2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Websites that are "too good to be true" -

profsmitty

I just found this description of a scotty cameron off of IGOLFYOO and it really cracked me up.

"The new Titleist SCOTTY CAMERON Napa California Putter is coming very hot now. It is said these new style putters were sold out soon after it comes out in Japan. We can see that how much the golfers like it. This time, Titleist give all the golfers a big gift befor Christmas. And Titleist never let us down. It is always the favourite brand for golfers. Let's see some detail features as blow"

I came across http://www.customizegolf.com when looking for a set of MP68. Seems to be the fake - even include actual pictures of clubs they are selling

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

• 4 weeks later...

Guy at work told me about golfclubshow.com

How about some AP2's for $350, a 2010 My Girl for $200, or a CG 15 for $69. Gotta be real stuff, right???

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[url="http://www.complaintsboard.com/byurl/cheapgolfforsale.com.html"]www.cheapgolfforsale.com[/url]

Confirmed fake stuff: [url="http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/selling-fake-goods-c422183.html#c917528"]http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/selling-fake-goods-c422183.html#c917528[/url]

Guys. Don't be stupid. If it's too good to be true, it is!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just come across your forum...wish I had of found it before I ordered a club from wholesalegolf118.com !!!!

Nothing delivered yet...so no idea if I will receive a fake item or nothing at all ??

OK so I should have seen the signs etc...but hey, it looked pretty convincing...

BIG lesson learnt...and have just got off the phone to my credit card company...so all is not lost...

It will mean some forms to fill in etc...and lots of details to send them...but hey, if it gets my money back, then worth doing.

And as I said already...BIG LESSON LEARNT....

Well, sursprise surprise...just had a delivery...
Chinese markings all over the box...and as I mentioned in previous post...already spoken to credit card company...
With that in mind, I wasn't too disapointed to find a pretty poor imitation club in the box !!!
Head cover not the right colours, tag is pathetic, club itself is pretty poor...
On the delivery note, it gives a customs declaration of "Gift - Driver $19.50"
$19.50 = £11.77 err...thats no where near the £77 I paid...

Thankfully I can 'joke' about it slightly...but, hands up, I did aid their business by ordering from them...

I am now armed with not only a fake club, but also lots of documentation, delivery notes etc etc to pass on to relevant authorities.

Hopefully more people will read your forum and NOT be caught out as I was....

I recently purchased a set of Callaway Razr X irons off ebay, from someone named KSouth9, who has over 3000 positive feedback. Once I ran the serial number check through Callaway they turned out to be fakes! Goes to show, you can't trust any of these private/individual sellers on ebay, its not worth the risk. Crazy thing is, the guy refused to believe they were fake, even with the Callaway proof they were fakes...almost like he didn't believe it himself. He kept telling me 'they are genuine, believe me...' Yeah right, like I'm going to take his word over Callaway's! I paid $130 customs taxes when they arrived, now ebay expect me to send them back which will cost me another $150. I'll lose close to $300 on these counterfeit clubs. The guy said he had some sort of official Callaway document that showed they were real, but as yet hasn't shown me any proof.

Crazy thing is, even after leaving my feedback to say they were fakes, people are still buying stuff from him, and leaving positive feedback?! Are they all crazy? I'm guessing almost ALL his Callaway stuff is fake.

Following my previous 2 post regarding my 'Fake' club purchase...
I have demanded a refund from them, there has been an exchange of e-mails, they started by offering me a £5.00 'good will' refund...further e-mails, etc etc, the latest offer today was for £25.00...and they say I should send the item back to China.
I have sent digi photo's of the club to Ping, they have confirmed it is a fake...no shock there...and have sent me a letter proving it is counterfeit etc to send off to my credit card company for a refund. They also requested I send the fake club to them for disposal.
Very likely to get a refund back from my credit card company...but I am still pursuing a refund from wholesalegolf118.com aswell.
Having got this far, I am not going to let it go.

Keep ya posted...

I always ask 'em it their clubs can be authenticated, and if they will provide a serial number . Their answers always tell me the truth. My last encounter was on a set of Diablo Edge irons, and the vendor, 'ExremeGolfHeadquarters' replied by saying "If it is that important to you, I suggest you go to your local pro so and buy them. They are not that much more expensive there." So I know they were fake (he never denied it), but at least he gave me the answer I was looking for.

Besides, I am a believer in supporting the Mom-Pop shops and local indy golf pros whenever possible.

sc

[quote name='smith5606' timestamp='1251429485' post='1918837']
I know that I am not keeping up the list as well as I would like but the sites keep popping up faster than they can be identified. Feel free to add questionable sites to this thread. It's probably not much but if it keeps one person from wasting their money, it's worth it.
[/quote]

Apparently, the "SUNOGOLF" website was shut down by Homeland security, but it has resurfaced as "GOLFSUNO." They are still advertising Taylor Made Burner 2.0 iron sets for $380 adn R11 drivers for $180. At these prices they have tobe counterfits!! However I ask this question

Q. If TM and Callaway are getting their components made in China and if the Chinese Counterfitters are using the same components, whose to say they are any worse than the real deal???? Can someone enlighten me?

ken

This is an oldie but goodie article from '03

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,464468-4,00.html

i remembered reading somewhere that there are only 2-3 foundry in the world that handles the special metal uses for casting golf heads, one being in Taiwan, the others in china (enviromental reasons pretty much drove them out of US).
so that being said, most cast irons are from china so there's a good chance some one got their hands on an old mold die and used it to make cally/tm knockoffs.

