2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2049021' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:24 PM']I'm guessing we [i]might[/i] see BSG back if his sale is successful. Maybe.

[url="http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/191555-wtt-overfinch-rover-130k-evo-80k-evo-100k-03-cobra.html"]http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automob...k-03-cobra.html[/url][/quote]
Check the thread now.
Can't see it lasting long.

[quote name='irvtrain' post='2048614' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:29 PM']Hearing about the Insider Clique makes me NOT want to go back to BSG if it ever comes back up and running. How could anyone make comments behind someones back like that especially CDBomb who was one of the more Knowledgable posters on that site! I have had arguments on that site that got personal with NYHC [b]and Speirsy in a thread and I am sure they went ahead and probably had some stupid things to say about me in the "Insider Locker Room". [/b][/quote]

No chance. I was never big on that whole YKWISTAM thread.

I don't even remember what you are talking about.

Ok, just wanted to get that cleared up.

[quote name='Speirsy11' post='2049098' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:46 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2048614' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:29 PM']Hearing about the Insider Clique makes me NOT want to go back to BSG if it ever comes back up and running. How could anyone make comments behind someones back like that especially CDBomb who was one of the more Knowledgable posters on that site! I have had arguments on that site that got personal with NYHC [b]and Speirsy in a thread and I am sure they went ahead and probably had some stupid things to say about me in the "Insider Locker Room". [/b][/quote]

[/quote]

Hey SP11, I don't remember anyone bashing CDBomb in the Locker Room, do you??

We were too busy putting up T and A pics and camel toe shots. :D

Yours were the best!!

[quote name='petter7' post='2049120' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:05 AM'][quote name='Speirsy11' post='2049098' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:46 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2048614' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:29 PM']Hearing about the Insider Clique makes me NOT want to go back to BSG if it ever comes back up and running. How could anyone make comments behind someones back like that especially CDBomb who was one of the more Knowledgable posters on that site! I have had arguments on that site that got personal with NYHC [b]and Speirsy in a thread and I am sure they went ahead and probably had some stupid things to say about me in the "Insider Locker Room". [/b][/quote]

[/quote]

Yours were the best!!

[/quote]

I don't really want to get involved in this whole thread, just wanted to clear up any idea that I'm in there bashing guys because they disagree with me.

I will say, CDBomb took a beating in there for a while, mostly based on his stance on the golf ball rollback issue a few years back; that has not been exaggerated in any way shape or form. If anything it's been downplayed.

[quote name='Speirsy11' post='2049127' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:12 AM'][quote name='petter7' post='2049120' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:05 AM'][quote name='Speirsy11' post='2049098' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:46 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2048614' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:29 PM']Hearing about the Insider Clique makes me NOT want to go back to BSG if it ever comes back up and running. How could anyone make comments behind someones back like that especially CDBomb who was one of the more Knowledgable posters on that site! I have had arguments on that site that got personal with NYHC [b]and Speirsy in a thread and I am sure they went ahead and probably had some stupid things to say about me in the "Insider Locker Room". [/b][/quote]

[/quote]

Yours were the best!!

[/quote]

I don't really want to get involved in this whole thread, just wanted to clear up any idea that I'm in there bashing guys because they disagree with me.

I will say, CDBomb took a beating in there for a while, mostly based on his stance on the golf ball rollback issue a few years back; that has not been exaggerated in any way shape or form. If anything it's been downplayed.
[/quote]

I guess that was before my time. Sorry to hear that. I like the guy.

[quote name='GARETH1971' post='2049094' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:40 AM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2049021' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:24 PM']I'm guessing we [i]might[/i] see BSG back if his sale is successful. Maybe.

[url="http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/191555-wtt-overfinch-rover-130k-evo-80k-evo-100k-03-cobra.html"]http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automob...k-03-cobra.html[/url][/quote]
Check the thread now.
[/quote]

I love the last post on the thread above, guessing no one on that site knows what that even means and Todd can't really even fire back.

I can guarantee you Speirsy has no idea what is going on...If there is one thing Todd never was, it's forthcoming (or honest for that matter)...his mods were always in the dark, just like everyone else. The only ones who may have known anything were his "employees" and I use that term very loosely.

Todd looks to be running from a lot of things at the moment, not the least of which is his past...I doubt there is anyone that feels any sympathy right at this moment...

[quote name='GARETH1971' post='2049094' date='Nov 6 2009, 07:40 AM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2049021' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:24 PM']I'm guessing we [i]might[/i] see BSG back if his sale is successful. Maybe.

Check the thread now.
[/quote]

Holy crap, sabotage. :partytime2: I can't wait to see what happens next.

[quote name='RPantello' post='2049192' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:48 AM'][quote name='GARETH1971' post='2049094' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:40 AM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2049021' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:24 PM']I'm guessing we [i]might[/i] see BSG back if his sale is successful. Maybe.

Check the thread now.
[/quote]

I love the last post on the thread above, guessing no one on that site knows what that even means and Todd can't really even fire back.
[/quote]

haha, that's funny. Gave flashbacks of the NSX thread.

Just saw the last reply.......pretty good

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki Tour 73g Stiff
TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
Callaway PM 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.

[quote name='elrey23' post='2049212' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:01 AM'][quote name='GARETH1971' post='2049094' date='Nov 6 2009, 07:40 AM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2049021' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:24 PM']I'm guessing we [i]might[/i] see BSG back if his sale is successful. Maybe.

Check the thread now.
[/quote]

Holy crap, sabotage. :partytime2: I can't wait to see what happens next.
[/quote]

Can you see the floating question marks above the guys that read that post that are pure car guys and have no idea what Todd is/was!!

Jason

Wow, dclown you may want to look into counseling for your stalking problem. You must have been burned something serious by the boys in candy lime. It was an amusing post out of the blue in the car forum. I like the blue by you paint color on the first evo. The candy lime boys would never put a blue by you vs in a club but on a bazillion $$ mitsubishi ok. Hmmm a mitsubishi with an aldila shaft?????

I for one think that is a bit un-cool and childish to post comments on an unrelated site..... Maybe because this is all a lot to take in. I have always regarded BSG as a good information forum and the past few days there has been so much bashing. I learned a lot from that site. From the people who made that site what it is/was. A forum is only as good as it's members. I know some will say that how it is run is just as important, which is true, however, Todd was not the only one posting there. The personal attacks some of you have posted about his wardrobe choices etc. are really not even relevant to the topic. You will notice that guys like ROBOPTI have not added negative comments. This is why threads get closed. It goes from a discussion of poor business practices to he wears thumb rings and mandals... Whatever! I have met many fine people on both sites. In fact some of the best discussions I have had have been people I have met through BSG. RickRapp, Petter7, ROBOPTI, Speirsey11 and a list of others who have given advice to many many people without trying to take anyone for a ride.... This is starting to sound like a Girls High School Locker Room!!!

Jorge

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2049196' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:50 AM']Spiersy11, care to comment on where BSG is? You could have cleared that up, whether or not it would be back, etc. What the deal was. But in typical cryptic BSG fashion, nothing.

That site is like a Mason lodge.[/quote]

Sorry, not trying to be cryptic at all.

I honestly have no idea at all whats going on. Heck, I didn't even get an email like some of you guys did.

I wish I could add more but I really have nothing to offer besides I'm as surprised as anyone else that it went down and is still down.

[quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2049278' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:33 AM']I for one think that is a bit un-cool and childish to post comments on an unrelated site..... Maybe because this is all a lot to take in. I [b]have always regarded BSG as a good information forum[/b] and the past few days there has been so much bashing. I learned a lot from that site. From the people who made that site what it is/was. A forum is only as good as it's members. I know some will say that how it is run is just as important, which is true, however, Todd was not the only one posting there. The personal attacks some of you have posted about his wardrobe choices etc. are really not even relevant to the topic. You will notice that guys like ROBOPTI have not added negative comments. This is why threads get closed. It goes from a discussion of poor business practices to he wears thumb rings and mandals... Whatever! I have met many fine people on both sites. In fact some of the best discussions I have had have been people I have met through BSG. RickRapp, Petter7, ROBOPTI, Speirsey11 and a list of others who have given advice to many many people without trying to take anyone for a ride.... This is starting to sound like a Girls High School Locker Room!!!

Jorge[/quote]
You're the umpteenth person who has said something similar to this. While that may be true, it almost comes off like you know who should be given a pass because there was a lot of good information on there. Getting good info and not getting screwed shouldn't be mutually exclusive and WRX proves that. This site has just as much good info and posters, in my short experience here so far and does it without all the superfluous crap that was on the other site. I know you don't think he should be given a pass and that isn't what you're saying but it just seems like a justification, that's all.JMO

[quote name='elrey23' post='2049330' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:02 AM'][quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2049278' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:33 AM']I for one think that is a bit un-cool and childish to post comments on an unrelated site..... Maybe because this is all a lot to take in. I [b]have always regarded BSG as a good information forum[/b] and the past few days there has been so much bashing. I learned a lot from that site. From the people who made that site what it is/was. A forum is only as good as it's members. I know some will say that how it is run is just as important, which is true, however, Todd was not the only one posting there. The personal attacks some of you have posted about his wardrobe choices etc. are really not even relevant to the topic. You will notice that guys like ROBOPTI have not added negative comments. This is why threads get closed. It goes from a discussion of poor business practices to he wears thumb rings and mandals... Whatever! I have met many fine people on both sites. In fact some of the best discussions I have had have been people I have met through BSG. RickRapp, Petter7, ROBOPTI, Speirsey11 and a list of others who have given advice to many many people without trying to take anyone for a ride.... This is starting to sound like a Girls High School Locker Room!!!

Jorge[/quote]
You're the umpteenth person who has said something similar to this. While that may be true, it almost comes off like you know who should be given a pass because there was a lot of good information on there. Getting good info and not getting screwed shouldn't be mutually exclusive and WRX proves that. This site has just as much good info and posters, in my short experience here so far and does it without all the superfluous crap that was on the other site. I know you don't think he should be given a pass and that isn't what you're saying but it just seems like a justification, that's all.JMO
[/quote]

Elry23,

As you pointed out... In no way am I saying he should be getting a pass. I just think that "WE" make a forum what it is. I had a Bombsquadgolf.com headcover on my driver because I thought there was a good thing going on there. (I should get the GolfWRX putter cover I know) and I feel stupid for not seeing what was going on too what I consider my peers. However, What does his shoe preference have to do with anything....? Yes he may be a Jacka$$ but It wasn't his sandal's or thumbrings, or weight that had anything to do with ripping people off. What I'm saying is we should discuss is what he did wrong (as you did in your posts). It would be like you saying well at least I don't wear Cole Hann's like Jorge does... who cares what I wear? I love GOLFWRX I'm on here more than any other site. Why because "WE" all treat each other with lots of respect!

FWIW: I'm sure he's not an a$$ cause his mom didn't hug him enough when he was a kid :) I don't buy all that "He was a victim" sh!t.

Jorge