Grafalloy Prototype Bimatrx

Here you go guys, a complete info!!!!
Prototype BiMatrx™

What’s All the Buzz About???

What’s All the Buzz About???

BiMatrx Design Philosophy

Mission - Innovation Driven by Performance Improvement!

Steel

Graphite

Proprietary Design

The Problem

* Approximately 75% of all golfers launch the ball below the optimum range of 12-14 degrees launch angle.

* Any professional clubfitter will attest that the quickest way to increase initial launch angle is by adding loft to the driver.

* Unfortunately adding as little as 2 degrees additional loft to your driver can increase spin rates by as much as 30% leading to a reduction in overall distance.

Increased loft is the quickest way to increase initial launch angle. However, spin rates are dramatically increased as loft is added to the clubface.

The Solution

* Grafalloy Prototype BiMatrx allows golfers to increase the loft on their drivers by as much as 30% while offering a 20% reduction in spin rate.

* This unique combination produces the ultimate marriage of high launch and low spin resulting in incredible carry and roll.

The mid trajectory design of Grafalloy Prototype BiMatrx works in conjunction with higher lofted drivers to reduce spin rates by as much as 20% when compared to traditional graphite shafts resulting in the ultimate distance combination of high launch and low spin!

The Results :

* Currently being used by the #1 player in the world!

* Currently being used by the leader in PGA Tour driving distance averaging a colossal 319.4 yards off the tee!

* BiMatrx™ technology has claimed three major championships and over a dozen tour titles!

Prototype BiMatrx Driver

.600”

.600”

.600”

Butt O.D.

8”

8”

8”

Tip Length

46”

46”

46”

O.A. Length

Mid

2.8º

.335”

80 grams

Proto X

Mid

2.9º

.335”

77 grams

Proto R

Mid

2.9º

.335”

78 grams

Proto S

Prototype BiMatrx Fairway

Ball Flight

Torque

Tip O.D.

Weight

Product

Specifications

Ball Flight

Torque

Tip Length

O.A. Length

Butt O.D.

Tip O.D.

Weight

Product

Mid

2.9º

8”

44”

.600”

.335”

77 grams

Proto FW X

Mid

2.9º

8”

44”

.600”

.335”

76 grams

Proto FW S

Mid

2.9º

8”

44”

.600”

.335”

75 grams

Proto FW R

Cosmetic Options

Prototype Black

Prototype Pink

Product Codes

UGPB33DR-46-BLACK

UGPB33DS-46-BLACK

UGPB33DX-46-BLACK

UGPB33FWR-44-BLACK

UGPB33FWS-44-BLACK

UGPB33FWX-44-BLACK

UGPB33DR-46-Pink

UGPB33DS-46-Pink

UGPB33DX-46-Pink

UGPB33FWR-44-Pink

UGPB33FWS-44-Pink

UGPB33FWX-44-Pink

Prototype Black Driver

Prototype Black Fairway

Prototype Pink Driver

Prototype Pink Fairway

Enjoy it!

Joe Kwok

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read somewhere it was going to be in the $100+ range, but if so is there anything different about this than the old bimatrix besides that Tiger is playing it?

Stealth 9* - SIM2 15* - SIM2 19.5* - g425 5i (powerspec) - i525 6-U (6i 1* strong) - Glide 3.0 54*/58* - SM8 62* - F22

I'm still trying to figure out a 3h or 5w or DI but I hate them all so far...

i read somewhere it was going to be in the $100+ range, but if so is there anything different about this than the old bimatrix besides that Tiger is playing it?

You can find specs for the old BM shafts on TrueTemper's website under "classic shafts". There were two models when these were last available at retail. Unfortunately, specs for the very first generation of BM shaft (like that played by Mark Calcavecchia, I think?) were not available on the TT website.:

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/classic.asp

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/rxi.asp

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/rocket.asp

It looks like they've kept the overall shaft weight the same as well as kept the length of the steel tip section the same (at least vs. one of the models. One did have a shorter steel tip).

The differences appear to be:

1) the new BM shaft is only offered in .335 tip diameter (old models came in both .335 and .350)

2) The newer model is tuned for "Mid" flight, whereas the older models gave you an option for "high" or "low" depending on the model you chose.

3) Torque for the new model is lower than both older models -- RXI was 3.5, Rocket was 4.0.

Then again, stats never tell the full story. I suppose we'll all have to hit it to find out.

Any predictions how long this "can't miss" shaft will last this time? I chuckle after the first time when Calc won with it by the then biggest margin ever and immediately everyone was ordering their TISI with the bi-matrix. Within months ping had 70% of them back for reshafts---others were done by the owners. And Calc was hardly Tiger or Bubba.

Already have one on the way

hopefully it will solve my excess spin problem like it says it will

anyone have any idea on tipping for this thing??

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSi3 9° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSi2 15° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist ('21) T200 Utility 2i w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Hybrid 100 TX

Titleist ('21) T200 4i, T100S 5-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey HG SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F, 56.12D, 60.08M w/ TT DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Tour Teryllium Fastback TFB-1.5 T22

Already have one on the way

hopefully it will solve my excess spin problem like it says it will

anyone have any idea on tipping for this thing??

Note sure if this recommendation still applies for the new model, but the TT website, and the instructions I got with my older BM shaft specifically said not to tip trim these shafts -- butt trim only.

See the TT website.

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/trimming_rxi.asp

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/trimming_rocket.asp

I thought the lettering on the shaft that Tiger uses has the Grafalloy Prototype up closer to the grip and not the tip. That would look kinda funky with the graphics that low.

Chances are he's using a different model than the one available to the public :golfer:

Regardless, it won't matter because the logo is aligned facing down.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I thought the lettering on the shaft that Tiger uses has the Grafalloy Prototype up closer to the grip and not the tip. That would look kinda funky with the graphics that low.

Chances are he's using a different model than the one available to the public :golfer:

Regardless, it won't matter because the logo is aligned facing down.

That poses an interesting question. Why would they release a prototype that looks exactly like the ones TW and Bubba are playing if they aren't the same bend profile? I would agree with you that if it wasn't labeled as a prototype it would probably different. Tiger hasn't played a shaft that was made uniquely for him since the brief stint with the Grafalloy Blue. The Diamana and Grafalloy Axis he put in play for 1 round were both retail shafts just tipped to his specs. In my best estimation, I would it say its the same shaft.

I could definently be wrong on my theory, so first off has anyone seen the shaft in person or a picture of it in full. (besides Tigers and Bubbas) because i believe that Grafalloy needed a picture of a certain size for promotions and websites and that if they took the pic to show the logo and the steel tip it would be a much larger photo and the shaft would look smaller. So maybe im not making sense but basically i think they photoshoped the logo and name to produce a cleaner more detailed pic with the steel tip. Cause when you look at pics of most shafts they only show the model and name, because they dont need to show the tip. Follow me?

I could definently be wrong on my theory, so first off has anyone seen the shaft in person or a picture of it in full. (besides Tigers and Bubbas) because i believe that Grafalloy needed a picture of a certain size for promotions and websites and that if they took the pic to show the logo and the steel tip it would be a much larger photo and the shaft would look smaller. So maybe im not making sense but basically i think they photoshoped the logo and name to produce a cleaner more detailed pic with the steel tip. Cause when you look at pics of most shafts they only show the model and name, because they dont need to show the tip. Follow me?

Yeah, you hit the nail right on the head. Did anyone seriously think the graphics would be that low on the shaft??? :golfer:

Vapor Pro 10.5° Aldila Tour Green 65 TX
VR Pro Ltd 15º Fubuki Tour 73 X
Idea Pro 18º VS Proto 80 X
Vapor Pro Combo (3-5) Blade (6-PW) C Taper 130 X
Cleveland RTX 4 Raw 54°/60° DGTI S400
Byron Morgan 006 Stainless

Heres a question about the shaft in general, cause it kind of confuses me:

I have a 8.5 driver with a Diamana 83. I launch the ball to low i feel. According the the Bimatrix i should use their shaft to increase launch without spin because it is a mid kick shaft. Why wouldnt i buy a normal shaft with a mid kick or a pro launch with a low kick.

Basically i thought this shaft was for control, and after reading what the company has to say it seems like its all about launch angle. If i want to increase launch angle will the BiMatrx do it better than another shaft? because it talks about reducing spin due to its mid flex, arent most shafts out there the same?

Gonna have to agree with you on that one. I'm sure that's what it is. Bravo to me for not even thinking about that. :golfer:

Heres a question about the shaft in general, cause it kind of confuses me:

I have a 8.5 driver with a Diamana 83. I launch the ball to low i feel. According the the Bimatrix i should use their shaft to increase launch without spin because it is a mid kick shaft. Why wouldnt i buy a normal shaft with a mid kick or a pro launch with a low kick.

Basically i thought this shaft was for control, and after reading what the company has to say it seems like its all about launch angle. If i want to increase launch angle will the BiMatrx do it better than another shaft? because it talks about reducing spin due to its mid flex, arent most shafts out there the same?

you misinterpreted - it doesn't say use the shaft to increase launch angle (which is generally a bad idea anyway). it says you can use more loft without adding too much spin by using the bimatrx in the higher lofted head. put more simply, you can go from 9.5 to 10.5 without increasing spin.