Gauge Design Blades & Milled Wedges - forged by Kyeoi

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look like a ball strikers club head, nice... iteach..no, it's not just you. They appear wider then I like, and after seeing their website a bit disappointed. They show no club specs on either irons or wedges; and appear over priced for an unknown name IMO.

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' post='2115884' date='Dec 10 2009, 10:09 AM']They look like a ball strikers club head, nice... iteach..no, it's not just you. They appear wider then I like, and after seeing their website a bit disappointed. They show no club specs on either irons or wedges; and appear over priced for an unknown name IMO.[/quote]

not sure i would call Gauge Design and unknown name, but they are too much club for me, price wise as well.

I consider myself rather knowledgeable as I've been involved in the golf world for over twenty years, aside from golfing. Only heard his company name mentioned a few times so to me that's unknown. Something tells me it won't survive our economy, hope I am wrong.

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' post='2116020' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:13 AM']I consider myself rather knowledgeable as I've been involved in the golf world for over twenty years, aside from golfing. Only heard his company name mentioned a few times so to me that's unknown. Something tells me it won't survive our economy, hope I am wrong.[/quote]

[size=3]I am sure you are very knowledgeable and maybe I should have stated the name Gauge design is not unknown to me, rather than in general, please forgive me. But i know the company has been around for at least 5 years, and I think they speak of a 10[sup]th[/sup] anniversary on a few of their lines, but all I know is I have see their offerings for at least 5 years and many have pursues them. I have seen them talked about most on the TSG message boards, and seen many rave about them equipment.[/size]

[quote name='Golfdawg' post='2116047' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:25 AM'][quote name='Pepperturbo' post='2116020' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:13 AM']I consider myself rather knowledgeable as I've been involved in the golf world for over twenty years, aside from golfing. Only heard his company name mentioned a few times so to me that's unknown. Something tells me it won't survive our economy, hope I am wrong.[/quote]

[size=3]I am sure you are very knowledgeable and maybe I should have stated the name Gauge design is not unknown to me, rather than in general, please forgive me. But i know the company has been around for at least 5 years, and I think they speak of a 10[sup]th[/sup] anniversary on a few of their lines, but all I know is I have see their offerings for at least 5 years and many have pursues them. I have seen them talked about most on the TSG message boards, and seen many rave about them equipment.[/size]

[/quote]

Gauge Design has been in business for 10 years and their main business is milled putters made in limited runs... they are now doing some limited runs in milled wedges and some irons on a very limited (100 set) runs. Very high quality and in limited quantities. The comany is very sound financially so they will be around for their niche market. Some of their putters have been on the Golf Digest Hot list over the past couple years....
You can do a search for more info on the company.

[quote name='Golfdawg' post='2115874' date='Dec 10 2009, 08:02 AM'][quote name='idrive' post='2115492' date='Dec 10 2009, 12:54 AM']Kyeoi forges a great Golf club. You can tell, those are just screaming quality.[/quote]

you would know, think you have some of the nicer sets i have seen, mainly when i was over on the TSG boards.
[/quote]

Thanks

[quote name='Golfdawg' post='2116164' date='Dec 10 2009, 12:16 PM'][size=3]Here is a cavity design that was very sought after a few years ago.[/size][/quote]

golfdawg,

How much offset do the CB have?

Wk

Mizuno STz Ventus Black60s Ordered
Mizuno 3Wood STz Ventus Black 70s Ordered
Mizuno 5Wood STz Ventus Black 70s Ordered
Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW Aerotech i95s Ordered
Mizuno T20 Wedge 50*, 54*, 58* Aeritech i110s Ordered 
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

[quote name='youngwaldo' post='2118128' date='Dec 11 2009, 10:01 AM'][quote name='Golfdawg' post='2116164' date='Dec 10 2009, 12:16 PM'][size=3]Here is a cavity design that was very sought after a few years ago.[/size][/quote]

golfdawg,

How much offset do the CB have?

Wk
[/quote]

wish those where mine so i could tell you first hand, but i don't know. Would have to go on Tour spec golf,a nd ask some on there, or even idrive on here would maybe know

New Gauge Design Blades (By David Whitlam)

Forged by Kyeoi

with the new conforming grooves.

-Fantastic sole grind to prevent digging (similar to scratch D/S grind)

-strong lofts for boring trajectory

-forged from 1018

-only 100 sets made

Let me know what you guys think of these.....

P1020637.jpg

P1020642.jpg

P1020643.jpg

P1020644.jpg

P1020645.jpg

P1040334.jpg

P1040335.jpg

P1040336.jpg

P1040337.jpg

Actually, the steel that these irons are made from, is S25C, which is softer than 1018. Got that from Dave Whitlam himself.

i have the gas-sqbt wedges ... sick. unfortunately i have worn some of the face off. these things are brutal on balls. the poor pro v1s are scuffed such that you can see the brown bits after 2 hits.

i have to say that whilst i like their wedges (i can't imagine they are conforming), i do not like their irons. the really clean, classic look of the titleist blades are still the clubs for me (681, 670, 690).

• 3 weeks later...