Callaway 2010 Pictures

[quote name='Eec55' post='1981594' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:11 AM']geez i am sick of colors and medallions on the cally clubs! i love the clubs to death but please make a set of nice irons that are just chrome/black!!!!! those diablos look nice but also look like a stop sign on a shaft!![/quote]

Maybe something like this, '08 X forged (not toy town junk in my book)

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a man who's helped a friend to hoik the badges out of the back of a set of X-Forged irons, I must admit that the end result was fairly pleasing to the eye. Still a bit long heel-to-toe, but a massive improvement from the rear aspect.

Those Diablo Edge things are made of sterner stuff though. Not even the French surgeon and his entire team who did that face transplant have got [i]anything like[/i] the skills to have those looking palatable. A lifetime of having the waterproof hood on your bag at all times and small children following you around the course pointing and laughing is the inevitable result of stumping up for a set of those.

'Hello? Yes, I'd like a 10 a.m. tee time please. My name? Dr Frederick Treves...'

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

bingo!!! i tried to take the medallions off of my x 18 pros but the black foam crap stayed behind and i heard it messes with the balance/weight of the club! i wish they would quit trying to "pretty" clubs up!!

[quote name='pickerjohn' post='1986968' date='Oct 4 2009, 12:24 PM'][quote name='Eec55' post='1981594' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:11 AM']geez i am sick of colors and medallions on the cally clubs! i love the clubs to death but please make a set of nice irons that are just chrome/black!!!!! those diablos look nice but also look like a stop sign on a shaft!![/quote]

[/quote]

Taylor Made M4 Project X HAZRDS
Ping I20 5-pw
Ping Eye 2+ BECU 3,4 iron
Titleist Vokey SM6 54,60
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red putter
Titleist 917f 3 wood

PLayed with ALL the new clubs for Callaway for 2010. iZ tour driver was AMAZING! really easy to hit and was low spinning. I was hitting an 8.5 Tour head with a voodoo 60-S, really nice.

FT-9 TA was OK..sounded like the C4 driver. Looks good. A friend of mine was BOMBING it so it had mixed results.

iZ woods were decent.

iZ hybrids were GREAT! Really liked them a lot.

Diablo Tour woods...eh.

Jaws wedges. They SPIN LIKE A MOTHER!! WOW!. Bad part is they are going to SHRED the ball. I used 8 balls in 1 round due to the covers shredding. Callaway is going to offer it in a Graphite wedge shaft as well for stock that I hit. Felt really nice.

Black Series Milled putters....felt nice, little hard but look fantastic.

White Ice Putters...my favorite of the bunch. I used the #9 most of the round. Firmer insert, black nickel finish on the head. insert was firm but it felt great.

Overall I was very happy with the offerings for next year. I am very concerned about the golf balls shredding though.

[quote name='Slapjax7s ' post='1987189' date='Oct 4 2009, 12:57 PM']PLayed with ALL the new clubs for Callaway for 2010. iZ tour driver was AMAZING! really easy to hit and was low spinning. I was hitting an 8.5 Tour head with a voodoo 60-S, really nice.

FT-9 TA was OK..sounded like the C4 driver. Looks good. A friend of mine was BOMBING it so it had mixed results.

iZ woods were decent.

Diablo Tour woods...eh.

Jaws wedges. They SPIN LIKE A MOTHER!! WOW!. Bad part is they are going to SHRED the ball. I used 8 balls in 1 round due to the covers shredding. Callaway is going to offer it in a Graphite wedge shaft as well for stock that I hit. Felt really nice.

White Ice Putters...my favorite of the bunch. I used the #9 most of the round. Firmer insert, black nickel finish on the head. insert was firm but it felt great.

Overall I was very happy with the offerings for next year. I am very concerned about the golf balls shredding though.[/quote]

you have had a chance to hit the new callaway ft-9 TA and the nike vr tour. which one takes the cake? INTERESTED!!!!

[quote name='pickerjohn' post='1986968' date='Oct 4 2009, 05:24 PM'][quote name='Eec55' post='1981594' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:11 AM']geez i am sick of colors and medallions on the cally clubs! i love the clubs to death but please make a set of nice irons that are just chrome/black!!!!! those diablos look nice but also look like a stop sign on a shaft!![/quote]

[/quote]

They have if your good enough for them try the X Proto's expensive but WOW, great looks and feel and decent levels of forgivness to be fair. If your a single digit handicapper give them a go.

[quote name='swanry30' post='1990410' date='Oct 6 2009, 11:55 AM'][quote name='Slapjax7s ' post='1987189' date='Oct 4 2009, 12:57 PM']PLayed with ALL the new clubs for Callaway for 2010. iZ tour driver was AMAZING! really easy to hit and was low spinning. I was hitting an 8.5 Tour head with a voodoo 60-S, really nice.

iZ woods were decent.

Diablo Tour woods...eh.

Overall I was very happy with the offerings for next year. I am very concerned about the golf balls shredding though.[/quote]

you have had a chance to hit the new callaway ft-9 TA and the nike vr tour. which one takes the cake? INTERESTED!!!!
[/quote]

Love Callaway stuff but the VR tour (400 cc) driver is WAYYY better. First thing I thought of when I hit the TA was C4 Driver. Its a DEAD sound and was unimpressed. Someone who has a Swing Speed of 125-130 may like it but there's not a ton of those out there. They put an SV7 Voodoo in it which is too much for me anyway. Maybe with the right shaft it could be better. My colleague who has a fast swing and can crank it was unimpressed as well.

I think people will have to give the iZ tour driver a chance. I was VERY impressed and cant wait till it comes out.

[quote name='Slapjax7s ' post='1987189' date='Oct 4 2009, 08:57 PM']PLayed with ALL the new clubs for Callaway for 2010. iZ tour driver was AMAZING! really easy to hit and was low spinning. I was hitting an 8.5 Tour head with a voodoo 60-S, really nice.

iZ woods were decent.

Diablo Tour woods...eh.

Jaws wedges. They SPIN LIKE A MOTHER!! WOW!. [b][u]Bad part is they are going to SHRED the ball. I used 8 balls in 1 round due to the covers shredding[/u][/b]. Callaway is going to offer it in a Graphite wedge shaft as well for stock that I hit. Felt really nice.

Overall I was very happy with the offerings for next year. [b][u] I am very concerned about the golf balls shredding though[/u][/b].[/quote]

With the new wedges you've confirmed my concerns.....for that reason alone I would be unlikely to game these wedges. Shame as it is the same issue with X-Forged wedges too :fool:

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

Got to see these first hand today, and hit the new FT Tour and Diablo Tour driver. FT Tour is pretty sweet. Very easy to work. The stock shaft was an authentic VOODOO with a 350 tip. Diablo Tour looks ok but I was not feeling it on the range, most likely because of the weak flex habanero shaft. New jaws wedges look awesome but one downside might be (at least in the wedges I saw), higher bounce angles. I currently hit X forged and my 58 has 10* of bounce, the Jaws 58 had 13* of bounce. Most impressive thing was new odyssey putters. The new black series are phenomenal and the new White Ice Series are pretty solid as well. I definitely think Odyssey is making moves.

[quote name='Slapjax7s ' post='1987189' date='Oct 4 2009, 03:57 PM']PLayed with ALL the new clubs for Callaway for 2010. iZ tour driver was AMAZING! really easy to hit and was low spinning. I was hitting an 8.5 Tour head with a voodoo 60-S, really nice.

iZ woods were decent.

Diablo Tour woods...eh.

so is the iz driver triangular??? it's hard to tell from the pics without a topline shot!!
and which one is the iz hybrid in the pics or is there a pic??

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

nothing impresses me...except the tour driver.

I HATE the colors where did they come up with the blood red and creamsicle orange.
the colors remind me of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers old logo colors...YUCK!!!
besides the fact that the Diablo driver wasn't all that good, why make an iron after it?

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

[quote name='loza30' post='1991035' date='Oct 6 2009, 05:16 PM']anyone know what grind is on the wedges?[/quote]

C-grind on the wedges with little higher bounces.

[quote name='Lefty431' post='1993894' date='Oct 8 2009, 12:17 AM'][quote name='Slapjax7s ' post='1987189' date='Oct 4 2009, 03:57 PM']PLayed with ALL the new clubs for Callaway for 2010. iZ tour driver was AMAZING! really easy to hit and was low spinning. I was hitting an 8.5 Tour head with a voodoo 60-S, really nice.

iZ woods were decent.

Diablo Tour woods...eh.

so is the iz driver triangular??? it's hard to tell from the pics without a topline shot!!
and which one is the iz hybrid in the pics or is there a pic??
[/quote]

iZ is Triangular yes...it was fine to look at, a lot of confidence looking down. I can take one out of the Catalog I have.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Those are the CHEESIEST clubs I have EVER SEEN!!!!! Callway won't be getting any money from me next year. Titleist, Taylor Made, Cleveland... etc. will be getting MY MONEY!!!!

BOO CALLWAY!!!!!!!!!

RANT OVER!!!

SLDR 10.5* UST VTS Silver 7x
RBZ Stage 2 14.5* BB 83X
RBZ Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid Fubuki AX
09 TP 2iron/2011 TP MC 5-PW DG X100
588 forged 54*, SM5 58.11* K
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

[quote name='Boom Boom' post='1995735' date='Oct 8 2009, 10:52 PM']HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Those are the CHEESIEST clubs I have EVER SEEN!!!!! Callway won't be getting any money from me next year. Titleist, Taylor Made, Cleveland... etc. will be getting MY MONEY!!!!

BOO CALLWAY!!!!!!!!!

RANT OVER!!![/quote]

Not as cheesy as your paint fill on those wedges! lol.

Just kidding of course. To each his own.

[quote name='D Money' post='1993345' date='Oct 7 2009, 08:18 PM']Got to see these first hand today, and hit the new FT Tour and Diablo Tour driver. FT Tour is pretty sweet. Very easy to work. The stock shaft was an authentic VOODOO with a 350 tip. Diablo Tour looks ok but I was not feeling it on the range, most likely because of the weak flex habanero shaft. New jaws wedges look awesome but one downside might be (at least in the wedges I saw), higher bounce angles. I currently hit X forged and my 58 has 10* of bounce, the Jaws 58 had 13* of bounce. Most impressive thing was new odyssey putters. The new black series are phenomenal and the new White Ice Series are pretty solid as well. I definitely think Odyssey is making moves.[/quote]
Don't know if this would actually work, but my solution might be just getting a 60* (if it has a similar bounce angle) and bend the loft 2 degrees strong in order to decrease the bounce. If anyone wants to correct me on this, please do so because I'm not what you would call an "expert".

**testing several drivers right now** 😉
Adams XTD Ti Fairway Woods, 15* and 18* with **testing** X-Stiff Shafts
Adams XTD Ti Hybrid, 20* (set to 21*) with **testing** X-Stiff Hybrid Shaft
Adams CMB Irons, 4-PW with KBS Tour FLT Black 120 Stiff Shafts
TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges, 52-12* (bent to 54*) and 58-12* (bent to 60*) with KBS Tour 125 Black Wedge Shafts

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 Tank, 36" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

backup: STX Sync Series 8 Putter (Red Face Insert), 35" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

[quote name='mattfaldowoods' post='1996947' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:13 PM']I totally get the driver and fairway line up, but am totally confused by the iron line up.

Can any one clarify? Protos in or out or replaced, same with x-forged? Can someone please just put the line up in straight terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

No new "Tour" iron, just the Diablo Edge forged...the Tour Authentic prototypes are still around, just reduced in price. X Forged still around as well...if you have questions about any others, just let me know...

Robb

[quote name='liketogolf' post='1997258' date='Oct 9 2009, 08:37 PM']I had a chance to hit FT IZ, reminded me of C4, dead feeling at impact sounds like C4 also. Why would they do this again? Nobody liked the dead sound of the C4. I think it was a closeout within a year.[/quote]

Are you sure your talking about the same driver? Did u hit the FT Tour?