2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Nike 380 Head

Release Date
I was offered one of the 380 Dymo heads (9.5 I believe) last week.. I turned it down as I've pretty much decided on playing my Ping Rapture V2 7.5 loft for the season.. Plus when I compared them before the 380 was nice but not up to the Rapture.. The cost was pretty reasonable at $349 (a premium for the white board that was in it I suppose)..

What was interesting was I was told by this individual (not a no nothing rep. but someone who knows--he was the one that offered me the club) that Nike has decided to release this model next February for production...

If Tiger doesn't win something big with it they will probably have a dust collector on their hands... They needed to get it out (of course in the 10.5 model) after last week... But alas after this week the desire will go cold again..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No NIke is pretty firm on their release dates, I doubt a Duval win would do anything to that date.. They just don't have production heads...

And for the thousandth time---I have access to prototype equipment (some that never sees the light of day) and that is it... I can keep it and use it, or keep it and not use it, or return it (the only three options with about 8 OEMs). What I can not do is sell it PERIOD. Doing so would instantly cancel any access I have to this equipment for that company on the spot.. I'm sure a person could get away with selling it for a while but many of these companies buy a lot of this proto stuff just to see where it came from.. Pros are different as the stuff they have they can do what they want with it. So many give the stuff to their caddy to make a little extra money.. Although even that is beginning to be scrutinized by the higher ups at these companies... One of the big problems is breakage and how the company choses to address a broken club.. Most just replace it with something that is on sale presently and tell the consumer he bought a pre production piece which had not been approved for retail---essentially tough beans.. So if you pay some ungodly sum like $1500 for a driver and it breaks you will get a $300 replacement most of the time without the proto shaft that is in a lot of these clubs..

..Traded them in on a Nike 380 Dymo the other day..

I remembered a few days ago you stated you traded some X forged irons for a 380, now say you just turned one down. Do you or do you not have one or access to one? Quite frankly the conficting statements make me question the validity of your entire post. I have read others who have said this clearly will not be coming to retail, anytime now or in the future. I do not understand the mystery.

Surely Nike knows there will be a small niche market for this whether Tiger wins with it or not.

I was offered one of the 380 Dymo heads (9.5 I believe) last week.. I turned it down as I've pretty much decided on playing my Ping Rapture V2 7.5 loft for the season.. Plus when I compared them before the 380 was nice but not up to the Rapture.. The cost was pretty reasonable at $349 (a premium for the white board that was in it I suppose)..

What was interesting was I was told by this individual (not a no nothing rep. but someone who knows--he was the one that offered me the club) that Nike has decided to release this model next February for production...

If Tiger doesn't win something big with it they will probably have a dust collector on their hands... They needed to get it out (of course in the 10.5 model) after last week... But alas after this week the desire will go cold again..

Time for some popcorn, this thread might get interesting! :partytime2:

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

I remembered a few days ago you stated you traded some X forged irons for a 380, now say you just turned one down. Do you or do you not have one or access to one? Quite frankly the conficting statements make me question the validity of your entire post. I have read others who have said this clearly will not be coming to retail, anytime now or in the future. I do not understand the mystery.

Surely Nike knows there will be a small niche market for this whether Tiger wins with it or not.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

People that want to lie to look good are making this place look like BSG, which is not what it is.

I bet Nike flew Rob Burbick or Mike Taylor out to your local club to fit you for a driver, but you said "nah, I dont want one." Hell, they probably just drove the tour van out to your club with Wally and the whole staff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Little razzle dazzle for one of the best innerclub players in the county. Go lurk where people will "ooooohhhh" and "aaaaahhhhhh" over the stories you can come up with.

I talked to the Nike rep for my club just days ago asking about the release of the 380, and he said they still don't know yet. I honestly believe there is no market for a 380cc driver with TaylorMade and Callaway pumping big money in to advertising their driver is the longest and the straightest. The average player are what make all the company's their money, there is a small market for people under 10 handicaps.

I talked to the Nike rep for my club just days ago asking about the release of the 380, and he said they still don't know yet. I honestly believe there is no market for a 380cc driver with TaylorMade and Callaway pumping big money in to advertising their driver is the longest and the straightest. The average player are what make all the company's their money, there is a small market for people under 10 handicaps.

Sales meeting started today, Ill have your answer by Thursday. Along with when the new putter will ship.

My money is on a 380 coming out in the future...
My money is on Tiger switching to whatever Nike, scotty copy, who copied Karsten in the first place, putter that Glover was roastin The Black with.....  

Yeah though, Im sure they can sell enough 380s to make it worth it.  Probably do it special order, etc..  Bridgestone sold a few 375cc spin monsters!

Sales meeting started today, Ill have your answer by Thursday. Along with when the new putter will ship.

Thank you so much for the info. I cannot wait to hear more info about this putter and the 380cc driver.

Traded the irons in on a 380, but the rep. had to have it back as he wasn't allowed to sell that one, why he didn't know that I can't say.. That is where I got the comparison to the Rapture for a few days also in the post... Then I was offered one for sale that wasn't a a reps. club (by the way this wasn't the normal rep. for stores---that information will probably get me tossed off their list because only a select few had these heads initially... This rep. was a regular store rep. who had gotten one of these heads to sell for this store... I believe the store did take it and sold it to one of the top college players in the area.

By the way in the spirit of keeping you totally up to date I just kept credit on the iron trade in. I just had a Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwich at Panera. Then I went to the driving range.. Then I went to play Cherry Hills in Englewood. I might go see the movie "Hangover" tonight but I'm not sure but I will keep you up to date when I decide.

who cares!!!

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

TM Qi10 max 16 

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max Blue Head Tpt shaft 34/71

let me know if you rep friends need any lefties to try out their protos

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Nike should release the 380 to retail as special order this year! To Fitting accounts only if they wish.

The Sumo2 TOUR was sold in that manner, and was just used to win the U.S. Open.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

A Store Rep had a 380 head on hand to sell to a store? interesting.

A store rep. did not have a head on hand to sell to "a store".. This store has had and continues to have a good relationship with the higher ups at Nike (we've spoken indirectly about these people before).. These people have also been very strict about no early releases for anyone else that asks but obviously with the number of pictures out there they have loosened up. The rep. only delivered it to them (he couldn't get one if his life depended on it). For some reason they did not want to ship it direct but wanted it hand delivered---why I don't know but that is what they did.. As the other guy said "who cares"... Perhaps you'd like to confirm or deny the February release date that this rep. was spouting.. Based on Tiger's return to form my guess would be scrap it...

Probably should consider a reissue of the SQ Tour and SQ Tour 2 with that awful noise ala Lucas.. Had to laugh everytime he hit it early on the announcers thought he missed the sweet spot or it broke..

I would think your bosses would be more irritated by the continual posting of pictures on this site and others of a supposed "non available to the public" club (and I'm going way out on a limb saying the people posting the pictures aren't touring pros)... Especially since they don't look like they are going to produce it until February..

I can say in all the time I've "dealt" with Nike they have never shook loose any early equipment.. This would have been the first piece. So if I will be dropped from their early tester list my response would be "so what" I never got anything anyway from them unlike Titleist, Cobra, Callaway, Adams, Taylor Made, and on rare occasions (but more than Nike) Ping..

Are the phones ringing off the hooks with people wanting to play what Lucas Glover played.. OOOppPPs those were previous years models.

Traded the irons in on a 380, but the rep. had to have it back as he wasn't allowed to sell that one, why he didn't know that I can't say.. That is where I got the comparison to the Rapture for a few days also in the post... Then I was offered one for sale that wasn't a a reps. club (by the way this wasn't the normal rep. for stores---that information will probably get me tossed off their list because only a select few had these heads initially... This rep. was a regular store rep. who had gotten one of these heads to sell for this store... I believe the store did take it and sold it to one of the top college players in the area.

By the way in the spirit of keeping you totally up to date I just kept credit on the iron trade in. I just had a Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwich at Panera. Then I went to the driving range.. Then I went to play Cherry Hills in Englewood. I might go see the movie "Hangover" tonight but I'm not sure but I will keep you up to date when I decide.

If the player is that good, Nike would send him one if the coach called Sports Marketing. No big deal. Why would he buy it. And they would not just ship a head, it would be a golf club. Nike doesn't sell components. The sell golf clubs.

If the player is that good, Nike would send him one if the coach called Sports Marketing. No big deal. Why would he buy it. And they would not just ship a head, it would be a golf club. Nike doesn't sell components. The sell golf clubs.

He had checked with his team (#2 player) coach and no soap. Didn't ship a head, it was a complete club with a whiteboard in it.. I think he ptiched that shaft as that was the only thing he didn't like.---kid has muco bucks so a shaft change was a blink..... You would be suprised about companies shjipping components--after the edict was placed on no more long drive Cobra drivers they started shipping heads alone so old David didn't catch on..

He had checked with his team (#2 player) coach and no soap. Didn't ship a head, it was a complete club with a whiteboard in it.. I think he ptiched that shaft as that was the only thing he didn't like.---kid has muco bucks so a shaft change was a blink..... You would be suprised about companies shjipping components--after the

The bs meter is going through the roof on this entire thread, the story continues to evolve and get more interesting with each sandy posting.

By the way sandy, seeing how you jumped on someone the other day with a spelling mistake, I thought I would highlight your latest one so you can edit it out.

its amazing how some people cant just get along, the only thing that is bs is that nike wont release this in lefty like the didnt with the sumo tour

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple