GolfWRX Today and our Mission

5 Year Birthday...

It has been 5 years this April since we opened our doors and look how fast we have grown. We are the LARGEST online Golf Social network. Over 120,000 (trimmed off to 85,000) members have joined our site and are now proud of their affiliation with us.

Going to the PGA Show and meeting with all the OEMs and the media companies I realize now what we have become. Larger than we originally thought.

Now what? What is GolfWRX.com's goals? I thought I would try to answer these questions. Here we go…

Why WRX? What is GolfWRX.com's goals? Well it isn't that complicated. The owners (Ryan GXgolfer and Richard easyyy) decided to fund a golf site for golfers to call home. We are not motivated by money, but for the love of the game. All of us have our own careers and have no intention to have this site put food on our table. We aren't here for greed and GolfWRX is not a Retail or Tour Golf Store. This allows us to provide unbiased opinions and reviews of all equipment and other golf related services. We don't have to spin our reviews to sell equipment. Our goal is to give our members what they want…

Pure golf
Pictures of new and current golf equipment
Tour picture coverage
The latest, best, and spin free information
A safe place to buy and sell
A civil environment, a place to be proud of.

What do I mean by "we are here for the members" ??? The design of our goals and mission is for our members. We started this place to have a safe haven from the slant and bias. From ulterior motives other than simple chatter. We are here to share our opinions and feel ensured the administrators support what we want now and for the future.

WRX is here to provide the ULTIMATE destination for golfers. We needed to create a place to be proud of. As a member we spend countless hours adding value here. Value in writing threads, posts, adding pictures, looking at content and supporting our sponsors. We must feel that our value is added to a place we are proud of. A site we are proud to say we are a member of. Are you proud to be a member of GolfWRX? I am.

A community of integrity and honesty. Some of us are aware of other golf communities online and we believe that Golfwrx.com is the next generation of all these sites. We stay pure and unbiased and support the small and the big regardless of our own opinions. I am told this is why we have grown so fast. Our members have grown to trust us. AGAIN, we are NOT here for personal gain, we are here to create the best place for golfers on the net. PERIOD. We all love this sport and the passion fuels our motivation for GolfWRX.com. We believe that if you build it they will come. We have built it in the last 5 years and you have come. I have said it before... Built by Golfers for golfers.

I was told by Sean Toulan VP of Taylor Made that he spends 2 hours a day on GolfWRX. I have been told by executives of the PGA Tour, Golf Digest, Time Warner, LPGA, Cleveland Golf, Adams, The Golf Channel, Cobra, Wilson, Mizuno, Callaway, Nike, Titleist, Ping, Aldila, TGW, Golfsmith, True Temper, Oban, Bridstone, that we number one for websites out there. How does that make you feel? I know how it makes me feel. Proud of what we all have made here. We will not allow anything to stop our momentum.

We will continue to pour resources into this place so you are floored. So you can say WOW! As a result of our ClubWRX membership and advertising we can now stand on our own feet. Cover its cost and make some money to reinvest back into the site we love. Hire photographers, double pay the same weeks our members post pics and our staff photographer is there, better giveaways. faster servers, software modifications and the list goes on.

Our product isn't sales of equipment. Our product is News, Articles and posts from our members and administrators. As we grow and gain membership we will gain more pictures and opinions. The more members and posting the better. The more activity we have here the more manufactures and sponsors will want to be showcased here. That is how we will survive in the long haul. Not for profit like so many other places, but for the betterment of the members.

I hope that this helps explain a little about why we are here. I meant every word of it from the bottom of my heart. As an obsessed addicted golfer myself, I am so proud of all the hard work that Ryan, the Developers and our Moderators have done over the years to make this place what it is. Not just them but even more importantly the members here. Thank you for all of your support. Everything we wanted and more. It is amazing the amount of industry insiders that have said that they think we have something special.

Our future is contingent upon our memberships involvement. If you didn't read, post replies, and start topics what would we have? If you are satisfied then we will be healthy. There are so many things we have in the works to make our site better than it is today. If you like what you see now just you wait, you wont be let down. Our recent construction of the Version 1 Review site and the video addition will be stepping stones for growth. As we modify them and make them easier to use, we will be able to post video in posts as easily as Pics are added now.

Ryan (Gxgolfer) our team and I are hopeful that we continue to make the right management decisions to take us to the next level. Continue to improve our site and make the user interface and content better than ever. Not charging the membership for full access and classifieds is also important.

Richard
GolfWRX.com
[email protected]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks..

Is this a good time to tell all of you we have 400 pics being loaded from Doral this week? And probably not the right place to add a spy pic of the first ever seen True Temper DG Spinner wedge shaft?

Who cares... it is spring and we are all getting crazy

[attachment=554987:IMG00004-20100309-1027.jpg]

[attachment=554989:IMG00004-20100309-1027a.jpg]

First of all, easyyy - thank you SO much for creating this site with Ryan! I can't even remember how I found it on the web, but since joining I have learned, laughed, bought, posted and read, read, read on an almost daily basis.

It is my first and favorite place on the web to go, and don't see it changing anytime soon. With all the information, pictures, topics, contests; the list goes on and on - I love it and hope it's around for years and years to come!

Congrats on the anniversary - be proud of what you have contributed to a global golf community!!

Cheers,
Kev

This truly is an amazing site and congratulations on doing such a great job, If I ever need info on anything golf related I come here as this is like the dictionary for golf Q&A and equipment, I love all the pics and the efforts put forth by our fellow members to inform us of new goodies and information that may help us with our golf adventures, I have also have gotten to know some great people on here as well.

Thanks for all the great work and amazing job on building a great golf community Ryan and Richard and to all the golfwrx members tks for a great site.

Bubba

Great stuff Richard,

I think its truly great that the voice of the dedicated golfing public can and is being heard by the big companies, and hopefully they are taking the information from the WRX (good or bad) and puting it to good use. In todays market the general push of equipment is for the mid-high handicap player so its nice to have the voice of the lower handicap players heard, we may be a smaller market share but we sure are passionate about our equipment.

Its great to get unbiased reviews from the board members on here about new products without the feeling that someone is trying to sell you a bag of tour issued B.S.

I have been on the board for sometime now and really enjoy it, WRX is the only such forum that I actively participate in.
Not only have I enjoyed the forums themselves, have had the opportunities to build many friendships with WRX members offline and consider quite a few good friends of mine now. Being active on the board has spurred me to be a better golfer going from a 10 handicap when I joined to a low of 1.4 a combination of the members passion for the game and challenging myself by playing with some outstanding players that are part of the forum.
I am also amazed when I put on an outing the support we have had from Richard and Ryan, going well above and beyond the call of duty.

In fact I am going to do something now that I have been meaning to do for a long time and that is to pay the $ for a club wrx membership. For all the site has given to me its the least I can do.

Thanks again Richard and Ryan for all the time hardwork that you put into making this the #1 golf place on the net
also thanks to all the marshalls that work hard to police the site especially Drpino for the hard work he puts in on the bst

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Here's to 5 years together! :drinks: Looking forward to what will come soon. I think GolfWRX has HUGE potential. WOW! That TT Spinner is crazy! Oh, guess who may be trying out a TM SuperTri DF w/ a SkunkWRX Aldila RIP? ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

In the spirit of Golfwrx, I will not say anything about other sites (with other motives) and where that has landed them....however, I do wonder why manufacturers continue to supply them with "Tour Heads" (especially TMAG....whose VP is on here 2 hours a day)..........woops, there I go.

Charter member here....I am on the site everyday and will be renewing when the time comes. I would feel much better about buying tour products through a "neutral" site like Golfwrx!! Appreciate you guys staying the course and providing me with an answer to every golf question I have had since 2005!!

ps....I copied your avatar...hope you don't mind!

I remember doing a survey for Titleist around the middle of last year and seeing GolfWRX as an answer to some of the questions. I had to stop for a second and just think about it. I've been a member for something like 2 years now, but have been reading the forums for longer than that. Its very cool what you guys have created here and how well you have run it. Its grown from just a small forum to something that has a big impact on the golf industry... that is pretty crazy.

Keep up the good work guys!

great writting, and hope that all the efforts are well recived by us, the users. be proud, because you have a great thing going on, and just can get better. i, as a fellow golfer, am very pleased and thanfull to come up with this site, as it has given me a lot to read and learn (many hours at late nigths :crazy::drag: lol).

thank you.

from mexico

juanki

[size=2]G25 8.5° phenom NL 60 s[/size]
[size=2]xcg7 13° fuel ts 70 s[/size]
[size=2]G20 16.5° nvs 85 s tipped 1.75"[/size]
[size=2]G20 3,4,5 & 6 hybrids nv 105 s[/size]
[size=2]G25 7-u irons s300 ssx1 +1"[/size]
[size=2]EYE XG s & l wedges 8 iron x100[/size]
[size=2]G2 ally c ss fatso 5.0[/size]

Richard,
As always, many thanks for all you do to keep up this wonderful site!!
Congratulations to the 5 years and here's to many more!
With Much Appreciation,
Chris

TM M2 with VA Raijin
PRGR Egg Spoon 15 AD-DJ
Adams Super Hybrids
Epon 702 or 503 with Aerotech 80's/95’s
Betti Tour/Spyder Slant Mini Tour/Odyssey Japan Tour
Vokey Tour 456/56K and 464/60K or Handground’s

It is an absolute privilege and an honor to be associated with this website.

Thank you both Richard and Ryan.

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

It's hard to believe where that 5 whole years has flown by since I first joined here as member #49. There's lot of good members(many oldtimers and newbies), tons of information to be found and all the pictures which made all of my time reading the posts here very worthwhile.

I hope I'm still around for a long time to keep on reading even more posts and to view more pictures! :clapping:

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Great post and thanks for making this place as good as it is. I have been here since November 05 and it is one of my must check websites daily.

I am amazed at the depth and quality of information here on the site. It is also pretty awesome that you have the OEM's and whatnot checking the site to see what is going on. Really illustrates how tied into the golf world WRX is.

I also wanted to say thanks to all the marshalls and sponsors who make this site as good as it is. Without their help I don't think it would be quite as good.

:good:

Dan

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

Richard,

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!! This is a great place because of you and the members..A big ATTA BOY to all.clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

Richard and Ryan

Thank you both for all your hard work and dedication to this site, it has given me much enjoyment, and a fun place to spend my spare time as well.

Thanks

Mac

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

I've got to admit, I was really surprised to find out this awesome site is only 5 years old... this forum has progressed so much in those 5 years it's quite undescribable (I used to browse in early '07). To have a forum made like GolfWrx in JUST 5 years is an amazing achievment; without GolfWrx I doubt I'd be the golfer I am today thanks to all the great members on here!

p.s. anyone else find it weird (in a good way) that we've got famous golfers and important people in the golf industry browsing on GolfWrx? I wonder if Tiger ever takes a peek lol.