mackenzie golfbags?

[quote name='rjklein4470' timestamp='1282085051' post='2645728']
Ok, this is my walker. The quality of this bag and leather is excellent, customer service is excellent, size is perfect, and it is very easy to carry. Enjoy

[attachment=643287:clubs 047.JPG]
[attachment=643288:clubs 045.JPG]
[/quote]

Sweet Bag, going to have to save up for one. :kewlpics:

Thank you! I will write a review after I get a few more rounds in under my belt. Right off the bat, I will say it is very easy to cary this bag. It is very comfy, and I have noticed there is not very much chatter at all. Since the clubs are orginized, but NOT seperated, they all lay together and dont chatter at all.

What I love about this bag, is when I am on the range hitting balls I just want to go walk a few. Before I would hit balls for a hour and then go work on short game, but now I just go walk five or six holes.

Beautiful bag! Pretty much the bag that you'll most likely have for the rest of your life so you should have plenty of time to enjoy the quality as well as the compliments you'll receive.

Also I really dig the old school knit covers, to me they look like a better match up visually then the leather covers I've seen accompanying this style bag, first class all the way!

Dr. Rangelove- I got this bag because I was at the range one day, and wanted to just walk a few. So I was never a huge fan of the walker, but once I got it, i became a huge fan. So well made, and really easy to carry. Now after hitting balls I cant wait to walk a few. Walking 18 is much easier, as well. Love this bag!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rjklein4470' timestamp='1282357223' post='2652367']
Dr. Rangelove- I got this bag because I was at the range one day, and wanted to just walk a few. So I was never a huge fan of the walker, but once I got it, i became a huge fan. So well made, and really easy to carry. Now after hitting balls I cant wait to walk a few. Walking 18 is much easier, as well. Love this bag!
[/quote]

RJ - Gives me goosebumps - that is a GORGEOUS golf bag - well played sir - the white leather accents are very well done and your sticks look right at home.

I agree - one of my favorite thing about a MacKenzie is that it calls me out if I'm hitting too many on the range and tells me to get my butt out on the course so I can enjoy the walk.

Enjoy!

Awesome bag! Love the classic black & cream combo!

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Mr. True and Dan,
Thanks for the compliments ordered new knit head covers to match the bag, so they should be here any day. Once I get them I will post some updated pictures. If I had it to do over again I would change a couple thins, but they are minor. My origianl thought was to make the handle black so you would not see the ware and dirt, but now I was thinking I would rather have the handle cream. Other than that, I love it.

The quality of these bags are outstanding. You almost have to see it to belive it, and at first I thought I was going to be really anal with the bag, but now that I see how well its made and the quality of the materal I just treat it like it was designed.

[quote name='rjklein4470' timestamp='1283277202' post='2671570']
Mr. True and Dan,
Thanks for the compliments ordered new knit head covers to match the bag, so they should be here any day. Once I get them I will post some updated pictures. If I had it to do over again I would change a couple thins, but they are minor. My origianl thought was to make the handle black so you would not see the ware and dirt, but now I was thinking I would rather have the handle cream. Other than that, I love it.

The quality of these bags are outstanding. You almost have to see it to belive it, and at first I thought I was going to be really anal with the bag, but now that I see how well its made and the quality of the materal I just treat it like it was designed.
[/quote]

Nice setup! 'Just me' ... I would go with Leather driver and knit 3 wood. Can't go wrong either way... I am jealous.

[quote name='ssp' timestamp='1283278571' post='2671623']
[quote name='rjklein4470' timestamp='1283277202' post='2671570']
Mr. True and Dan,

[/quote]

Nice setup! 'Just me' ... I would go with Leather driver and knit 3 wood. Can't go wrong either way... I am jealous.
[/quote]

RJ - Don't second guess yourself - the bag is perfect. It's always hard when you are creating something yourself as opposed to buying something that is already made.

It took me a while to stop "babying" the bag - now I take it out in a downpour knowing that it will look good as new the next morning.

I agree with SSP - A leather driver head cover looks very slick when combined with a knit Fwy and/or Hybrid. I feel like it balances the bag aesthetically because there is leather from top (longest club) to bottom. JMO. And of course forged irons really bring out the "classic" nature of a MacKenzie - can't wait for my TRUE Mac to arrive.

The leather is so soft and supple that you almost feel forced to baby it initially, for fear it will get damaged....like holding an infant.

That mentality wears off quick, as you have realized. These things are tough, as well as gorgeous.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

The MacKenzie Ballistic Nylon Bags are fantastic as well - every bit as durable as the leather.

Obviously they feel a little different under your arm (nothing is quite like leather) but we have sold a lot of ballistic nylon MacKenzie bags through TWG to Society Members and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

dbleag - That is awesome - 25 years and going strong - a beauty!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr TRUE' timestamp='1283483109' post='2676774']
The MacKenzie Ballistic Nylon Bags are fantastic as well - every bit as durable as the leather.

Obviously they feel a little different under your arm (nothing is quite like leather) but we have sold a lot of ballistic nylon MacKenzie bags through TWG to Society Members and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

dbleag - That is awesome - 25 years and going strong - a beauty!
[/quote]

I use an old nylon Mackenzie Peter Jacobson bag. It's a bit faded, but still going strong. I would love to replace it with a leather Mackenzie, but it really doesn't need to be replaced. My only complaint is that I wish it had an easy way to carry an umbrella for those occassional days when it looks like a storm is in the works. Other than that, it's perfect.

Do you lay it on the ground when hitting your shot?

Not sure if this was directed at me or users in general. In any case, yes, I lay my bag on the ground when hitting a shot. There isn't a stand, so there isn't an alternative. The nylon bag I have is not waterproof. I keep my wallet, watch, etc. in a plastic bag if the conditions are wet.

I have one bag of each name. Both bleed very badly whether in the rain or just from sweat. I can't tell you how many shirts have been ruined by the strap and the side of the bag. The worst stain seems to be during hot weather when sweat and the leather dye get together. One of them even stained my shoulder through the bag it was so bad. Kind of like a shirt that wasn't color fast and needed to be washed a ton of times before it stopped bleeding. I don't know why they can't prevent the bleeding. Lord knows shoes and other leather goods don't bleed regardless of leather type moo hide or exotic leathers. Too bad because they are excellent workmanship but to date have never found a color that doesn't make a mess over time. They also start to develop sweat stains where the bag bleeds---exchanging color for sweat salt I guess.

[quote name='jgonz69' timestamp='1285219992' post='2709919']
http://www.thewalkinggolfer.com/merchandise/llama.html

Anybody try this yet?
[/quote]

I actually put in an order for a MacKenzie llama this afternoon and couldn't be more excited to receive. Mine will be black ballistic nylon with tan leather trim and a couple of black/tan leather headcovers. I have always admired the leather versions, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger due to price concerns and questions if I would use the bag properly or baby the leather too much. The ballistic nylon seems to be a good compromise, while still getting an top quality custom product.

So far, Thom at MacKenzie has been extremely attentive, good to work with, and helpful. I will post pics when I receive.

[quote name='b_riedy' timestamp='1285727209' post='2719162']

Anybody try this yet?
[/quote]

I actually put in an order for a MacKeEnzie llama this afternoon and couldn't be more excited to receive. Mine will be black ballistic nylon with tan leather trim and a couple of black/tan leather headcovers. I have always admired the leather versions, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger due to price concerns and questions if I would use the bag properly or baby the leather too much. The ballistic nylon seems to be a good compromise, while still getting an top quality custom product.

So far, Thom at MacKenzie has been extremely attentive, good to work with, and helpful. I will post pics when I receive.
[/quote]
Can you also post a mini review? I really want to buy one of these.
Thanks.

[quote name='jgonz69' timestamp='1285735100' post='2719369']

Anybody try this yet?
[/quote]

I actually put in an order for a MacKeEnzie llama this afternoon and couldn't be more excited to receive. Mine will be black ballistic nylon with tan leather trim and a couple of black/tan leather headcovers. I have always admired the leather versions, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger due to price concerns and questions if I would use the bag properly or baby the leather too much. The ballistic nylon seems to be a good compromise, while still getting an top quality custom product.

[/quote]
Thanks.
[/quote]

When I receive, I will post a review with pics. I broke down and ordered a third matching headcover (hybrid) today. Can't wait to receive!!!

[quote name='b_riedy' timestamp='1286412392' post='2732024']
[quote name='jgonz69' timestamp='1285735100' post='2719369']

Anybody try this yet?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Thanks.
[/quote]

When I receive, I will post a review with pics. I broke down and ordered a third matching headcover (hybrid) today. Can't wait to receive!!!
[/quote]
Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I received my MacKenzie Llama (ballistic Nylon Walker) today and as requested, I am attaching a few pics. This bag is BEAUTIFUL, great quality, and I am glad I went the ballistic nylon route; although the leather bags look great, I was just afraid that I would baby them too much. The bag is black nylon and Tan leather (trim).

I will post a more formal and detailed review once I get a chance to use the bag on the course, but just toting the bag around the house, it seems very light weight and balances wonderfully. I don't think the transition to single strap will be any problem and I walk 80% of the time. The only thing I will need to get adjusted to is removing and placing the clubs in the bag. It seems natural to stand the bag upright, grab the top ring/opening of the bag, and remove a club. Although I am probably babying the bag too much, I just hope this doesn't wear out the stitching on the top opening of the bag. If you are interested, I highly recommend the MacKenzie products and company; Thom was great to work with!

Any recommendations from MacKenzie owners on care for the leather/bag? I want this thing to last Many, Many, Many years.

Sorry for the quality of pics, I will have to take some in better lighting. A full tan hybrid headcover is on its way to complement the bag!!!
Enjoy!

[attachment=675166:DSC_0002.jpg]
[attachment=675165:DSC_0001.jpg]
[attachment=675167:DSC_0003.jpg]
[attachment=675168:DSC_0008.jpg]

[quote name='b_riedy' timestamp='1288055392' post='2759217']
I received my MacKenzie Llama (ballistic Nylon Walker) today and as requested, I am attaching a few pics. This bag is BEAUTIFUL, great quality, and I am glad I went the ballistic nylon route; although the leather bags look great, I was just afraid that I would baby them too much. The bag is black nylon and Tan leather (trim).

I will post a more formal and detailed review once I get a chance to use the bag on the course, but just toting the bag around the house, it seems very light weight and balances wonderfully. I don't think the transition to single strap will be any problem and I walk 80% of the time. The only thing I will need to get adjusted to is removing and placing the clubs in the bag. It seems natural to stand the bag upright, grab the top ring/opening of the bag, and remove a club. Although I am probably babying the bag too much, I just hope this doesn't wear out the stitching on the top opening of the bag. If you are interested, I highly recommend the MacKenzie products and company; Thom was great to work with!

Any recommendations from MacKenzie owners on care for the leather/bag? I want this thing to last Many, Many, Many years.

Sorry for the quality of pics, I will have to take some in better lighting. A full tan hybrid headcover is on its way to complement the bag!!!
Enjoy!

[/quote]

Beautiful bag! I wouldn't worry too much about the top stitching wearing out. My 20 year old Peter Jacobson bag is faded to grey and it is just starting to show a bit of fraying where the divider passes through the bag. As much as I WANT a new MacKenzie, I really don't NEED one! This one has several good years left.

Question: How did you order a leather/nylon bag? Direct from MacKenzie? I know it isn't a standard offering.

[quote name='first tee' timestamp='1288091472' post='2759780']
[quote name='b_riedy' timestamp='1288055392' post='2759217']

Enjoy!

[/quote]

Beautiful bag! I wouldn't worry too much about the top stitching wearing out. My 20 year old Peter Jacobson bag is faded to grey and it is just starting to show a bit of fraying where the divider passes through the bag. As much as I WANT a new MacKenzie, I really don't NEED one! This one has several good years left.

Question: How did you order a leather/nylon bag? Direct from MacKenzie? I know it isn't a standard offering.
[/quote]

I found the bag at www.thewalkinggolfer.com in the merchandise section. With that said, I ordered directly from MacKenzie by giving them a call. Unsure why they don't list the nylon bags as a product on their website, but they offer two nylon bags: [1] the Llama (nylon Original Walker) and [2] the Sherpa (nylon Sunday Walker). In my opinion, unless they think it would canabalize sales, they should list these bags as products on their website. These nylon bags fill a void between the high cost / high custom leather bags and the run of the mill stand bags as seen everywhere in the market place. Once I called, Thom let me know the options I had for the nylon bag. Basically, two choices of nylon (black or navy) and any choice you want for the leather trim.

Actually, Thom informed me that Peter Jacobsen was in the shop a couple of months ago and purchased a bunch of Nylon Walkers for his buddies!!!