2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

OFFICIAL MIZUNO PICS - MP-630 Fast Track

MP-630, MP Titanium, MP CLK
The Official Pics from Mizuno - here's what their press release says:

Surfacing first on Japanese websites back in July 09 the introduction of the new HOT METAL MP-630 Driver, fairway and hybrid has been a tantalizing affair. Now with prototypes tweaked and a second version of the driver added to the line, the finished MP Series will be unveiled at the Orlando PGA Golf show in January.

The range is the first to headline Mizuno’s Japan domestic and US / Western MP wood line at the same time. Focusing its R&D efforts into a single international line has enabled the company to launch its most uncompromising line of MP woods, in an aim to elevate its status on tour worldwide.

The line is led by the stunning MP-630 FAST TRACK driver. This evolved version of Mizuno’s FAST TRACK’s moveable weight system boasts 45 different trajectory settings. Working in conjunction with Mizuno’s HOT METAL face, the new generation FAST TRACK can be used to optimize spin rates for vast distance gains. There is also a stripped back version of the MP-630 minus the FAST TRACK system. With the same ‘tour-ready’ 445cc profile and slightly open face, the MP-630 has internal weighting set to replicate the FAST TRACK’s neutral position.

The sleek, ‘tour ready’ appearance extends into the compact MP Titanium fairway woods. Elegant in profile, the MP Titanium’s best trick is to create the illusion of being purely a shot shapers design. However, a HOT METAL Beta Ti face hidden within its 5 piece construction gives the MP Titanium an unexpected sizzle on impact.

Finally a gem of a hybrid, for strong ball strikers put off by the ‘hook machine’ status of its competitors. More compact, with a ‘tour-ready’ square face and low profile the MP CLK offers something a little different for its category – forgiveness, without a complete loss of workability.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This too is yet another stellar line-up for 2010. The stock 'Made for Mizuno' Fubuki is nice feature. Extremely solid with great ball flights. My only complaint was the look of the hybrid...what happened to the solid color crown like the previous model?

Ping G425 LST w/ GD Tour AD DI 7

TaylorMade Sim 2 Ti w/ Kuro Kage 70

Ping G425 4H w/ GD Tour AD DI 85

Titleist 718 T-MB 4i w/ GD Tour AD DI 85

TaylorMade P790 5-PW w/ MMT 125

Ping i210 UW

Ping Glide 4 Stealth 54/58

Ping PLD Olso 3

That driver looks dead shut from that angle. Hopefully that's not actually how it'll sit at address cause it looks great otherwise.

Ping g430 LST 9* - HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 65g
Ping g430 LST 14.5* - Project X Smoke Black 70x
Ping g430 17* - Project X Smoke Black 6.5 or TM P70UDI 2 with same shaft
Ping i59 4-PW - DG AMT White X100
Callaway Jaws Raw Black 50*, 54*, 60*- DG TI S400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini w/ Stability Tour
Taylor Made TP5 PIX

Please, please let this be available for lefties.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

What is the standard shaft length on the driver? I find it hard to believe that the MP line would have a closed face when the MX line sits pretty close to square. I'm one of very few who actually like Mizzy drivers and I'm trying to get something to kick the MP-001 out of the bag...the MP 630 might just do it. Hopefully it's not 46" long.

looks like Mizuno is on the right track with their wood line. I always thought the MP-600 was one of the most underrated drivers on the market.

Qi10 9* w/Ventus TR Blue 6TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSR3 18* w/Ventus TR Blue 8X

P770 4-PW w/DG X100

Mg4 50*, 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider X Tour X1
Maxfli Tour S

Looks sweet.... I'm gonna assume that the one pic is just a weird angle and that it sits square.... Hopefully they've been able to merge the distance of the MX line with the great look and accuracy from the 600. I've been playing more with the 600 lately as the accuracy is just so much more worth it than a few yards, but both would be nice.

The woods look tasty! Great size, and hopefully great feel with Hot Metal. The 600 was a solid club, but maybe not quite equal with the longest clubs out there.
The hybrid doesn't look quite right.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Really diggin' the look of the 630 without the Fast Track.

Almost like the MP Craft S1 from Japan...wish that club was available here.

...and the 630 sits square to 1* open...the picture makes it look closed, but it is most definitely not.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Vokey SM10 54M 58D
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Driver looks great. I love my MP-600 : Very accurate and sneaky long.

Also like the idea of the no fast track option as all I've used my wrench for is to tighten the nuts really strong on the standard setting !!

Any idea what upgrade shafts might be offered ? Fubuki 73 would be nice or even a Kai'li

Ping G425 LST 10.5* Tour 65 S
Ping G425 Max 14.5* Tour 75 S
Ping G425 Hybrids 19*/22* Tour 85 S
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW DG 120 S400
Mizuno T20 Raw 50,54,58 DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron Phantom x 5 34"

A few more details from the [url="http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/news/index.php?article=2010_01_12_MP_Woods_with_added_heat"]EU site[/url]. No specs on the Fubuki, but it looks like it's "made for Mizuno"; let's hope someone is able to digg up the exact specs, so we can compare it to the "regular" Fubuki Tour (with MDT???):
[b]
MP-630 FAST TRACK: [/b]Slightly open at address, with powerful pear shaped profile and thumping feedback, the MP-630 FAST TRACK inspires imagination from the tee. While designed to suit the eye of stronger players, the shallower design and 445cc size will attract a broad range of abilities. Fiery ball speeds ignited by a HOT METAL Ti9 face are converted into optimized yardage using Mizuno's FAST TRACK adjustable weight tracks. Two 8 gram sliding weights can be quickly re-located in 10 different points, creating a total of 45 finely tuned flight patterns. With weights set closer to the face, spin rates can be reduced for faster ball speeds, with a drop of around 400rpm achievable.
The ingenious system can also be quickly adjusted to create both a draw and fade bias. Weights set towards the toe positions, encourage the clubface to lag for a left to right flight. Conversely, weights moved into the heel allow the clubface to rotate for a right to left shape.
Masao Nagai, Director of R&D, "[i]The original FAST TRACK was primarily designed to impact sidespin and the lateral characteristics of ball flight. However we quickly realized that being able to adjust backspin was just as useful. We focused even more on this aspect with the new FAST TRACK – you can see by the track itself how far forward and back we can take weight from the face. The new system massively increases the potential of the MP-630 to convert extreme ball speeds into even bigger gains in driving distance[/i]."
OPTIONS
• Loft: 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 – Right hand only
• Standard Shaft: MRC Fubuki

[b]MP-630:[/b] Slightly open at address, with powerful pear shaped profile and thumping feedback, the MP-630 inspires imagination from the tee. While designed to suit the eye of stronger players, the shallower design, 445cc size and range of lofts will inspire a broad range of abilities. Sizzling ball speeds are generated by the HOT METAL 6-4Ti face, coupling the MP-630's shot-making prowess with explosive distances. A penetrating flight generated from the MP-630's multi-piece construction and low COG, ensure that the increases in ball speed are efficiently converted into additional yardage. The slightly open face is complemented by a neutral flight bias, giving powerful ball strikers the confidence to release through impact – without a tendency to hook.
Andy Kikidas, Tour Operations Manager, commented "[i]The MP-630 has a spectacular looking profile at address. It's set up just a little open, as better players want to guard against a hook. The spin rates are lower than any model we've worked with before – which means none of the HOT METAL's ball speed is wasted[/i]."
OPTIONS
• Loft: 9.5, 10.5, 12.0 – Right hand only

[b]MP TITANIUM Fairway[/b]: A stunning 'Tour Ready' fairway wood, designed on feedback collected by Mizuno's Tour Workshops and associated Tour Professionals. Compact and slightly open at address, the MP Titanium is best suited to consistent ball strikers, who prefer to work the ball in both directions. However, the MP Titanium's best trick is to create the illusion of being purely a shot shapers design. A HOT METAL Beta Ti face hidden within its 5 piece construction pushes COR to the USGA's maximum legal limit, giving the MP Titanium an unexpected sizzle on impact. An average ball speed increase of 7.3mph and improved average carry of 13.6 yards* over its predecessor suggest that crisp ball strikers will gain in both control and distance.
"[i]To generate the HOT METAL effect in such a small, workable clubhead, we had to switch to a 5 piece construction. Using a Beta Ti HOT METAL face meant that we could generate the fiery ball speeds not normally associated with a fairway wood. Those increased ball speeds, combined with a lower spin rates mean the MP Titanium has tested incredibly well amongst our tour players[/i]." David Llewellyn, R&D.* internal robot tests compared to Mizuno F-60
OPTIONS
• Loft: 13 (3+), 15 (3), 16.5 (4), 18 (5) – Right hand only

[b]MP CLK: [/b]A gem of a hybrid, suited to strong ball strikers looking to replace traditional long irons. Compact, with a 'tour-ready' square face and low profile the MP CLK offers something different in a wood type hybrid – forgiveness, without the loss of workability. A smooth drop down crown and strategic internal weighting place the CLK's sweet spot low on the face, reducing backspin and a ballooning flight. The low, shallow COG enables a variety of shotmaking, without sacrificing the forgiveness expected of a long iron replacement. A HOT METAL 1770 steel face and ultra low sweet spot means versatility is accompanied by an substantial increase in distance and carry (average ball speeds by 1.2 mph and average carry by 4.2 yards*) for stronger players able to benefit from reduced spin rates. *internal robot testing compared to CLK Fli-Hi.
"[i]Our tour players are now very open to the idea of long iron replacements – they just want to avoid anything with a tendency to hook – which most hybrids do. The new MP CLK gives them the forgiveness and carry advantages of a hybrid, but sits better to their eye and gives them the option to work the ball in both directions[/i]." Andy Kikidas, Tour Operations Manager.
OPTIONS
• Loft: 17, 20, 23 – Right hand only

Looks like the "630 series" goes on sale in [url="http://www.mizuno.jp/catalog/category/1290090010/"]Japan[/url] on the 22nd. Only the standard -630 driver is pictured with the Fubuki shaft. Torque looks a bit on the high side to be a true Fubuki Tour. Here is me hoping I'm wrong and they'll update the specs to include a low torque tour version.
Both the EU link (see previous post) and the Japan link give access to more pictures.

I am most excited about the Titanium FW. I wonder if more companys will go this way. I know it was a 2-5 year fad back in the early 90's.

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

[quote name='ChxDigLongBall' date='14 January 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1263507991' post='2181650']
That driver looks dead s*** from that angle. Hopefully that's not actually how it'll sit at address cause it looks great otherwise.
[/quote]

It does look 8* closed in the next to last pic. I think it's just the angle or some lens effect. Im still not sure what the chanel thingie does....

not my cup of tea; do not like the look of it; too long front to back as it looks like its the trend on golf if you look at current driver models

I would prefer the mp 600 instead

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

[quote name='OldSkoolTexan' date='16 January 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1263617209' post='2184395']
[quote name='ChxDigLongBall' date='14 January 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1263507991' post='2181650']
That driver looks dead s*** from that angle. Hopefully that's not actually how it'll sit at address cause it looks great otherwise.
[/quote]

It does look 8* closed in the next to last pic. I think it's just the angle or some lens effect. Im still not sure what the chanel thingie does....
[/quote]
From the pics @ address from the JP site, it seems to me that curve of the toe makes the driver look closed. Even more so than the 600. The 3w looks dead solid perfect however. Maybe a bit on the small side (137cc) but the looks alone make up for that.

I love the fairway, but I will never understand the fast track system, just looks totally unappealing to me,

D - Tour Burner TP 9.5*/Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 63g 

3W - 07 Burner TP TS/Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73g

2h - Razr Tour/Aldila NV Hybrid 85

3h - Diablo Edge Tour/Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 HB

5-7 - P790/KBS C-Taper 120

8-PW - P770/KBS C-Taper 120

50* - Nike Engage 

54* - Nike VR Forged 

60* - Nike VR Forged

P - Nike Method Origin B2-01 Naked