2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Graphite Design Pershing

Designed to match the swing profiles of a variety of players, four Pershing models (45, 55, 65, and 75) are offered in weights ranging from an ultra-light 45 grams up to 79 grams. All models feature a high balance point for superb feel from hands through clubhead. The Pershing line provides a perfect match for today's largest clubheads, but the wide variety of shaft weights and two available tip diameters make it suitable for any size driver or fairway wood. With the combinations of low-to-mid kick points and torque ranging from 3.0 to 6.0, there is a Pershing shaft available for a variety of players that will optimize proper launch angles and spin characteristics.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just popped a GD Pershing 65 Stiff in my Titleist 905R 9.5 head. Inserted it 1.75" with no tipping, and it flexed out 2cpms shy of a Rifle 6.0 equivalent. Perfect for my 98mph smooth tempo swing.

I like the like high balance point and softer tip. It allows me to square up a larger headed driver with ease. Shaft loads well, and is very smooth with good dispersion.

I would compare this shaft to the following:

Accra T60

Diamana Red

I don't think you can beat this shaft for the money. Purchased from Golfworks for $86. If you don't do your own club work, I am positive Joe Kwok or others can install with ease to your specs.

LB

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
PXG Black Ops 4W, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT95

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Vokey- 54/12A, 58LBK
LAB Golf DF3
Titleist Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

:blink: How much does the Accra and Diamana shafts cost? It seems the Pershing is a killer shaft, but few people know about it. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it. I've heard the Pershing is perfect for guys that love the feel of the YS, but get a little less spin with the same launch. I hit a 75S in a TM R7 460 and it was awesome, (and I don't really care for 460CC heads!) ;)

This is an outstanding shaft. Incredible trajectory and flies forever. Very smooth and it loads up even with a moderate swing quite nicely.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone has said, great shaft regardless of price!!!! my driver confidence has increase 100 fold due to this combo (Srixon W-403AD and PERSHING 65 STIFF) with added accuracy and slight increase in distance.Anti-hook sensation and a really good mid-high, non-balloning flight. I haven't felt this good and confident with a driver since 2003(TM 510 330cc w/Rayon technology) in fact this shaft has the same lively,stable feel of that Pre-Diamana Mitsubishi Rayon.

This shaft however wants to be loaded for me with a longer swing rather than a compact,tight action

• 1 month later...

The Pershing 65 Stiff is a very smooth stick -- We followed the instructions in the installation - tipped 1 inch -- But I can't handle the shaft - it needs someone to load it up -- I load it light to medium and tempo is smooth. (me -- 98 SS)

I should have gone to the Pershing 55 and tipped it less than spec. That would have worked for me.

It was the same with the Pershing 75 Stiff -- too much shaft -- I had a Div 1 Player hit the club with this shaft and he loved it with his 105 SS.

Once again - I should have played a 65g in a 3 wood and tipped it less.

Since then I've gone to a Accra T60 in a 3 wood and T70 in 5 wood -- M3 tipped to a firm -- much easier to load, launch and get in the air -- the clubs are working for me instead of the other way around.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Shaft just works for me: 107ss, it's like the Tour AD line, but cheaper

Well said, Graphite Design has dominated Japan for the past 5 years, FUJI and MRC are even close on tour. There's been some guys on the PGA tour testing the new TOUR AD Quattrotech. Probably a softer tip shaft, but guys are putting less loft on the drivers and going with this Quattrotech.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, since my driver ss is low 90's, other than my usually very quick transition I have no idea why it works for me, but I have a Pershing 75 stiff in my 9.5 FT-5 and it works very well. I can't turn it over, so I'm playing straight or a fade, but I am getting fine distance and great control. It allows me to really go at the ball when I feel I need to, without worrying about going left. It doesn't feel too stiff to me, actually very smooth feel to it.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

• 3 months later...

How does this shaft compare to the GD YS6+?

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 4 weeks later...

The Pershing Series is different than YS-6+ in that each flex has unique launch. I.E. All the regular flexes are MID/HIGH, the Stiff Flex is MID and the X FLex LOW/MID.

The YS+ shafts all have the same launch regardless of flex. Also, the YS-5+ and YS-7+ are not heavier or lighter versions of the YS-6+. Each weight class has a different bend profile. The Pershing family has the same bend profile per flex

The Pershing is a true family, meaning the 55, 65, and 75 all have the same CPM and Tip stiffness per flex. What changes is the torque as a function of the weight. Lighter weight, higher torque.

Overall stiffness is about 3/4 flex firmer. So a YS6+ stiff user would consider the Pershing 65 in R flex. Pershing shafts have a higher balance point and weigh about 5 grams more per shaft. Basically, a better performer for the high MOI clubheads. It supports a stronger load than YS and produces lower spin rates.

Keep rippin' it!

The D.A.

• 1 month later...

I love this shaft I jujst signed my cobra contract 2 days ago so i ordered this shaft in my l4vx...i hit a few balls on our trackman it was a pershing 65 s-flex in a 907 d2 every shot was around 11-13* of launch and 2,200 -2,500. it feels like it loads well and the shot dispersion was awesome...cant wait to get my new clubs in the mail...by the way i went with the new cobra pro cb it has the same exact head as the 695cb the only difference is slight (barely even noticable) less offset than the 695's.

• 1 month later...

I ordered the Pershing 65S in my Sumo2 Tour because I keep hearing such positive reviews. Really looking forward to hitting this combo.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Lots of great reviews on the Pershing and it has my interest for a new shaft combo in my next driver, but I really want to hit it first. I believe that Callaway has the 65s in their fitting cart. Trying to find something that feels smooth in between a Diamana BB 63 and 73. Just want to hit it a little before I pull the trigger.

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

I have heard people say the Pershing plays like the Blueboard. And they have also said its a cheaper alternative and plays very similar for a much cheaper price. Is that true? I have never played this shift but I want something that was a mid launch and had great feel.

Not true.

The Blueboard is easier to play.

The Pershing likes to be loaded -- hitters or quick tempos will like these. Yes, it is smooth. But did not work for me. I would have to go down a flex to R (100SS, smooth tempo)

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I have heard people say the Pershing plays like the Blueboard. And they have also said its a cheaper alternative and plays very similar for a much cheaper price. Is that true? I have never played this shift but I want something that was a mid launch and had great feel.

Not true.

The Pershing likes to be loaded -- hitters or quick tempos will like these. Yes, it is smooth. But did not work for me. I would have to go down a flex to R (100SS, smooth tempo)

The Pershing will load up with even a moderate swing. It's considered a low/mid kick shaft that snaps back exactly when it's supposed to. Nice high flight that will definately bring up the ball.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Not true.

The Pershing will load up with even a moderate swing. It's considered a low/mid kick shaft that snaps back exactly when it's supposed to. Nice high flight that will definately bring up the ball.

The Blueboard is an easier, more lively shaft to load than the Pershing from my experience (and from what I've read in other posts). One might need to tip the Pershing less or go to a lighter weight or flex if you don't load the shaft well. If one can load a shaft moderately, I'm sure you can get more out of it. But I load the shaft lightly (or did when I owned the Pershings).

Like anything else, it's different strokes for different folks. The Pershing didn't work well for me -- the Blueboard in the same weight, tipping and flex does work.

And in the interest of disclosure, I was using a 350 tip in the Pershing. A 335 tip Pershing is livelier shaft than its 350 tip brother. I had a 335 tip in Pershing 75 Stiff that was tipped less than spec and it did work better than the 350 tip. But still, I did not get the most out of that shaft -- I should have left the OEM shaft in that Adams Tour Proto 4 wood -- I might still be hitting it.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I just ordered a custom fit KZG Q driver today with the Pershing, it was awesome...it got me much better numbers than the YS6+ in my current driver.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I really like this shaft. I have a 75X (tipped 1"according to GD) in a Nike Sumo2 5900 and it performs very well. My SS is 110 - 113. Mid launch and lowish spin. I have no problem loading this shaft, but even with that it has a stout feel to it. Not as smooth as a Blueboard, but the performance for me is similar, and for a lot less $$$.

Dispersion is very tight with this combo. I have a Sumo 5000 on the way and I have another 75X ready to be installed when that gets here. I'll be giving the 5900 and 5000 a shootout soon, both with the Pershing 75X.

• 1 month later...

Just put Pershing 65S in my G10, and this shaft rocks. Low/mid trajectory that pierces the sky with a purpose. Not one of those high launching shafts where the ball drops from the sky like a rock, short of your aiming area.

Most of the above posts commenting on the shaft characteristics are accurate.

It does love to be loaded, and it does snap back when it's supposed to. It just has such a greater feel to hit than the other stock offerings that were offered with the G10.

Im debating of buying another shaft to put into an FT-5, I have. Its either that or buying an I-Mix head, with the Pershing shaft I-Mix combo.

Has anyone tried a Pershing in a fairway wood? I'm using a 65S in my driver and love it. My Callaway 08 Fusion 5 wood came with a Fuji Fit On 160, which is a bit light and launches way too high with significant ballooning. I was thinking about putting the 65S in the 5 wood with appropriate tipping. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 4 months later...

For those of you with the 2007 Burner or Burner TP with 50g reax and like the feel but dont like the higher ball flight and little roll. THE GD Pershing 55-S is a great replacement that remains soft and light enough to feel similar to the stock shaft but a tad stouter for a more piercing ball flight into the wind and more roll.

Also curious to see if Pershing 65 would be a good fit for my Taylor Made Burner 3 wood

Taylormade M2 - 9.5*
Taylormade M4 - 16.5*
Callaway Steelhead III 21*
Callaway Apex Tour 4-A wedge 
Callaway Mack Daddy 56 & 60
Mcgregor Bobby Grace M5K (lh)

• 2 weeks later...

went and got fit at vons golf yesterday, great work done there, my current driver is a cobra xspeed pro s 9.5 with the stock fuji speeder pro shaft with Sflex, anyway the first shaft that was a pretty close fit for me was the quattro tech 85x and i hit that pretty well but the trackman still showed that i was missing left, something that i wanted to eliminate because my worst miss is the quick hook, then he set me up with a pershing 75x (both were aligned, and played 45" and frequencied at 264, both about 80 grams heavy also) the pershing felt a little livelier due to a diff kick point and actually allowed me to load it properly and i picked up 3 mph with my swing speed and 9 mph of ball speed over my cobra (for fitting purposes this was shafted in an alpha version 5, 9.5* great clubhead but when i actually get this setup i will have it installed in the cobra) with my driver my launch was about 8.8* with 3170 or so spin, less than ideal numbers by any standards, and my best drive went a simulated 267 total. With the new setup however i lauched it at between 9.1 and 10.8 avg around 9.8, spinrate: 2150 which is much better, and the best drive of that session went 294, also, my misses started right with a small draw, or just a straight push. Taking it out on the course later today for a test drive, but you cant argue with the numbers when it says you gained 30 accurate yards in a half hour fitting session.