2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

R9 Iron Version "B" Spy Pics...

Amazing, Thats about all I can say. they look amazing....... but next month the R11's will be out ...... just can't keep up.

How 'bout that Bullseye in the bag! Or is that some other TM creation for the Goose? What I just don't understand is that back in the day one of the BEST players CB were the Titleist 962's then I found out you could get the 962b's. Now the B's were one of the most solid clubs I ever hit and to this day wish I never sold. They were one of the best players cb's ever. they were not for everyone but they were for the good player. What TM did by making the soft cast was make a head that will feel like forged and last like cast in a B head it has everything a good ball striker wants....... feel, less to no offset. Why not do what Titleist did

HEY TAYLORMADE ARE YOU LISTENING RELEASE THE B................ PLEASE RELEASE THE B. You don't have to hammer evryone with price but you could sell at 1000, to 1,500 a set with 5-10,000 sets made. They would sell out in a week, month tops. Once top amatuers see these and hit these they'd be gone. You can do this with all three B's and they all would sell out. Hell even the players that are 15 handicap they'll even buy them just because they look good..... :partytime2:

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the overall shape of these and that TM is going with a more conservative (for them ) look, first impression of the sole grind and offset reminds me of my old box toes :pimp: (still have) and the custom set of almost non-existent offset x300fci customs that I never should have parted with! :fool:

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I really dont understand why they dont release clubs like this. I understand the marketing because how many guys see the TP logo and just say "WOW tour players use these" and on TM's part its clever because now a 12-16 HNCP can say they play TP irons and in reality play nothing close to a "players" club.

I work golf retail and see guys all the time who should use more forgiving clubs but dont because "the guys on TV dont use those" but now since the creation of the TP line by TM and really the start was the R7 Tp because if offered a ton of forgivness for those who needed it but still got the guys on tour to use aswell.

Ths r9 TP looks like a big cavity (to me) and i would much rather play this club but i'm also not the TM target market either. I keep my clubs including my driver for more the 15 min.

I can drool all i want over these because i really think they look good but i'll never end up seeing these because they refuse to let them out to retail....

My conclusion: nice iron TM, really i mean that they look really good, but hope the D-bags on the "other site" make a killing selling your craptastic castoffs to shmucks with more money than brains

R9 TP Irons -- $899 NPS/MAP (steel) I don't know about the B version.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

[quote name='jwo' post='1940580' date='Sep 8 2009, 09:29 PM']Hey TM. I know you guys are all over this site so would you please listen to us and make this exact iron available!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so hard to make a "blade like" head with a thin top line and near zero offset??? And dont refer me to the Tour Preferred or the MB's cause neither one is anything like these. These would bring me back to try a TM iron for sure, but nothing in the current or recent past product line interests me at all.[/quote]

+1, in the market for a new set and this is just the kind of set I am looking for.

TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 9.5 Matrix Ozik RUL 70X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White Hybrid 100 TX
Ping G400 3-Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105 X
Ping i 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 125X
Ping Glide 50SS & 56SS Nippon C10S
Titleist Vokey Low Bounce K 60 Nippon Modus 3 125 X
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Just saw this other thread... don't these look just like the "Japan forged" ones?

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...=298324&hl=

Japan forged:

post-72546-1252445118-5.jpg

R9 "B"s:

rss_img_IMG_0265_resize.JPG

the new b's look ok.. i agree with you on the bove.. very similar to the forged tp's from japan,,,, which i have and am now gaming.. i'll take mine over the new b's anyday of the week!!

what the taylormade!!!! release these now!!!!! ill buy two sets

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Ventus Blue TR 6TX

TSr3 15* w/Ventus Blue TR 7X
TSr3 18* w/Ventus Blue TR 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/KBS C-Taper X

W/S Forged 50* w/DG TI S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG TI S400

Spider S 
TP5X 24'

We should really develop a true list (I mean ready to buck up today, no bullxxxx!) in this forum and see if Richard could pull some strings...I'm in! Call it a special offer to WRX Charter Members, call us a beta test market, think we could move 25 sets at 1K each? That would be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I was hoping they'd be more like the Burner B heads with the undercut cavity long irons...

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

these are pretty ill, has anyone gotten information on an R9 TP Forged model? if not i hope the r9 TP A version irons look similar to these, i like the thinner topline and the no offset.

Driver: Titleist 915 D4 9.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915 15*
3 Hybrid: Titleist 915H 19*

Driving Irons: Titleist 2TMB
Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50* , Ping Glide 56*
Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

[quote name='Dboudreau89' post='1941915' date='Sep 9 2009, 03:05 PM']these are pretty ill, has anyone gotten information on an R9 TP Forged model? if not i hope the r9 TP A version irons look similar to these, i like the thinner topline and the no offset.[/quote]

Perhaps you have not heard there are [b][u]NO FORGED [/u][/b]irons coming from TM. It's been said about 100 times... (Unless you go to Japan)

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

The gods have sent us a gift, very expensive hard to get gift but a gift none the less.
Wow these are sweet. I just went and had a fitting at Titleist for my new MB's and I love the MB's but man these are sweet. Some of you are correct about the other site selling them for $3k but if you ask around and wait till about January you can find someone to get you these heads for $1500.00 . I put my order in last night when I saw this thread and I will have a set by December for $1500 hopefully. I just wish TM would make something this nice for everyone! They are not as smart as they think they are or they would make these and charge $1500 and they would not be able to keep them in stock. Hell 2000 seta would sell here. COME ON TM LISTEN TO YOUR REAL LOYAL PLAYERS!!!!!

[i]WHOA! :cry: [b]Encore! Encore![/b] I fell in love when I saw the 3 iron (for a second I thought we were looking at butter knives, but then I realized what was going on)! Really purdy; I would even go as far as saying one of the best player's iron I've seen in the last several years! No doubt these would sell if brought to retail, but we all know that's as likely as TM letting their drivers stay unchanged for a full season or two.[/i]

**testing several drivers right now** 😉
Adams XTD Ti Fairway Woods, 15* and 18* with **testing** X-Stiff Shafts
Adams XTD Ti Hybrid, 20* (set to 21*) with **testing** X-Stiff Hybrid Shaft
Adams CMB Irons, 4-PW with KBS Tour FLT Black 120 Stiff Shafts
TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges, 52-12* (bent to 54*) and 58-12* (bent to 60*) with KBS Tour 125 Black Wedge Shafts

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 Tank, 36" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

backup: STX Sync Series 8 Putter (Red Face Insert), 35" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

[quote name='Big Ben' post='1941855' date='Sep 9 2009, 05:39 PM']We should really develop a true list (I mean ready to buck up today, no bullxxxx!) in this forum and see if Richard could pull some strings...I'm in! Call it a special offer to WRX Charter Members, call us a beta test market, think we could move 25 sets at 1K each? That would be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BB[/quote]

+1. There are a ton of good golfers out there that are looking for the opportunity to play a player's cavity club with minimal to zero offset, shorter length and thinner topline. Many of them, to boot, are Taylormade fans.

They should make them available through their site at an upcharge. I'm willing to bet that they can create a situation that does not yet exist: the ability to purchase tour only equipment without dealing with a middleman.

I don't see how this will be bad for business. I spent 12 years in the Licensing and Merchandising field and items that were sold as "limited time only" or as a "special feature item" always did well especially when the item was coming from an established company.

TM R11 w Accra SC 75 M4
Nike Covert 2.0 3w w Accra Tour Z M4
Adams Grey Peanut 24* Aldila By You 80X
MP32 6-PW PX 6.0
Cobra Trust Rusty 56* and 60* S200 Shaft
DW Davis Custom Anser Style Putter

[quote name='golf_junkie27' post='1942139' date='Sep 9 2009, 07:15 PM'][quote name='Big Ben' post='1941855' date='Sep 9 2009, 05:39 PM']We should really develop a true list (I mean ready to buck up today, no bullxxxx!) in this forum and see if Richard could pull some strings...I'm in! Call it a special offer to WRX Charter Members, call us a beta test market, think we could move 25 sets at 1K each? That would be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BB[/quote]

+1. There are a ton of good golfers out there that are looking for the opportunity to play a player's cavity club with minimal to zero offset, shorter length and thinner topline. Many of them, to boot, are Taylormade fans.

They should make them available through their site at an upcharge. I'm willing to bet that they can create a situation that does not yet exist: the ability to purchase tour only equipment without dealing with a middleman.

