New Titleist MB, CB and AP2 Iron PICS!!! Beware

Was at TPI headquarters last weekend. Spoke to a source very high up, said they were fitting for the new irons now and they'd be on shelves in a few months. And for price questions, c'mon people, it's Titleist we're talking about. They'll say MSRP is $1200 or $1400 or something and the stores will sell 'em for $1000. I'll be thoroughly testing all three to see what fits me best. They all look great, AP2s a little busy still, but these and the Tour Nike VR Blades are the best looking irons on the market IMO. Was tempted to get Miz MP-57s for a long while, but it looks like Titleist might have won my allegiance.

Now if only I could get on tour so they'd pay ME to play them instead of the other way around...

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone on here involved in the golf trade in Australia, and if so do they have any idea when they might be available to us little fish of the golfing world????

Have a mate going to USA in october and he has offered to get some for me, but unsure who would have them by then..... Might have to find out what states he is visiting..........

710mbs will be my purchase, to finally replace the poor old 690's who will enjoy a well earned retirement plan!!!!

[quote name='tigerhank' post='1955553' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:32 PM']Anyone on here involved in the golf trade in Australia, and if so do they have any idea when they might be available to us little fish of the golfing world????

Have a mate going to USA in october and he has offered to get some for me, but unsure who would have them by then..... Might have to find out what states he is visiting..........

710mbs will be my purchase, to finally replace the poor old 690's who will enjoy a well earned retirement plan!!!![/quote]

I heard that they will be here in oz October/November :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

had my club called our titleist rep, november 1

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

CB's look good and prefer the new AP2's. Look forward to seeing reviews pop up on here some time soon

Driver = Taylormade SIM 8* Hzrdus green 6.0

1 iron = Titleist U510 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
Irons = Wilson Staff FG59,  4-PW
Wedges = Bettinardi HLX 3.0 52*

Taylormade 56* and 60* MG2

Putter = Odyssey white hot pro 1WS 

Ball = Mizuno RB Tour

[quote name='tigerhank' post='1955553' date='Sep 17 2009, 12:32 PM']Anyone on here involved in the golf trade in Australia, and if so do they have any idea when they might be available to us little fish of the golfing world????[/quote]
Except it will probably still be cheaper to buy a set from the USA ! Can you imagine what they will be here ???

[quote name='SureShot81' post='1975957' date='Sep 28 2009, 10:13 AM']When are we going to receive the specs on these? Titleist says early fall, well it's almost October and the clubs are going to be released Nov. 1. Out with it already, I'd like to make some decisions on club sets.[/quote]

Finishing up the product pages for the new irons, should be ready to go live on Titleist.com soon. New AP irons will be in golf shops in November, MB and CB in December.

[quote name='SureShot81' post='1976451' date='Sep 28 2009, 02:53 PM']Thank you. I was really hoping to give the AP line a try soon so I could have a set in by Christmas. Sorry if I came off as a jerk, just a little excited and impatient. When you say in shops, do you mean fitting carts or just standard clubs?[/quote]

Fitting clubs should be available in advance of the launch, with delivery to many fitting locations in late October and November.

[quote name='Titleist Golf' post='1976383' date='Sep 28 2009, 02:25 PM'][quote name='SureShot81' post='1975957' date='Sep 28 2009, 10:13 AM']When are we going to receive the specs on these? Titleist says early fall, well it's almost October and the clubs are going to be released Nov. 1. Out with it already, I'd like to make some decisions on club sets.[/quote]

Finishing up the product pages for the new irons, should be ready to go live on Titleist.com soon. New AP irons will be in golf shops in November, MB and CB in December.
[/quote]

Yep, i was very saddened the other day when i got the call that my new irons would not be available until December, i was so heartbroken, but looks like i will give myself a Merry Christmas. Can't wait for the new products, thanks Titleist.

[quote name='Titleist Golf' post='1976809' date='Sep 28 2009, 05:47 PM'][quote name='SureShot81' post='1976451' date='Sep 28 2009, 02:53 PM']Thank you. I was really hoping to give the AP line a try soon so I could have a set in by Christmas. Sorry if I came off as a jerk, just a little excited and impatient. When you say in shops, do you mean fitting carts or just standard clubs?[/quote]

Fitting clubs should be available in advance of the launch, with delivery to many fitting locations in late October and November.
[/quote]

Do you have any idea which irons heads will be offered left-handed on the fitting cart?

[quote name='Titleist Golf' post='1976383' date='Sep 28 2009, 02:25 PM'][quote name='SureShot81' post='1975957' date='Sep 28 2009, 10:13 AM']When are we going to receive the specs on these? Titleist says early fall, well it's almost October and the clubs are going to be released Nov. 1. Out with it already, I'd like to make some decisions on club sets.[/quote]

[/quote]

How soon is soon? Can we expect to see the product pages up by the end of the first week in October?

Titleist TSi2 11° - Graphite Design Tour AD VR 6x
Titleist TSi2 16.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
Srixon ZX Utility 20° - UST Recoil 95s
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack  50° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125s
Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125s
Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

I think I´m going to pre-order my set of 710 MB´s with Nippon shafts tomorrow. Can´t wait to get my hands on these beauties!

Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha v FW 14° - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha IFF 19° - Tour AD DI-7
Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
Yamaha Inpres X 52° 58° - DG Spinner
Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
WITB Link