Callaway X Forged 50-12 / 55-15 C grind / 60.9 C grind
TaylorMade / Balboa / Rossa Maranello / Bettinardi BB34
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Ozone / Edge / Nexos

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='n6jt' post='2060323' date='Nov 12 2009, 09:25 AM']I'm surprised that Wishon and Infiniti components are not included in the component category. Without these design and quality leaders the component category has little meaning.

n6jt[/quote]

Can you buy Wishon and Infiniti heads only or do you have to buy them assembled? If assembled only, they are OEM. If pieced together by anybody, then component.
[b]
For either of these brands, we need to know specific models and classifications in order to add.[/b]

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

I voted but struggled to check boxes on the following categories due to need for a couple adds:
[b]Classic and mallet Putters
[/b][color="#ff0000"][b]Need to add: Kirk Currie Customs - he's hand-milled putters longer than Mr.'s Cameron & Bettinardi & I bought a brand new one this summer (see pic).

[/b][/color][color="#000000"][b]Golf Grips:
[/b][/color][color="#ff0000"][b]Need to add: Goodyear (the Eagle & the Tour Performance are AMAZING for the $$!) and
Need to add: Tacki-Mac Itomics - best feeling grip I've held in my hands for under $3.50, hands down.

[/b][/color][color="#000000"]I thought the earlier ? about 08-09 Camerons, asking whether people own or voted for Scotty on the basis of current-model putters (which this poll is designed around current equipment...believe me, I'd've voted for Sonartec & Nickent 3DX's in place of a lot of other clubs). Personally, I really dislike almost all the current model offerings from Scotty & didn't vote for him because of that, but do like the recent Bettinardi's so he got my vote.

Thought it was cool to see that the e-series of Bridgestone balls are soaring high in the $20-40 vote range...the e5+, e6+ & e7+ balls are INCREDIBLE for the money, and aside from Nike, are the only truly seamless balls out there (and cost a lot less than a dozen Nikes, which are constructed at Bridgestone's factory). Props, Bridgestone!

As for the rest of my votes, I voted based on what I hit in the last year or really reviewed in depth (at the least), not based on what's just in my bag. I'm not sure there's a lot of folks that understand this is an 08-09 equipment vote and are trying to vote only based on what old clubs are in their bags...

[/color][color="#ff0000"]Thanks for adding those items above soon & count me in for a vote on all 3 items since I already voted![/color]

One thing I don't agree with on this poll is the same I don't agree with in this whole industry. You know as well as I do that most of the new equipment is nothing more than marketing, with few changes and constant increades prices, also showing the pros using equipment that was given to them by their sponser. Thing is, after Thursday's Darryl Survey is over many pros go back to equipment they play well. Especially here in Florida where they have to contend with the Bermuda and Rye grass root systems. Many pros change to older model thin sole blades to cut thru the roots, if not they'll yank a shoulder out or have the thick sole irons bounce off the turf and cause mishits. Also, there are a lot of favorite earlier model clubs and shafts that are still in heavy use:Taylormade R7 425TP driversTaylormade R7 TP fairway metalsTaylormade RAC MB TP irons and wedgesYou've not included any Tommy Armour or Maxfli products:Tommy Armour 845m, 845c and 845cm irons and recent TA Silver Scot forged MB's and CB's. Many pros revert to old Dunlop blades after Thursday as the soles are only about 3/8" wide. While both companies are kinda in limbo with being sold to retailers, they do have a lot of tour victories. See how many tournaments were won with Maxfli Revolution balls in the past. Tru Temper EI-70 and Graffaloy Pro Lite shafts are still in high use both by tour players and low handicap amateurs. Rifle Precission shafts still used. Don't use a stand/cart/carry bag as I use midsize grips and there's not enough room. 10" Staff bags are best for room for grips, but sacrifice is weight. Don't use/can't stand utility woods. Can't hit them and see @80% bad shots by amateurs convined they are good clubs where a 7 or 9 wood is easier to look at and hit. I have Taylormade Mid Rescues (2&3) w/Rifle 6.0's, can't hit them, can't sell them. While they're not a sponsor for any pro, Vecci Fiore golf shoes (www.veccifashions.com), worn by Payne Stewart on tour and Fred Couples and others in non tour events are the best shoe made. Payne was wearing Gallow model in famous picture from US Open win. Freddy wearing them on Shell's Wonderful WOG in match w/John Daly. Retail @$365 but can be purchased @$200. More comfort, better styling and ease on feet with comparible Footjoy Classics or new model replacing them. I own 42 pairs of golf shoes, including 13 pairs of Footjoys (6 pairs of Classics, 4 pairs Dryjoys), 5 pairs of Allen Edmonds , 4 Adidas (one pair crok pre-stripes) and many others. Two pairs are Nike Pro's pre-Tiger. Every pair os Nike shoes I've bought after Tiger have had the sole fall off including one pair of $185 Tigers that were worn 5 times w/i 2 years. Soles just fell off and they refused to repair. Soft spikes still look new! Had them glued by shoemaker. Had same problem with pair of 3 year old Footjoy Greenjoys and they replaced without question. The Fiore shoes retail @$365 but can be found on line or the bay (search Payne Stewart Golf Shoes). Hand and machine sown kid glove leather on interior of shoes w/lots of support, stiched leather or leather to rubber soles. Classic wing tip styles and others. Some come with bonded soles and worthwhile to take to shoemaker to have them stiched. Like Nike, they will debond, but only if you leave them in your trunk during extreme heat. Intech Cabretta gloves are as good as Footjoy and more resistent to sweat and streching and last longer. Footjoy gloves tend to run off on their sizes. Must try on before buying.Again, it's all marketing. How often do you see old Ping Anser putters in Majors? The putter Tiger uses, Cameron Newport was made to duplicate the Anser 2 used as an amateur. Retail for Anser 2 $95, Newport 2 $360' same putter, same metal and uses same Ping Grip. His Titlest T Model and Nike Blades designed after Mizuno MP14's and MP29's used as amateur.Again, they get their stuff free, including hours of loft/lie adjustments, custom and proto shafts so within the millions of viewers, many will run out and pay $1,200 for a set of irons that's no different than those made 20 years ago.

For driver head can you add ----Ashton series MS5
For fairways can you add-------- Titleist 970 series.
For stand bags can you add----- Sun Mountain H2O series
For grips can you add------------ Star grips.
Kind regards Steven

Ahhhh!!! , just read other posts on this survey , did not appreciate that this was for '09 only gear , will now enter survey based on my '09 experiences--------not much there though !!

3 things.

#1.
Not sure if you consider it a 2009 shaft but I play the Aldila R.I.P in my driver and my fw's and love it to death , it put a real 15 yards on my drives, no exaggeration, it really changed my game. I do have to say I have been with a new coach since bagging this RIP and he has worked with me on power off the tee so maybe we could give 50% to improvement and the other half to the shaft . I was using the voodoo before the R.I.P and this also has a great feel and accuracy. Since so many people are already playing it maybe you could add it? I just hate to leave out such a great shaft. Also do we give Nike a Nod for giving some of us a Limited release Method Putter? I did.

#2.
One other thing is I cant believe how high Mizuno scored in everything? Are they really that great of a iron? I have never even given Mizuno a second thought and I have been playing golf for 20 years and I am a real club ho but I always thought they were comparable to a company like a Hippo Golf or something. I always figured they paid Golf Digest to put them on there gold list because that list did not have the Nike Vr line up on it last year and the Vr blades are probably one of the best golf clubs ever made for the game of golf. How is Mizunos forging? Muira , for there tour issue blades?

#3.
I have been playing the Penta TP ball for a month or 2 now and I have to say it is better than the Prov1x I was playing by a long ways. I hope Titleist comes out with there answer to the Penta TP soon. To new to add to the list?

[quote name='easyyy' post='2056199' date='Nov 11 2009, 03:50 AM'][center][size=6][color="#8b0000"]2009 GolfWRX Community Choice Awards[/color][/size]

[/center][center][size=4][color="#696969"]Gold and Silver awards for the top of their Class[/color][/size]
[/center]

Thanks for taking the time. We will keep this poll open for a month or so and then tally the votes to determine the Best of the Best for 2009. If you don't see your favorite please post it and we will add it to the list. We will not accommodate all requests if we feel there could only be a small vote.

Have fun and thanks again for taking the time to voice your opinions.

BTW... You have to click an opinion in each category to allow the poll to process. You can vote for more than one per category also!!!

:)[/quote]
You have not listed Harrison shafts is there any reason for this?

Reminder 2009 introduced Model year and please specify products and categories. Asking for Companies doesn't work.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Please add the Nickent 4DX line for drivers, and Macgregor Pro-C and Pro-M for irons.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid