i can't believe another nike staff won.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? Other than Nike marketing. About as useful as how many wins in a row Scotty had. Doesn't do a thing for my game or 99.9% other golfers.

Plus what's up with Ames? Constantly making faces like a nit wit. Real classy chewing gum too---maybe Nike can do something with that. Only thing he didn't do was pick his nose during the interviews.

it funny cause it was ames.. and yes.. nike won again. i am amazed at how well they are doing. Typically.. you get tigers 4-6 wins and a one by one other staffer, like leonard or choi.. but starting with the middle of last year..

of all the major guys on staff. only cink and immelman have yet to win with nike equipment. i really don't expect cook or zinger to contend.

gore, leonard, choi, petersson, ames, woods, cambell, casey. I am sure its all a coincidence but still i have to chuckle.

perhaps cink will win on his home course this week.

I think this is just amazing that Nike could pick staffers to win that many tournaments, just amazing. Does anyone know if this is some kind of record or anything? Amazing, simply amazing.

Who is that Nike staffer who chews gum all the time, it seems like I've heard his name before but I can't seem to remember his name. Anyone? Amazing! :tongue: :)

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

Now I understand why I stay on tsg all the time,with stuff like

I think this is just amazing that Nike could pick staffers to win that many tournaments, just amazing. Does anyone know if this is some kind of record or anything? Amazing, simply amazing.
Who cares? I know several pros who have nike contracts & they think the retail stuff that you all buy is garbage. I don't understand it, I like there ads as much a the next guy but I can tell a quality club when I hit it, You nike ho's need to stop watching nike propaganda & buy some good forged clubs so you can see the error of your ways. :) :tongue:

I know several pros who have nike contracts & they think the retail stuff that you all buy is garbage. I don't understand it, I like there ads as much a the next guy but I can tell a quality club when I hit it, You nike ho's need to stop watching nike propaganda & buy some good forged clubs so you can see the error of your ways. :) :tongue:

couldn't agree more. i went out and got some great forged clubs......oh wait, they were nike pro combos. i guess its not probaganda, but actual results and performance.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

ooohhhh the Nike haters.

Nike makes nice stuff. Remember, they are brand new to golf. How long did it take for the other guys to be top notch with all of their equipment? I would bet in the next couple of years you will see some more high end forged irons and hopefully some decent putters from Nike. Nike is as good as any in the business with their drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and wedges. I somewhat agree with the forged irons being subpar compared to Mizuno or Miura forgings. When the Nike Tour Cavities hit the market next year, I will change my opinion if they make them left handed. There game improvement irons are the best in the business. I am a huge nike fan. They have great customer service and do a great job with there demos days and their reps are nice people.

Oh, and hasn't Nike one most of the events this year? You can say they are junk but they are quality enough equipment to win PGA events. Thats good enough for my game.

I didn't say nike tour stuff is junk, just the retail stuff. I owned a nike wedge when they first came out & the thing was spin proof, it checked up like a thin 3 iron. The "one" gold is even worse, Its short off the tee & won't check like a prov1. If performance like that makes you scream :) then you have been seduced by propaganda. BTW I don't hate nike, they pay other companies to make some great stuff like the kevin burns putters he made for them. :tongue:

:)

Well you knew this thread wasnt going to work out. It is like standing on the corner eye ballin guys as they drive by. You do that in Motown you will get more than a fight.

Yes week after week Nike is on a winning streak. Good for them. Seriously, good for them. I have nothing against Nike. Have lots of goodies, but this thread? Not sure what good is going to come of it. I mean doomed for failure right out of the start...

"LOL.. NIKE DOES IT AGAIN!" That will draw a crowd, Non haters could become haters after to much of that. JMHGO

Forums are made for discussing or debating topics. Everyone has their point of view, some are lovers others are skeptics. I seem to be a skeptic of clubs that are as phil said "inferior". As long as we keep it clean I'm always up for a good debate. So how many tour pros play nike that aren't paid to do so?

