Top Posters In This Topic

T -DUbs for sure

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Not even a question for me. Tiger, hands down. Its not often, as an avid follower of any given sport, that you find yourself watching history in the process of being re-written.

And let's make no mistake, that is what is happening with Tiger Woods. And, barring injury, I don't really see anything stopping him from achieving history, and breaking all records on the way.

The guy is a legend on the golf course. Everything else is, quite frankly, a media-hyped side-show.

He is a pleasure to watch and, whether he is 1st or last (which doesn't really happen!!), you know the guy will be giving 100% on every single shot. He set out with the aim of being the best ever, and I'd say he'll become that.

Here's to a fantastic 2010 for TW, and hopefully he and his family will have rectified all the private issues by then, so all his attention can return to doing what he does better than just about anyone in the history of the game - winning golf tournaments

EDIT: Though, I should add, I do love it when a young up-and-coming comes to the fore, and pulls a 1st win out the bag, and it's always more impressive when Tiger is in the3 field!! Plus, as a side point, I can't wait to see how young Rory does in the States.

All in all, 2010 should be a great year (but I digress!!!!)

I will pull for Tiger some and other players I really like also as I always have.
I have lost a ton of respect for Tiger as all decent people have. He has caused pain and humiliation to himself and his family. People that think what he did was cool or ok have no respect for him or his family much less themselves. I really hope Tiger can get it back together and be the person he has pretended to be. It certainly won't happen overnight but I think he can do it. This whole thing may have broken his back for chasing golfing records but they are nothing compared to family, dignity and respect. I wish him good luck in his personal life and his journey to make it better.

:cheesy:

Priceless...

A bit disappointed on Tiger, but u know what, at least he has made it interesting for the upcoming season... I mean he was just so boring in terms of his squeaky clean image (which, of course, it's GONE!). Now there's something OTHER than golf hanging on him.

So, now I won't be rooting as much on him as I used to...

[quote name='Freedom' post='2100985' date='Dec 3 2009, 02:17 PM']Tiger!

I lied to my wife the other day when I told her I was at the cash register when I was actually still shopping for her Christmas gift.
I can relate to Tiger now. Oh the guilt...[/quote]

[quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2100675' date='Dec 3 2009, 01:29 PM']Nothing changes for me......I never root for him. ;)[/quote]

+1

Did not before the cheating and certainly never now.
Jesper this year..if he gets his card

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

[quote name='TOUCH' post='2102703' date='Dec 4 2009, 10:16 AM'][quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2100675' date='Dec 3 2009, 01:29 PM']Nothing changes for me......I never root for him. ;)[/quote]

+1

Did not before the cheating and certainly never now.
Jesper this year..if he gets his card
[/quote]

Would be great to see Tiger and Parnevik play together.....My money is on Tiger to cane him

Had Tiger come clean with the whole episode in a timely manner, then I could root for him. Even John Edwards admitted in a face to face press conference to cheating on his wife while she was dealing with metasticized breast cancer. That's a million times worse in my opinion than what Woods did.

Not talking to police? Come on. He is arrogant and he has no class. He is a sneaky spoiled kid. That's how I look at him. How do you root for that?

I always pulled for him, even in battles with Phil. But not now. I will just watch and admire his talent; you can't help that. He will probably break Jack's record and be the record holder in every major category. There are things about him I don't like as a person.

I am not talking about maintaining privacy with family business. But, when you crash a car into public property or into your neighbors property, then some of your right to privacy is gone. If he never won again it wouldn't bother me one bit.

He's spending too much time with AK, lol

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Ill continue to pull for Tiger as a golfer. As far as my kids for a role model I dont think so. Maybe if he had a sense of morals and well being it would be different. How many athletes think that people owe them something? Just because you dont want to be a role model for children doesnt mean you arent. When youre in the position he is in you have to think about your fans as well. I know one thing we wont be carrying any Tiger Woods apparel this year. Its 70 percent off right now! Makes you sit down and wonder what kind of vows they had at their wedding? I know what mine are and I would never think of doing that to my wife nor would the people I choose to relate with. The records will fall. Its only a matter of time. If only DD would come back to the top! Would it be too much to ask for for Tiger to apologize to his fan base as well? The announcers yesterday were still talking about AKs work off the course?! Are you kidding me?! So he goes and gets hammered hes young and not wed as well, Id still rather have my children modeling him then Tiger. Let the beatings begin, tell me how the rest feel?

[quote name='Huskypride28' post='2102326' date='Dec 3 2009, 10:22 PM']Tiger. Simply put I wanna see him break Jack's record.[/quote]

Not to influence your decision, but I'd certainly like to see Jack keep his record against someone who has a problem with infidelity.

...not that tiger can't change his ways. But for the record I'd like to see Jack keep it.

(When you have a daughter you think differently :) )

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='station2station' post='2102801' date='Dec 4 2009, 09:26 AM'][quote name='Huskypride28' post='2102326' date='Dec 3 2009, 10:22 PM']Tiger. Simply put I wanna see him break Jack's record.[/quote]

Not to influence your decision, but I'd certainly like to see Jack keep his record against someone who has a problem with infidelity.

...not that tiger can't change his ways. But for the record I'd like to see Jack keep it.

(probably won't happen)
[/quote]

I can understand your point as I've also wondered if he "deserves" that honor...but ultimately in my mind, I think that honor should be award based on the skill in the sport.

I don't think I've ever hear of Jack having "transgressions", but there are a lot of things I don't know and may never know about the personal lives of others (thankfully).

I want Jack to keep the record because I want Jack to keep the record, not that I think it will happen.

For me Tigers on course behavior is deplorable and I have never been a fan.

As far as him cheating on his wife I do not condon it but I am not righteous enough to judge him for it, as if he would care anyway. I am also willing to bet that he is not the only guy on tour doing it. What, do we think Kobe was the first NBA player to have a one night stand with a cocktail waitress????

I am rooting for exciting tournaments with exciting finishes and dont really care what the names are on the leaderboards, Els winning a major? that would be cool. Another Rich Beem at the PGA, great stuff, etc..........if tiger goes for the tiger slam I am sure I will be watching..........and rooting for the field.

I will be pulling for Tiger to clean up his act, stand tall, prove he can be the man he should be, and make a great comeback next year.

Can you be voted "Comeback Player of the Year" if you won 5 times the previous year? If Tiger some how wins 5 times and a major, he would get my vote.

It will be a rough start at his first tournament.