2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

GolfWRX Presents an Audio Chat with TourEdgeGolf.com is NOW!

Gxgolfer

Participate and get a chance to win the New Hybrid!!! GET
GolfWRX is proud to hold an Audio chat with Andy Silis, National Sales Manager from TourEdgeGolf.com.

Time:
Sunday April 23
8:00pm EST/5:00pm PST

Room is limited to first 100 users and Audio Speakers required to listen. Instructions on how to listen are located>>>Here

Please start listing questions you may have in this thread.

For the best questions, TourEdgeGolf.com will give away:

1- Tour Edge Exotics Hybrids as well as
2- Exotics hats for door prizes.

Get your questions in early as it takes about 35-40 questions to fill the hour!

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to read Ryan. Andy is a stand up guy. Glad to see him return with a bag full of goodies.

Members - you might want to jump in with your questions. I tested the Tour Edge Exotics Hybrid in January at an Orlando outing and it is hot,hot,hot. Looks great, feels better; you will want to win this baby so get your best questions together.

No prizes for me thanks (I already have a nice TEE Driver) but I'll throw in a couple questions to get things started.

Andy, thanks for taking the time for this chat.

Could you explain to everyone about the brazing process, the use of silver phosphate, and its advantages over welding as used in the Exotics line of products?

Could you explain the shaft options for the new Exotics driver and tell us why Tour Ege decided to use 3 different manufacturers (Graphite Design, Fujikura, and Aldila) to come up with the stock shaft options?

Cheers,

:)

Thanks for taking out the time to talk to us Andy.

With the fact that you are one of the smaller companys out there, have you tried to achieve greater sales numbers by reaching a niche market that maybe others tend to ignore in your club design, marketing, etc.

With your prices being much the same as the golf companys that may be more well known by the masses like titleist, taylor made etc. is there something that you all try to do with your sales and marketing teams to try to better reach the consumer and say, get them better acquainted with the tour edge name to allow your brand to both grow and to prosper financially.

Using the moveable weight technology, much the same as Taylor Made is doing, what are your efforts to market this product to a consumer that is more familiar with the taylor made name. Meaning that since both drivers are using roughly the same ideas what are you all as a sales and marketing team doing to push the product and get people to purchase it over other products. Or do you all chose to use the attitude "the product is good enough itll sell itself"

Was it the intention of the marketing folks at tour edge to create completely distinct lines, meaning the bazooka etc. verus the "exotics" lines, to cover the entirety of the golfing community but still divide it into two distinct categories, both the better golfer looking to spend more money as well as those looking at lesser epensive sets . Or will tour edge be offering at any point more "game improvement" things under the exotics name.

As for my previous question what was the thinking that went into the naming of your lines giving the more expensive clubs a name that connotes power and feel and class, "exotics", versus the somewhat klunkier names used for the lesser expensive clubs.

Thanks.

Companies now seem to be moving towards lowering the center of gravity as much as possible in hybrids. Some companies like Cleveland and Ping have hybrids that feature a scooped out crown to take out that weight from the crown and move it deep in the club. With your line of hybrids, there is extra weight in the sole of the club, but have you experimented with the so called scoop in the crown to move even more weight down there? How about composite?

Not many people know about Tour Edge as being an OEM. Are you looking, from a marketing standpoint, at sponsoring tour players to get your name out to the masses?

In regards to putters, two of your mallet putters, the Bazooka Automatic and the T ballance are two very different looking putters, even in terms of mallets. Is there a specific reason why the shaft is connected to the club at the very rear?

great job wrx this is very cool to get chats w/ companys often.

my questions:

Now that you are making some putters, will you be looking any time soon to sign a putter maker suck as tom slighter or t.p. (david) mills?

what steps are you taking to try to put the tour edge exotics name out there and try to compeate with major brand like taylormade and titleist that are much more known?

thx alot to wrx and tour edge for doing this chat im looking forward to it

Andy is the guy that turned me onto this site. I found him to be honest, open and a pleasure to deal with. He sold me a bag chock fulla TourEdge gear... Here are my questions to Andy and TourEdge

Andy: #1) With the recent ruling from the USGA re: MOI do you foresee TourEdge expanding their new V25 driver and putter to take advantage of this ruling?

#2) With the great distances you guys have your 15º 3 wood traveling does your numbers show many consumers going for a 4 wood instead? I know my 3 wood travels quite a distance and runs like it stole something.

Sidebar: I'm still awaiting the shipping label for the 7 iron that my "LocalClubGuy" (LCG) snapped... Danke

Could you explain the shaft options for the new Exotics driver and tell us why Tour Ege decided to use 3 different manufacturers (Graphite Design, Fujikura, and Aldila) to come up with the stock shaft options?

As a follow up to the question above...

Can the stock Fuji HL shaft in the Exotics driver be compared any specific shaft in the product offerings available from Fujikura?

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Golf Digest gave the TEE Hybrid a great nod. How has it been recieved in general? What shafts are going to be available for it?

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

When designing your hybrid, is your intent on replacing a long iron, or fairway wood, or do you simply believe that a hybrid is interchangable with either of those clubs, and it's excellent playability is simply a by-product of good design?

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

I have recently been able to hit both the exotics driver and fairway wood, and was very impressed. Can you comment on the sales of these products nationally? Have they been received as well as you intended or wished?

I noticed what seems to be an upgraded quality putter released at the PGA show (V25). Is there going to be an expanded putter line from Tour Edge in the future? Possibly with the Exotics name?

With your varying lines of products, to many golfers the Tour Edge name seems to be associated with lower end golf, but with the Exotics name it seems to be the higest end. Will Tour Edge try to disassociate with the Exotics name with the other products, or will you continue to push the line with the rest of the clubs? If so, how do you plan on distinguishing the different lines?

Aerojet LS 9*

STG 15*

Pro FliHi 19*

223 4-PW 

T5 50*

T22 56*

T22 60* 

Phantom X 12.5

Andy,

Has there been any thoughts of sending out a rotating Demo to WRX members???

BST AD Help

One question from me:

Have you ever considered selling the TEE's as components? maybe under an authorized dealer plan like KZG, Nakashima...etc?

If you were to get these in the hands of us clubmakers, we'd be able to lower pricing to a more accessable price point and generate sales and reputation via "grass roots" marketing...plus we'd also be kicking in OUR advertizing dollars.

I first wanted to make the comment that fairway technology has remained relativly dormant over the past several years. For me the Tour Edge Exotics fairway woods was the innovation I needed in order to change what was once the weakest part of my game, fairway metal shots, into one of the strongest aspects of my game. As a golf equipment consumer, which is putting is mildly, I love to see new technology and innovation in golf club designs. None of us want to see this Exotic line of clubs become a one hit wonder because in the end that just hurts us the comsumer. All of this leads to me question which is...

Working in a design/manufacturing field we often find plenty of room for improvement after designing and implementing new technology like Tour Edge has with the combo brazing process. Are there plans for a "Next Generation" of your exotic line? If so is there a timeline for this next generation of Tour Edge Exotics products? What aspects of the current design does Tour Edge feel they can improve upon?

What's next for the TourEdge line? Forged irons or a next generation TEE Wood? What are some of the challenges in getting your lines into the bigger box retail stores?

BST AD Help

Thanks in advance for taking the time to talk to us all and answer these questions.

The first 'new' driver that I ever used as a kid was a Tour Edge Bazooka. With Tour Edge being a local company, I have followed your business ever since those days and have had your exotics lines in my bag as my ability level allowed me to use clubs designed for better players. As you have started making higher end clubs, how important is it that you have been able to keep producing equipment for golfers of all ability levels? Is it your future business plan to continue on this track with your original goals in mind or has the successes of the TEE line changed your original focus towards higher priced 'players' clubs?

At the golf course I am a member at, we just received all of the Tour Edge products complete with a fitting center. One of our assistant pros recently just changed to pretty much an all Tour Edge bag. How are you getting all of your club lines out there and getting some presence on tour? How do you plan on competing with the bigger compaines like Titleist and Nike? Do you see Tour Edge becoming a top-of-the-line company in the future? Thanks.

What is the difference between a regular Aldila NV and a NV-Exotics? Is it a dumbed-down cheaper shaft or is it an authentic NV that just has Exotics written on it.

Thanks

Titleist 913D3 7.5* w/ D+ 72 X Titleist 913fd 13.5* w/ D+ 82X Titleist 913hd 20* w/ D+ 102X 4-PW Titleist 712 MB X100 50, 56, 60 Wedgeworks California Chrome Select Newport 2 35"

What plans does Tour Edge have on making an impact on the PGA Tour? I believe you have 1 full time staffer on the tour right now (correct me if I'm wrong) and about 10 clubs in the field each week (again correct me if im wrong). Do you have any current plans to bring in more tour players such as creating a MB iron, or other clubs which would appeal to Tour players? What do you see Tour Edge's impact on tour will be in 5-10 years?