Beware: Bettinardi TOUR is NOT TOUR

HipCheck

2 Tour putters with ARE NOT TOUR
This may be off the Nationwide Tour, but it is NOT a 'Tour' putter. It is retail black thunder finish.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tour-3x-Black-Bettinar...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a production putter which was refinished at Studio B. It is NOT a Tour putter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bettinardi-BB-1-Tour-I...1QQcmdZViewItem
Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy never said it was a tour issued putter just that it is a tour issued model. Ex. Scotty Cameron Newport model is a tour issued model, but they make production Newports.

Jer-Jer has no grasp of the english language please ignore him !

what part of "straight off the tour" (the first one) and "tour issued" (the 2nd one) do you not understand. :yahoo:

As for you example it sucks!

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

The guy never said it was a tour issued putter just that it is a tour issued model. Ex. Scotty Cameron Newport model is a tour issued model, but they make production Newports.

Jer-Jer has no grasp of the english language please ignore him !

what part of "straight off the tour" (the first one) and "tour issued" (the 2nd one) do you not understand. :yahoo:

As for you example it sucks!

:yahoo:

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

Thank you Johnny for your nice response. Whatever happened to no personal attacks on members? I consider that an attack. I never read the title. I was in the description. It says "This very rare 1999 Bettinardi BB-1 Putter is a "Tour Issued" Model". Not saying it's tour, just saying he worded it weird so if anyone got upset he could get around it-except for the title. And Johnny you cut off the "model" part after tour issued. I never said anything about the 1st one. And I don't know how he expects us to think it's tour issued when he says "These putters are no longer manufactured and carried a $700.00 retail cost when first released!"...he said retail...

Jer think what you like... you have a history of either not knowing what you are talking about, which this is a classic example of. You also have a history of trying to back shady merchandise being sold by people you know. Do you know either of these ebay sellers ?

I think it's best for you to just to stay out of this one... :yahoo:

This may be off the Nationwide Tour, but it is NOT a 'Tour' putter. It is retail black thunder finish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tour-3x-Black-Bettinar...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a production putter which was refinished at Studio B. It is NOT a Tour putter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bettinardi-BB-1-Tour-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

Rob is totally correct. Both putters are older production heads that might have a tour grip, tour shaft band and tour cover, but that is it. The actual heads are not tour heads.

Todd,

What is the difference between a tour issued and retail Bettinardi, you will know, and on the 3x black he says it was used on the nationwide for 2 weeks would someone on the nationwide use a retail putter, just asking? I am inquisitive about this, as I know someone on the nationwide I could let him use my club on a weekday then sell it as a tour used club. Yeah Baby!!

Todd,

What is the difference between a tour issued and retail Bettinardi, you will know, and on the 3x black he says it was used on the nationwide for 2 weeks would someone on the nationwide use a retail putter, just asking? I am inquisitive about this, as I know someone on the nationwide I could let him use my club on a weekday then sell it as a tour used club. Yeah Baby!!

A tour issued putter is a putter you will see on my site at www.tksputters.com that is a putter made just for the tour and has special finishes, engravings and etc. A retail putter will not have any of that. The black putter on ebay is a retail black thunder BB1 short slant as the 3x black finish was only done on DASS tour putters that are on my site. The BB1 short slant is a carbon steel that has someones initials. A true tour putter is a putter made for the tour that has special stampings, weights, finishes and etc. like all of the ones on my site and not a production putter that a tour player used. If you have a production putter and give it to one of your friends that plays on the tour, that is not considered a tour putter. It is a production putter that a tour player used and that is it. I hope that helps.

Wow! Some of you are worst then a nagging wife! "Tour", "Not tour", yada, yada, yada!

First of all not to toot my own horn, but over the years I have attended quite a number of celebrity pro-ams from coast to coast as a guest of a very famous as well as golf influential celebrity entertainer from Chicago who's name will remain anonymous, through the years I have been behind the scenes with the likes of Tiger, Daly, Love, etc.

And I have seen everything from 40 year old Ping Anser putters to off-the-rack Odysseys' and everything in between some stamped "Tour" and others not in the bags of PGA Tour pros.

The bottom line boys and girls it's all about the Benjamins!

Hell I'd putt with a pop-can nailed on a stick if it would help me to win a tour event or even place in the top 5.

Over the years I have seen the likes of the almighty Scotty Cameron to old man Karsten trying to hustle their goodies to the big guns both on the course and off.

Believe you me if a rusty 5 dollar Kmart putter helps keep a tour player past the cut then all the endorsement money in the world won't sway that pro away from his 5 dollar putter.

As far as Bettinardi's Studio B those guys will do to your putter whatever you and your wallet wants them to do, as it should be.

I own 2 tricked out BB2s as well as a BB1 similar to the suspect mentioned in this thread all with the same tour shaft-bands, grips and putter covers complements of Bettinardi's Studio B.

And my babies have never seen a Tour or a Tour player for that matter yet they say "Tour"

Did Bettinardi and their staff deceive me by affixing those labels and grips to my production putters?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and God created it then guess what, it is a duck.

And Todd what about the "Tour Putters" you hock on Ebay and your website have they ever seen the hands of a Tour player or even seen a Tour Event? I know they are designed for Tour use by Bob but have they ever seen a Tour? You know as well as I the answer is NO!

You have a niche business and I respect that as well as I respect you for all the knowledge you share with the public regarding Bettinardi's products, hell for someone who isn't employed by the company you know more about Bob's creations then some of his own employees do, but neither you nor anyone else on this forum has the right to decide what is or what is not "Tour" when it comes to Bettinardi products that decision rests solely in the hands of Bob Bettinardi, if he has issues with items bearing his moniker being represented in a fraudulent or deceptive manner then only he or his legal team has the legal right to do something about it

Just a friendly FYI take it from someone who has a vast knowledge of Federal civil law it would behoove you as well as the owner(s) of this forum to research The Lanham Act as well as various civil defamation laws on the books today BEFORE posting your so-called warnings as they could prove to be quite costly to you as well as all involved especially if the opinion posted is used to disrupt the legitimate flow of commerce. :yahoo:

Food for thought you may now continue the bickering! :yahoo:

Just a friendly FYI take it from someone who has a vast knowledge of Federal civil law it would behoove you as well as the owner(s) of this forum to research The Lanham Act as well as various civil defamation laws on the books today BEFORE posting your so-called warnings as they could prove to be quite costly to you as well as all involved especially if the opinion posted is used to disrupt the legitimate flow of commerce. :cheesy:

Don,

Thanks for the heads up. As you may know, we have several attorneys as moderators here. Can you start a topic in the counselors corner forum? We can discuss the merits of your reference in depth.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

So if I have a duck, and it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, but since it's MY DUCK, and I want to call it a moose, then it's a moose?

Makes perfect sense. :cheesy:

The difference between Bettinardi TOUR and production is real and these auctions are simply trying to say they are tour, when in fact they are production. Tour brings in higher money. That's all we're trying to do here is alert people that these are NOT the higher priced, limited putters they might think they'd be getting.

Throwing up a red flag post as a concerned third party to globally alert potential purchasers as to the credibility or validity of questionable items so that a potential purchaser can research that item more extensively is one thing however as some of my esteem colleagues will concur when you are in the business of selling similar items you need to exercise caution in everything you say or write regarding a competitors product so that the rival competitor does not misconstrue that what is being said or written about his item or product is not being done for the sole purpose of profit for that is anti-competitive behavior which the Federal courts frown upon and as some of my colleagues on this honorable forum can attest the cost of proper representation to defend against a civil action can mount in the thousands not to mention the waste of ones time at attorney consultations, court appearances, depositions, etc, etc, and whether you are right or wrong in the end you will question yourself “was it really worth it?”

I enjoy the game of golf as well as occasionally engaging in a stimulating debate on this forum. The posts I have authored are only my 2 cents worth in this lively discussion.

As for debating the law I will gladly entertain my fellow consul at a hourly rate of $250.00 an hour during normal business hours of course! :cheesy:

Keep it in the short grass!

Throwing up a red flag post as a concerned third party to globally alert potential purchasers as to the credibility or validity of questionable items so that a potential purchaser can research that item more extensively is one thing however as some of my esteem colleagues will concur when you are in the business of selling similar items you need to exercise caution in everything you say or write regarding a competitors product so that the rival competitor does not misconstrue that what is being said or written about his item or product is not being done for the sole purpose of profit for that is anti-competitive behavior which the Federal courts frown upon and as some of my colleagues on this honorable forum can attest the cost of proper representation to defend against a civil action can mount in the thousands not to mention the waste of ones time at attorney consultations, court appearances, depositions, etc, etc, and whether you are right or wrong in the end you will question yourself “was it really worth it?”

I enjoy the game of golf as well as occasionally engaging in a stimulating debate on this forum. The posts I have authored are only my 2 cents worth in this lively discussion.

As for debating the law I will gladly entertain my fellow consul at a hourly rate of $250.00 an hour during normal business hours of course! :cheesy:

Don,

GolfWRX doesn't sell Bettinardi "Tour" Putters, you must have our site confused with someone else. So again I don't see your point. Perhaps you should go over the "agreement" you approved when joining this forum. You are correct about the legal costs and it swings both ways.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

As for debating the law I will gladly entertain my fellow consul at a hourly rate of $250.00 an hour during normal business hours of course! :)

Darn...I think I ran out of breath reading that first paragraph. I guess that's why they pay you guys $250 and hour if you can orate a statement like that with no periods. :smilie_cally: My 2 cents..at minimum wage an hour.

Fairways and greens! :cheesy:

I have no chips in this game so I could care less.

A user’s agreement is not a protective shield, example:

If a seller on Ebay who has no affiliation with this forum consummates a deal with a buyer who also has no affiliation with this site for a putter labeled tour , then prior to completing the purchase decides to back out because he is alerted by someone who is a member, that member X on the forum posted that the putter he is slated to buy is a fake, and the buyer forwards evidence of the post on to the seller, the seller can (depending how pissed he or she was) then seek the services of a skilled attorney who could put the owners of the forum as well as the author of the post on the hot seat

I see cases like this all the time.

Don’t shoot the messenger! :cheesy:

Don,

Any attorney who would take a case on the amount of money we are talking must have alot of free time. You've stated your opinion and I suggest you move on from this thread.

BST AD Help

If a seller on Ebay who has no affiliation with this forum consummates a deal with a buyer who also has no affiliation with this site for a putter labeled tour , then prior to completing the purchase decides to back out because he is alerted by someone who is a member, that member X on the forum posted that the putter he is slated to buy is a fake, and the buyer forwards evidence of the post on to the seller, the seller can (depending how pissed he or she was) then seek the services of a skilled attorney who could put the owners of the forum as well as the author of the post on the hot seat

Unless the putter is in fact not "tour" which is what we are speaking about. Then the seller would have no case just like your argument. Unlike your last sentece above, please put a period here (or anywhere) and move on. Tell MJ I said WASUP.

Don,

Please move on. Obviously, you see things differently than everybody else and your auction and putter gave you the results you hoped for. Please go somewhere where you will feel the "love."

BST AD Help

You guys are great! :cheesy:

Lotsa love on this forum.

I see this forum is very influential, the Ebayer who's putter started all this sold for 405 clams.

Time for me to mosey on along to a forum who's members welcome stimulating posts.

I feel as welcome here as a pig at a roast.

Keep up the good work!

Hey man if you are "stimulated" by getting ripped off..more power to you. I'm sure if you paid 400+ clams and later learned your putter was indeed not "tour" you probably wouldn't feel that way. Please by all means MOVE ON...... One reason why GolfWRX was created was because of the dishonesty of other sites, so I welcome these kinds of threads all the time. Helps the buyer beware !