2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylor made R7 460 tp coming to retail!

This came from 2 good sources, the R7 460 tp is on the PGA tours and soon to be retail. Dates are TBD but I am 90% confident that we will be seeing a R7 460 TP in retail soon. As soon as we hear any aditional news we will post. R7 460 tp square face has a .335 hosel. I have a tour version of the 460 tp coming soon, so I will post pics.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it just seems like the next logical step for tm to realease this club

Its only logical if the 425 TP is flying off the racks. My impression is that the market for $800 is very small and that TM might not want to clog the shelves with more clubs that will only be gawked at by the average customer.

I am sure they have all the numbers and will make the correct choice.

You can bypass paying 800 bux for a TP by going on ebay and finding a TP head only, and saving yourself the trouble of ripping out whatever garbage OEM shaft plastered with ROMBAX, or Diamana, or Speeder on it, and buying the real deal version of the shaft.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

just want to add my 2 cents. just got my hands on a 425TP, pulled the REAX ROMBAX and put in the non OEM ROMBAX. here is my resoning: 1. I didn't pay for the club, got it from a friend. 2. if you go onto the Fujikura sight you can plainly see that the specs between the REAX ROMBAX and the ROMBAX are different. so I only paid for the shaft. I played it this weekend for the first time and was fairly impressed. solid feel, smoothe, good clean setup, similar distance if not a bit longer. I loved my r7 with the Blue, but figured I had to try the latest and greatest. It will take some time to get used to and if I don't like it I figure that someone will be more than happy to take it off of my hands. I did find the sound to be a bit more like the 500 series more than the r7's.

I talked to a person at TM and they said they have no intention to release the satin TP wedges. It's unfortunate, because I would really like them also. Who knows, if they wanted they could be on the shelves in a week. The tours always hog the good clubs!

they are saying that so you will buy the blacks.. they said the same think about the 460 and the TP wedges..

This is the one I'm looking forward to, the 425 doesn't do it for me. Do you think it might make it to retail this season or is this the big deal for early 07"? Taylormade will put another exotic model shaft in it, what do you think it will be? This model should be the every man's TP...

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

That is going to be a tough move in my opinion for TM. How many of us have been into shops and not seen any TP drivers. How many shops will bring in 3 TP lines of 799+? R7 425 TP, R5 TP and R7 460 TP. Wholesale alone will kill some of these shops. $400+ cost WOW. I don't see it being a big hit. Too much money. Afterall isn't the economy slowing a bit with the price of oil and GAs?

Oh well we will see

I... am... having an out... of body experience... I can see... the future... another site will proclaim the 460 Tour the greatest driver ever made. This may come as a huge surprise... but I also see the guy who runs the site having an unlimited supply of them for sale. They will be so "rare" people will only be able to get them from him but don't worry, they will be certified. What a joke.

I... am... having an out... of body experience... I can see... the future... another site will proclaim the 460 Tour the greatest driver ever made. This may come as a huge surprise... but I also see the guy who runs the site having an unlimited supply of them for sale. They will be so "rare" people will only be able to get them from him but don't worry, they will be certified. What a joke.

gee wiz people... why does everyone have to talk smack about golfopinions! :)

I think he is referring to a certain site that has a "dancing banana" emoticon and a certain piece of military ammunition as its symbol. :crazy:

I think he is referring to a certain site that has a "dancing banana" emoticon and a certain piece of military ammunition as its symbol. :crazy:

yeah... I know i was making a joke.

.... a serious note these R7 460 TP Tour club heads are definitely the pinnicle of golf technology. When pretended to test this against all the other over inflated clubs I sold to you over the past year for way too much money, I found I was get 40-60 yards more carry. But that was merely marginal gains compared to what happened when I put in a $1000 shaft in it. I was getting at least 90-120 yrds more carry than before, even when I hit it with the heel. This shaft is definitely the best on the market, that is why no one is playing one on tour. The really cool thing is that when I just take my address with this club the ball jumps off the tee and runs out to 380 center cut everytime. It works on a new scientific priciple called anti-idiot repusion. ...This is real techincal but I'll try to dumb it down for you guys.... When the ball sees this driver shaft combination it instantly recognizes that you are possibly one of the biggest idiots in the world and then runs as far away from you as possible. Scientist are also reporting that this phenomina may also work with spouses. I am sure this new discovery is coming to all of you with a great bit of joy becuase after you pay me the exorbant amount of money I am going to steal, errr I mean, take.... ,oh thats not much better, charge... thats a good one ... charge you for this club you are certainly not going to have any money left for lessons that might actually help that horrid thing you call a golf swing. Oh and never mind that sound you here its just me laughing all the way to the bank.

oh and by the way I still have some tour issue snake oil and fairy dust for sale. act now supplies are (un)limited.

I think he is referring to a certain site that has a "dancing banana" emoticon and a certain piece of military ammunition as its symbol. ;)

yeah... I know i was making a joke.

.... a serious note these R7 460 TP Tour club heads are definitely the pinnicle of golf technology. When pretended to test this against all the other over inflated clubs I sold to you over the past year for way too much money, I found I was get 40-60 yards more carry. But that was merely marginal gains compared to what happened when I put in a $1000 shaft in it. I was getting at least 90-120 yrds more carry than before, even when I hit it with the heel. This shaft is definitely the best on the market, that is why no one is playing one on tour. The really cool thing is that when I just take my address with this club the ball jumps off the tee and runs out to 380 center cut everytime. It works on a new scientific priciple called anti-idiot repusion. ...This is real techincal but I'll try to dumb it down for you guys.... When the ball sees this driver shaft combination it instantly recognizes that you are possibly one of the biggest idiots in the world and then runs as far away from you as possible. Scientist are also reporting that this phenomina may also work with spouses. I am sure this new discovery is coming to all of you with a great bit of joy becuase after you pay me the exorbant amount of money I am going to steal, errr I mean, take.... ,oh thats not much better, charge... thats a good one ... charge you for this club you are certainly not going to have any money left for lessons that might actually help that horrid thing you call a golf swing. Oh and never mind that sound you here its just me laughing all the way to the bank.

oh and by the way I still have some tour issue snake oil and fairy dust for sale. act now supplies are (un)limited.

Let's keep this thread on track guys :crazy:

• 9 months later...

so when does the 460TP come out>>>????

Every year the cycle repeats itself. Kind of funny. I saw a 460 TP Tour in an old thread for $2200, now they are $400 tops! Just wait until next year and TM has 6 new drivers out and the superquad and burner will be $250 on ebay.

CraZy.

why do you keep bringing up old thread...

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/TM7465

here's the 460TP retail..