You're all Suckers (those of you who buy the "newest" equipment every year)

OnFire

the op didn't offend me. i laughed, actually. there is a grain of truth in some of what he says. but some of us like new equipment for the sake of the equipment itself. i used to say, my bag is finally set. now i know better. lol

yes, he could have phrased it a bit more diplomatically and yes he sounded angry...dare i say jealous?

anyway...he didn't offend me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that I look pretty cool when I pull that BIG 'ol black and yellow Bridgestone staff bag outta my Mustang....but that's not why I bought it. I bought it cause I like it. I bought all my sh*t cause I like it. I don't buy stuff to impress anybody else. Maybe I could score the same with some Northwestern's from the mid 1980's, but I DON'T LIKE THEM!!!

Like Jerry Rice once said "When I look good, I play good." That's why I wear proper golf attire and bag nice sticks in a nice bag. Not cause I want you to think I'm cool, but because it makes me feel good about myself.

I didn't buy my Mustang GT or my Suzuki GSXR wheeled rocket to impress you either...I bought them cause they are fast...and going fast makes me feel gooey inside. I like that.

Alot of guys on this forum blast people who use staff bags. They call us "posers." I haven't stopped using it cause I don't give two shakes of a bat's arse what they think of me and my bag. Don't worry about me man, I'll be fine.

Proud of you Mustang, are you?

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

the op didn't offend me. i laughed, actually. there is a grain of truth in some of what he says. but some of us like new equipment for the sake of the equipment itself. i used to say, my bag is finally set. now i know better. lol

yes, he could have phrased it a bit more diplomatically and yes he sounded angry...dare i say jealous?

anyway...he didn't offend me.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

True, I should have posted it differently (the MGCM are a bunch of scam artists, perhaps?)

I think that was what I was really trying to say. I think there are some fat cats that are so totally laughing their arses off right now - the ones who own the Major makers.

Well, considering I'm an undergrad student with a major in poli-sci and minor in history, I could use all the help I can get, thanks! I just find it funny on a course when I see some hack come up next to me with $1k+ in his bag and he couldn't buy a decent shot if his life depended on it. But, that's the point, right? Now, you Westchester, higher-than-thou, yuppie, did daddy give you a six figure trust fund for that Ivy-League education you wasted? :black eye:

You need to stop being so bitter man. If you're still in college you really shouldn't expect to have the clubs that alot of people on here have. I only had decent clubs when I was in college because I worked my tail off and used my discount I got at the pro shop I worked at. I have gotten a job now and have money to spend on golf clubs and that is my choice and my right. You really need to check yourself because you came on here and attacked basically everyone on this site and you are going to get lit up for doing it. Just wait til more people see this tomorrow and even more people criticize your comments. The people on here work hard to make money and they can spend it on golf clubs if they want to.

BTW you may want to get used to buying cheap golf equipment if you're going to get a poli-sci/history degree.

I have to admit that I look pretty cool when I pull that BIG 'ol black and yellow Bridgestone staff bag outta my Mustang....but that's not why I bought it. I bought it cause I like it. I bought all my sh*t cause I like it. I don't buy stuff to impress anybody else. Maybe I could score the same with some Northwestern's from the mid 1980's, but I DON'T LIKE THEM!!!

Like Jerry Rice once said "When I look good, I play good." That's why I wear proper golf attire and bag nice sticks in a nice bag. Not cause I want you to think I'm cool, but because it makes me feel good about myself.

I didn't buy my Mustang GT or my Suzuki GSXR wheeled rocket to impress you either...I bought them cause they are fast...and going fast makes me feel gooey inside. I like that.

Alot of guys on this forum blast people who use staff bags. They call us "posers." I haven't stopped using it cause I don't give two shakes of a bat's arse what they think of me and my bag. Don't worry about me man, I'll be fine.

Love it to death!!! I just wish it had about 200 more horsepower....someday it will reach its full potential. Why, are you impressed?

One question to the OP. Why do you think people who can afford to have nice things didn't work their butt off to get them? I know that I took huge risk and worked extremely hard when choosing my career. I'm probably not much older than you but through hard work I have some pretty darn nice things. I chose my career based on passion rather than money and left after over 3 years of being a double engineering major to start at the bottom of the golf industry. To me you do sound bitter and jealous of people with nice things.

It's such a scam that the major golf club manufacturers come out with the "newest," "longest," and "greatest" things every year and so many of you are just being taken for it the whole way. Case in point: Today, I brought out a TM TP Burner and an (my) old Adams Ovation driver with a dent in it that I got out of the back of the Golfsmith because they chucked it. I was creaming the ball and both drivers were equal (and my Ovation was farther by several yards on some). I also have some oldschool Spaulding Greg Norman blades I got at Goodwill for about $13 and I can play the ball so good. So I don't get why so many of you are being (gladly) worked. Is it just so you can look cool, rich and hip? I don't get it.

