Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2049356' date='Nov 6 2009, 10:18 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2049330' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:02 AM'][quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2049278' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:33 AM']I for one think that is a bit un-cool and childish to post comments on an unrelated site..... Maybe because this is all a lot to take in. I [b]have always regarded BSG as a good information forum[/b] and the past few days there has been so much bashing. I learned a lot from that site. From the people who made that site what it is/was. A forum is only as good as it's members. I know some will say that how it is run is just as important, which is true, however, Todd was not the only one posting there. The personal attacks some of you have posted about his wardrobe choices etc. are really not even relevant to the topic. You will notice that guys like ROBOPTI have not added negative comments. This is why threads get closed. It goes from a discussion of poor business practices to he wears thumb rings and mandals... Whatever! I have met many fine people on both sites. In fact some of the best discussions I have had have been people I have met through BSG. RickRapp, Petter7, ROBOPTI, Speirsey11 and a list of others who have given advice to many many people without trying to take anyone for a ride.... This is starting to sound like a Girls High School Locker Room!!!

Jorge[/quote]
You're the umpteenth person who has said something similar to this. While that may be true, it almost comes off like you know who should be given a pass because there was a lot of good information on there. Getting good info and not getting screwed shouldn't be mutually exclusive and WRX proves that. This site has just as much good info and posters, in my short experience here so far and does it without all the superfluous crap that was on the other site. I know you don't think he should be given a pass and that isn't what you're saying but it just seems like a justification, that's all.JMO
[/quote]

Elry23,

As you pointed out... In no way am I saying he should be getting a pass. I just think that "WE" make a forum what it is. I had a Bombsquadgolf.com headcover on my driver because I thought there was a good thing going on there. (I should get the GolfWRX putter cover I know) and I feel stupid for not seeing what was going on too what I consider my peers. However, What does his shoe preference have to do with anything....? Yes he may be a Jacka$ but It wasn't his sandal's or thumbrings, or weight that had anything to do with ripping people off. What I'm saying is we should discuss is what he did wrong (as you did in your posts). It would be like you saying well at least I don't wear Cole Hann's like Jorge does... who cares what I wear? I love GOLFWRX I'm on here more than any other site. Why because "WE" all treat each other with lots of respect!

FWIW: I'm sure he's not an a$ cause his mom didn't hug him enough when he was a kid :) I don't buy all that "He was a victim" sh!t.

Jorge
[/quote]

Thanks for not taking it the wrong way because that wasn't what I intended. I think that people are taking digs at him personally about his wardrobe, etc., because that's a natural progression of things. Whether that is good or bad, I don't know but the first thing people tend to go after is personal choices one makes like wearing mandals, thumb rings, etc. People are just teed off and that's really all they can do to get back at him so that's what they do.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='studatnu' post='2049221' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:07 AM']Just saw the last reply.......pretty good[/quote]

that Dclown post was hilarious

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Ventus Blue TR 6TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Ventus Blue TR 8X

TP 08 3I w/Epic X

W/S Staff Model CB/MB 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

Mg4 50*, 56*, 60* w/MMT 125TX

AI One Jailbird Mini
Pro V1X-

eBay is blocked at work, but I was wondering if all their eBay ads still had their pictures up? I mean, if I owned a website, I would probably host my own ebay photo's from there. So if the site goes down, I would assume the hosted pics do as well? Unless they are really dumb and actually paid eBay to host the photo's for them.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

To Easyyy,
The Cleveland Comp was a great head! I had an original tour version that had both 460 on the hosel and the TXXXXX serial number. Very rare to have both. It was an absolute cannon. I got taken on a trade with a guy named peter chua who offered a brand new R7 TP tour w/ TP diamana...which at the time would pull in some great cash. Turns out he never sent the club, offered me like $350 for my like new Comp....saw him selling it on WRX or BSG a few months later. Called him out but never got it back. Too bad. It was a great club, I had a stock NV 65-X in it. Watched pga_apprentice hit it 360 first time he ever swung it when we played once. Glad to know why you started WRX. I think I found WRX because I got booted on BSG and found someone here selling a brand new FT3 tour set up after searching for tour gear online.

[quote name='ksavy17' post='2049452' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:12 AM'][quote name='studatnu' post='2049221' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:07 AM']Just saw the last reply.......pretty good[/quote]

that Dclown post was hilarious
[/quote]
I think the piling on at a totally separate forum is a little much. I'm not going to knock someone for sabotaging his sale (karma sucks!), but I just don't know.

I don't want it to fuel his fire so he comes here and trolls... then eventually gets this thread locked.

I was a very early poster at BSG - found it from the GO forums. Really enjoyed it, learned a lot there. I found the clubmakers' forum particularly helpful as I learned to do all of my own club work. I never had a bad transaction with anyone on BSG, either the site owners or in BST. However, it became clearer to me over time that there was a strong bias in the "tour equipment" forum towards the owner's commercial interests, so I stopped reading that one. Unfortunately, traffic really fell and when traffic falls, content falls, so I found less useful info overall at BSG.

Early on I signed up as an Insider (wanted to support the site). What was interesting is I remained an Insider from then on, but never had to pay again. No complaints here for that! Although you had to be an Insider to see my best post ever, titled: "Green shoes??? I'm speechless...."

Sorry to see BSG go if they are in fact gone, look forward to spending more of my time here at GolfWRX.

[quote name='Black Mountain Golfer' post='2048804' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:09 PM']As an old GO member and an early BSG member who left there after less than a few months, this has been an amazing read. I was efnef at those boards and at GEA where I hang out now. I pretty much figured out that Todd was less than a sterling character early on but what happened to some of the early mods/members at BSG such as Kenwood, Amyandmark, Chisag, and Dabomber? Just curious. They seemed like good guys and none of them have been mentioned in this thread.[/quote]

Speaking of old posters, anyone else remember Speedhit? He was one of the good guys, a prolific poster at GO, one of the most knowledgeably guys about JDM equipment, who left GO to become a mod at BSG soon after Todd started it. A few months later he basically disappeared. Stopped posting on any board, stopped responding to e-mails, didn't even respond to some people's phone calls. To this day I don't know if anyone had a clue where he went.

Do any of you older guys remember Dick Groff, Seaport or Joshwhit. I don't think there was ever a club made, a foundry opened, or any new kind of material used that Joshwhit was not an expert on :)

Driver- TM 510 Tour
4 Wood- Titleist 970 Silver 17
Irons- PGA Diamondback Blades (RAW) 2 (20)- PW (52)
Sand Wedge- Scratch Don White 56
Lob Wedge- Scratch Don White 60
Putter- Titleist Bullseye (Cameron WGC Special)
Ball- Titleist Tour Speed

[quote name='Harry Longshanks' post='2048422' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:03 PM']Well, even if they are out of style, I'm not giving up my Tevas in the summer when I'm hanging out in shorts and a T-shirt.

They've been with me canoeing, on multi-day river rafting trips, and at the base of Mt. Hood after a day of summer snowboarding. They are like friends. Occasionally stinky friends, but friends nonetheless.[/quote]
Harry,

Keep them on your feet. The difference is that Teva's other water sports sandals actual are designed for a purpose and have a function just like golf shoes have a designated purpose and function.

The only function of "mandles" is to provide fodder for unrelenting mockery and to obfuscate any attempts at identification of sexual preference or gender.

Manpri's anyone?

[quote name='flogpro2252' post='2049207' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:57 AM']I can guarantee you Speirsy has no idea what is going on...If there is one thing Todd never was, it's forthcoming (or honest for that matter)...his mods were always in the dark, just like everyone else. The only ones who may have known anything were his "employees" and I use that term very loosely.

Todd looks to be running from a lot of things at the moment, not the least of which is his past...I doubt there is anyone that feels any sympathy right at this moment...[/quote]

There are not many comments on this post yet, but if this is the Flogpro I think it is, it is not a good sign for bsg being back up any time soon or ever. . . the original question in this thread and the first public post from a bsg mod.

[quote name='coachemup' post='2049694' date='Nov 6 2009, 02:31 PM']Do any of you older guys remember Dick Groff, Seaport or Joshwhit. I don't think there was ever a club made, a foundry opened, or any new kind of material used that Joshwhit was not an expert on :)[/quote]

Joshwhit is here now. New name and face but same guy.

I got a message that BSG will be up shortly, and as Gxgolfer said early on it is a server issue. Please continue to stay mello in this thread or we will have to close it. We dont want to close threads but the poison is spreading.

[quote name='Speirsy11' post='2049098' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:46 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2048614' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:29 PM']Hearing about the Insider Clique makes me NOT want to go back to BSG if it ever comes back up and running. How could anyone make comments behind someones back like that especially CDBomb who was one of the more Knowledgable posters on that site! I have had arguments on that site that got personal with NYHC [b]and Speirsy in a thread and I am sure they went ahead and probably had some stupid things to say about me in the "Insider Locker Room". [/b][/quote]

No chance. I was never big on that whole YKWISTAM thread.

I don't even remember what you are talking about.

Ok, just wanted to get that cleared up.
[/quote]

It was the thread about taking your young kids on the course. I didn't have a problem with the disagreement but I do find people going into the insider locker room to talk negatively about other posters to be cowardly and childish. If you did not do that than I am sorry for associating you with those that did. :friends:

[quote]To Easyyy,
The Cleveland Comp was a great head! I had an original tour version that had both 460 on the hosel and the TXXXXX serial number. Very rare to have both. It was an absolute cannon. I got taken on a trade with a guy named peter chua who offered a brand new R7 TP tour w/ TP diamana...which at the time would pull in some great cash. Turns out he never sent the club, offered me like $350 for my like new Comp....saw him selling it on WRX or BSG a few months later. Called him out but never got it back. Too bad. It was a great club, I had a stock NV 65-X in it. Watched pga_apprentice hit it 360 first time he ever swung it when we played once. Glad to know why you started WRX. I think I found WRX because I got booted on BSG and found someone here selling a brand new FT3 tour set up after searching for tour gear online.[/quote]

was this Peter Chua from Maryland?

[quote name='Banker' post='2049747' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:56 PM']While we are reminiscing, did anybody see the old video's of ROBOPTI and his motorcycle? Made my palms sweat just watching it.[/quote]

Want me to start a thread and post em all up

.... FYI .. My Turbo Busa is the #1 video OF ALL TIME - in term of hits - for bikes on YouTube

I watch them from time to time and wonder how I lived this long :russian_roulette::russian_roulette::russian_roulette::russian_roulette::russian_roulette:

[quote name='bma725' post='2049637' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:52 PM'][quote name='Black Mountain Golfer' post='2048804' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:09 PM']As an old GO member and an early BSG member who left there after less than a few months, this has been an amazing read. I was efnef at those boards and at GEA where I hang out now. I pretty much figured out that Todd was less than a sterling character early on but what happened to some of the early mods/members at BSG such as Kenwood, Amyandmark, Chisag, and Dabomber? Just curious. They seemed like good guys and none of them have been mentioned in this thread.[/quote]

Speaking of old posters, anyone else remember Speedhit? He was one of the good guys, a prolific poster at GO, one of the most knowledgeably guys about JDM equipment, who left GO to become a mod at BSG soon after Todd started it. A few months later he basically disappeared. Stopped posting on any board, stopped responding to e-mails, didn't even respond to some people's phone calls. To this day I don't know if anyone had a clue where he went.
[/quote]

I remember speedhit and his terrific avatars from the old GO days and early BSG days. The last I read, a few years ago now, he developed a life threatening illness, which is why he quit posting. I never read about an outcome but I certainly hope he recovered.

[quote name='coachemup' post='2049694' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:31 PM']Do any of you older guys remember Dick Groff, Seaport or Joshwhit. I don't think there was ever a club made, a foundry opened, or any new kind of material used that Joshwhit was not an expert on :)[/quote]

Joshwhit announced, a looong time ago, that for personal reasons he would stop posting. It was a shame as he was a wealth of knowledge and had early access to new offerings from most manufacturers.
I bought a Fuji shaft or two from Seaport. He lived in Japan and had some equipment contacts. He was a gentleman, a class act, and very professional to deal with.....unlike other dubious sources.

[quote name='skinkman' post='2050074' date='Nov 6 2009, 03:18 PM'][quote]To Easyyy,
The Cleveland Comp was a great head! I had an original tour version that had both 460 on the hosel and the TXXXXX serial number. Very rare to have both. It was an absolute cannon. I got taken on a trade with a guy named peter chua who offered a brand new R7 TP tour w/ TP diamana...which at the time would pull in some great cash. Turns out he never sent the club, offered me like $350 for my like new Comp....saw him selling it on WRX or BSG a few months later. Called him out but never got it back. Too bad. It was a great club, I had a stock NV 65-X in it. Watched pga_apprentice hit it 360 first time he ever swung it when we played once. Glad to know why you started WRX. I think I found WRX because I got booted on BSG and found someone here selling a brand new FT3 tour set up after searching for tour gear online.[/quote]

was this Peter Chua from Maryland?
[/quote]

Not sure, at the time he was in Thailand. I have run into him once or twice on different forums though.
-Mark

[quote name='ROBOPTI' post='2050082' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:23 PM'][quote name='Banker' post='2049747' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:56 PM']While we are reminiscing, did anybody see the old video's of ROBOPTI and his motorcycle? Made my palms sweat just watching it.[/quote]

Want me to start a thread and post em all up

.... FYI .. My Turbo Busa is the #1 video OF ALL TIME - in term of hits - for bikes on YouTube

I watch them from time to time and wonder how I lived this long :russian_roulette::russian_roulette::russian_roulette::russian_roulette::russian_roulette:
[/quote]

THAT WOULD BE MOST EXCELLENT! I have always enjoyed those videos, but at the same time, I'm loathe for the posters who were always quick to chastise . . .

[quote name='irvtrain' post='2050015' date='Nov 6 2009, 04:41 PM'][quote name='Speirsy11' post='2049098' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:46 AM'][quote name='irvtrain' post='2048614' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:29 PM']Hearing about the Insider Clique makes me NOT want to go back to BSG if it ever comes back up and running. How could anyone make comments behind someones back like that especially CDBomb who was one of the more Knowledgable posters on that site! I have had arguments on that site that got personal with NYHC [b]and Speirsy in a thread and I am sure they went ahead and probably had some stupid things to say about me in the "Insider Locker Room". [/b][/quote]

No chance. I was never big on that whole YKWISTAM thread.

I don't even remember what you are talking about.

Ok, just wanted to get that cleared up.
[/quote]

It was the thread about taking your young kids on the course. I didn't have a problem with the disagreement but I do find people going into the insider locker room to talk negatively about other posters to be cowardly and childish. If you did not do that than I am sorry for associating you with those that did. :friends:
[/quote]

No worries. I'm in agreement with you. I don't mind the odd disagreement as long as it remains civil (as civil as an argument can be of course) and up front. I despise when people chirp behind other people's backs like that.

[quote name='corky' post='2050247' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:56 PM'][quote name='MikeC' post='2050220' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:42 AM'][quote name='Hungsolo' post='2048865' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:58 PM'][quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048006' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:35 PM']I keep seeing this phrase come up, time and time again: THUMB RINGS.

What's the story behind this? I can't find anything, and it's not for a lack of trying![/quote]
Lots of male jewelry was bought on ebay, including thumb rings.

[quote name='markheardjr' post='2048372' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:47 PM'][ Todd wore Mandals to the Kia Ma studio meeting when that whole deal first went down. They were dark brown or black leather, looked like Dr. Martens. Like these...man I wish I saved that pic.[/quote]
Here's some.
[/quote]

The guy wearing the stripes in this pic sure is "buff". As in "all-you-can-eat buffet" buff... (cool)
[/quote]

Props for wearing the Adidas gear to a TaylorMade event.... he looks just like Sergio don't he?

[/quote]

He absolutely does look like Sergio...in like 30 years from now.

[quote name='McFly' post='2050103' date='Nov 6 2009, 05:34 PM'][quote name='coachemup' post='2049694' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:31 PM']Do any of you older guys remember Dick Groff, Seaport or Joshwhit. I don't think there was ever a club made, a foundry opened, or any new kind of material used that Joshwhit was not an expert on :)[/quote]

Joshwhit announced, a looong time ago, that for personal reasons he would stop posting. It was a shame as he was a wealth of knowledge and had early access to new offerings from most manufacturers.
I bought a Fuji shaft or two from Seaport. He lived in Japan and had some equipment contacts. He was a gentleman, a class act, and very professional to deal with.....unlike other dubious sources.
[/quote]

JoshWhit is a very active member here under a different name and has several thousand posts already with many very good posts and threads of clubs and opinions. A good asset to WRX as he was to GO back then. Seaport is a good guy to deal with and I've bought more than too many clubs from him while on GO. LOL Especially that it's always great to deal with a fellow Blues fan. Hehe

About Peter Chua, I have dealt with him and I believe he's here but not 100% sure of his user name so I'll leave it up to higher ups.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

[quote name='easyyy' post='2048729' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:26 PM']...Then I fell in love with the Cleveland Comp 460. I tried to tell everybody about my new holy grail and went out and made post to support the new find. BSG wasnt having it. I was shocked that I could not promote my thoughts. I spent HOURS and HOURS adding to threads and posting over the years. I felt some level of entitlement that I should be able to tout the new head. At the end of the day the Cleveland 460 Comp want not allowed to be propped up. For this reason GolfWRX need to be created. Created for the membership to voice their opinions.

Richard :)[/quote]
Ha!

I remember you and your love affair with that Comp 460. :wub: I hated that head. :lol:

And the conversations we had about this topic during GolfWRX startup. Seems like so long ago, now, doesn't it?

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='br61' post='2050275' date='Nov 6 2009, 07:13 PM'][quote name='McFly' post='2050103' date='Nov 6 2009, 05:34 PM'][quote name='coachemup' post='2049694' date='Nov 6 2009, 01:31 PM']Do any of you older guys remember Dick Groff, Seaport or Joshwhit. I don't think there was ever a club made, a foundry opened, or any new kind of material used that Joshwhit was not an expert on :)[/quote]

[/quote]

JoshWhit is a very active member here under a different name and has several thousand posts already with many very good posts and threads of clubs and opinions. A good asset to WRX as he was to GO back then. Seaport is a good guy to deal with and I've bought more than too many clubs from him while on GO. LOL Especially that it's always great to deal with a fellow Blues fan. Hehe

About Peter Chua, I have dealt with him and I believe he's here but not 100% sure of his user name so I'll leave it up to higher ups.
[/quote]

Good to know JoshWhit is still around and posting. He always had informative and well written posts that I enjoyed.

[quote name='Hungsolo' post='2048865' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:58 PM'][quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048006' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:35 PM']I keep seeing this phrase come up, time and time again: THUMB RINGS.

What's the story behind this? I can't find anything, and it's not for a lack of trying![/quote]
Lots of male jewelry was bought on ebay, including thumb rings.

[quote name='markheardjr' post='2048372' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:47 PM'][ Todd wore Mandals to the Kia Ma studio meeting when that whole deal first went down. They were dark brown or black leather, looked like Dr. Martens. Like these...man I wish I saved that pic.[/quote]
Here's some.
[/quote]

I've been in that room! They need a bigger room I say. D.S. had the highest score on that machine by the way.

I have been looking for this thread and finally found it........great read and I learned even more interesting stuff. It's like a puzzle that you knew what the big picture was, but a few pieces were missing to complete it.

It made for a great topic when I got together with a few BSGer to a trip to Mesquite and Bandon back in 2006. Both of these guys were banned by BSG also. One is on here, not sure about the other.

Man, glad I was able to read the road signs as I drove down that lonely road back in 2005, one year after I joined the group. I did stop and buy a few minor things along the way, but I knew that dirt is dirt and that some sellers just change more for it. I prefer cheap dirt when I buy dirt.

Some people are smart at making money, but dumb at spending it. Which in turns creates a market for almost anything these days. (Come on guys, the exact same shaft but in a different color for 33% more! Yet it happens all the time but with maybe not as much of a mark up. Does a Apple Lap Top in Black ring a bell?)

I will miss ole Snaggle Tooth, as one person called him after meeting him one day.

TheGom

[quote]Some people are smart at making money, but dumb at spending it. Which in turns creates a market for almost anything these days. (Come on guys, the exact same shaft but in a different color for 33% more! Yet it happens all the time but with maybe not as much of a mark up. Does a Apple Lap Top in Black ring a bell?)[/quote]

but seriously..some paints are more expensive than others.