I don't see how this will be bad for business. I spent 12 years in the Licensing and Merchandising field and items that were sold as "limited time only" or as a "special feature item" always did well especially when the item was coming from an established company.
[/quote]
Callaway did this; it's called Tour Authentic. I have a set of TA X-forged; less offset, thinner top line, narrower sole, shorter heel to toe and super grinds....sound familiar???? They are 1000% better than the retail 2008 X-forged too, not even close.

[/quote]
Callaway did this; it's called Tour Authentic. I have a set of TA X-forged; less offset, thinner top line, narrower sole, shorter heel to toe and super grinds....sound familiar???? They are 1000% better than the retail 2008 X-forged too, not even close.
[/quote]

Ben,

If I may ask, did you pay significantly more?

Also, since you did this and were satisfied, I'm guessing that you would be willing to repeat this process. Am I correct?

TM R11 w Accra SC 75 M4
Nike Covert 2.0 3w w Accra Tour Z M4
Adams Grey Peanut 24* Aldila By You 80X
MP32 6-PW PX 6.0
Cobra Trust Rusty 56* and 60* S200 Shaft
DW Davis Custom Anser Style Putter

This set is available for retail purchase which is sick, basically tour stock. I assume the changes made to the origional set where totally driven by the needs of there players. Good ball strickers will aways crave these qualities in in an iron, thats why the "B" irons exsist in the first place right. The miss is the bean counters who will indicate that only the BEST players in the world demand these traits which is simply not true...BB
Note: Cost is basically $300 bucks more than stock offerings but I found mine on Ebay heads only for a steal; do not think most folks are really in tune with what the Tour Authentic lineup is really all about.

You know, I haven't liked the look of Taylor Made irons since the RAC LT....

... but those irons are HOT. :man_in_love:

9.5* Callaway Rogue ST Max / MR Tensei Blue 55

15* TaylorMade SIM Ti / MR Diamana Limited FW 75

17.5* TaylorMade GAPR Hi / KBS Hybrid

21* Callaway Mavrik Max TC / MR Kuro Kage Black TiNi

5-GW Cobra Forged Tec X / KBS Tour Lite

52, 58* Ping Glide 4.0 / ZZ 115

Odyssey White Hot Sabertooth

by right only forged irons should exceed 1000bucks in cost, as ping stated "we can make 20 sets in 12 minutes". it is also much cheaper to cast irons than to forge them(metal cost), yet titleist can offer their forged irons for roughly the same price as the 2009 tour preferred irons.
taylormade are keeping these off the market so they can overcharge by hundreds.
ill admit they are nice sleek irons but if you can get forged irons for less then youd be a fool not to, i love my ZMs

[quote name='TWshoot67' post='1943348' date='Sep 10 2009, 01:25 PM'][quote name='Big Ben' post='1941855' date='Sep 9 2009, 05:39 PM']We should really develop a true list (I mean ready to buck up today, no bullxxxx!) in this forum and see if Richard could pull some strings...I'm in! Call it a special offer to WRX Charter Members, call us a beta test market, think we could move 25 sets at 1K each? That would be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BB[/quote]

I'm in!
[/quote]

[quote name='TWshoot67' post='1943355' date='Sep 10 2009, 01:30 PM'][quote name='Asleep' post='1940463' date='Sep 8 2009, 11:32 PM']$4,000 heads only?

;)[/quote]

3,900.00 and I'll take em..... :crazy::tease::nono:
[/quote]

[quote name='TWshoot67' post='1943412' date='Sep 10 2009, 02:07 PM'][quote name='markheardjr' post='1942039' date='Sep 9 2009, 07:20 PM'][quote name='Dboudreau89' post='1941915' date='Sep 9 2009, 03:05 PM']these are pretty ill, has anyone gotten information on an R9 TP Forged model? if not i hope the r9 TP A version irons look similar to these, i like the thinner topline and the no offset.[/quote]

Perhaps you have not heard there are [b][u]NO FORGED [/u][/b]irons coming from TM. It's been said about 100 times... (Unless you go to Japan)
[/quote]

Plenty of people are playing R7 forged from Japan here in US I think thats what the poster meant.... comparing the forged version to the B head. the only pronlem is most times the Japan version has too much offset.
[/quote]

PS: I think I figured it out and put them all together in one post if so I'll delete the others lets see. I'm talikng to myself again....OH $H!#

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]