Then keep it clean. Taking a backhanded swipe at GolfWRX by announcing why you like to hang at TSG all the time will not exactly win you any style points.

Everyone's mileage varies on how well a brand performs. For example, you couldn't spin a Nike wedge with your swing, I liked the nike wedges so much when they came out that I still have a 54 and 58, they are years ago, and they still spin very well.

Score this thread for the Nike members here, they kept their cool.

Who cares? Other than Nike marketing. About as useful as how many wins in a row Scotty had. Doesn't do a thing for my game or 99.9% other golfers.

Plus what's up with Ames? Constantly making faces like a nit wit. Real classy chewing gum too---maybe Nike can do something with that. Only thing he didn't do was pick his nose during the interviews.

Yeah, maybe Nike should get him together with Woods for a while, then Tiger can teach him how to throw clubs, spit on the greens and curse when he hits a bad shot. Or maybe Duval could teach him how to chew tobacco. Or Rory Sabbatini, where do you start? :)

"Then keep it clean. Taking a backhanded swipe at GolfWRX by announcing why you like to hang at TSG all the time will not exactly win you any style points.

Everyone's mileage varies on how well a brand performs. For example, you couldn't spin a Nike wedge with your swing, I liked the nike wedges so much when they came out that I still have a 54 and 58, they are years ago, and they still spin very well.

Score this thread for the Nike members here, they kept their cool. "

I see they performed so well that you play the vokey spin milled now. I'll score that one for titleist, even though I do not know what I am talking about.

Wow someone doesn't like Nike.

I have found some Nike products work for me and some don't just like most every manufacturer out there.

I think Phil's "inferior equipment" was pointed at the 300cc steel shafted driver when everyone else was playing high tech graphite and drivers above 380cc.

I still have Nike wedges. Again just like DM I find them topnotch. I also don't have them in my number1 bag. Wedges with a tour grind and grooves occupy that spot.

I tried the SQ Tour the other day. Best feeling, best performing 460cc driver i have hit. That is coming from a guy who doesn't get along with 460cc drivers. My buddy who likes 460cc sticks didn't like it, but I didn't see him hating Nike. I didn't go and buy it but I might.

I also didn't get along with the original Nike One. Similar to you I found it short of the tee and not enough spin. I also don't get along with the Platinum. That doesn't make me hate the company. I just go find a ball that I do like. Happens to be a Tourstage ball.

Nike makes solid products. You may not like how they cram it down your throat but their advertising even outside of golf has always been aggressive.

Now tell us why you really hate Nike?

Who makes Nike's clubs? I know Bridgestone makes their balls because i was suppose to tour their plant in Atlanta. I just wonder if it is the same company that makes Taylormade or Callaway or another big company that everyone loves. Because it would be even funnier if Taylormade made their clubs since there are so many taylormade hoes here.

alright, i'm just going to go out there and give my opinions of nike and nike putters:

1. i buy nike equipment because i like the equipment they have. i don't care that tiger plays it, or the ames won the players championship with it, or that rory sabatini plays it or anyone else for that matter. i don't have there game. i have my game, where i fight to keep my spine angle through the shot, fight keeping my hands in front of the club head, fight an out to in swing, and can't read a green to save my life. i can honestly tell everyone on this board that i will never play on the pga tour. i buy the equipment that appeals to me from the technology in it, the appearance and performance and nike has done that.

2. i don't like every nike product. i liked the wedges (both the sv and forged) but wish they had more bounce options. i think vokey and cleveland have spoiled the market with the multiple bounce options for the same loft. i've been pretty disappointed with the nike putters, but as of now only the scotty and yes putters appeal to me, two companies that specialize in putters. i think the slingshots are butt ugly, and i can't hit them to save my life, but they work for a lot of people.

3. nike is still small in the golf world. they've only been at it for 6 - 7 years. i think they've grown quickly in that time, but they are still growing. with more time they will get better and bigger. just a few years ago everyone laughed at the forged ti drivers and now the last two years they've had some of the hottest drivers on the market (ignite & sasquatch). they've got a great line up of balls, and i'm really happy with the addition of the ignite ball, a inexpensive 3 piece ball. does that mean the nike balls are for everyone? no, but does it mean they are bad? no. its like art. its all subjective. some people like it, some don't.

i think its great what nike is doing, breaking the mold in club design. the slingshots are really thinking out of the box. the sasquatch, although for some not the prettiest girl at the prom, she rocks the house. the sasquatch/hi-bore are the future of driver design. the sasquatch is outside the box. nike is taking club design to a whole new level, with all new technologies.

4. "bridgestone makes nike stuff" so? its still nike's design and not bridgestone's. bridgestone also makes precept stuff too. honda makes acuras. toyota makes lexus. ford makes jaguars. whats your point. for that matter, most golf clubs are made in china anyways (even including ping woods and drivers). nike still has tom stites sitting in his office in fort worth, texas designing clubs based on his many years of experience at nike and at ben hogan, and including his time spent with mr. hogan himself.

just because you demoed a nike club and it didn't "perform" for you, doesn't mean nike products are junk. for you to go out there and say that, says more about you as a person, and how narrow minded you are then it does for nike products. to bring up the inferior equipment comment by phil (which begged he question: whats phil gonna do next?), is ignorant on your part, seeing how he was refering to the fact that tiger was playing a "small headed" driver with a steel shaft, a club that wasn't even made by nike.

a number of clubs haven't worked for me. the titliest 735 didn't do anything for me. the 905t was not my brand of vodka. i can't hit any of the titliest woods. the r7 driver is one of the shortest drivers i've ever hit. i can't hit the rac os, rac lt, or rac cgb. i can't stand the looks of any of the calloway clubs. but you know what, i don't think any of these clubs are "junk", they just weren't for me. i don't think titliest is a junk company because i don't care for there woods. i don't think taylormade is a joke because there flagship driver is one of the shortest drivers i've ever hit.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

I hope I will be the last guy to be called a Nike hater. If you do a search I have posted more Nike threads of this site than most. Pictures of all my special goodies. I have given reviews and comparison Pics with the competition etc.

It isn’t Nike it is the approach of the thread that got me going. I personally think it does more harm than good for Nike fans. I think if any of our members put a post that was titled "LOL.. TAYLOR MADE DOES IT AGAIN!" I think that would draw negative press on TM. That is my beef. :) I didn’t loss sleep over it.

As for the equipment. Don’t know a lot, but know some. I have been told Endo forges the Pro Combos and Joe Kwok has bent them and given great reports for softness. Nike makes premium prototypes that are Miura Forged. Designed by Tom Sites. I can say that both the Pro combos and Split cavity backs are some of my favorite iron heads. SQ designs are very progressive, sort of cutting edge like TM drivers. USGA passed MOI rulings close to the time the SQ was introduced. I would say Nike is pushing the envelope. You could give great reviews on their premium ball as well as their fairway woods etc.

hi all:all this bickering is pointless,just use what ever equipment fits your game regardless of brand.i will say this though nike is relatively new to golf so cut them some slack.most every golf company makes high and low end stuff and i'm here to tell you just because a club is way more $$$$$ than another doesn't mean it is going to play better for everyone.finally in my opinion nike has so many staff players in the short time they've been in the the golf business because they are a huge company in the world of sports and can afford to take a risk in golf and with staff pro's and if it doesn't work out it won't be as big a loss as it would be for a smaller company.p.s.to me it realy doesn't make a differance what brand of equipment the pro's use because they all have their clubs altered in some way to the specs they like.just my 2 cents worth,thanks :)

What happened? I thought Cobra were the brillant ones for picking fantastic young players. Holmes, Villegas, Poulter, Ogilvy, Na etc. etc. In spite of all his silly faces he didn't remotely match Poulter and his fit with his club.

Help me remember is this the same Ames that Tiger beat 9 and 8 a little while ago or is that another Ames :) If he and Tiger decide to play at the Masters maybe he can fire Tiger up---seems to be pretty good at that.