Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='mozart' post='2048001' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:32 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2047976' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:22 PM'][quote name='Kuboosh' post='2047961' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:18 PM']yes/no answer.

Is BSG dead?[/quote]

Yes, at the present time it is dead.

No, probably not dead for all time.

Of course, it appears that for some people it died awhile ago.
[/quote]

rebels68,my impression is that you feel the owners/administrators of BSG are being unfairly castigated.

If true,how would you explain the almost non-existence of tour equipment discussion over the last few months?Frankly,it seemed as though any new topic was just a discussion among 3 or 4 people(mostly administrators) which quickly died for lack of participants.

Why do you think all these people left BSG?
[/quote]

No one has asked me to say anything on this but I feel compelled to comment.

I don't believe it is fair that rebels68 should be characterized as being either a defender or a proponent of any people or events over at BSG. Some folks on here have asked him questions and when he subsequently gave a thoughtful and reasoned answer he was directly or indirectly characterized by a handful of individuals as being a stooge for Todd or BSG. In my experience, nothing could possibly be more incorrect.

What rebels68 is guilty of is being too much of a gentleman to point out that one or two of the individuals giving him a hard time on here frequently tried to give him a hard time over at BSG because he disagreed on issues mostly related to golf swings and golfing techniques.

I've read a great many posts written by rebels68 over a long period of time and have never found him to be anything but completely forthright. rebels68 is a very knowledgeable golf professional who has always been very willing to share with others. Asking him to speculate on why some others may have ceased posting on BSG is a no win situation for anyone and smacks of a setup to be followed by a slam.

The subject is BSG.

Note: to minimize any confusion, the member name rebels68 has apparently just now been changed to petter7, the name by which many of us know the gentleman.

Spoiler

Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 10.5  Velocore Red 6S 45" D3

Rogue ST MAX 5W,7W Velocore  Red 7S 

Srixon MKII ZX4-4, ZX5-5&6, ZX7 7-PW

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

SM8 Raw 52 F-12, 56 V,  & 60 V

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794), Pro V1x, Miura Alt bag: 4-PW CB57’s & K Grinds 52,56,60,64 or Fun Bag MP-33 5-PW 

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the subject is BSG...which has been dark for the last week plus.

Ironically...Todd Allen/VegasSE has been logging in and posting to car forums throughout that time frame. If he's clearly not worried about BSG coming back, why are so many here so interested in defending BSG?

Per his post TODAY on evolutionm.net - [b]"I should add....CASH talks....like greenbacks. If I don't have to deal with transfers or cashier's checks, I can accept less for the car."[/b]

He's NOT a clubfitter. He's NOT an expert. He's NOT a good guy. And, apparently, he's NOT making enough money anymore to keep BSG online.

Good riddance, BSG. The golf world is a better place without your snake oil sales tactics and telephone fittings. We reap what we sow.

[quote name='stage1350' post='2048445' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:14 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2048312' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:27 PM'][quote name='mozart' post='2048001' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:32 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2047976' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:22 PM'][quote name='Kuboosh' post='2047961' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:18 PM']yes/no answer.

Is BSG dead?[/quote]

Yes, at the present time it is dead.

No, probably not dead for all time.

Of course, it appears that for some people it died awhile ago.
[/quote]

rebels68,my impression is that you feel the owners/administrators of BSG are being unfairly castigated.

If true,how would you explain the almost non-existence of tour equipment discussion over the last few months?Frankly,it seemed as though any new topic was just a discussion among 3 or 4 people(mostly administrators) which quickly died for lack of participants.

Why do you think all these people left BSG?
[/quote]

[i]edited for space. For God's sake, man! What's with the formatting?[/i]

Just honestly answered kuboosh's question. Thought is was pretty accurate.

I've disagreed with Todd in the open forums a number of times. Did the same with Derek and Marcus. They didn't ban me. I think maybe because I didn't argue with them or get emotional about a subject had a lot to do with it. I always felt it was his website and he can do what he wants. Never really felt compelled to tell him what he should be doing. If I had solid information about a particular subject that disagreed with his, I mentioned it, but always with a sense of decency and not letting the discussion escalate to a point of creating bad blood between the two of us. Was he condescending towards me?? At times, but nothing that would send me into a tizzy. [b]I guess I have dealt with characters much worse than Todd in business and a golf discussion website is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.[/b]

On the other hand, he made efforts to acknowledge things that I did say that were truly accurate and included me in some promotions when he didn't have to. One of them, I ended up with a free set of irons. With Derek and Marcus it was easier to deal with them during disagreements because they both
had a great sense of humor and there wasn't any chance of things getting out of hand in a negative way. For the most part all of them treated me with respect and I wasn't ripped off by any kind of equipment deception. They always delivered an excellent product. Lucky I guess.

That said, those that have had bad experiences with Todd and the BSG staff can go ahead and vent their frustrations, I'm not going to stand in their way or try to prove to them that they are wrong. You tell me Mozart, should I just automatically write off Todd and BSG because there are people out there that hate him?? Should I take their explanations and evidence and make it my own?? Maybe what I'll do is use it as a template for the future so I can make sure I will at some point actually get to the truth without just jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I seem to be a marked man on WRX, basically because I'm trying to be objective in spite of heavy criticism. Not any easy thing to do. Of course, I surely don't have to subject myself to unwarranted ridicule, I can just turn the channel. My instinct is to make compromises in an effort to reach an understanding that is favorable to all parties concerned. I hope that can happen on here. I think I'm an easy target because I haven't had a problem over at BSG and I haven't automatically sided with the BSG banned exile group. I do believe I'm not alone. I've said before I do no condone any illegal business practices and if there has been that kind of activity, then some sort of legal action should be taken.

No matter how honest or sincere a person is on these website forums, someone will highlight a portion
of a post and make it sound otherwise. It's just the mentality of the internet. I'm sure someone will try
to enlighten me that I'm not really trying to be objective about BSG, I'm just a lemming that does not
have the capacity to see the truth.
[/quote]

I did highlight one portion that you have now mentioned in at least one other post. I would take issue with the concept that just because you've dealt with worse than Todd doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't a piece of work.

I'm also not going to argue with you being neutral if nothing has ever occurred to you on that site that was negative. Unfortunately, you seem quite ready to dismiss the negative things that have happened to others. If someone that you knew to be honest and upstanding had a problem with Todd, would you believe them, or would you dismiss them because YOU have never had an issue?

I didn't have an issue with them either for a while. He did screw up a head that I ordered, but attempted to make amends. Others have not been as lucky. As more people had issues and more people got banned, I started to see a pattern. Some people could be called cowboys and when they went out with a blaze of glory, they broke the site rules and got banned. But others did nothing and were banned too. Some people were banned for asking questions that Todd was uncomfortable answering.

But the other pattern was that Todd was never wrong and the banned people were always the problem. When you look at a thread like this, where people have legitimate issues despite your accusations to the contrary, you have to start asking whether he might be the problem. It's like the joke of the ex-girlfriends: What was the one thing in common with all of your failed relationships? You.

Feel free to defend, but expect to be countered and debated. But to attempt to nullify their issues is the sort of sad tactic that Todd would use.
[/quote]

I'm not defending Todd and I'm not dismissing anything either. I don't know anyone personally that has
been wronged by Todd and I'm not calling those that have been a liar either. It seems as though you
have an issue with me because you think I'm overlooking his transgressions by me simply stating my
own personal experiences. I guess it's pretty easy for you to assume I'm in Todd's camp. Well, I'm not.
I don't even know the guy.

As for dealing with others who can be condescending, Todd is a lightweight when it comes to being able
to do that effectively, so the few times he was a bit that way with me really didn't cause much concern. If
you were bothered by Todd's supercilious banter, I can promise you there are others who would blow your
mind compared to him. In no way am I saying because of this I feel Todd hasn't behaved inappropriately.

After reading this thread, there can be no doubt that breaches of etiquette have taken place and in some
instances it appears that some laws may have been broken. This doesn't bode well for Todd Thrun for sure.
I will go forward with this new awareness and be very mindful of just how and what I do if and when BSG
comes back on the internet. I am curious about one thing though, if Todd approached you and apologized
and tried to make amends, would you accept??

Edit-

BTW, I just went ahead and changed my username to petter7, since most guys know me by this name.
Hope the avatar doesn't offend anyone, I just love Mac computers and think this is one of the best Apple
logos I've ever seen. Oh, and another thing, I just wanted to say I have always felt that SwingBlade is a
helluva guy!!

For God's sake can we PLEASE close this thread??!! You people are making Todd and some others at BSG out to be worse than Hitler or Stalin. He is / was a BUSINESSMAN and no one told us to drink the "tour issued" "custom" Kool-Aid. I bought some nice stuff from them (no I never bought an $800 shaft) and never had a problem with them making it right if there was an issue.

Let's all take a deep breath.........and MOVE ON!

[quote name='luxman' post='2047908' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:48 PM']Pretty amazing that there are 150 people reading this topic.[/quote]

Hell, 135 of us were banned and wanted to catch up on the lastest gossip.

In the classic British sitcom Fawlty Towers, innkeeper Basil Fawlty regards most guests as a necessary evil and wishes his small hotel served only the well-to-do; he behaves accordingly, as his wife so scathingly observes...

Sybil (to Basil): You never get it right, do you? You're either crawling all over them, licking their boots, or spitting poison at them like some Benzedrine puff adder.

Perhaps others may find this summary from TV IV oddly familiar...

the show revolves around Basil Fawlty, the snooty, niggardly, short-tempered manager of a small hotel in England. ... Many episodes involve Basil concocting some scheme to improve the hotel's clientele, or eject a guest whom he considers "riff raff," or save a buck by cutting corners, then working furiously to appease or hide his scheme from his wife.

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

[quote name='johnnypro' post='2048573' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:15 PM']For God's sake can we PLEASE close this thread??!! You people are making Todd and some others at BSG out to be worse than Hitler or Stalin. He is / was a BUSINESSMAN and no one told us to drink the "tour issued" "custom" Kool-Aid. I bought some nice stuff from them (no I never bought an $800 shaft) and never had a problem with them making it right if there was an issue.

Let's all take a deep breath.........and MOVE ON![/quote]
A businessman acts with ethics and integrity.

[quote name='petter7' post='2048548' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:00 PM']I'm not defending Todd and I'm not dismissing anything either. I don't know anyone personally that has
been wronged by Todd and I'm not calling those that have been a liar either. It seems as though you
have an issue with me because you think I'm overlooking his transgressions by me simply stating my
own personal experiences. I guess it's pretty easy for you to assume I'm in Todd's camp. Well, I'm not.

As for dealing with others who can be condescending, Todd is a lightweight when it comes to being able
to do that effectively, so the few times he was a bit that way with me really didn't cause much concern. If
you were bothered by Todd's supercilious banter, I can promise you there are others who would blow your
mind compared to him. In no way am I saying because of this I feel Todd hasn't behaved inappropriately.

After reading this thread, there can be no doubt that breaches of etiquette have taken place and in some
instances it appears that some laws may have been broken. This doesn't bode well for Todd Thrun for sure.
I will go forward with this new awareness and be very mindful of just how and what I do if and when BSG
comes back on the internet. I am curious about one thing though, if Todd approached you and apologized

Edit-

BTW, I just went ahead a changed my username to petter7, since most guys know me by this name.
Hope the avatar doesn't offend anyone, I just love Mac computers and think this is one of the best
Apple logos I've ever seen. Thanks guys. Oh, by the way, I just wanted to say I have always thought
that SwingBlade is a helluva a guy!![/quote]

Petter I think the problem is 2 fold. When you have posted as much as you have on BSG and the unique style in which you post I think most either like the way you post of have developed a disdain towards your posting style and hence towards you. Much like CDBomb, some people read his posts and love them, others their blood curdles. My point some people have a predisposed opinion of you the poster without knowing you the person and this makes you are target justified or not. Hence why people make it a point to "grind your gears."

The second fold is that you seem to be able to move beyond confrontation and attempt to satisfy the disagreement, that is your personality and nature. Todd on the otherhand is a arrogant pompous authoritarian who only seems to make amends or attempt to make amends through bribery. After a plethora of Insiders complained about the lack of programs he attempted to offer more this year and on the outside he started doing giveaways, whether an attempt to compete with WRXs (I think not based on the level and quality of WRXs offerings vs BSGs) or a bribe to keep website traffic up. I think the latter, I also cannot see an genuine sincere apology ever coming from Todd. He is the kid who only apologizes because someone has told him and he feels as if he has still done nothing wrong. If Todd apologizes and changes the way he is and operates his site he way win some fans back, however I feel that any apology he may give will more that likely be written by someone else and he won't change he hasn't before whats to think that 2 weeks of lambasting on here will change him. Maybe Jeff VanVonderen can save him...

On a side note I'm glad you changed your name to the same it was on BSG I've never understood why people have different names on different sites...

[quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2048605' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:26 PM'][quote name='8thehardway' post='2048584' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:19 PM']...the snooty, [b]niggardly[/b], short-tempered manager...[/quote]

This is an American website, we don't use that word here. :scare2::tongue:
[/quote]
We don't?

[quote name='pfgplm' post='2047466' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:54 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046941' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:11 AM'][quote name='MattTitleist' post='2046362' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:32 PM']I will say a few things about BSG, for one yes it is a business and any business wants to make money, however they went at it the wrong way but only offering to a select few that were willing to pay an arm and a leg for tour issue equipment that really wasnt any different that what you can buy off the rack. sure they had some stuff that was unique and couldnt be found anywhere else but the mark up was crazy and unless you are stinkin rich or worked for BSG you couldnt put that product in you bag anyways. also as a person who is pretty loyal to the Titleist brand it always felt like i was an outcast on BSG and i didnt conform to what they saw because i didnt play taylor made products. dont get me wrong there is a lot of good information on that site that whish is the reason i kept going back but i stopped supporting the site with purchases after i found this out....

I was an insider a long time ago and only signed up for a year and decided the next 2 years not to because i didnt feel it was worth it and as a student i had a lot better things to do with $100...i found out as i was signing up to be an insider a couple years after that there were some things on the inside said about me and other members who post a lot and didnt support the site by paying $100 to become an insider...it took them about 5 days to change my my status to an insider because they were goin thru all the inside threads to delete anything that was said about myself and other members. I know this because i was able to log on the inside with another members account to see the posts and then when i was instated all of those posts were gone.

GolfWRX is was more supportive and anyone is welcome and you can talk about pretty much anything

jsut want to note that yes i play Ozik shafts but none of them were purchses thru BSG and i didnt even pay half of what those guys charge for them, i play them because i like them and they have really helped my game, sure some posts on BSG may have influenced that but i would never buy product from them that is way over priced[/quote]
The "Insider Forum" was worse than a bunch of High School girls in a locker room.. No offense to some of the members still insiders. There were more threads trashing people that werent insiders than there were posts about anything else. I had the same problem. signed up to be an Insider pretty much just to see the Green Shoes thread to find I was being dicussed in at least 3 topics. When I confronted everyone by posting in a topic, suddenly all the topics were deleted. 1 topic about me, was discussing my credibility and how I came by certain shafts. I had a connection with Aldila at the time and could get VS protos and Cinnamons regularly and this was when they were hard to come by and very HOT. DClown was in there talking about me, asking if anyone bought anything and all sorts of stuff. He also PM'ed me one evening saying he would like to buy a cinnamon but never came through on the funds nor did he ever respond to any PM's.

It was amazing how much trash they talked about other people behind their backs. It was like a huddle room where they would get all fired up and then go back out in the open and just flame people. [b]CDBomb was usually a pretty big target.[/b] If he had ever signed up to be an insider, who knows how would have felt seeing some of the things people said about him. Quite sad actually...
[/quote]

That's terrible. CDBomb was one of the more knowledgeable, eloquent posters over there and always had a respectful tone.
[/quote]

Hearing about the Insider Clique makes me NOT want to go back to BSG if it ever comes back up and running. How could anyone make comments behind someones back like that especially CDBomb who was one of the more Knowledgable posters on that site! I have had arguments on that site that got personal with NYHC and Speirsy in a thread and I am sure they went ahead and probably had some stupid things to say about me in the "Insider Locker Room". :rolleyes: Oh Well!

Like Petter7, It is good to see SwingBlade over here. Alway respected what Swing has had to say even if I disagreed.

[quote name='johnnypro' post='2048573' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:15 PM']For God's sake can we PLEASE close this thread??!! You people are making Todd and some others at BSG out to be worse than Hitler or Stalin. He is / was a BUSINESSMAN and no one told us to drink the "tour issued" "custom" Kool-Aid. I bought some nice stuff from them (no I never bought an $800 shaft) and never had a problem with them making it right if there was an issue.

I think you're a little out of line with the Hitler/Stalin comment.

Hitler never wore a Pepe Jeans or a thumbring and Stalin wouldn't be caught dead wearing John Hardy jewelry and mandals. :rolleyes:

As for businessmen, so was Madoff. As I said to Petter above, just because you didn't have a bad experience doesn't mean that others didn't. If it was only one or two isolated incidents, you might have a point. But when you have this many people with problems, you begin to see a pattern.

I'll cite ROBOPTI as a perfect example. Rob is probably the most cheerful guy on these boards. He's EXCITED about the equipment that he writes about. Never an unkind word and always plenty of energy when he posts. Ask him how he feels about Todd and why. When you get a guy like Rob that pissed at you, you definitely f**ked up.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2048613' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:29 PM'][quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2048605' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:26 PM'][quote name='8thehardway' post='2048584' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:19 PM']...the snooty, [b]niggardly[/b], short-tempered manager...[/quote]

[/quote]
We don't?
[/quote]

If the manager was "cheap," then the word was used correctly. Note the "a" in the correct word versus the "e" in the racial slur.

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2048613' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:29 PM'][quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2048605' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:26 PM'][quote name='8thehardway' post='2048584' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:19 PM']...the snooty, [b]niggardly[/b], short-tempered manager...[/quote]

[/quote]
We don't?
[/quote]

Maybe I'm reading WAY too much into this, but I thought NYK's comment was a subtle reference to an incident that occurred several years ago (in the Northeast? Perhaps at a college?) where an individual used that word in a speech and was demonized (by people who, apparently, needed some additional grammar education) for using a word that sounded like another (unacceptable) word.

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='johnnypro' post='2048573' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:15 PM']For God's sake can we PLEASE close this thread??!! You people are making Todd and some others at BSG out to be worse than Hitler or Stalin. He is / was a BUSINESSMAN and no one told us to drink the "tour issued" "custom" Kool-Aid. I bought some nice stuff from them (no I never bought an $800 shaft) and never had a problem with them making it right if there was an issue.

Actually a pretty simple way to get this thread to end would be to get BSG back up and running.... :black eye:

It is not a coincidence that the mass migrations to this and other boards were directly caused by the tactics of BSG's owner. I find it increasingly hard to believe any thinking individual could look at the history involved here and not come to some alarming conclusions. When you see hordes of quality individuals basically get run off a site for dubious reasons what does that tell you?

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

[quote name='Harry Longshanks' post='2048065' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:08 PM'][quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048006' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:35 PM']I keep seeing this phrase come up, time and time again: THUMB RINGS.

What's the story behind this? I can't find anything, and it's not for a lack of trying![/quote]

There was a photo of the owner, Todd, wearing thumb rings. The general consensus seems to be that thumb rings on a man are just plain silly.
[/quote]

The real story is that Fraud and DClown both showed up the the Big Dog Shoot Out wearing matching thumb rings. I guess DClown has to hand his thumb ring off to Marcus when he jumped ship with the rats.

[quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2048661' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:52 PM'][quote name='stage1350' post='2048639' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:38 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2048613' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:29 PM'][quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2048605' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:26 PM'][quote name='8thehardway' post='2048584' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:19 PM']...the snooty, [b]niggardly[/b], short-tempered manager...[/quote]

[/quote]
We don't?
[/quote]

If the manager was "cheap," then the word was used correctly. Note the "a" in the correct word versus the "e" in the racial slur.
[/quote]

True! The racism is in the "er" sound as opposed to the "ah" sound. BTW, what's up Cracker? [b]Still hitting the porn hard?[/b]
[/quote]

Seasuks traded me some Andrew Blake videos for a one of my Diamana Whiteboards.

[b]BEST! TRADE!! EVER!!! [/b]

[Kanye] I'ma let Zylon and G-Mat finish, but multiple angle DVDs is the greatest invention of all time. OF ALL TIME!!! [/Kanye]

I'm not defending Todd and I'm not dismissing anything either. I don't know anyone personally that has

Edit-

BTW, I just went ahead a changed my username to petter7, since most guys know me by this name.

Hope the avatar doesn't offend anyone, I just love Mac computers and think this is one of the best

Apple logos I've ever seen. Thanks guys. Oh, by the way, I just wanted to say I have always thought

that SwingBlade is a helluva a guy!!

Petter I think the problem is 2 fold. When you have posted as much as you have on BSG and the unique style in which you post I think most either like the way you post of have developed a disdain towards your posting style and hence towards you. Much like CDBomb, some people read his posts and love them, others their blood curdles. My point some people have a predisposed opinion of you the poster without knowing you the person and this makes you are target justified or not. Hence why people make it a point to "grind your gears."

The second fold is that you seem to be able to move beyond confrontation and attempt to satisfy the disagreement, that is your personality and nature. Todd on the otherhand is a arrogant pompous authoritarian who only seems to make amends or attempt to make amends through bribery. After a plethora of Insiders complained about the lack of programs he attempted to offer more this year and on the outside he started doing giveaways, whether an attempt to compete with WRXs (I think not based on the level and quality of WRXs offerings vs BSGs) or a bribe to keep website traffic up. I think the latter, I also cannot see an genuine sincere apology ever coming from Todd. He is the kid who only apologizes because someone has told him and he feels as if he has still done nothing wrong. If Todd apologizes and changes the way he is and operates his site he way win some fans back, however I feel that any apology he may give will more that likely be written by someone else and he won't change he hasn't before whats to think that 2 weeks of lambasting on here will change him. Maybe Jeff VanVonderen can save him...

On a side note I'm glad you changed your name to the same it was on BSG I've never understood why people have different names on different sites...

I think you are right about me Scotty_D. I can tell you that many times I have PM'ed guys who have had

a problem with my posts and in every case have come to an amiable understanding by just relating some

personal information about each other that better describes who we are. Works every time.

I asked stage1350 if he would accept an apology from Todd to get a gage of him not Todd. But, I really

don't need an answer because I have no doubt his point of view is a valid one and too many quality guys

have been treated badly and the accusations are justified. I'm just not built to make the inane derogatory

comments that are so prevalent on this subject. I hope stage1350 realizes that my banning him comment

was based on my own misconception of his usage of Dirty Sanchez, so I apologize for that.

BTW, is this the Sanchez you were referring to stage???

Picture2-137.jpg

[quote name='SwingBlade' post='2048239' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:55 PM']Like many others, I have long enjoyed accessing Golfwrx as a quality golf website but mostly read and haven't posted all that much over here. When BSG disappeared recently I dropped in over here to see if there was any scuttlebutt. I did a search for "BSG" and only came up with one thread and it had only one or two replies and was marked CLOSED. That kind of disappointed me but wasn't unexpected considering the historical longevity of such strings over at BSG ... BSG not exactly being known for tolerating or even acknowledging the existence of any other golf websites.

Then two days ago I came across this thread and it has taken a little while to digest it all. I think it says a lot about the owners and mods of Golfwrx that they have not only allowed this thread to continue but that they have been so generally neutral as it has evolved. This thread has been allowed to ebb and flow. Such a thread about Golfwrx would certainly not have been allowed to exist over at BSG unless it was very controlled, very negative, and it was known that Golfwrx was completely and irrevocably dead. Obviously, the future status of BSG is not known at present which again says a lot about the refreshingly open non-controlling culture here at Golfwrx.

It was long known to many that there was a fair amount of animosity on the net towards Todd & Co apparently from other's past experiences, but the overall nature and sheer volume of a lot of the info in this thread is probably a revelation to many people. Certainly it has long been obvious that the threat of banishment hung over every poster's head when writing over at BSG, especially if one had the audacity to mention Golfwrx, other golf websites, eBay sales, or anything negative about BSG or, heaven forbid, anything not recognizing the significantly curative powers of tour issued equipment.

While some BSG staff guys like D Town always appeared to be quality individuals, it was obvious that his departure was troubling in some way. It also became obvious that some of the BSG mods had increasingly become quite arrogant and controlling - that is - intrusive, all knowing, and very protective of the company line. When it became apparent that D Town and a number of other quality individuals appeared to be persona non grata at BSG, it increasingly became a kind of three tier website. First, there were those who simply wanted to talk about golf. Then there were those who worshiped at the Todd Tour Altar and who had the need to end every statement with some gratuitous comment that all golf equipment problems could be solved by a BSG custom fitting session, even telephonic fitting sessions were often touted as being virtually foolproof ... yeah, sure. Then there was the Insiders group which was kind of like a divisive festering wound - cliques are rarely beneficial to any entity. When more and more good guys start to disappear, one can only wonder what is really going on. Staff also come and go but shouldn't completely disappear, certainly not from a golf website.

The question remains as to whether or not BSG will arise from this current crisis. More importantly, will the possible "new" BSG become a more open and non-controlling non-paranoid environment or will it sink further into the abyss of misguided allegiance by many to the highly questionable premise of an all knowing and all powerful intolerant golf maestro with questionable credentials?

It will certainly be telling when we see whether or not those raising issues in this thread and similar threads on other sites become afflicted with the increasingly infamous BSG Banishment Syndrome.[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words.

I didnt have time to read this thread. It would take all day at my pace. I would like to say a few things.

1. We need to keep this clean here. We can not allow bashing of BSG or the owner specifically. GolfWRX is not a place to air dirty laundry.

2. I have been told that our name "GolfWRX"can not be typed at BSG or images. I have heard when you type it the word "NOPE" pops up in place of our name. As a result we have struggled to allow a one way road and allow their name.

3. These discussions are never healthy here on WRX. Reason is it never resolves anything, rather it allows for confrontations and arguments. Usually a bloody history lessons of deals gone bad, and why BSG is bad or the opposite why they are justified to do what they do. At the end there are always two sides. You make your mind up and support whom you will for whatever reason you choose.

4. GolfWRX- We are here for a reason. We started for that reason. We are here for our MEMBERS. Our purpose is to serve our membership as a whole. Our spirit here is to squash anything that could resemble a Totalitarianism type community or system. We pride ourselves to honor the popular vote of our membership. We do not sell equipment so we can stay open and un biased. We never want to enter into controversy. Our opinions are of our membership and not of the ownership. The profits we make have allowed us return better services to our membership so they will be proud of their affiliation with WRX.

Quick history lesson and I will shut up. I was a Golf Opinions (older Golf Forum) guy and fell in love with the forum thanks to the great guys there. Prad and the crew were great. The site failed and went under for months with it and resource issues and BSG popped up. I went over there "all in" and was hooked. Years went by as a Tour issue freak and I went through gear like a true Ho. Then I fell in love with the Cleveland Comp 460. I tried to tell everybody about my new holy grail and went out and made post to support the new find. BSG wasnt having it. I was shocked that I could not promote my thoughts. I spent HOURS and HOURS adding to threads and posting over the years. I felt some level of entitlement that I should be able to tout the new head. At the end of the day the Cleveland 460 Comp want not allowed to be propped up. For this reason GolfWRX need to be created. Created for the membership to voice their opinions

As a member we provide countless hours of support through posting and adding value to this site. We are a part of why this site is what is has become. Over 500,000 unique IP addresses and 8 million pageviews a month we are by far the largest golf forum on the internet. We didnt grow to this size because we didnt serve our membership. We are aggressively adding widgets and options to knock the socks off of our membership. 2010 will prove that again. We are and always will make our members proud.

Please keep it clean. Within days I am sure BSG will be up and running. There is plenty of room for them on this huge net. Do remember we take the high road here as a whole. We are here to allow a golfer to read spin free opinions.

Richard :)

If that's the kid that BSG hired to do lessons, (I believe CSanchez70 on BSG, aka "the Mighty Sanchez") then that's the guy.

I actually still have my emails from Todd, who just wanted a bunch of us to go away after he banned us. My simple reply was that when he returned the money that he owed me, he wouldn't hear a peep out of me again. Since he declined, I've told everyone about the issues that I and others have had regarding Todd. I'm not worried about what I post. As I said before, I challenge anyone to find something that I've posted that I can't back up.

I just wish Adam Mull was able to post his comments about VegasSE, Todd Allen, or whatever new name he's going to use... :rolleyes:

[quote name='easyyy' post='2048729' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:26 PM'][quote name='SwingBlade' post='2048239' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:55 PM']Like many others, I have long enjoyed accessing Golfwrx as a quality golf website but mostly read and haven't posted all that much over here. When BSG disappeared recently I dropped in over here to see if there was any scuttlebutt. I did a search for "BSG" and only came up with one thread and it had only one or two replies and was marked CLOSED. That kind of disappointed me but wasn't unexpected considering the historical longevity of such strings over at BSG ... BSG not exactly being known for tolerating or even acknowledging the existence of any other golf websites.

Then two days ago I came across this thread and it has taken a little while to digest it all. I think it says a lot about the owners and mods of Golfwrx that they have not only allowed this thread to continue but that they have been so generally neutral as it has evolved. This thread has been allowed to ebb and flow. Such a thread about Golfwrx would certainly not have been allowed to exist over at BSG unless it was very controlled, very negative, and it was known that Golfwrx was completely and irrevocably dead. Obviously, the future status of BSG is not known at present which again says a lot about the refreshingly open non-controlling culture here at Golfwrx.

It was long known to many that there was a fair amount of animosity on the net towards Todd & Co apparently from other's past experiences, but the overall nature and sheer volume of a lot of the info in this thread is probably a revelation to many people. Certainly it has long been obvious that the threat of banishment hung over every poster's head when writing over at BSG, especially if one had the audacity to mention Golfwrx, other golf websites, eBay sales, or anything negative about BSG or, heaven forbid, anything not recognizing the significantly curative powers of tour issued equipment.

While some BSG staff guys like D Town always appeared to be quality individuals, it was obvious that his departure was troubling in some way. It also became obvious that some of the BSG mods had increasingly become quite arrogant and controlling - that is - intrusive, all knowing, and very protective of the company line. When it became apparent that D Town and a number of other quality individuals appeared to be persona non grata at BSG, it increasingly became a kind of three tier website. First, there were those who simply wanted to talk about golf. Then there were those who worshiped at the Todd Tour Altar and who had the need to end every statement with some gratuitous comment that all golf equipment problems could be solved by a BSG custom fitting session, even telephonic fitting sessions were often touted as being virtually foolproof ... yeah, sure. Then there was the Insiders group which was kind of like a divisive festering wound - cliques are rarely beneficial to any entity. When more and more good guys start to disappear, one can only wonder what is really going on. Staff also come and go but shouldn't completely disappear, certainly not from a golf website.

The question remains as to whether or not BSG will arise from this current crisis. More importantly, will the possible "new" BSG become a more open and non-controlling non-paranoid environment or will it sink further into the abyss of misguided allegiance by many to the highly questionable premise of an all knowing and all powerful intolerant golf maestro with questionable credentials?

It will certainly be telling when we see whether or not those raising issues in this thread and similar threads on other sites become afflicted with the increasingly infamous BSG Banishment Syndrome.[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words.

I didnt have time to read this thread. It would take all day at my pace. I would like to say a few things.

1. We need to keep this clean here. We can not allow bashing of BSG or the owner specifically. GolfWRX is not a place to air dirty laundry.

2. I have been told that our name "GolfWRX"can not be typed at BSG or images. I have heard when you type it the word "NOPE" pops up in place of our name. As a result we have struggled to allow a one way road and allow their name.

3. These discussions are never healthy here on WRX. Reason is it never resolves anything, rather it allows for confrontations and arguments. Usually a bloody history lessons of deals gone bad, and why BSG is bad or the opposite why they are justified to do what they do. At the end there are always two sides. You make your mind up and support whom you will for whatever reason you choose.

4. GolfWRX- We are here for a reason. We started for that reason. We are here for our MEMBERS. Our purpose is to serve our membership as a whole. Our spirit here is to squash anything that could resemble a Totalitarianism type community or system. We pride ourselves to honor the popular vote of our membership. We do not sell equipment so we can stay open and un biased. We never want to enter into controversy. Our opinions are of our membership and not of the ownership. The profits we make have allowed us return better services to our membership so they will be proud of their affiliation with WRX.

Quick history lesson and I will shut up. I was a Golf Opinions (older Golf Forum) guy and fell in love with the forum thanks to the great guys there. Prad and the crew were great. The site failed and went under for months with it and resource issues and BSG popped up. I went over there "all in" and was hooked. Years went by as a Tour issue freak and I went through gear like a true Ho. Then I fell in love with the Cleveland Comp 460. I tried to tell everybody about my new holy grail and went out and made post to support the new find. BSG wasnt having it. I was shocked that I could not promote my thoughts. I spent HOURS and HOURS adding to threads and posting over the years. I felt some level of entitlement that I should be able to tout the new head. At the end of the day the Cleveland 460 Comp want not allowed to be propped up. For this reason GolfWRX need to be created. Created for the membership to voice their opinions

As a member we provide countless hours of support through posting and adding value to this site. We are a part of why this site is what is has become. Over 500,000 unique IP addresses and 8 million pageviews a month we are by far the largest golf forum on the internet. We didnt grow to this size because we didnt serve our membership. We are aggressively adding widgets and options to knock the socks off of our membership. 2010 will prove that again. We are and always will make our members proud.

Please keep it clean. Within days I am sure BSG will be up and running. There is plenty of room for them on this huge net. Do remember we take the high road here as a whole. We are here to allow a golfer to read spin free opinions.

Richard :)
[/quote]
this is the reason GolfWrx is duhhh best!!!

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Ventus Blue TR 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/DG 120 X100

W/S Forged 50* w/DG TI S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG TI S400

Kia Ma Daytona TP
TP5X 24'

[quote name='stage1350' post='2048732' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:29 PM']If that's the kid that BSG hired to do lessons, (I believe CSanchez70 on BSG, aka "the Mighty Sanchez") then that's the guy.

I actually still have my emails from Todd, who just wanted a bunch of us to go away after he banned us. My simple reply was that when he returned the money that he owed me, he wouldn't hear a peep out of me again. Since he declined, I've told everyone about the issues that I and others have had regarding Todd. I'm not worried about what I post. As I said before, I challenge anyone to find something that I've posted that I can't back up.

I just wish Adam Mull was able to post his comments about VegasSE, Todd Allen, or whatever new name he's going to use... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yes, that is CSanchez70.

[quote name='petter7' post='2048719' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:19 PM']I really don't need an answer because I have no doubt his point of view is a valid one and too many quality guys
have been treated badly and the accusations are justified.[/quote]

It's pretty awesome to have an enlightened point of view about golf forums in general, no?

[i]Sorry about my elusive reference regarding the movie Event Horizon in my earlier post. Some folks "get" my hints. Others have to travel a path to discover that the ship they occupy is doomed - or - they end up having their eyes gouged out - surrounded by fire in a zero gravity environment. I'm just saying - f*cking listen to me next time. [/i] :lol:

As an old GO member and an early BSG member who left there after less than a few months, this has been an amazing read. I was efnef at those boards and at GEA where I hang out now. I pretty much figured out that Todd was less than a sterling character early on but what happened to some of the early mods/members at BSG such as Kenwood, Amyandmark, Chisag, and Dabomber? Just curious. They seemed like good guys and none of them have been mentioned in this thread.

[quote name='Black Mountain Golfer' post='2048804' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:09 AM']As an old GO member and an early BSG member who left there after less than a few months, this has been an amazing read. I was efnef at those boards and at GEA where I hang out now. I pretty much figured out that Todd was less than a sterling character early on but what happened to some of the early mods/members at BSG such as Kenwood, Amyandmark, Chisag, and Dabomber? Just curious. They seemed like good guys and none of them have been mentioned in this thread.[/quote]

I don't know if it is the sme person, but "Chisag" is a pretty regular poster here.

[quote name='LSeca' post='2048807' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:12 PM'][quote name='Black Mountain Golfer' post='2048804' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:09 AM']As an old GO member and an early BSG member who left there after less than a few months, this has been an amazing read. I was efnef at those boards and at GEA where I hang out now. I pretty much figured out that Todd was less than a sterling character early on but what happened to some of the early mods/members at BSG such as Kenwood, Amyandmark, Chisag, and Dabomber? Just curious. They seemed like good guys and none of them have been mentioned in this thread.[/quote]

I don't know if it is the sme person, but "Chisag" is a pretty regular poster here.
[/quote]

I may very well be mistaken, but didn't amyandmark become IndyHack?

e:spelling

[quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048006' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:35 PM']I keep seeing this phrase come up, time and time again: THUMB RINGS.

What's the story behind this? I can't find anything, and it's not for a lack of trying![/quote]
Lots of male jewelry was bought on ebay, including thumb rings.

[quote name='markheardjr' post='2048372' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:47 PM'][ Todd wore Mandals to the Kia Ma studio meeting when that whole deal first went down. They were dark brown or black leather, looked like Dr. Martens. Like these...man I wish I saved that pic.[/quote]
Here's some.

WOW.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple