Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='elrey23' post='2043738' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:27 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043564' date='Nov 3 2009, 03:20 PM'][quote name='studatnu' post='2043553' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:16 PM'][quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2043538' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:11 PM'][quote name='deeeep' post='2043527' date='Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM']My absolute funniest things on that site:

1. The Car Forum. Not only does the owner of the site post all of his cars but he makes fun of other cars that people either own or would like to own. If you owned/own a business would you put pictures of your belongings on your counter or taped to the windows on your building for customers to see. "Hey this is what I buy with your money. Thanks!" haha. Good business practice.

[b]2. The Supplement Guide. A schedule of what they eat/supplements they take on a daily basis. To me, if you are working out, eating well, and taking a few supplements well good for you. I am happy that you are trying to better yourself BUT the extent that they take is unbelievable. "I have been working out for the last 25 years and I can can bench press Buicks, and I swing extra hard" THEN i see their launch monitor data and I see 110s to 115 in swing speed. 110s to 115 is pretty decent, but to act like you are workout/inshape kings, actors from the hit movie 300, sculpture from greece and you are only swinging ~112 is pretty weak. Maybe dont worry so much about take the 40gram protein bar at exactly 7:42am. In my opinion, go out to the range and have your best friend slap you in the face a few times which will make you super angry and put some actual bend in that sweet Limey Ozik. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who swings in the 80s, 90s but if you go out of your way to claim that you are such a fit and scultped stud well prove it.[/b][/quote]
FUN. Ill have to stir some dust up in that forum when it comes back up. I have a BS in Sports Med and Nutrition Science. Ill have to "take them to school".
[/quote]

the toddfather will tell you that a pga tour players trainer gave him that work out and its tour issued so it'll command top dollars. I'm sure as he is typing it[b] he'll be chowing a donut :) [/b]
[/quote]
I hear he does like a long john every now and then
[/quote]
Wonder if he puts horsey sauce on his long john? :partytime2:
[/quote]
Van Wilder :D

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mozart' post='2043752' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:34 PM']Any chance we could keep on topic?A lot of people probably would like to know the reasons for their having alienated so many.

[b]Not everyone wants to wade through the really world class one liners.[/b][/quote]

I do. They're funny.

This might be the last chance where everybody gets to air it all out and then put it behind them.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2043709' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:15 PM'][quote name='goinglow72' post='2043288' date='Nov 3 2009, 02:20 PM']I have NO doubt that Todd will have BSG back up and running again soon, becuase we all know that even though he isn't screwing as many people as he once did, there were several "money bags" that he was still getting.

I do however believe....that If BSG is really gone for good, than that would be a "real" reason for a ""[b]BLACK TIE AFFAIR[/b]!!!!!!"" ;)[/quote]

Are you aware of the fact that your avatar is the exact one Todd uses!! :lol:

[/quote]

Yea, It appears he stole that too!! :tease:

[quote name='mozart' post='2043752' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:34 PM']Any chance we could keep on topic?A lot of people probably would like to know the reasons for their having alienated so many.

Not everyone wants to wade through the really world class one liners.[/quote]

From what I have gathered by reading through all of this as someone who is pretty much neutral on this whole topic, there is basically nothing but a bunch of unsubstantiated comments which is why you keep reading a bunch of one liners.

No one has proof of anything. It all comes down to the fact that many guys on here seem to have clashed with Todd and some of the other BSG crew's personalities over various things. That I can maybe see since not everyone is going to like one another in any aspect of life much less over a golf forum. However, the deceptive business practices and such seem to be totally unfounded without a shred of solid evidence.

Some of you guys obviously harbor some deep issues which you are free to do, but I think that it's all pretty childish and just petty. I'm more interested in the factual stuff like someone getting ripped off or not receiving what they paid for. Things like that are what's important here. That doesn't really seem to happen as many are saying or at least no one is willing to or can prove it.

There are some things that I did not like about the website during the time that I was a member, but I can say that about any site or business establishment most likely. One thing to keep in mind is that there may be 100 ticked off members here who dislike BSG, but there were thousands of members logging on daily that apparently liked it. So, you are pretty well in the minority whether your issues are legit or not. I suppose that all of those guys had just yet to see the light like a few of you have. Basically, a bunch of you just take this whole thing WAY too seriously in my opinion.

The best part is how some of you say that you won't be going back or have deleted them from your favorites now. It took a server crash for that to happen rather than choosing not to visit the site because of the many alleged issues from the past????? That makes no sense. This whole thread has turned into a bunch gossip and is as much of a soap opera as anything that ever went down at BSG.

