New Titleist MB, CB and AP2 Iron PICS!!! Beware

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='easyyy' post='1859591' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:23 PM'][size=2]Some answers to a few questions...

1. 710 is a series designator, 700 represents irons (900 for metals), 10 for 2010, the primary season for the irons release.
2. Irons will be in golf shops late this year, sometime in Q4.
3. Stock shafts are still TBD.[/size][/quote]

Awesome, thanks! I never knew that about Titty's naming convention. Looking forward to the Q4 release!

[quote name='Nutlush' post='1859626' date='Aug 2 2009, 04:36 PM']The elasomar insert with the pointy things looks very strange.

Anyone know what is up with that? Looks unfinished.[/quote]

In person they look good. The medallion is a new one piece (instead of the old generation 2 pieces) thermoplastic rubber insert. The black raised rubber strips have the feel of a real quality piece. From there they use a new 2 way adhesive material to add the right feel they were looking for. Wait till you see the cavity and medallion... really cool.

Isn't the idea when coming out with a new line of clubs to incorporate new technology and not to put different graphics on older models and charging a fortune for them. Just go buy some 690's for about $200 and write MB on the toe with a sharpie and you have the same club. Come on Titleist make something new. The AP2 is the same, just has different graphics also. The AP1's are the only irons that look different and they stole those from Callaway's X-Series irons. I am one frustrated Titleist fan.

[quote name='creedar' post='1860448' date='Aug 2 2009, 10:54 PM']Kudos to Titleist for getting it right. [b]I exploded in my trousers[/b] when I saw those 710cb's :swoon: . Put me down for 2 sets now, one gamer and one backup.[/quote]

haha yea they are sick looking irons.
id love a set of the MB's or maybe some sort of combo.

Titleist 913 D2 9.5 - RIP 60X
Titleist 909F 13* - V2 75S
Titleist 909H 21* - V2 90S
Nike VR Pro Combo 4-pw - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM5 50* 54* 58* - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5 - 34"

Sorry if I did not see it but does anyone know when these can be pre ordered or the release date? I am going to try the 3-6 CB's with 7-9 MB's. These look great and I hope they are as good as my old full cavity backs I played 2 years ago. They were so sweet but got ripped of and I went to TM R7 TP Irons and then to the ADAMS forged A4's but nothing has compared to the Titleist 735's I had . This is going to be great and god they look GOOD!!!

[quote name='coach_harris1' post='1859945' date='Aug 2 2009, 07:22 PM']Isn't the idea when coming out with a new line of clubs to incorporate new technology and not to put different graphics on older models and charging a fortune for them. Just go buy some 690's for about $200 and write MB on the toe with a sharpie and you have the same club. Come on Titleist make something new. The AP2 is the same, just has different graphics also. The AP1's are the only irons that look different and they stole those from Callaway's X-Series irons. I am one frustrated Titleist fan.[/quote]

Wow. I mean, this guy has a point lol. Especially when it comes to the AP2's and the AP1's (The new AP1's look IDENTICAL to the old Callaway X's, with the red graphic). He's even right about the 690's comparison to the MB's lol. Well, sometimes they just have to refine what works and these clubs all worked in the past so why won't they work now? Hell, I'll prob. be being a new set of AP2's to replace my 735's.

[quote name='coach_harris1' post='1859945' date='Aug 2 2009, 07:22 PM']Isn't the idea when coming out with a new line of clubs to incorporate new technology and not to put different graphics on older models and charging a fortune for them. Just go buy some 690's for about $200 and write MB on the toe with a sharpie and you have the same club. Come on Titleist make something new. The AP2 is the same, just has different graphics also. The AP1's are the only irons that look different and they stole those from Callaway's X-Series irons. I am one frustrated Titleist fan.[/quote]

I am quite surprised a statement like this can be made given you haven't hit them yet and don't know what increased benefit these clubs have now. What do you want the blades to look like? There is really only so much that can be done with a blade or a classy style CB.

[quote name='easyyy' post='1859651' date='Aug 2 2009, 03:57 PM'][quote name='Nutlush' post='1859626' date='Aug 2 2009, 04:36 PM']The elasomar insert with the pointy things looks very strange.

Anyone know what is up with that? Looks unfinished.[/quote]

In person they look good. The medallion is a new one piece (instead of the old generation 2 pieces) thermoplastic rubber insert. The black raised rubber strips have the feel of a real quality piece. From there they use a new 2 way adhesive material to add the right feel they were looking for. Wait till you see the cavity and medallion... really cool.
[/quote]
Thanks easyyy. Good info.

I like my AP2's more all the time, but I am wearing them out fast. Will need to upgrade soon.

[quote name='Redman' post='1860708' date='Aug 3 2009, 01:01 AM'][quote name='coach_harris1' post='1859945' date='Aug 2 2009, 07:22 PM']Isn't the idea when coming out with a new line of clubs to incorporate new technology and not to put different graphics on older models and charging a fortune for them. Just go buy some 690's for about $200 and write MB on the toe with a sharpie and you have the same club. Come on Titleist make something new. The AP2 is the same, just has different graphics also. The AP1's are the only irons that look different and they stole those from Callaway's X-Series irons. I am one frustrated Titleist fan.[/quote]

I am quite surprised a statement like this can be made given you haven't hit them yet and don't know what increased benefit these clubs have now. What do you want the blades to look like? There is really only so much that can be done with a blade or a classy style CB.
[/quote]

I agree, there is only so much you can change... However, they did mention that the AP2 has 1 degree less of bounce and if the top lines are smaller. Then to me that is a fairly major improvement over the older AP2's. When a golf club is so good already (AP2's), making adjustments can make a big deal to a lot of people like myself. I don't need a totally different club to feel like they haven't made good changes from year to year. Last year the AP2's was a significant step for Titleist and if they make some nice tweeks then kudos to them.

[quote name='Titleist Golf' post='1861691' date='Aug 3 2009, 01:24 PM']Based on the feedback we received from Tour, modifications to the AP2 focused on improving feel, shot control, and turf interaction, particularly in the short irons. Most players are unlikely to notice a significantly different look from the address position.[/quote]

I'm very happy to read that the CB's and MB's are interchangeable. I really like my ZB's, but the new version is just so simple and sexy!

Thanks,
Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

lads..ireland here, 1st post

has anybody actually hit the new mb or cb yet....what do you think?
playing 681 s which are ageing with more grace than i am, so taking a notion of the new mb or cbs when the arrive this side of the pond. mentally thinking of going for something more forgiving than the 681s as turned 40 recently they are a young mans club (it will be a wrench though).

it is frustrating that there is a six month lag betwen new clubs appearing on the us market and their arrival over here so looking forward to your thoughts

[quote name='the elk' post='1862396' date='Aug 3 2009, 06:54 PM']lads..ireland here, 1st post

has anybody actually hit the new mb or cb yet....what do you think?
playing 681 s which are ageing with more grace than i am, so taking a notion of the new mb or cbs when the arrive this side of the pond. mentally thinking of going for something more forgiving than the 681s as turned 40 recently they are a young mans club (it will be a wrench though).

it is frustrating that there is a six month lag betwen new clubs appearing on the us market and their arrival over here so looking forward to your thoughts[/quote]

They are not out as yet. In 6 months of lag I'm sure you can find a set used for a much better price than new. I'm sure those things will be at least 1k US brand new. Happy Hunting

Adams 9015D w/Harrison Saga 60S
Callaway XR Pro 4 wood 16* PX 6.0
Callaway Apex Hybrid 18* & 23*
Mizuno MP 15 4-P TTDG S300
Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
Rife Barbados... the best putter ever.

As far as comments about technology not being any better! Bulls?!t, endo and muiras forging process alone has improved and the technology for example that the CB Vr irons are extremely workable and forgiving and are very much ahead of the titleist 735's I used to play. If you have played the newer muira CB irons they are ahead of everyone with feel, workability and overall control. I really expect to see these irons to be something special. It's been a long time since I can put a entire bag together by one munufacturer and since titleist has no driver or fairway wood worth playing looks like another year of a mixed bag.

The 710 AP1's on the Titleist website look AWESOME!

Any close-ups of those available?

Cobra DARKSPEED X [10.5º] TBD

Callaway Epic TC [15º] Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70
Callaway Apex UW [21º] UST Mamiya TSPX LIN-Q Red 7
Callaway Apex '16 [23º] Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 85
Cobra King Tec Utility / King Tour [5 / 6-7-8-9-P-G] KBS $-Taper
Titleist Vokey SM10 Raw [53º - 58º] KBS Tour Wedge Custom Matte Black
Odyssey Toulon Daytona Beach

[quote name='fairwayhunter31' post='1864019' date='Aug 4 2009, 12:34 PM']The 710 AP1's on the Titleist website look AWESOME!

Any close-ups of those available?[/quote]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=286213&hl=ap1"]New Titleist AP1 redesign for 2010, Pics[/url]

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]