2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bridgestone Tour B330-S

hoardog

Bought a sleeve and OMFG!!!

great feel, good distance, good sound.

the spin is insane! i never spin the ball alot but when i was using these i hit a couple of 10-15yard shots and they tried to RIP BACK!!!

good distance just as long as pro v1..

feelws soft and solid great ball...

oh and did i mention the spin?? LOL

happy golfing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have to put in a follow up....

Although I still do love this ball, I've come to find out that there is TOO much spin to these balls for my game. I mean, I love spinning irons just as much as the next person, but when you hit your driver flush and get no roll or actually have your ball hit and bounce backwards its time to move to the less spin model.

GO B330... I do love the B330s, but damn!

K

• 3 weeks later...

finaly I got a sleve of 330s. great ball. Spin is available if needed but not over done. ball controle around the green is tops, and putting feels good. I have a brand new cg12 52 zip grooves. I was 100 yards out and hit it perfect landed inside 6' it spund back 3 of the six. No cuts on ball you can see 3 groove marks but they are not cuts just marks. Tour 56 stilll my fave, I miss the green alot so the extra spin on the tour 56 helps me get up and down.

• 2 months later...

Hit my longest drive ever with a 330-s, 340 yards, so what if it was a little downhill!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='akilroy' post='750402' date='Oct 11 2007, 03:49 PM']Yeah, I have to put in a follow up....

Although I still do love this ball, I've come to find out that there is TOO much spin to these balls for my game. I mean, I love spinning irons just as much as the next person, but when you hit your driver flush and get no roll or actually have your ball hit and bounce backwards its time to move to the less spin model.[/quote]

Or change to a driver with less spin! I have tried everything and found the best solution is a low spin driver head. This allows you to still play a spinny ball for pitches and chips.

Yes, a low spin ball will work well with a high spin driver, but then you lose spin control on pitches. And that is more important to me than driver distance.

919THI 11.5° / 1° open
929hs 20° / dead square
775hs 21° & 24° & 27°
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6-pw
MP-T11 50° & 55° / MPT4 61°
Ping Sydney 33"

Great ball and cheaper than the Prov1! The two are about interchangable. I have a shag bag with mostly B330S and about 12 ProV1. Around the practice green, they check and perform the same. Personally I still miss the Tour Balata and Professionals so you can assume Im Titleist biased. :)

I boycott Titleist and refuse to pay almost $60 for a dozen balls, thats why I originally tried this B330S. Its a sweet ball, so if you like the ProV1, you will luv this ball just the same. I think that in Japan, its the other way around than it is here. The Bridgestone ball rules the Japanese Tour.

Go Bridgestone!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='geeza_1' post='858862' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:26 AM'][quote name='akilroy' post='750402' date='Oct 11 2007, 03:49 PM']Yeah, I have to put in a follow up....

Although I still do love this ball, I've come to find out that there is TOO much spin to these balls for my game. I mean, I love spinning irons just as much as the next person, but when you hit your driver flush and get no roll or actually have your ball hit and bounce backwards its time to move to the less spin model.[/quote]

Or change to a driver with less spin! I have tried everything and found the best solution is a low spin driver head. This allows you to still play a spinny ball for pitches and chips.

Yes, a low spin ball will work well with a high spin driver, but then you lose spin control on pitches. And that is more important to me than driver distance.
[/quote]

I was also losing iron distance but that wasn't the last straw. I've since changed up driver, shaft and even swing (hitting more on an up swing). I went back and tried the B330-s just to see and while I got my distance back, etc I get more control over my new ball.

I stand by my comments about feel etc but I've found a new love. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been trying these for a while now alongside a few other tour balls. For whatever reason, the first time I tried them I wasn't blown away. The feel is nice: not as nice IMO as the nike platinum or prov1, but better than the HX Tour 56. The distance is great, but not that much different than the others. The spin is good, but not quite as much as the NOP or prov1. The durability is mediocre for me - not as good as I found the HX Tour 56 to be (which other people claim to rip the cover off of with ease). So even though it doesn't seem outstanding in any one category I do find that it does everything well enough that the total package is quite good. It sticks when I want it to and releases when I want it to and putts nicely. I'd happily play it anytime.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I play the b330-s full time to me this is one of the better all around balls around, don't get me wrong prov's are nice but i find these balls give me a little more carry as i have a very low and rising drive trajectory, IMO from 150 in, these are perfect i play as a 15 handicap (due to a leaky driver) but i have a lot of control with my irons and these balls give me that one hop phht i'm looking for. Durability is ok, as with most "player" level balls don't expect to get more than 18 in with this ball, will get pretty marked up.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the older version of this ball--the three piece ball b330s. The four piece is less distance for me, ss100-102. Don't care for the Rx ball. Does anyone know where I can get the 2007 version? Checked ebay and they only have this years. Any help would be great!!!

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I have mixed experiences with the 4-p 330S. Earlier in the season, I was just getting too much spin off the driver, but something's changed recently (most likely my inconsistent swing!). I had a sleeve of the 4-p 330S in my bag this weekend and put it into play. The ball flight was better (less spin) and distance was outstanding. Short game wise, it seemed fine. It felt fantastic and behaved very nicely off the putter - hard to describe, but a nice heavy feel that seemed to roll true and fits my putting stroke well. Just enough spin off the short and mid irons with hop and stop qualities (no uncontrolled suck-back). I really liked the previous 3-p, but it's not readily available. I'll play the 4-p B330S more during this golf season.

For me, the 2009 330-s seemed to increase the sidespin off the driver like no other ball I played in the past two years, and that includes even the Nike One Platinum. I usually play the Srixon Z-URS and I had not sliced or hooked drives in a way that they were in danger of going OB in more than a year. I almost hit it past the white stakes three times in seven holes today with the 330s. Once left, twice right.

After that, I put the Z-URS back in play and the ball went straight again. I do not think that I lost and suddenly found my swing again, the ball must have had something to do with it. Probably a great ball for people who want to shape their drives.

I also lost distance, not so much with the driver, but with the irons. And it felt hard to me off the putter. Over all, I did not like it.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

• 1 month later...

A friend recommended the Bridgestone B330-S to me. So yesterday I was at the local golf shop and purchased a sleeve. I played with the balls today. All I can say is, "Wow!" I had never played a Bridgestone ball before. I've been playing the Titleist Pro-V1 for about 4 years...that is, until today. The Bridgestone was long off the tee, had nice trajectory, cover is durable, had plenty of touch/spin around the greens. I also like that it's slightly cheaper than the Pro-V1.

• 3 weeks later...

I just made the switch and love the B-330S. I have played the ProV line now for years and I don't see myself changing. The feel of the Bridgestone is incredible. Best of all, it is far and above more durable than the ProV1. I played Sunday with one ball. Minus a few grass stains, the Bridgestone still looked and preformed just as good on 18 as it did on the first tee. I've never experienced that with the ProV1.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I like this golf ball more than I like golf. If they ever announce they're stopping production, I have already figured out the balls I would need if I played 3 rounds a day, lost 2 balls per hole for my entire life expectancy, accounting for advances in medicine, and I have a plan to get the money involving a bank and a getaway. i'm starting to sleeping alright again

Ping I20 10.5* and 16.5*
Mizuno MP-52 4-PW, plus 1/2"
Cleveland 52* and 58*
Coutour Tri-Fit, Gullane, 350g
Bridgestone B-330S

There was a Bridgestone ball fitting at a local course so I said what the heck and tried it. After a bunch of shots on the monitor it showed that I was driving the ball on average 16 yards longer than the Pro V1x I was using previously. We went back and forth between the two a bunch of times. Seems that although my swing speed is 111 it really takes about 115+ to truly compress the ProV1x. With my swing speed I compress the B330-S perfectly and get some nice extra distance and feel as well. GREAT ball ....for me. Excellent around the green too!

-Chris

Once Bridgestone "fixed" the soft cover issue, they began building the best ball currently available in golf. Longer than most, a real wind fighter, durable, and a bona-fide spinner. Sometimes, too much.

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have always been a Titleist guy, Was using ProV1x for a while after starting back after a kinda forced 3 year layoff. Loved them, except for two big reasons:
Price$$ -in Australia retail is about $80 but can get them for $54-$60 locally.
Durability- I can barely get 9 holes out of a ball even if I'm hitting fairways and greens like its going out of fashion they look 100 years old very quick.

A mate of mine has been playing the B330S for a while and threw me a sleeve around a month ago and I honestly can't see myself going back. Price: I can get a box of these for $40 and cheaper if I want to wait for postage and durable??? I got two and a half rounds out of one ball before it went for a swim. Normally I use one a round and then it's in the shag bag but if I Ieave it in the bag it gets played. Stays white a heck of a lot longer than the titleist balls and even though I can get heaps of spin with them I haven't torn one up yet. Not even cart paths can kill them.Performance wise I love them, they spin plenty when i want them to and not when I don't, they are crazy long ALL the time and eat the wind when it's up. Putting wise i think they feel great and respond the same way every putt.
I really hope they keep these great and not try tinker too much for the 2012 models.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]