(And for the record, the Cameron in my bag I payed $30 for and only because the "seemore" dots work for me, and the rest of my set, almost entirely I purchased at thrift stores). :D

your bag sucks. I have a half eaten pizza in my garbage if you want it.

Was that really necessary. Same way him not spending money doesn't make him better than anyone your much more expensive bag doesn't make you better either.

I thought it was pretty funny actually. I don't need to be called a sucker or put down because I like to buy new clubs. I'm sure most people on this site would agree with me. I was a joke after all!

I will do the original poster one better....today I went out with a broom handle I found in the garage....stole a butter knife and taped it to the bottom..average drive was 265 carry....sank every putt within 30 feet...wore my old football cleats from high school....shot 65 in gusting winds.......and didn't even pay as I worked off greens fees by washing each range ball by hand.

Who's the real winner now baby!!!

lol

2024 Bag TBD

Well, considering I'm an undergrad student with a major in poli-sci and minor in history, I could use all the help I can get, thanks! I just find it funny on a course when I see some hack come up next to me with $1k+ in his bag and he couldn't buy a decent shot if his life depended on it. But, that's the point, right? Now, you Westchester, higher-than-thou, yuppie, did daddy give you a six figure trust fund for that Ivy-League education you wasted? :black eye:

You need to stop being so bitter man. If you're still in college you really shouldn't expect to have the clubs that alot of people on here have. I only had decent clubs when I was in college because I worked my tail off and used my discount I got at the pro shop I worked at. I have gotten a job now and have money to spend on golf clubs and that is my choice and my right. You really need to check yourself because you came on here and attacked basically everyone on this site and you are going to get lit up for doing it. Just wait til more people see this tomorrow and even more people criticize your comments. The people on here work hard to make money and they can spend it on golf clubs if they want to.

BTW you may want to get used to buying cheap golf equipment if you're going to get a poli-sci/history degree.

Are you seriously that thin-skinned that my OP offended you that much? You need to get your nose broken or something. Go out to a bar and get into a brawl or something, it would do wonders for you. :man_in_love:JK.

Seriously, I just think the club market is a scam, that's all. It's so obvious that these guys are taking everyone for a ride. To be fair, yes the clubs now are light years ahead of what we used to play, but didn't they like, max out a few years ago? I just get offended when I open my Golf Digest and see all these weasels pulling all this fraud.

BTW, the poli-sci degree amounts to toilet paper if that's where you stop. It's one step for me.

:cheesy:

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

I played hockey with (former) Mayor Randy Kelly's son and am good friends with the family. I live several blocks from Sheriff Bob Fletcher and am best friends with his very good friend. My dear friend worked on Senator Norm Coleman's victory six years ago. I am so connected, but I am, yes, *gasp* middle-class. :tongue: Political science is a joke, but American law is so sophisticated; so complex it's madening. But hey, that's what I love, and I was never good at math. Media (i.e., propaganda) is really where it's at though. ;) Communications or media marketing...so I could master/edit phony ads in GD and sell more golf clubs for the CEO. :lol:

I live two door down from Boss Hog....and am good friends with Barney Fife....

PS: I'll put some more pics up of my stuff (start a WITB thread) when I get the chance. Believe it or not, some of the older stuff I get looks so classy; I think it has superb character. In fact I would consider myself a bit of a collector.

Also, I got a "new" Cleveland 900 series RTG 56 degree I put in the bag tonight for $7. Went out (I golf for FREE on my local muni because I know pretty much every kid that works there :D ) and was 9 for 9 in GIR. Had about four 3 putts though. The Cameron is not paying dividends...yet.

Love it to death!!! I just wish it had about 200 more horsepower....someday it will reach its full potential. Why, are you impressed?

No solid rear axles suck. I'll take my M6 any day.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

I played hockey with (former) Mayor Randy Kelly's son and am good friends with the family. I live several blocks from Sheriff Bob Fletcher and am best friends with his very good friend. My dear friend worked on Senator Norm Coleman's victory six years ago. I am so connected, but I am, yes, *gasp* middle-class. :tongue: Political science is a joke, but American law is so sophisticated; so complex it's madening. But hey, that's what I love, and I was never good at math. Media (i.e., propaganda) is really where it's at though. ;) Communications or media marketing...so I could master/edit phony ads in GD and sell more golf clubs for the CEO. :lol:

I live two door down from Boss Hog....and am good friends with Barney Fife....

Wow, good for you. :rolleyes: Too bad you don't have any real power, huh?

OK. This thread has now gone from flame bait to name dropping. We're done. :wave:

:hi: