2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Edwin Watts takes a "shot" at GolfWRX

Sept. 09 Edwin Watts Equipment Insider e-mail
I post this in this forum because it directly relates to much of what we do in here. Is Edwin Watts taking a direct shot at our forum?? This is an exerpt from the e-mail I just received...

DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ

Specifically as we approach the end of the PGA Tour season, the Internet is loaded with great information about golf clubs that Tour pros are using and testing out for next season. But some of that data is misleading. Several websites stake representative bloggers out at PGA Tour events who take photos of clubs in players’ bags and add captions with any details about the clubs that they can gather – then publish them so that they can say they were the first to report such findings. These postings often lead readers to think that the clubs and balls shown will soon be available to the public. But that isn’t necessarily the case. Equipment manufacturers have recently been expressing their frustration about this process, claiming that many of the new goods that their Tour pro staffers are playing are merely prototypes that will never make it to market, and also that details reported are often incorrect. For reliable information, several companies – such as Titleist and Cobra -- post their own Tour blogs on their websites, loaded with information about upcoming products. And just about every major equipment brand also has a Tour news section on their website that shows which pros are playing which equipment. And of course, edwinwattsgolf.com’s “Watt’s in the Bag” section displays what the winner of each event played en route to victory.

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really taking a shot, just posting what their feelings are.

They don't want the world of golf to go to a "custom" world. If it did, they would be eliminated from the process.

Club Manufacturers know that any publicity is good publicity. They don't care if it is right or wrong.

The masses are starting to get educated about golf clubs and the "Big Box" stores are fearful that they will be found to be as incompetent as we already know they are.

Ignore all of this from EW...they are all very afraid.

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

I'm not sure they're taking a shot at anything as much as aimlessly waffling on.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

[quote name='liveagua' post='1967515' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:28 AM']Not really taking a shot, just posting what their feelings are.

They don't want the world of golf to go to a "custom" world. If it did, they would be eliminated from the process.

Club Manufacturers know that any publicity is good publicity. They don't care if it is right or wrong.

The masses are starting to get educated about golf clubs and the "Big Box" stores are fearful that they will be found to be as incompetent as we already know they are.

Ignore all of this from EW...they are all very afraid.[/quote]

I agree. I believe the public wants to know what these prototype equipment are due to the fact that yes, a lot of them mainly not be available to the public ever, but in the end, new irons, drivers, putters, etc will incorporate some type of technology in those prototype equipment. I think "representative bloggers" are actually helping manufacturers. I feel this is probably some type of marketing/PR blog to make Edwin Watts seem as if they are the only company with the inside scoop on the new equipment.

Testing: Sim2 8*, Rogue ST TD 9* 

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Callaway Paradym 4-AW Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 56 Denim Copper TI S400

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

That made me giggle. I have never assumed that what I see in the bags of tour players will be made availible to the public, only dream. Hopefully only a handful of WRX'rs think the way EW stated. The difference from this site and looking at the EW site, you see actual pictures of what's on the course from a multitude of players, not a generic OEM lineup list for 'Watts in the bag' for one player.

EW is just envious that this site can post pictures of what the big boys are playing.

Nothing for us to fret about.

Although GolfWRX does a better/quicker WITB than anyone else out there, imo.

Remember EW is in the equipment selling business, so their motives are different than those of GolfWRX.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

Edwin Watts is a retailer. Their WITB is inaccurate. Here is Tiger WITB... [url="http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html"]http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html[/url] I see 4 errors there. [b]"Dont Believe Everything You Read" [/b] LOL :rolleyes:

As for the some of the data on sites being misleading? They could be right. There are a ton of sites like ours but much smaller. They could have misleading information about these "prototypes". Doesn't look like they called GolfWRX out specifically here.

We have very close relationships with EVERY manufacturer out there. Our info is dead on accurate. Sure from time to time there is a technical mistake but it is very rare.

The fact that we post development prototypes and variants to the retail models doesn't make us "misleading". We have broadcast and published the work behind the scenes for the "Core" golfer to engage in. We are here for the members and to enhance the game we love.

Don't believe everything you read.

[quote name='liveagua' post='1967515' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:28 AM']Not really taking a shot, just posting what their feelings are.

I tend to agree. Tour issued clubs are not EW's niche. Why they felt the need to go on this mini rant, I don't know. I can only guess that they field enough questions from people that think they know a lot, or are educated about the latest and greatest. Either way, they don't know/have answers.

This strange rant by EW just reaffirms the reason I spend so much time on WRX

Keep up the great work Richard. You get far too little credit for the hard work that you do.

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

That is funny.

I was in a big box store yesterday. I hit some clubs in their bay. The salesman came and asked "Can I box those up for you to buy?' I asked if he had the in x-flex with my shaft for the club? I also told him my specs. He said "Oh we do not cater to you...we do not carry anything in x-flex. You are in the 1% we cater to the 99% ." He did say they could do custom orders. I mainly just go hit stuff to see what most are hitting. I have all my clubs custom built and fitted. It probably would be a waste of their inventory to cater to certain players. There are a lot more people who will buy just off the rack.

Custom fitters cost more, but have their niche. Well worth the extra money. I'M

The problem is...what brand a pro plays does not mean we can go and buy those clubs in a big box store. I saw a picture of a pro holding a club, in this store, I know for a FACT he would never bag. Pros are actually marketing [i]brands[/i]...not always their [i]actual clubs[/i]. The customer might be confused by this...so they have to come up with something to explain this. But it is true that many prototypes will not be mass produced. Some of the marketing causes the problem. Sites like this are not the problem. The best way to deal with it is just tell the customer how it really is.

[quote name='easyyy' post='1967536' date='Sep 23 2009, 10:39 AM']Edwin Watts is a retailer. Their WITB is inaccurate. Here is Tiger WITB... [url="http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html"]http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html[/url] I see 4 errors there. [b]"Dont Believe Everything You Read" [/b]LOL :rolleyes:

As for the some of the data on sites being misleading? They could be right. There are a tone of sites like our but much smaller. They could have misleading information about these "prototypes". Doesnt look like they called GolfWRX out specifically here.

We have very close relationships with EVERY manufacturer out there. Our info is dead on accurate. Sure from time to time there is a technical mistake but it is very rare.

The fact that we post development prototypes and variants to the retail models doesnt make us "misleading". We have broadcast and published the work behind the scenes for the "Core" golfer to engage in. We are here for the member and to enhance the game we love.

Dont believe everything you read.[/quote]

Wait so you mean I can't replicate tiger's bag by walking into a Edwin Watts golf store? You just ruined my day. :russian_roulette:

I see no shot at this or any other db. What I see though is some truth that often gets overlooked here and on other db's.

Much of what's in the tour players bag for many reasons will never see the retail market; reason for the prototype label.
What many golfers either are unaware of or overlook is part of the tour players responsibility to equipment sponsors is test prototypes and provide feedback. That can come from practice sessions and or from the using prototypes during tournament play, all depends on the product.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

EW is a retailer. They sell golf clubs and want to sell more of them. When the public believes that a club will be replaced by the next "best and greatest", they stop buying the current "best and greatest", or demand significant discounts. Handling this new product rollout process is a very structured, well planned operation between the OEM and the retailer. When word gets out of a product change [u]before[/u] this plan can be implemented, the resulting decline in demand for the current "best and greatest" can significantly and negatively affect the bottom line. It is in EW's interests, therefore, to challenge the credibility of those sources who break new product news.

[quote name='Mward2002' post='1967620' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:24 AM']What store did you go in to where they didn't have a fitting cart with at least one X flex? Bad move store![/quote]

I don't want to diss the store because I am friends with manager. The only x-flex that I saw was in their used club section. Nothing on the floor or demos was x-flex.

[quote name='easyyy' post='1967536' date='Sep 23 2009, 09:39 AM']Edwin Watts is a retailer. Their WITB is inaccurate. Here is Tiger WITB... [url="http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html"]http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html[/url] I see 4 errors there. [b]"Dont Believe Everything You Read" [/b] LOL :rolleyes:

As for the some of the data on sites being misleading? They could be right. There are a tone of sites like our but much smaller. They could have misleading information about these "prototypes". Doesnt look like they called GolfWRX out specifically here.

The fact that we post development prototypes and variants to the retail models doesnt make us "misleading". We have broadcast and published the work behind the scenes for the "Core" golfer to engage in. We are here for the member and to enhance the game we love.

:shok: [b]Don't believe everything we read?[/b] Even you mean here? :lol: Just kidding but we all know that this site puts out lot of excellent and "ahead of it's time" news for us readers.

It's understandable that EW would put up a slightly misleading winner's WITB so they can sell what they have in stock.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

To tell you the truth, I go to Edwin Watts a lot to check out new clubs and buy balls
It is tough time for everyone now and feel bad for them as many golf chains and stores are suffering
I visit one in Greenville, SC and they always have great service and have people who knows what they are doing. I can't speak for other stores but surely I get better service there than Dick's sporting good

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

I can understand their point from the standpoint of they probably get several morons a day calling to buy equipment they've seen on various websites. It doesn't matter whether it is prototype and never to see the light of day equipment or just special treatment on OEM equipment. I sure some people think they can buy a game and would improve immensely if they could only get a set of "pro level" equipment.. Sure that information probably does serve as publicity for the various OEMs, but it also raises false expectations about upcoming equipment. You can see that when various executives are interviewed. The questioners actually seem outraged that they can't get a hold of this equipment and I'm sure that doesn't do any good for that OEMs good PR.

I enjoy this site from the standpoint of the early pictures (although some of the time I have already had that equipment to test and return knowing full well it will never be sold) and speculation about what form and function it might have if it comes to market.. But also the thread carries tons of the "I must have that immediately", "If I could get that I would like that company", "where can I get it", "that is what my game needs", "I've been waiting for that club all my life", and on and and on and on. The outrage that later follows the realization it won't come to market often borders on "you must be kidding".. If these people could have access to this prototype equipment I'm sure they would immediately start complaining about the price.. The companies would be well served to offer some of the prototype irons or woods for the initial cost $10,000 for irons, $7,000 for woods. That would probably quell the desire to have this "must have equipment" :russian_roulette:

[quote name='ga_pike' post='1967506' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:24 AM']I post this in this forum because it directly relates to much of what we do in here. Is Edwin Watts taking a direct shot at our forum?? This is an exerpt from the e-mail I just received...

[b]DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ

Specifically as we approach the end of the PGA Tour season, the Internet is loaded with great information about golf clubs that Tour pros are using and testing out for next season. But some of that data is misleading. Several websites stake representative bloggers out at PGA Tour events who take photos of clubs in players' bags and add captions with any details about the clubs that they can gather – then publish them so that they can say they were the first to report such findings. These postings often lead readers to think that the clubs and balls shown will soon be available to the public. But that isn't necessarily the case. Equipment manufacturers have recently been expressing their frustration about this process, claiming that many of the new goods that their Tour pro staffers are playing are merely prototypes that will never make it to market, and also that details reported are often incorrect. For reliable information, several companies – such as Titleist and Cobra -- post their own Tour blogs on their websites, loaded with information about upcoming products. And just about every major equipment brand also has a Tour news section on their website that shows which pros are playing which equipment. And of course, edwinwattsgolf.com's "Watt's in the Bag" section displays what the winner of each event played en route to victory.[/b][/quote]
And where do they get their "Watt's in the Bag"? Just a list of clubs or pics? And if it is "Tour Only" it
just means that EW, GG, Dick's can't get it. But we can !! :pimp:

[quote name='easyyy' post='1967536' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:39 AM']Edwin Watts is a retailer. Their WITB is inaccurate. Here is Tiger WITB... [url="http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html"]http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/wattsinthebag/34.html[/url] I see 4 errors there. [b]"Dont Believe Everything You Read" [/b]LOL :rolleyes:

[b][i]We have very close relationships with EVERY manufacturer out there. Our info is dead on accurate. Sure from time to time there is a technical mistake but it is very rare.
[/i]
[/b]The fact that we post development prototypes and variants to the retail models doesnt make us "misleading". We have broadcast and published the work behind the scenes for the "Core" golfer to engage in. We are here for the member and to enhance the game we love.

(Bold/italics added for reference)
And that is why we joined this site. For the inside scoop. Thanks easyyy.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='Asleep' post='1967532' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:35 AM']Nothing for us to fret about.

Although GolfWRX does a better/quicker WITB than anyone else out there, imo.

Remember EW is in the equipment selling business, so their motives are different than those of GolfWRX.[/quote]

Education is power!

The truth is GolfWRX previews both retail and prototype equipment before most anyone.

Is there a GolfWRX WITB section that I am missing out on?

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Not a shot at all.

They're in the business of selling golf equipment - specifically, the golf equipment they have IN INVENTORY, not some new club in a tour player's bag that may or may not ever see the light of day commercially.

I know I've read more than one comment here to the effect of "I'm going to hold off on X and wait for the new SuperMogel XL BoomBlaster R1,245 (with variable talent technology) to come out in February."

If I was a retailer, I'd want my customers to understand there's no guarantee the R1,245 will be released.

[quote name='Jayhawk' post='1967623' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:28 AM']We are a boutique golf site, we only sell the best of the best, sort of like the Ferraris and Lamborghinis of golf equipment. EW & Co are just a bunch of jealous haters who live in their parents basements. -Todd[/quote]
What's wrong with living in your parent's basements? It is usually cool, it's cheap and mom can do my laundry!

Are we holding on a little too tight here???? Where did the post say it was Golfwrx? From what I read, the subject of the post was that some "tour prototype" product is never released to the public. I don't see where that is an attack on anyone. It is fact, most follwers of this website know that.
Let's face it, the majority of golfers would gain no performance advantage by playing " tour issue" products. What equipment is played on tour should have no bearing on what the average golfer plays since the skill levels are obviously much lower. This being said, there are many golfers, yes even on this site, that play equipment that does not match their skill set. Most people do this because it gives the impression that they are better than thet really are. If you feel that "tour issue" clubs make you play better, than good for you. Nowhere in that post does it say anything about the politics of retail golf stores versus "tour issue" sites. Take a deep breath and it will all be ok!!!!

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

[quote name='liveagua' post='1967515' date='Sep 23 2009, 08:28 AM']Not really taking a shot, just posting what their feelings are.

+1, couldn't agree with you more.

plus the info we get here is alot more accurate than anyone could hope to get from EW or any other big box store!

Funny i get this e-mail from EW read it, then log on to our site and see their is already a topic, I guess where are they getting their info from because I'm seeing misleading errors in some of those pro's bags

WELCOME
Welcome to the latest issue of Equipment Insider, sent out monthly exclusively to the loyal customers of Edwin Watts Golf. If you haven’t already signed up for your free Equipment Insider subscription, then please click here - there’s no obligation and you can cancel at any time.

DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ

Specifically as we approach the end of the PGA Tour season, the Internet is loaded with great information about golf clubs that Tour pros are using and testing out for next season. But some of that data is misleading. Several websites stake representative bloggers out at PGA Tour events who take photos of clubs in players’ bags and add captions with any details about the clubs that they can gather – then publish them so that they can say they were the first to report such findings. These postings often lead readers to think that the clubs and balls shown will soon be available to the public. But that isn’t necessarily the case. Equipment manufacturers have recently been expressing their frustration about this process, claiming that many of the new goods that their Tour pro staffers are playing are merely prototypes that will never make it to market, and also that details reported are often incorrect. For reliable information, several companies – such as Titleist and Cobra -- post their own Tour blogs on their websites, loaded with information about upcoming products. And just about every major equipment brand also has a Tour news section on their website that shows which pros are playing which equipment. And of course, edwinwattsgolf.com’s “Watt’s in the Bag” section displays what the winner of each event played en route to victory.

EQUIPMENT
TaylorMade Raylor Hybrid

The V-shaped rail in the center of the sole helps the club slice through thick grass – helping you escape from nasty rough. A slightly sharp, pointed leading edge on this compact clubhead promotes clean face-to-ball contact, while the sole – shaped like a ship’s hull that sloped upward at the sides -- aims to glide through rough and resist slowdown and twisting. Because of its radius, the sole also helps you hit the ball solidly from sidehill lies. There is 70 percent more sole relief on the heel and toe side compared to a typical Rescue club, which makes it easier to make solid contact with any ball that’s above or below your feet. An ultra-low CG helps lift the ball up and out of trouble. Versatile, the Raylor also works nicely from fairway lies, as well, and can be used to play low, running chips or from awkward collar positions. The club’s also a half-inch longer, promoting more swing speed and leverage, and it comes in lofts of 19° and 22°. Kenny Perry has been spotted playing the club in competition this year.

Adams Idea Tech a7 Irons

Adams Golf has been leading the way with hybrids on Tour and in the public’s hands, and these new hybrid irons are proof as to why the franchise has been so successful. Each club in the set’s individually optimized to fully integrate together – for consistent yardage progression from one club to the next. Intended for mid-handicap players, the set features a 3- and 4-hybrid, a hollow-back 5 transition iron and precision engineered scoring clubs in 6-iron through pitching wedge. The 3- and 4-hybrids blend high-performance with forgiveness, incorporating sole camber that eases hitting from any lie and rear-weighting that increases carry distance. The 5 transition iron features a patented hollow-back design and a thin face, while the shorter irons bear thin top lines and sole widths for workability, as well as dual cavity-backs and stabilizer bars for forgiveness and feel. Stock shafts are your choice of the UST Proforce AXIVCore Black 85-gram graphite or True Temper Performance Lite steel.

HOT GEAR NEWS

Pinnacle’s soon introducing several new ball models. The Dimension is for golfers seeking straight flight, soft feel and long distance. Its soft, thin Ionomer cover provides cut-proof durability and its large, soft core enhances the soft feel with a high initial velocity and long distance with greenside control. The new-and-improved Gold Precision has more accuracy and distance than its predecessor, also delivering soft feel. The Gold Distance will appeal to value conscious recreational golfers who prioritize long, straight distance. And the Pinnacle Ribbon is for value-conscious women golfers seeking distance and soft feel in white and lavender pearl covers…For skilled players wanting more workability, Adams Golf will debut in October its Idea Pro Black hybrids bearing a premium non-glare black nickel-plated finish. These have been put in play 300+ times this season on the PGA, Champions and Nationwide Tours. The compact and workable clubhead features 25 grams of low/back weighting combined with a forward weight port that allows for exact swing weight and shaft adjustments. An ultra-thin stainless steel crown and a maraging steel face yield lower spin and a hotter ball flight…Want to be more like Sergio Garcia on the course? Like him, you can try TaylorMade’s upcoming Penta TP five-layer ball that aims to optimize performance in five key shot categories that skilled players need – driver, long-irons, middle-irons, short-irons and partial wedges. The ball’s five layers each play a role in optimizing performance. The soft urethane cover promotes a high spin rate on partial wedge shots; the firm/fast outer mantle promotes optimum spin off short-irons, to stop the ball quick without sucking it back; the semi-firm and fast middle mantle promotes mid-launch and mid-spin off the middle irons; the soft, fast inner mantle yields soft feel, high launch and low spin off the long irons, for distance and high, soft-landing flight; and the soft, low-compression core causes high launch and low spin off the driver… Aldila debuted the En Fuego shaft series that features three shafts with a higher CG geared toward modern clubheads. Each shaft promotes a different ball flight: Serrano - a low-to-mid launch, Wasabi - a mid-launch, and Habanero - a mid-to-high launch. Each is offered in R, S and X flexes, and sports Aldila's Micro Laminate Technology…The Nike Method putter Lucas Glover and Stewart Cink used to capture this year’s U.S. Open and British Open, respectively, will arrive to the public later this year in four blade models and one mallet.

CHECK OUT NICKS PICKS to see which of the latest products are being recommended by Edwin Watts Golf sales manager Kenny Nicholson.

DO YOU HAVE EQUIPMENT OR TOUR USAGE QUESTIONS? If so, please email them to [email protected]. We’d be happy to answer them in coming issues of Equipment Insider. To see what the 2009 PGA Tour winners are using, visit “Watts in the Bag” at [url="http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/WattsInTheBag/34.html"]http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/WattsInTheBag/34.html[/url].

THIS JUST IN »

Adams Idea A7 Irons and Hybrids
Cobra S2 ans S2 Forged Irons
FootJoy FJ Icon Shoes
Mizuno MX-1000, MX-300, MP-58 and MP-68 irons
Mizuno MP T10 Wedges
Nike Vapor Shoes
Ping G15 and i15 Clubs
Ping iN and Wack-E Putters
TaylorMade Raylor Hybrids

LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST - FREE! To help with your game.