Tiger or the field

gvogel

[quote name='Tenementrock' post='2103393' date='Dec 4 2009, 02:40 PM'][quote name='bscinstnct' post='2103192' date='Dec 4 2009, 02:12 PM']I voted already but c'mon people.

There are like how many users of this forum?

Vote, be heard!

We should get thousands of votes in this poll![/quote]

Well as of now it's a pretty even split, Tiger supporters by a hair. Disappointing to the angry mob, but this is probably about the same as pre-scandal. Meaning that eventually life will go on much as before.
[/quote]

I'd really like to see at least a 1000 vote sample.

Given the make up of this forum, I would think the results would be interesting to Tiger, his sponsors, the networks and
the golf world in general.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='imsocrabby' post='2101605' date='Dec 3 2009, 07:48 PM']the field. always and forever. through sickness and in health.

but it was like that before. i'm old school.[/quote]

Me too... a match made in Heaven :man_in_love:

UNLESS OF COURSE it is international play! Then I have to go with the USA

In particular PHIL + PADDY and oh yes... do I dare say it??? Jesper! lol

I'll pull for TW just like before this ordeal. I rooted for Tiger the golfer. You all need to get a grip. We don't know these guys as people, we know them as golfers. If you think you really know TW, Phil, Boo, Paddy or any of them based on some interview or the way they act in front of a camera. You're only fooling yourself. Think what you will about TW, I very seriously doubt he's the worst person on tour.

Nike
Nike
&
More Nike

I've always rooted for tiger, He is the best golfer that we will ever see. I like people that walk the talk. On the golf course, he more than walks the talk. Off of it, he does not. You can't present yourself as the ideal family man and ask me to eat what you eat, drive what you drive, wear what you wear, and drink what you drink when you have materially misrepresented yourself. Your image is false! You are definitely not a role model and I would never want to be like you. That being the case, I can't root for the guy any longer. My biggest problem with what he did is not from a moral perspective, eventhough it was morally wrong. My problem is from a decision making standpoint. I just can't root for someone that is that stupid!

[quote name='victor2000' post='2103285' date='Dec 4 2009, 01:56 PM']I will be pulling for Tiger to clean up his act, stand tall, prove he can be the man he should be, and make a great comeback next year.

Can you be voted "Comeback Player of the Year" if you won 5 times the previous year? If Tiger some how wins 5 times and a major, he would get my vote.

It will be a rough start at his first tournament.[/quote]

Maybe " Comeback Person of the year "

[quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2100675' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:29 PM']Nothing changes for me......I never root for him. ;)[/quote]

You took the words right out of my mouth.I hope either Phil or Paddy has a great year.

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

I love watching great golf, and nobody has ever done it better than Tiger IMO. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch him over the years. That said, I always though he was a cry-bay wanker, and now he got caught with his um...pants down. I'll take the field, thanks. I'm sure I'll still be "wowed" by his golf, but I hope someone else takes his spot as the #1. Phil? Sergio? Rory?

I'll be pulling for the field. I don't like to see one guy dominate, don't think its good for the game. I always root for the underdogs, and Tiger will still be "the man" on the golf course...even if he happens to be a moral loser off the course.

Back in the day, I pulled for the field instead of Jack. Didn't start pulling for Jack until he was much older and no longer "the man" to beat.

Titleist TSi3 10 Evenflow Riptide MX 60 6.0
Titleist TSi2 15 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
Titleist TS2 19 Tensei CK Blue 70 S
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P Modus3 Tour 105 S
Callaway Jaws 50, 54, 58 DG Tour 115
Odyssey 2-ball ten tour lined, Toulon Las Vegas

While I have always admired what Tiger does on the course, I have always wished for a "Lee Trevino" or "Tom Watson" to come along and challenge him on a consistent basis, it just makes for more entertaining golf. That being said Tiger will take on the role of a villian now with a lot of people, including me. Go Phil! Go Rickie! Go AK! Somehow I think if Tiger becomes more human on the course it will help him regain some respect and he will gain a little sympathy with some. If he comes out and dominates this next year it will make him seem even more cold and calculated. JMO

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I'll pull for Tiger if he's the only American standing. Otherwise, as usual, it's either Phil, ZJ, or Stewart Cink. Never was much of a Tiger fan after seeing him a few times at Firestone and his BS attitude toward the fans.

TSr 2, 11 driver, Tensei Blue, 55r

TSi 2, 16.5 fairway wood, Tensei Blue, 65r

Aerojet, 21 fairway wood, Kai’li Blue, 65r
Qi10 22 hybrid, Ventus Blue, 65r
AP3, 5-48* - Steelfiber i95 r
Vokey SM9 - 52, 56, KBS Tour lite
Evnroll ER2,  33"

[quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2105616' date='Dec 5 2009, 02:59 PM']^^^Sheesh dude. What is your interest in the total tally? You get a buck a vote or something? Why not grease a mod to let you vote as many times as you wish....get that 'Tiger' vote up where you wanna see it?[/quote]

+1 on 'sheesh'

:rolleyes:

I just want to see 1000 votes and am curious about how it goes.

Did you vote?

I'm done with Tiger. He's going to have to pay me $1 million to stay a fan, lol.

I think Paddy will become my favorite, as I've always liked him, but I think Lefty is a worthy#1 too.

What a contrast between Lefty and Tiger's personal stories this year. Take a minute and think what Phil's family has been forced to confront this year, and then compare that to what Tiger has inflicted on his family. I think Phil gets up every day and is thankful that his family is healthy, and "we'll take it from there" type of attitude. Very commendable. Tiger might be the better golfer, but I always thought he was kind of aloof, IMHO.

Honestly, I would not be a bit surprised nor upset if the fans treat Tiger like they do baseball steroid cheaters.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

Generally, it used to be the field, with two exceptions. When the only other player in contention was Rory Sabbatini or Woody Austin, I used to find myself rooting for TW, at least a little bit.
That won't happen anymore. It will be everybody else, always.
We all should have known, when he treated a boulder as a loose impedement. Makes you wonder about other stuff as well.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

[quote name='stekoppite' post='2101596' date='Dec 3 2009, 07:45 PM']Not even a question for me. Tiger, hands down. Its not often, as an avid follower of any given sport, that you find yourself watching history in the process of being re-written.

And let's make no mistake, that is what is happening with Tiger Woods. And, barring injury, I don't really see anything stopping him from achieving history, and breaking all records on the way.

The guy is a legend on the golf course. Everything else is, quite frankly, a media-hyped side-show.

He is a pleasure to watch and, whether he is 1st or last (which doesn't really happen!!), you know the guy will be giving 100% on every single shot. He set out with the aim of being the best ever, and I'd say he'll become that.

Here's to a fantastic 2010 for TW, and hopefully he and his family will have rectified all the private issues by then, so all his attention can return to doing what he does better than just about anyone in the history of the game - winning golf tournaments

EDIT: Though, I should add, I do love it when a young up-and-coming comes to the fore, and pulls a 1st win out the bag, and it's always more impressive when Tiger is in the3 field!! Plus, as a side point, I can't wait to see how young Rory does in the States.

All in all, 2010 should be a great year (but I digress!!!!)[/quote]

+1 i've only ever judged him (positively) for his golf... so nothing has changed...

Saying someone isn't a true golf fan because they don't want to acknowledge the accomplishments of a person they don't like is crazy. Some people call Tiger the best golfer of all time and don't acknowledge Jack's 18 majors. Who gives a crap? I can scream whatever I want at my TV when I see Tiger on in the future. If I'm not allowed to think for myself and have an opinion, I don't want to be a "true" golf fan. Ridiculous.

Driver: Honma TW747 10.5*

Fairways: Honma TW747 15* / 18*
Hybrids: Honma TW747 22* / 25*
Irons: Honma TW-X 6-11

Wedges: Honma TW-W4 54* / 58*
Putter: TaylorMade TP Collection Juno (33”)

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft (2020)

WoW

All that work to change his swing so Tigar his knee's would hold up...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I guess it depends if his knee holds up.. if its bothering him that brings the field closer..

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x