Add www.golfmartdiscount.com to the list. An idiotic friend from Denver whom I tried to convince to buy an authentic R11 driver from my club pro as he liked my R11 driver that I got fitted at Kingdom. He thought he could find one online cheaply, got it couple weeks ago and didn't tell me as I would've told him that it's not a real one. The red sole plate broke off on the very first hit so he called TM, they told him he got a counterfeit one so he's out $199.

If any new club prices are too good to be true such as around 50% or so off retail price, don't buy it.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Just a little update....I contacted buycheapgolf online and requested a driver with specs that are not on the web site (8.5 Titleist with x-stiff project-X). You would not believe the response. I had to LOL

[quote]Hi, Thanks for your interest in Titleist 910D3 driver in 8.5 degree.In fact,most of customers react that 8.5 degree is not so good so we do not stock them now.To the contrary,it is a great market for 9.5 and 10.5 degree and customers like them very much.So we recommend that you should have a try with 9.5 or 10.5.If you have any needs and problems,please dont hesitate to contact us . Looking forward to your reply.[/quote]

Recommend I have a "try" with the 9.5 or 10.5 because that's what's carried? Needless to say I replied with a rather forward email that I probably shouldn't share. :P

[quote name='Cody4' timestamp='1296447566' post='2938986']
How about Putterbuy.com? I don't see anything in left-handed and a lot of the stuff is priced really low.
[/quote]

[size="4"][b]Putterbuy.com = Too good to be true[/b][/size]

Yesterday I chat with Fiona on Putterbuy hotline shoutbox. I just asked her to provide me with detailed information on Putterbuy.com and see what she said: (sorry for my poor english ...)

[quote][b]Fiona 17:33:47[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]Hello, how may I help you?[/color]

[b]Me 17:34:18[/b]
Hello, I would have some information on putterbuy.com before buying stuff

[b]Me 17:35:43[/b]
Nobody around me knows your website, so I would like to know where your company is based and have some real information before billing anything.

[b]Fiona 17:35:44[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]hi[/color]

[b]Me 17:35:49[/b]
Hi
[b]
Me 17:35:58[/b]
Do you understand ?

[b]Fiona 17:36:14[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]we are based in UK.[/color]

[b]Me 17:36:45[/b]
Good, can you give me some more detailed information that I can verify please ?

[b]Fiona 17:38:18[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]we have done business for five years and we are a legit company[/color]

[b]Me 17:38:56[/b]
Well so if you are a legit company you could give me some more detailed information, no ?

[b]Me 17:39:34[/b]
Me and some people around me are interested in buying putter from putterbuy.com

[b]Me 17:40:45[/b]
but as nobody has never buy anything to you and the fact that on the Internet there are no other people that review your shop, we are asking you for some information. I guess you understand ?

[b]Fiona 17:41:32[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]we are based in UK and our clubs are directly from original factory with serial numbers.[/color]

[b]Fiona 17:41:40[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]All of our products enjoy a 30 days return policy and a half year warranty.[/color]

[b]Me 17:42:30[/b]
Well we have ever read it on your website, we are asking for information that we can trust and verify...

[b]Me 17:43:03[/b]
Where are you ? What's your address for instance ?

[b]Me 17:43:23[/b]
What's the number of your enterprise ?
[b]
Me 17:43:42[/b]
Anything tha can help us ?

[b]Fiona 17:44:22[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]we only do online business. and the call center is not available till now, sorry.[/color]

[b]Me 17:44:49[/b]
Well Fiona you don't convince me...
[b]
Fiona 17:45:19[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]these are all the inforamtion we can offer.[/color]

[b]Me 17:45:33[/b]
What ?

[b]Me 17:45:59[/b]
You can't tell me what is your address ?
[b]
Me 17:46:09[/b]
kidding ?

[b]Fiona 17:46:34[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]cuz according to rule of our company, we don't need to provide the physical address.[/color]

[b]Me 17:46:52[/b]
You don't need but if we ask you can, no ?

[b]Me 17:47:18[/b]
You don't have anything to hide if you are right

[b]Fiona 17:48:49[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]sorry, no. we have regular customers never been asked these questions before.[/color]

[b]Me 17:50:25[/b]
But how do we know that you are not going to take our money and send nothing more ?

[b]Me 17:50:38[/b]
Nobody is speaking of you on the internet

[b]Me 17:50:48[/b]
saying that your a great shop

[b]Me 17:51:04[/b]
you are on the internet for five years as you said

[b]Me 17:51:40[/b]
so if customers where satisfy with your shop, they would have tell it somewhere like in the golf forums ?

[b]Fiona 17:52:01[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]we charge the payment by credit card, if we don't send you the item you can contact your card company to stop the payment.[/color]

[b]Me 17:52:59[/b]
this is not a guarantee

[b]Me 17:53:25[/b]
What can you give me that I can trust and verify on your shop ?

[b]Fiona 17:56:31[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]30 days return policy is the garantee.[/color]

[b]Me 17:56:39[/b]
If you are serious you can tell me your address or some details that prove your existence

[b]Me 17:56:49[/b]
lol

[b]Fiona 17:57:08[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]if you shop online like this, I'm afraid you have got many troubles on shopping.[/color]

[b]Me 17:57:35[/b]
Well I have shopped many times on trusted shops...

[b]Me 17:57:48[/b]
Amazon for instance
[b]
Me 17:57:51[/b]
Ebay

[b]Me 17:57:57[/b]

[b]Me 17:58:24[/b]
I always haa access to information on sellers

[b]Me 17:58:45[/b]
trusted shops tell their address

[b]Me 17:59:33[/b]
for instance : The GolfWorks | 4820 Jacksontown Rd | PO Box 3008 | Newark OH 43058-3008 Toll Free: 1-800-848-8358 | Email: [email protected] | International: 740-328-4193 | International Service: [email protected]

[b]Me 18:00:04[/b]
and I can put many more golf shops where I have bought some good stuff

[b]Me 18:00:37[/b]
They always have a place on their webpage where they show their corporate information...

[b]Me 18:00:46[/b]
Why you didn't ?

[b]Fiona 18:01:08[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]If any further needs, please feel free to contact us. See you later! Bye![/color]
[/quote]

It speaks for itself ...

And a few minutes later, I try the shoutbox on a similar website with same price for Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0: golfstore365.com

[size="4"][b]golfstore365.com [/b][/size][size="4"][b]= Too good to be true

[/b][/size]Same Fiona and same answer :

[quote][b]Fiona 18:03:48[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]Hello, how may I help you?
[/color]
[b]Me 18:03:54[/b]
lol

[b]Me 18:04:25[/b]
are you golfstore365 too ?

[b]Fiona 18:04:48[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]yes[/color]

[b]Me 18:04:58[/b]
incredible

[b]Me 18:05:54[/b]
well golfstore365 is on the internet for five years too ?

[b]Fiona 18:05:59[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]yes[/color]

[b]Me 18:06:21[/b]
and you can't tell me your address or some information on you that I can verify ?

[b]Fiona 18:12:07[/b]
[color="#0000FF"]no sorry[/color][/quote]

Same BS

Hope this helped.

• 3 weeks later...

[size="2"]Add ourdiscountgolf.com ... I just received Taylormade R7 CGB MAX 5 Fairway wood and found the following;
[/size][size="2"]1. The MWT 10g weight is made with plastic[/size]

[size="2"]2. The head appears made with cast iron, Not titanium. I am making this determination because the other Taylormade R7 CGB Max 3 fairway wood that I own does not stick to magnetic yet their club does.[/size]

[size="2"]3. Their club does not have serial number[/size]

[size="2"]4. The workmanship of your club is not as good as my CGB 3 wood that I have. I am making this determination because their club has very sharp edges around the corners where my CGB 3 wood doesn't[/size]

[size="2"]5. The torque wrench doesn't torque [/size]

Is golfclubs.com okay?

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq White 6F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w VA Baddazz 70X

Titleist T100 ‘21 4-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Vokey 46* w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

[b]oobgolfclubs[/b].com should be added to the list.

I recently ordered and paid for a set of Ping irons only to receive their apology the next day because "the factory ran out of supply." -enough said I knew i was in trouble. I was then offered -and told -repeatedly to change irons.

When I informed that I did not want any other type or model of irons, [b][u]I was told I would lose 8% of the money I paid[/u] [/b]because their company incurred fees for processing the order. When I pointed out the stupidity of the situation, and the dim witted business approach they took, it made no difference. In fact their understanding of english seem to get worse.

I pointed out that I would love to be in a business where I could advertise and sell items I did not have and make 8% for nothing!
Even George Costanza couldn't make this up............

These idiots NEVER answered a question directly. In fact on three emails of the seven exchanged they signed off as representatives for okgolfclubs.com not oobgolfclubs.com. I had no doubt in my mind that had the order gone through I would receive a set of "Gings" Model i115's

When I saw that my card was processed from and African/Chinese company I got scared & settled for me paying 4% and getting my money returned after 6 days ( which was going to be "Immediately")

Unless you still expect to get money left under your pillow after you get your teeth kicked out- RUN AWAY FROM WEBSITE AS FAST AS YOUR FINGERS CAN CARRY YOU!

wait. wait. second thought .....................................................................
Are you in the market for a set of Ping i15's?
Just send me of whatever you think is fair & I'll send you back to 92% of your money immediately (but it might take 6 days)

oobgolfclubs.com complete idots!