Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

There is a few more of us "Converts" Me... Seekonkholen1 (same on BSG since 2005) and My buddy ROBOPTI ( Find a swing Video on this guy, damn he swings hard), who was a BSG'R for a long time too. I still visit there and post on there. I'm a Titleist Fan (not a good thing over there) so my posts usually end with someone pointing out that everything Titleist is High Spin... lol

[i][b]I did get an email from them the other day that they are having server issues but they will be back up and running soon.[/b][/i] Which I for one am happy about. There are a lot of good people on that board as well as this one.We are all Golf Junkies whether on this site BSG or any other forum. We do not need to agree with everything that is said on any board. That's the beauty of a forum. We are all here for the core reason Golf.

Maybe Todd has made a few mistakes, maybe he has talked out of turn a couple of times but hey, haven't we all?

I will say that threads run longer here and people are allowed to post their thoughts more freely here. However, each business owner is allowed to determine how he/she wants to run their business.

Jorge

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I need to add one more thing, or two. BSG was the first internet golf site that I found, and the only one I knew about for a long time. I had a lot of fun on that site, and made a few nice friendships there.

I paid the insider membership fee for a few years because I enjoyed the site, the pictures and the feedback. I felt that $100 was easily a fair fee for the information that I was getting. If the site gets up and going, and the quality of the information is good, then I will re-up.

Along the way I ran into components, then, of course recently, a couple of other good sites. It's nice to be an educated consumer.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

[quote name='gvogel' post='2043337' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:40 PM']Hi all,

I need to add one more thing, or two. BSG was the first internet golf site that I found, and the only one I knew about for a long time. I had a lot of fun on that site, and made a few nice friendships there.

I paid the insider membership fee for a few years because I enjoyed the site, the pictures and the feedback. I felt that $100 was easily a fair fee for the information that I was getting. If the site gets up and going, and the quality of the information is good, then I will re-up.

Along the way I ran into components, then, of course recently, a couple of other good sites. It's nice to be an educated consumer.[/quote]

Sorry Gvogel... I meant to add you to my post above too and of course the notorious Kevcarter ;)

Jorge

That is really sad...Just a spiral of lies, lies and more lies...

I was a mod there for about 3 years and got into countless disagreements about not being a "team player", toeing the company line etc. with Todd...I never really got into his business at all, I just kept doing it because I enjoyed doing it (for a while) and had tons of friends on BSG.

It's been over a year since I was a mod and I spend 99% of my "forum time" over here...obviously can't say enough good things about what goes on here...

Pretty pathetic about Todd's mother trying to contact him and given that is was Tom Wishon himself who posted that it would absolutely have to be true...As some others have said, you reap what you sow...It's a shame so many people got taken during that time.

[quote name='gvogel' post='2043297' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:24 AM'][quote name='gvogel' post='2043009' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:59 AM']After more than a week of darkness, and 8 pages of this thread, it's becoming apparent that I will not be receiving the SQ 282 head, 2 Kai'li' shafts, and Tour Burner iron heads that I ordered and paid for.

I can live with that. I should have known better. Yes, I drank the cool-aid, and I had ordered TM heads a couple of years ago, none of which were as good as the SMT heads that have worked well for me.

This is all very interesting. It was time for me to move on, from an equipment standpoint.

So, the emperor had no clothes on.

Well, here I am, the new guy, and I hope to have a bit of fun with you all, from time to time. Ouch, the sting of getting fleeced.... :fool:

(Love the emoticoms over here!)[/quote]
I just learned that my package arrived!
OK, here's the deal. If the SQ 282/Kai'li' lives up to expectations, which are, admittedly, very high, I'm still a believer. I did have a lot of fun over there. I also got the NOPE treatment - pretty savvy programming!

It was nice to find out about this site. I'll be around.
[/quote]

Ask Todd about the SQ 484, most people don't even know about it, I bet he does but denies it's existance. The 282 is his specialty now. It's the same concept as the 282, actually has 484 written on the head. His connection is shared among others on the boards and the net. Some people can order directly from TM tour gear, if the order is big enough, they will deliver. I have seen the order forms and lots of tour gear. Just go to the bay, look for the guy selling all the tour heads, he probably orders direct from TM. They don't fall off the van! He buys them in bulk from TM's out dated stock. Money talks, especially in this economy. Usually you can order mass quantities of old heads they don't offer. They sell off old stock, and tour heads are included in the sell off. Say, HFS heads for example. ,o) They don't offer the HFS / '07 TP FWY anymore now that they have the Tour Burners and R9's. So order a huge batch of '07 Burner FWY's and you are bound to get a few HFS heads and tour no serial heads in the batch. After all, they do save a batch of old tour heads in case someone wants an old one. The guys that order tons can usually get a few of the newest items via the same connections. Like a set of R9 TP B's with every $25k purchase or something to that nature.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='Nutlush' post='2042921' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:19 AM']I wondered how the Taylor Made adjustable face technology would effect their business, because I thought face bending was an important service to offer.[/quote]

HAHA! If I remember correctly, Todd was less than optimistic about things initially; [i]tour players are still going to prefer a glued head, bent and weighted to their specs.[/i] That is, until he showed up with FCT tips at $75.00 plus the price of the shaft.

I am a member over at BSG. I found BSG "back in the day" and then got out of golf for a couple of years. When I "re-discovered" BSG back in June 2009, it was a different place, but I still enjoyed the General Golf forum. To be honest, I never read any of the shaft reviews and very few of the "tour" head reviews, due to their bias towards their own product. However, I really like the site, but you just got to take it with a grain of salt...much like most things in life.

whats the story about TODD's mom?

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki Tour 73g Stiff
TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
Callaway PM 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.

whats the story about TODD's mom?

:D :D :D

39115703_ffc4dab263_o.jpg

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2043305' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:26 PM']My buddy ROBOPTI ( Find a swing Video on this guy, damn he swings hard)
Jorge[/quote]

Go to his Photobucket account and there is video of it on there. I tried to post
the link, but the administrators here do not allow links to that website. That's
the error message I got anyway.

I love the post follow-through foot work he has. Great stuff!! :lol: (Where's the dancing banana emoticon??)

[quote name='gvogel' post='2043297' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:24 PM']I just learned that my package arrived!
OK, here's the deal. If the SQ 282/Kai'li' lives up to expectations, which are, admittedly, very high, I'm still a believer. I did have a lot of fun over there. I also got the NOPE treatment - pretty savvy programming![/quote]

Glad to hear you got your stuff G!!!

[quote name='corky' post='2043494' date='Nov 3 2009, 03:49 PM'][quote name='studatnu' post='2043462' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:33 PM']whats the story about TODD's mom?[/quote]

apparently she's heard about some of the thing's her son has done and want's to 'Spank her naughty boy's little behind'
[/quote]

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Callaway PM 54* & 58*

My absolute funniest things on that site:

1. The Car Forum. Not only does the owner of the site post all of his cars but he makes fun of other cars that people either own or would like to own. If you owned/own a business would you put pictures of your belongings on your counter or taped to the windows on your building for customers to see. "Hey this is what I buy with your money. Thanks!" haha. Good business practice.

2. The Supplement Guide. A schedule of what they eat/supplements they take on a daily basis. To me, if you are working out, eating well, and taking a few supplements well good for you. I am happy that you are trying to better yourself BUT the extent that they take is unbelievable. "I have been working out for the last 25 years and I can can bench press Buicks, and I swing extra hard" THEN i see their launch monitor data and I see 110s to 115 in swing speed. 110s to 115 is pretty decent, but to act like you are workout/inshape kings, actors from the hit movie 300, sculptured from greece and you are only swinging ~112 is pretty weak. Maybe dont worry so much about taking that 40gram protein bar at exactly 7:42am. In my opinion, go out to the range and have your best friend slap you in the face a few times which will make you super angry and put some actual bend in that sweet Limey Ozik. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who swings in the 80s, 90s but if you go out of your way to claim that you are such a fit and scultped stud well prove it.

[quote name='deeeep' post='2043527' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM']My absolute funniest things on that site:

1. The Car Forum. Not only does the owner of the site post all of his cars but he makes fun of other cars that people either own or would like to own. If you owned/own a business would you put pictures of your belongings on your counter or taped to the windows on your building for customers to see. "Hey this is what I buy with your money. Thanks!" haha. Good business practice.

[b]2. The Supplement Guide. A schedule of what they eat/supplements they take on a daily basis. To me, if you are working out, eating well, and taking a few supplements well good for you. I am happy that you are trying to better yourself BUT the extent that they take is unbelievable. "I have been working out for the last 25 years and I can can bench press Buicks, and I swing extra hard" THEN i see their launch monitor data and I see 110s to 115 in swing speed. 110s to 115 is pretty decent, but to act like you are workout/inshape kings, actors from the hit movie 300, sculpture from greece and you are only swinging ~112 is pretty weak. Maybe dont worry so much about take the 40gram protein bar at exactly 7:42am. In my opinion, go out to the range and have your best friend slap you in the face a few times which will make you super angry and put some actual bend in that sweet Limey Ozik. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who swings in the 80s, 90s but if you go out of your way to claim that you are such a fit and scultped stud well prove it.[/b][/quote]
FUN. Ill have to stir some dust up in that forum when it comes back up. I have a BS in Sports Med and Nutrition Science. Ill have to "take them to school".

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[quote name='studatnu' post='2043462' date='Nov 3 2009, 12:33 PM']whats the story about TODD's mom?[/quote]
What's the story about Mrs. Bighitter? She used to post a lot in the general and retail forum. There was even a picture posted of their wedding day. Not as good as the mandal's he wore to the Kia Ma initial fitting.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043538' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:11 PM'][quote name='deeeep' post='2043527' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM']My absolute funniest things on that site:

[b]2. The Supplement Guide. A schedule of what they eat/supplements they take on a daily basis. To me, if you are working out, eating well, and taking a few supplements well good for you. I am happy that you are trying to better yourself BUT the extent that they take is unbelievable. "I have been working out for the last 25 years and I can can bench press Buicks, and I swing extra hard" THEN i see their launch monitor data and I see 110s to 115 in swing speed. 110s to 115 is pretty decent, but to act like you are workout/inshape kings, actors from the hit movie 300, sculpture from greece and you are only swinging ~112 is pretty weak. Maybe dont worry so much about take the 40gram protein bar at exactly 7:42am. In my opinion, go out to the range and have your best friend slap you in the face a few times which will make you super angry and put some actual bend in that sweet Limey Ozik. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who swings in the 80s, 90s but if you go out of your way to claim that you are such a fit and scultped stud well prove it.[/b][/quote]
FUN. Ill have to stir some dust up in that forum when it comes back up. I have a BS in Sports Med and Nutrition Science. Ill have to "take them to school".
[/quote]

the toddfather will tell you that a pga tour players trainer gave him that work out and its tour issued so it'll command top dollars. I'm sure as he is typing it he'll be chowing a donut :)

Callaway PM 54* & 58*

[quote name='studatnu' post='2043553' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:16 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043538' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:11 PM'][quote name='deeeep' post='2043527' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM']My absolute funniest things on that site:

[/quote]

the toddfather will tell you that a pga tour players trainer gave him that work out and its tour issued so it'll command top dollars. I'm sure as he is typing it[b] he'll be chowing a donut :)[/b]
[/quote]
I hear he does like a long john every now and then

Seemore mFGP2 

[quote name='studatnu' post='2043553' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:16 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043538' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:11 PM'][quote name='deeeep' post='2043527' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM']My absolute funniest things on that site:

[/quote]

the [b]fraud[/b]father will tell you that a pga tour players trainer gave him that work out and its tour issued so it'll command top dollars. I'm sure as he is typing it he'll be chowing a donut :)
[/quote]

Yeah I guess it was Tiger himself that personally asked for those workout tips to be posted. Tiger had a rough time trying to sculpt his biceps until the fraudfather came around and showed him to properly curl a dumbbell. It has been said that Tiger's wife wasn't proud of Tiger's arms and thought they were scrawny and weak. So, I guess Fraud came over for some workout sessions and showed tiger how to properly pound some iron. He even hooked tiger up with some tour issued adams fairways that needed to be ground down and refinished to look like Nike's. Thats how tiger hits his fairways so hit with such low spin. If anyone was wondering, its not Tiger, but the tour issued/limey ozik combo does all the work. Supposdly no other club or shaft in the world can do this or at least thats what I have been preached.

[quote name='deeeep' post='2043527' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM']My absolute funniest things on that site:

[b]1. The Car Forum. Not only does the owner of the site post all of his cars but he makes fun of other cars that people either own or would like to own. If you owned/own a business would you put pictures of your belongings on your counter or taped to the windows on your building for customers to see. "Hey this is what I buy with your money. Thanks!" haha. Good business practice.

2. The Supplement Guide. A schedule of what they eat/supplements they take on a daily basis. To me, if you are working out, eating well, and taking a few supplements well good for you. I am happy that you are trying to better yourself BUT the extent that they take is unbelievable. "I have been working out for the last 25 years and I can can bench press Buicks, and I swing extra hard" THEN i see their launch monitor data and I see 110s to 115 in swing speed. 110s to 115 is pretty decent, but to act like you are workout/inshape kings, actors from the hit movie 300, sculptured from greece and you are only swinging ~112 is pretty weak. Maybe dont worry so much about taking that 40gram protein bar at exactly 7:42am. In my opinion, go out to the range and have your best friend slap you in the face a few times which will make you super angry and put some actual bend in that sweet Limey Ozik. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who swings in the 80s, 90s but if you go out of your way to claim that you are such a fit and scultped stud well prove it.
[/b][/quote]

good lord what is this guy compensating for?!?!?!?!?!?!? he sounds like a complete d-bag

[quote name='goinglow72' post='2043288' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:20 PM']I have NO doubt that Todd will have BSG back up and running again soon, becuase we all know that even though he isn't screwing as many people as he once did, there were several "money bags" that he was still getting.

I do however believe....that If BSG is really gone for good, than that would be a "real" reason for a ""[b]BLACK TIE AFFAIR[/b]!!!!!!"" ;)[/quote]

Are you aware of the fact that your avatar is the exact one Todd uses!! :lol:

[quote name='rebels68' post='2043709' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:15 PM'][quote name='goinglow72' post='2043288' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:20 PM']I have NO doubt that Todd will have BSG back up and running again soon, becuase we all know that even though he isn't screwing as many people as he once did, there were several "money bags" that he was still getting.

I do however believe....that If BSG is really gone for good, than that would be a "real" reason for a ""[b]BLACK TIE AFFAIR[/b]!!!!!!"" ;)[/quote]

[/quote]
Its a tour issue avatar he bought for $1400

Seemore mFGP2 

[quote name='markheardjr' post='2043543' date='Nov 3 2009, 03:12 PM'][quote name='studatnu' post='2043462' date='Nov 3 2009, 12:33 PM']whats the story about TODD's mom?[/quote]
What's the story about Mrs. Bighitter? She used to post a lot in the general and retail forum. There was even a picture posted of their wedding day. Not as good as the mandal's he wore to the Kia Ma initial fitting.
[/quote]

Somebody has got to find and post a pic of the mandals.

[quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043564' date='Nov 3 2009, 03:20 PM'][quote name='studatnu' post='2043553' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:16 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043538' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:11 PM'][quote name='deeeep' post='2043527' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM']My absolute funniest things on that site:

[/quote]

the toddfather will tell you that a pga tour players trainer gave him that work out and its tour issued so it'll command top dollars. I'm sure as he is typing it[b] he'll be chowing a donut :) [/b]
[/quote]
I hear he does like a long john every now and then
[/quote]
Wonder if he puts horsey sauce on his long john? :partytime2:

[quote name='rebels68' post='2043709' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:15 PM'][quote name='goinglow72' post='2043288' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:20 PM']I have NO doubt that Todd will have BSG back up and running again soon, becuase we all know that even though he isn't screwing as many people as he once did, there were several "money bags" that he was still getting.

[/quote]

[quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043722' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:20 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2043709' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:15 PM'][quote name='goinglow72' post='2043288' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:20 PM']I have NO doubt that Todd will have BSG back up and running again soon, becuase we all know that even though he isn't screwing as many people as he once did, there were several "money bags" that he was still getting.

[/quote]
Its a tour issue avatar he bought for $1400
[/quote]

What an idiot. I could have procured him one for only $900

Todd is a D-Bag crook. I get all the stuff about if people will pay then that is their problem. What I dont get is that people were paying based on lies. Why is that ok? I also dont understand why soo many are willing to give DClown a pass. He was right in the middle of all of it, taking your money, lying about the products and smiling all the way to Toad's bank. He knew everything about what was going on and continued to profit from it. BSG is a joke and has been for a few years now. Since many of the members left, Benny Payless, JayLasVegas, Stage,. Rare and many others, it went downhill and has not been the same.. Just my .02

does anyone actually know what Todd paid for the stuff he got. I remember him saying that he was paying more and more for the new goods??

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Ventus Blue TR 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/DG 120 X100

W/S Forged 50* w/DG TI S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG TI S400

Kia Ma Daytona TP
TP5X 24'