[quote name='ksavy17' post='2042102' date='Nov 2 2009, 10:29 PM'][quote name='toddnt' post='2041673' date='Nov 2 2009, 06:35 PM']Any reason why he parted ways??[quote name='GoinLo' post='2037601' date='Oct 31 2009, 06:21 PM'][quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2037574' date='Oct 31 2009, 06:06 PM'][quote name='Tg007' post='2037512' date='Oct 31 2009, 05:24 PM']I find it interesting that i bought a three wood from Derek last week, he sent a paypal notice that it would be shipped on the 26th, and guess what .... no club, no response from e-mails, nothing. i guess whatever the problem is it must be big enough that they want to @#$% people.[/quote]

Derek hasn't been part of BSG for a long time now.
[/quote]

Correct...Derek left BSG well over a year ago.
[/quote]
[/quote]

i think he works for a sports fitness or somekind of nutrition company. Probable a good reason why has not really posted much since he left. Anyone notice his WITB??
[/quote]

I got it straight, I figured it was business related

[quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:25 PM'][quote name='mozart' post='2043752' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:34 PM']Any chance we could keep on topic?A lot of people probably would like to know the reasons for their having alienated so many.

From what I have gathered by reading through all of this as someone who is pretty much neutral on this whole topic, there is basically nothing but a bunch of unsubstantiated comments which is why you keep reading a bunch of one liners.

No one has proof of anything. It all comes down to the fact that many guys on here seem to have clashed with Todd and some of the other BSG crew's personalities over various things. That I can maybe see since not everyone is going to like one another in any aspect of life much less over a golf forum. However, the deceptive business practices and such seem to be totally unfounded without a shred of solid evidence.

Some of you guys obviously harbor some deep issues which you are free to do, but I think that it's all pretty childish and just petty. I'm more interested in the factual stuff like someone getting ripped off or not receiving what they paid for. Things like that are what's important here. That doesn't really seem to happen as many are saying or at least no one is willing to or can prove it.

There are some things that I did not like about the website during the time that I was a member, but I can say that about any site or business establishment most likely.[b] One thing to keep in mind is that there may be 100 ticked off members here who dislike BSG, but there were thousands of members logging on daily that apparently liked it.[/b] So, you are pretty well in the minority whether your issues are legit or not. I suppose that all of those guys had just yet to see the light like a few of you have. Basically, a bunch of you just take this whole thing WAY too seriously in my opinion.

The best part is how some of you say that you won't be going back or have deleted them from your favorites now. It took a server crash for that to happen rather than choosing not to visit the site because of the many alleged issues from the past????? That makes no sense. This whole thread has turned into a bunch gossip and is as much of a soap opera as anything that ever went down at BSG.
[/quote]

The ones ticked off were the ones who actually bought stuff.

The basic premise of Todd's business 'model' is that a forum would supply a continually regenerating audience for his pontifications on 'tour' and rare equipment, this would then feed into purchases, sustaining his revenue stream.
He didn't care that he peed off a member because another (new)one would be along soon..... you sound like you're getting in line yourself.
Where he cocked up was to not cough up for decent forum software, website hosting services. But I suspect there is another reason why BSG is starting again....

The thing is Todd is Saavvy enough to know how to make it nigh on impossible but more importantly financially prohibitive to pursue him through litigation.

This thread is the first real time people have had an opportunity to express their feelings and as you have seen their is a LOT of History

Anybody still rocking the Bombsquad Headcover.......??? .......................thought not.

[quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:25 PM'][quote name='mozart' post='2043752' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:34 PM']Any chance we could keep on topic?A lot of people probably would like to know the reasons for their having alienated so many.

No one has proof of anything. It all comes down to the fact that many guys on here seem to have clashed with Todd and some of the other BSG crew's personalities over various things. That I can maybe see since not everyone is going to like one another in any aspect of life much less over a golf forum. [b]However, the deceptive business practices and such seem to be totally unfounded without a shred of solid evidence. [/b]

There are some things that I did not like about the website during the time that I was a member, but I can say that about any site or business establishment most likely. One thing to keep in mind is that there may be 100 ticked off members here who dislike BSG, but there were thousands of members logging on daily that apparently liked it. So, you are pretty well in the minority whether your issues are legit or not. I suppose that all of those guys had just yet to see the light like a few of you have. Basically, a bunch of you just take this whole thing WAY too seriously in my opinion.

[/quote]

Google bigstealer golf, there is evidence there, they say a picture is worth 1000 words. Also PM CaddyJoe on golfdiscussions.com for pictures of his wedge. If BSG was still up PM the guys who were part of the club testing program and ask if they got what they were promised. They were promised tour issue Solus wedges, half never got them, those that did were retail ones reshafted with hackjobs. There were several posts in frustration about that program that were deleted and guys were banned and topics removed, I was able to read 2 before big brother deleted them. I believe one of the guys has archived his PM's, emails and his original post before it was deleted (I cant remember the screen name). EDOE also posted pictures, he was then ridiculed and called crazy, he got his money back and they said that was great customer service, but it does hide the facts that the spidering and dings were overkill and it was a hack job. PM the guys from the original Big Dog Shootout as how many heads went down the fairway, ask them why there was pop up tape and how a +3 can sky a driver. Also ask the people who sent stuff in for the Big Dog and never received their stuff back. People helped Todd get his hands of stuff he couldnt get and he thanks them by keeping it for himself. Send an email to the company that they supposedly borrowed the Iron Byron from for the Shaft Shootout, it was never rented by them. Also if the site was up check the dates of the Shaft Shootout and the weather in Vegas at the time, the numbers were doctored to represent the stock BSG had. They had way too many x con 5's so it was a "surprising beast" :russian_roulette:

The evidence is there, its just been deleted and hidden in server outages and other circumstances. I am sure flogpro could attest to this but I wouldn't ask him too, in my dealings with him he's a great guy and he will tell you if he wishes. The few that have been able to make a copy of their posts or hit print screen they would have more cold hard evidence unfortunately BSG has been able to hide and remove much of this evidence.

Also I will admit Z-Golger and I were given a warning for something we were talking about in Private Messages, their definition of Private is for Todd to read. If BSG was still running I could show you the evidence unfortunately in this outage if it ever comes back all my inbox will have been lost.

You say you are neutral, I too was once in your shoes, but do some research and ask around. Ask OEMs what they really think of Todd. They been referred to as prostitutes as they can be bought to hype whatever and lemmings listen. No offence to ROBO but ask him what happened with the LV4. He started a craze, Cobra thanks him and BSG condemned him because its not tour and its not what they offer. TM lets them be because they can influence a lot of people and they can help create an internet craze, publicity is publicity

[quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:25 PM'][quote name='mozart' post='2043752' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:34 PM']Any chance we could keep on topic?A lot of people probably would like to know the reasons for their having alienated so many.

[/quote]

Todd? Is that you? :welcomeani:

[quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:25 PM']No one has proof of anything. It all comes down to the fact that many guys on here seem to have clashed with Todd and some of the other BSG crew's personalities over various things. That I can maybe see since not everyone is going to like one another in any aspect of life much less over a golf forum. However, the deceptive business practices and such seem to be totally unfounded without a shred of solid evidence.

Some of you guys obviously harbor some deep issues which you are free to do, but I think that it's all pretty childish and just petty. I'm more interested in the factual stuff like someone getting ripped off or not receiving what they paid for. Things like that are what's important here. That doesn't really seem to happen as many are saying or at least no one is willing to or can prove it.[/quote]

Why don't you try reading some of the posts? There are more than a few examples of bad / misrepresented products in this thread.

Try searching for EDOE. That's a simple one to start.

Some of you guys obviously harbor deep issues against reading the truth... :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='kgk' post='2043068' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:30 AM']Current theory is that his mom was a funding source for him ... apparently she was at one point trying to track him down via Tom Wishon.

Seriously.

[url="http://www.wishongolf.com/twforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9455"][size=3][b]http://www.wishongolf.com/twforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9455[/b][/size][/url][/quote]
That's terrible.

His poor mother forced to try and track him down by contacting strangers over the internet. And she funded BSG?

You just don't do that to your own mother. :angry:

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

So I just spent an hour reading this thread and laughing my a$ off.
The whole thing was worth finding the Pinemeadow thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is " Remember, Always Remember and Never Forget"
except the part about the
(Lime Green extra sparkly Super Altus, hyper hydrongenated, woven carbon based life form shaft, That'll be $1,200.00 please)

Gone or not I don't care. I was banned in one week and never went back.

I like it here at GolfWRX. It's warm, cuddly and funny as hell! :drinks:

[quote name='ToysRUs' post='2043968' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:27 PM']So I just spent an hour reading this thread and laughing my a$ off.
The whole thing was worth finding the Pinemeadow thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is " Remember, Always Remember and Never Forget"
except the part about the
(Lime Green extra sparkly Super Altus, hyper hydrongenated, woven carbon based life form shaft, That'll be $1,200.00 please)

Gone or not I don't care. I was banned in one week and never went back.

I like it here at GolfWRX. It's warm, cuddly and funny as hell! :drinks:[/quote]
That Pinemeadow thread was 39 pages of some of the funniest stuff I have EVER read. I can't get the image of Rodd dumpster diving in a velour track suit and mandals for his latest Tour issue gear out of my head. I also wonder if he ever sold that Grand National, what with all the horsey sauce smeared all over the front seat. :lol:

been a long time member (6+ years)/contributor to the "other site." came over here since it's been down...

reading through this thread has brought back many fond memories of how it was back in the past over there. It's great to see many familiar screen names here that have since disappeared long ago...it's awesome to see/hear from you guys again!

it is quite nostalgic to read about all those events that were mentioned previously; I remember going through those times on that board.

to be honest, I'll be sad to see it go since I put alot of time into that other forum.

That being said, I'm glad to be here.

Hello all.

[quote name='back2square1' post='2044011' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:44 PM']been a long time member (6+ years)/contributor to the "other site." came over here since it's been down...

reading through this thread has brought back many fond memories of how it was back in the past over there. It's great to see many familiar screen names here that have since disappeared long ago...it's awesome to see/hear from you guys again!

it is quite nostalgic to read about all those events that were mentioned previously; I remember going through those times on that board.

to be honest, I'll be sad to see it go since I put alot of time into that other forum.

Hello all.[/quote]
:welcomeani:

[quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2043751' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:34 PM']Todd is a D-Bag crook. I get all the stuff about if people will pay then that is their problem. What I dont get is that people were paying based on lies. Why is that ok? [b]I also dont understand why soo many are willing to give DClown a pass. He was right in the middle of all of it, taking your money, lying about the products and smiling all the way to Toad's bank. He knew everything about what was going on and continued to profit from it.[/b] BSG is a joke and has been for a few years now. Since many of the members left, Benny Payless, JayLasVegas, Stage,. Rare and many others, it went downhill and has not been the same.. Just my .02[/quote]

Todd and his little sidekick essentially lied and stole money from hundreds if not thousands of people. I'm sure nobody with a handful of common sense gives either of them a free pass.

[quote name='stage1350' post='2043921' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:59 PM'][quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:25 PM']No one has proof of anything. It all comes down to the fact that many guys on here seem to have clashed with Todd and some of the other BSG crew's personalities over various things. That I can maybe see since not everyone is going to like one another in any aspect of life much less over a golf forum. However, the deceptive business practices and such seem to be totally unfounded without a shred of solid evidence.

Some of you guys obviously harbor some deep issues which you are free to do, but I think that it's all pretty childish and just petty. I'm more interested in the factual stuff like someone getting ripped off or not receiving what they paid for. Things like that are what's important here. That doesn't really seem to happen as many are saying or at least no one is willing to or can prove it.[/quote]

Why don't you try reading some of the posts? There are more than a few examples of bad / misrepresented products in this thread.

Some of you guys obviously harbor deep issues against reading the truth... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Isn't EDOE the guy that had the spider cracks in the hosels of his $3000. set of Callys???

If he's the one, that guy gets the set and sees these spider marks on the necks then immediately goes
on the open forums of BSG and starts a thread bitching and moaning (with photos), saying all these bad
things about Todd, which starts this avalanche of posts bashing BSG & Todd. He goes nuts long before he
ever took the time to contact anyone at BSG that could have dealt with the problem. Talk about premature
ejaculation!! (Parody?? :lol:) I can understand the trauma he must have experienced when he opened that
box, but, he sure went off the boil without giving anyone at BSG a chance to resolve the problem. This is a
bit off topic, but, I just remember this pretty well because I was online when he started that thread. Crazy!

[quote name='elrey23' post='2044028' date='Nov 3 2009, 07:52 PM'][quote name='back2square1' post='2044011' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:44 PM']been a long time member (6+ years)/contributor to the "other site." came over here since it's been down...

Hello all.[/quote]
:welcomeani:
[/quote]

+1 Have fun. :drinks:

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='rebels68' post='2044097' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:25 PM'][quote name='stage1350' post='2043921' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:59 PM'][quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:25 PM']No one has proof of anything. It all comes down to the fact that many guys on here seem to have clashed with Todd and some of the other BSG crew's personalities over various things. That I can maybe see since not everyone is going to like one another in any aspect of life much less over a golf forum. However, the deceptive business practices and such seem to be totally unfounded without a shred of solid evidence.

