Nike Forged Blades: Tiger Woods Limited Edition

Yellow Jacket

Should I buy these?
I've been thinking about getting some blades and the shafts are right...but $600 is a lot of money when I could get a used set for half that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7229604401

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO...worthless set of irons... nothing even similar to what he plays which makes them worthless. Go buy the normal blades for less then half that if you want to experiment.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

"Product Information:

These irons are the Tiger Woods Limited Edition Irons and are built to Tiger Woods specifications. They also include GP Full Cord Grips and the Tiger Woods Logo on the rear side of the irons. If you have any questions please call toll free: 1-888-477-3444 "

Ha ha. We are NOT Tiger Woods!

I agree with Johnny also, i would not buy them to play with them, if you wanted to buy them as a collectible to see if they might be worth something one day, that would be different.

There is a set for sale here at a store for $999.00, so i guess you would be paying less than MSRP. was, but like stated, if you are looking for something to dink around with, i would not make it these. If you did decide to buy them to keep mint, the minute you hit them they would not be worth anything.

I have a brand new set of 681 T's in the original box, i would like to play them, but the minute i do, they are going to be worth as much. Your call.

"Product Information:

These irons are the Tiger Woods Limited Edition Irons and are built to Tiger Woods specifications. They also include GP Full Cord Grips and the Tiger Woods Logo on the rear side of the irons. If you have any questions please call toll free: 1-888-477-3444 "

Ha ha. We are NOT Tiger Woods!

I think they mean 1 deg upright, X100 shafts and Tour Velvet Cord grips with the logo down. Most scratch or better amateurs should be able to hit that.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I think they mean 1 deg upright, X100 shafts and Tour Velvet Cord grips with the logo down. Most scratch or better amateurs should be able to hit that.

Tigers X100s are tipped quite a bit. I believe it is two inches. That is a lot of shaft. They are quite nice looking though. I saw them at the PGA show two years ago. I still don't think I could put them in the bag (even if the shafts weren't WAY too stiff for me). Everyone that saw them would think that I thought I was as good as Tiger:) We have all seen the guy. You get paired at the first tee and he has everything in the bag that Tiger has. Hits it like crap all day and blames the wind, the greens or anything but his swing. I can't say much though...These days I am lucky to shoot under 75...

The only cool thing about those irons is that they are a limited edition of 2004 pcs. But if you're buying them as a collectible, then you're not going to hit them.

They obviously didn't garner much interest, since MANY sets have gone NIB on eBay for much less than the original street price. I bought a set for $500. $599 isn't a bad price, if you want them for display, or POSSIBLY a long-term collectible value (??).

What's not cool is that, like the Titleist 'T' stamp, the only thing that makes them "Tiger" is that they have his shaft specs. The head is very different from what Tiger plays, muscle-wise, grind-wise. These irons are just retail Nike blades with the TW stamp...

I would think that SOMEDAY, Nike (or whoever) will forge a limited set of irons to Tiger's actual specs - with they VERY high COG, his personal grind, etc. Otherwise, what's the point. You can put a TW stamp on Slingshots, but it doesn't make them "Tiger's irons".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• 2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Discussion and Links to all photos
      Please put any questions or Comments here

General Albums

2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2023 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3

WITB Albums

Justin Thomas - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Michael Herrera - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Michael Block - SoCal PGA Section Champ - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Carl Yuan - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open
      Joey Vrzich - WITB - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open

Pullout Albums

New Taylor-Made putters - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open

• 3 replies
    • 2023 The American Express - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comment here

General Albums

2023 The American Express - Monday #1
      2023 The American Express - Monday #2

WITB Albums

Justin Lower - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Caleb Surratt - WITB - 2023 The American Express
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2023 The American Express

Pullout Albums

New Cameron putter - 2023 The American Express
      Cameron putters - - 2023 The American Express
      New Bettinardi prototype putters - 2023 The American Express
      New L.A.B. Golf LINK.1 putter - 2023 The American Express
      New Evnroll putters - 2023 The American Express
      Jimmy Walker testing the Axis prototype putter - 2023 The American Express
      Cameron CT Baller Boy covers - 2023 The American Express
      Richy Werenski's Cameron Timeless putter - 2023 The American Express
      Graphite Design - CQ 6 & CQ 7 shafts - 2023 The American Express
      Titleist TRS hybrids - 2023 The American Express

• 11 replies
    • In-hand photos of 2023 TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus, Stealth 2, Stealth 2 HD drivers + fairways woods
      Check out our front page launch stories here and here. 

What you need to know: For the first time, carbon is the most prevalent material by volume in a TaylorMade driver, and more carbon equals better performance, says the company. Last year, TaylorMade debuted a 60X Carbon Twist Face. With TaylorMade Stealth 2, engineers are bringing carbon to more of the golf club — and unveiling a new-and-improved Carbon Twist Face in the process. Stealth 2 Plus (low spin, most workable) Stealth 2, and Stealth 2 HD (draw bias, high launch, most forgiving) drivers make up the Stealth 2 family.

Stealth 2 

Stealth 2 Plus

Stealth 2 HD

What you need to know: Breakthrough movable weight technologies and versatile designs are the hallmarks of the 2023 TaylorMade Stealth 2 fairway woods. Stealth 2 Plus is branded as “three fairway woods in one” owing to the unique performance characteristics afforded by the 50-gram sole weight. Stealth 2 features a slightly lower profile 3D carbon crown than Stealth. This moves CG down and away from the toe with more weight in the rear of the club for higher launch and MOI. Ultra-high MOI Stealth 2 HD features an oversized 200cc head and low-profile sole, creating an easy-to-hit, draw-biased club.

Stealth 2 fairway

Stealth 2 Plus fairway

• Thanks
      • 47 replies
    • 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions - Discussion
      Please put any equipment questions or comments here

More albums will be added tomorrow

General Albums

2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions at Kapalua – Tues. Pt. 1

WITB Albums

Jon Rahm mini WITB (w/ new Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond driver and fairway woods) – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Ryan Brehm WITB – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions

Pullout Albums

SuperStroke Limited Edition Hawaii Collection covers and grips – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Collin Morikawa's new TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus driver and 3 wood – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Xander Schauffele's new Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond driver – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Xander Schauffele's Odyssey Toulon "XS Proto" mallet putter – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      New Odyssey White Hot Versa and Tri-Hot 5K putters – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Sungjae Im's Scotty Cameron Tourtype F-5 proto putter (with new SuperStroke Zenergy 1.0 PT grip) – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions
      Scottie Scheffler's new TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus driver and Stealth 2 fairway wood – 2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions

• Thanks
      • 82 replies
    • 2022 PNC Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here

General Albums

2022 PNC Championship - Thursday
      2022 PNC Championship - Friday #1
      2022 PNC Championship - Friday #2

WITB Albums 

Nelly Korda - WITB - 2022 PNC Championship
      John Daly, II - WITB - 2022 PNC Championship
      Tiger Woods - WITB - 2022 PNC Championship