but not sure if its working. Has anyone used with Cswing that could give me a couple pointers or let me know about how long it usually takes to import the videos. Apprec in advance!

Just had a chance to try my fc 100 yesterday. took to my lesson and got some good video. I downloaded Cswings trial software and am in the process of trying to import the files. One is large, but not sure if its working. Has anyone used with Cswing that could give me a couple pointers or let me know about how long it usually takes to import the videos. Apprec in advance!

I use CSwing. Import takes almost no time. I just made a folder on my desktop called import swings. Put the file in there once it's on my comp. Open CSwing, select the player and import. You have to select the destination folder in Cswing and you're good to go.

If you're considering buying a software I would look at V1 also. I use CSwing and it's ok, but imo, V1 is better.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the optimal settings for the FH20?

I spoke with Casio Tech support and they are getting alot of calls for filming golf swings.

The rep couldn't answer my question with regards to shutter speed and how that affected the video. Also, she couldn't tell me what the relationship was between 210,420, and 1000 fps and a selected shutter speed.

Any help?

Thanks,

So I noticed that a few of the frames dropped from my video at 210fps. Right now I have a cheap 2gb class two card in there while a nicer one is on order. The face on view I took did not drop any frames.

Is this caused by the card? I edited the video to clip it in the camera.

Yes. If it's not a Class 6 card, it's not fast enough to capture all of the frames.

What are the optimal settings for the FH20?

I spoke with Casio Tech support and they are getting alot of calls for filming golf swings.

The rep couldn't answer my question with regards to shutter speed and how that affected the video. Also, she couldn't tell me what the relationship was between 210,420, and 1000 fps and a selected shutter speed.

There are no "optimal" settings because it all depends on your lighting conditions.

But in general, you wants as fast of a shutter speed as possible, while retaining enough light to get a good exposure. I've gone all the way up 1/20000th of a second (in super bright sunny conditions). You just have to mess around with it to see what works best. Put the camera in shutter speed mode, and you can select your shutter speed. I usually start at 1/2000th (not 1/20000th), and hopefully go up from there to 1/5000th. The faster the shutter speed, the less blur the image will have.

There is no relation between FPS and shutter speed, except for the fact that shutter speed has to be faster than FPS. The camera takes care of that, however, and won't let you set the shutter speed slower.

So let's say you're using the 420fps mode. Which mean it takes 420 frames / second. Theoretically, the slowest the shutter speed could be is 1/420th of a second. The camera's logic puts a fudge factor in there, and limits you to something faster (not sure what it is for 42fps mode, maybe 1/500th of sec?)

If you haven't trimmed the file in the camera, the file could be hundreds of megabytes. I like putting the memory card in the computer, and manually copying the files, so I can see their progress. It's faster than the USB connection too.

CSwing creates a golfer folder when you create a new golfer. Then creates subfolders in the golfer's folder with the date. So when I copy the files, I just manually create a folder with the date of the images, and copy them into there. You can also trim the file after it's in Cswing using the Trim function.

If I upgraded to V1PRO with my FH20 camera at 210 fps does this convert even or does the V1PRO only recognize 300 fps or all camera fps up to 300 fps? I know the system was built specifically for the F1 thats why I'm asking.

Hope someone knows!

[b][i]Titleist 917D3[/i][/b]
[b][i]Titleist 917F3[/i][/b]
[b][i]Titleist [/i]816H1[/b]
[b][i]Titleist 716[/i][/b] [i][b]AP2 [/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Vokey SM6[/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 5[/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Pro V1X[/b][/i]

If I upgraded to V1PRO with my FH20 camera at 210 fps does this convert even or does the V1PRO only recognize 300 fps or all camera fps up to 300 fps? I know the system was built specifically for the F1 thats why I'm asking.

Hope someone knows!

Like I said, the video file that comes out of these cameras are standard 30fps video files. The software doesn't know any difference between it and any other file from any other camera. IOW, there's nothing special about the file.

If so than why does my picture come out blurry and pixelated on my v1 and those who use the upgraded V1PRO have a much more clear picture? one that resembles what you see on the camera display...

I just got the FC100 and took it to the range today. It's ok, I mean it helps, but it isn't crystal clear. I used 210 fps and 400 fps settings. 400 the viewing window gets really small. At 210 the club is a blurr.

I'm on Mac, so I had to install bootcamp and windows to be able to test out V1 home and Cswing. All kind of a pain, think it may be going back. Don't have the funds to get the higher end model.

I have a Mac as well and did the whole install boot camp and windows (what a pain!). The 3inch LCD on the FH20 produces a perfect image at 210 fps. I just want the capabilities of transferring it to a program like V1GOLF and getting the same image. It sounds like I will need to call customer support to find the answer.

Hi

I just boughtt a EX FC 100 in UK.

Any tips to get up and running straight away, best settings etc.

What is best way to view swing on the computer?

Am not very good with technology, more a 35mm man, point and shoot.

Are people falling out of love with cameras all ready, noticed for sale add above.

Thanks in advance, cheers.

If so than why does my picture come out blurry and pixelated on my v1 and those who use the upgraded V1PRO have a much more clear picture? one that resembles what you see on the camera display...

I don't know. I've used V1 Home and it works looks just fine with my FH20 (I personally like CSwing better, as I've found V1 to be buggy, lots of misc crashes). Probably some settings in the program, such as deinterlacing (I haven't used it enough to tell you where to look, however).

But there's nothing special about the video files these cameras produce.

Hi

I just boughtt a EX FC 100 in UK.

Any tips to get up and running straight away, best settings etc.

What is best way to view swing on the computer?

Am not very good with technology, more a 35mm man, point and shoot.

Are people falling out of love with cameras all ready, noticed for sale add above.

Thanks in advance, cheers.

I would suggest you read this entire thread, as these questions have been answered.

Has anyone used the Casio EX-FS10? How does it compare to the EX-FC100? Hurry, Father's Day is almost here!

MH

I'm reading some specs on the FS10 and I'm not seeing what it does that the FC100 doesn't. It has a smaller zoom (3x vs 5x) and a slightly smaller LCD screen (2.5 vs 2.75). The FS10 is slightly thinner, if that's possible!

I'd go with the FC100 between the two.