[/quote]

Isn't EDOE the guy that had the spider cracks in the hosels of his $3000. set of Callys???

If he's the one, that guy gets the set and sees these spider marks on the necks then immediately goes
on the open forums of BSG and starts a thread bitching and moaning (with photos), saying all these bad
things about Todd, which starts this avalanche of posts bashing BSG & Todd. He goes nuts long before he
ever took the time to contact anyone at BSG that could have dealt with the problem. Talk about premature
ejaculation!! (Parody?? :lol:) I can understand the trauma he must have experienced when he opened that
box, but, he sure went off the boil without giving anyone at BSG a chance to resolve the problem. This is a
bit off topic, but, I just remember this pretty well because I was online when he started that thread. Crazy!
[/quote]
How do you know he posted before contacting Todd or his minions? Because Todd said so?

While I don't know either personally, I left BSG a long, long time ago because there was ample evidence that Todd manipulated posts to say what he wanted to say - or undo what he wished he hadn't said. He also could not take criticism of any kind and immediately banned anyone who posted anything remotely negative rather than actually have an honest discussion.

That is dishonest and paints Todd as a liar in my book - so I'd have to side with EDOE.

Besides, given the price of the items for sale, there is no excuse under the sun why a defective set should have ever seen the light of day.

On another note, I have freshman in high school who are able to manage a website and a migration to a new server so it is seamless and invisible to the outside world. How on earth does a "professional" website go down for WEEKS! during a migration to a new server? BSG is famous for this...

...and that is more than I wanted to say in this thread.

[quote name='rebels68' post='2044097' date='Nov 3 2009, 09:25 PM'][quote name='stage1350' post='2043921' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:59 PM'][quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:25 PM']No one has proof of anything. It all comes down to the fact that many guys on here seem to have clashed with Todd and some of the other BSG crew's personalities over various things. That I can maybe see since not everyone is going to like one another in any aspect of life much less over a golf forum. However, the deceptive business practices and such seem to be totally unfounded without a shred of solid evidence.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hello, thats the point. Were not talking about some OTR walmart set in a box. If i paid 3k for some one offs, I would be damn pissed at the lack of inspection before shipment.

If you order a car from aston martin and it shows up at your house with out a hood or tires, that usually not an "honest mistake"

I understand that you have had great dealings with todd, and wish you a "screwwed free" future, but should that day come when you get hosed, let me know and ill PM you the link to this thread and say told you so.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

[quote name='rebels68' post='2044097' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:25 PM']Isn't EDOE the guy that had the spider cracks in the hosels of his $3000. set of Callys???

bit off topic, but, I just remember this pretty well because I was online when he started that thread. Crazy![/quote]

If my memory serves me correctly, and it usually does, this guy sent private messages to members of BSG staff with regards this issue. Then after [b]not[/b] having received any response, let alone a satisfactory one, he made a post on the open forums.

[quote name='parbeater' post='2043860' date='Nov 3 2009, 07:25 PM'][quote name='mozart' post='2043752' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:34 PM']Any chance we could keep on topic?A lot of people probably would like to know the reasons for their having alienated so many.

There are some things that I did not like about the website during the time that I was a member, but I can say that about any site or business establishment most likely. [b][u]One thing to keep in mind is that there may be 100 ticked off members here who dislike BSG[/u][/b], but there were thousands of members logging on daily that apparently liked it. So, you are pretty well in the minority whether your issues are legit or not. I suppose that all of those guys had just yet to see the light like a few of you have. Basically, a bunch of you just take this whole thing WAY too seriously in my opinion.

[/quote]

Studies show that for every customer that voices dissatisfaction there are another 26 that are unhappy. So if your 100 number is accurate then there are another 2600 that are pissed that haven't chimed in.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

[url="http://web1.msue.msu.edu/imp/modtd/33209845.html"]http://web1.msue.msu.edu/imp/modtd/33209845.html[/url]

[quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2044155' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:46 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2044097' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:25 PM']Isn't EDOE the guy that had the spider cracks in the hosels of his $3000. set of Callys???

bit off topic, but, I just remember this pretty well because I was online when he started that thread. Crazy![/quote]

If my memory serves me correctly, and it usually does, this guy sent private messages to members of BSG staff with regards this issue. Then after [b]not[/b] having received any response, let alone a satisfactory one, he made a post on the open forums.
[/quote]

Well, in this instance, your memory failed you. I was online when the guy first posted that thread. It was over
the weekend, late in the evening. He was so angry and going nuts about this issue, that people were trying to
calm him down and asked him if he had talked with anyone at BSG. He said he had sent a PM a couple of hours
before posting, but, being over the weekend, I don't think any of the BSG staff was online to see his PM. It was
a long drawn out scene & the guy was being incredibly unreasonable. I ended up talking with Derek that Monday
& he said that they told him they would do whatever he wanted. The issue was resolved to the customers benefit.

I'm not trying to take sides here at all, I just remember talking with this guy (in a post) and he was nuts. The
marks on the hosel were very small and barely visible and since they were cast clubs and he had them bent
to stronger lofts and flatter lies, the spider like fine lines most likely were caused by the loft/lie adjustments.
He sure was pissed that's for sure.

[quote name='PixlPutterman ' post='2044154' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:45 PM']I understand that you have had great dealings with todd, and wish you a "screwwed free" future, but should that day come when you get hosed, let me know and ill PM you the link to this thread and say told you so.[/quote]

Please....please stop saying that I have had great dealings with Todd or that I am a great supporter of his.
I have had very little interaction with Todd. I will never be screwed by Todd, there is no chance of that ever
happening. Thanks guys, I'll appreciate your understanding.

[quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2044155' date='Nov 3 2009, 07:46 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2044097' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:25 PM']Isn't EDOE the guy that had the spider cracks in the hosels of his $3000. set of Callys???

[/quote]

I believe you are correct. If my memory serves me correctly, the buyer in question initially raved about how beautiful they were out of the box upon receiving them. Unfortunately, upon showing them to the pro at his home course - an individual with a trained eye for equipment - the spidered hosels were discovered along with a couple of other little dings in the head from the bending machine vice. Being a forged head, the Callaway X-Tours are notorious for this susceptibility - but a highly skilled clubworker can take steps to prevent it, nonetheless.

I, for one, don't blame the poor guy for "premature ejaculation" after plunking down a few grand on a set of irons, thinking he had the perfect set, and then having his golf pro point out the flaws in his goods. How embarassing.

And I don't recall any initial "bitching or moaning." I remember a tentative first post asking, "Does this look right to you?" along with the pictures of a couple of irons. The guy seemed like he was in a panic after the money he had spent. Putting myself in his shoes, I probably would have responded the same.

To his credit, Derek later apologized on the open forum in the thread regarding the irons, admitting a mistake in shipping out the irons in that condition. He mentioned poor lighting conditions in his work area for not noticing the very small cracks.

EDOE happened to be visiting Vegas, so Derek and Hoss met him in the lobby of his hotel, refunded the second half of his money and took the irons back. (First half refunded via PayPal)

There are later discrepancies regarding the cause of the spidered hosels. Todd hinted that EDOE wanted the irons bent upright a large amount - something like 4 degrees or higher. He made these hints long after EDOE had sworn off the forum and had left for good. Once alerted to the allegations, I seem to recall EDOE posting on golfdiscussions that he never asked for such a large increment - something much lower like a degree or two. Two sides to that story, I guess.

Perhaps we would be able to read the thread on BSG - but, it was quickly buried in the forum through new posts by BSG staff in other threads until the topic was pushed to the second page of the subforum - and then it disappeared altogether. Perhaps the subject and similar threads detailing the entire experience can be found here or on golfdiscussions.

One thing I don't remember - were the irons in question two dot or three dot heads?

Remember when Todd was in Tiberon's wedding, they had picture's of Todd and his wife. I think Tiberon was done with BSG after Todd left for Vegas without the wife, but with a new *friend*.

Did buy a TM Rac wedge which he said was in Excellent condition, only to find it was in fair condition. You live and learn.

[quote name='Socrates' 2 iron' post='2044155' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:46 PM']If my memory serves me correctly, and it usually does, this guy sent private messages to members of BSG staff with regards this issue. Then after [b]not[/b] having received any response, let alone a satisfactory one, he made a post on the open forums.[/quote]
[quote name='rebels68' post='2044220' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:15 PM']Well, in this instance, your memory failed you... he said he had sent a PM a couple of hours before posting...[/quote]

My memory is good, thanks.

Socrates' 2 Iron, why did you bump this old thread? Nobody had posted in this thread for 7 minutes before you posted.

Please do not bump old threads, as it confuses the membership.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls