SIM 19* Diamana D+70                Oven Vapor Speed 5 wood Diamana S+70
SIM Max 19* DI-85                         Vapor Speed 3H Diamana Blueboard
P7TW 4-PW Dynamic Gold TI        Vapor Pro 4-PW Dynamic Gold
MG2 TW 56 &60*                            Engage 54* TS,60* DS
TP Juno                                            Origin B1-01 Counterflex
TP5                                                    RZN Tour Platinum

[quote name='nikewalt' timestamp='1286276084' post='2729108']
They are fantastic! I have 2 sets.
[/quote] The launch angle for blades is a bit lower than CBs, so do you have a mid launch shaft? I would think if I got a low launch shaft in blades that wouldn't be a good idea. Wouldn't that make it harder to get the ball in the air?

they are great, my buddy i play with every weekend has them and they feel great and look great. Since they are blades there not as forgiving as others but for blades they are great in that area. He has regular shafts in them and gets the ball up quick, i think he should play stiff but dont think he has ever been fit. He is a single digit HC

I have a set of VR blades and VR splits. I honestly cant tell a difference between them I get the same distance with them both. They feel great, in my opinion look great also. I play s300 in them and they feel great. If your a good ball striker you wont be disappointing. plus their cheap on the Bay right now

If I didnt need the money, I wouldnt have sold my VR Blades...still the best irons I've played as well as the MP33's...Still looking for a cheap set when I get some bills paid off. Dont know if I should wait for the VR Pro's though.

Testing: Sim2 8*, Mizuno ST-G 220

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Cleveland Mashie 15.5*

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI/Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Three

I have not hit the blades, but do play the Split Vrs. They are fantastic clubs and feel awesome. Mine are very high and longer than my X22 tours. I play the S300 in them and have been very surprised with them. They VR line is seriously underrated and they are great sticks.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

I bought a set when the first came out, with DG X100's in them. Took a bit to get them, as everyone wanted them. They are stupid easy to hit, but I only hit blade type clubs. I like the fact that they have practically no offset, they hit the ball really high, and they feel fairly soft.

I alternate them between a couple of set's of Ben Hogan Apex iron set's. I love them as my summer time clubs. They arent so hot in the winter as the hit the ball very high, as I stated before. If anything they are a little to long, as the distance is great with them. Sometimes, there is a gap between the PW and the Vokey gap wedge that I play with, depending on the size of the green, lie of the ball and other migatating factors.

I have a set of these and like them a lot. I used to have some Mizuno TP-19s - not sure if there's an equivalent in the US, they were called that in the UK. Then I had a set of Titleist 681s and a Scratch combo set. I think I like the Nikes most of all. Especially since the TP-19s. They're a great set of clubs. Look great, feel great. I hit them very consistently. Not sure how much more you could ask for.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

[quote name='Shaank0' timestamp='1286302225' post='2729757']
I have a set of VR blades and VR splits. I honestly cant tell a difference between them I get the same distance with them both. They feel great, in my opinion look great also. I play s300 in them and they feel great. If your a good ball striker you wont be disappointing. plus their cheap on the Bay right now
[/quote] Is your S300 DG shafts a low launch version? I'm wanting a mid launch DG shaft to put in the VR blades, but I didn't see any. Does anyone know if the Nippon NS Pro 970 Titleist shaft is any good? They are a mid launch ultra light shaft. I think most people should probably put a mid launch shaft with blades unless they swing really fast.

[quote name='Huntingchris0000' timestamp='1286313816' post='2730073']
I agree with most everyone else on this topic I have bought and sold two sets of these and have thought about buying another set to keep if that tells you how I feel about them :russian_roulette:
[/quote] Why did you sell two sets if they are that good? Did you need the money?

[quote name='justaman5' timestamp='1286315786' post='2730124']
I bought a set when the first came out, with DG X100's in them. Took a bit to get them, as everyone wanted them. They are stupid easy to hit, but I only hit blade type clubs. I like the fact that they have practically no offset, they hit the ball really high, and they feel fairly soft.

I alternate them between a couple of set's of Ben Hogan Apex iron set's. I love them as my summer time clubs. They arent so hot in the winter as the hit the ball very high, as I stated before. If anything they are a little to long, as the distance is great with them. Sometimes, there is a gap between the PW and the Vokey gap wedge that I play with, depending on the size of the green, lie of the ball and other migatating factors.
[/quote] How does the winter affect the ball flight? I don't get it?

[quote name='justaman5' timestamp='1286315786' post='2730124']

[/quote] Are the X100s a low launch shaft?

X100 is a low launch, compared to some of the other offerings out there right now, such as ProjectX and KBS. IMO, the VR blades are beautiful, maybe half a club longer that most other blades, hit the ball pretty high for a blade, do not feel as soft as Mizunos, are very easy to hit for a blade, have very little offset, and the ball comes off pretty hot off them. I've tried PX 6.0 and DG X100's with them, and the shaft differences are very noticeable.

Just buy them, you won't regret it. I got them end of last year and my iron play has never been this good. I've played for 18 years (started at 7) and only started hitting blades a year ago (used to play Tommy Armour 845s). I've got X100's in them and they are low launch for sure. It will take some getting used to hitting the 3 & 4 iron as they aren't as forgiving and to a new blade player might be difficult to look at and be comfortable with, but you will because I did. When I bought them the 3 iron looked like a steak knife and now it just looks like my tool to hit the green from 215-220. I'm that confident with them.

[quote name='CyberBob' timestamp='1286427323' post='2732361']
X100 is a low launch, compared to some of the other offerings out there right now, such as ProjectX and KBS. IMO, the VR blades are beautiful, maybe half a club longer that most other blades, hit the ball pretty high for a blade, do not feel as soft as Mizunos, are very easy to hit for a blade, have very little offset, and the ball comes off pretty hot off them. I've tried PX 6.0 and DG X100's with them, and the shaft differences are very noticeable.
[/quote]

Sorry to threadjack, but can I ask what differences you saw as I have a set with S300 and was thinking of reshafting with PX6.0 which is what i had in a set of MP62's

thanks

I didn't think I would ever stop playing my Nike Original Blades until the groves were flat. Then I hit the VRs.......

I LOVE the way the sole interacts with the turf. They as forgiving as a blade can possibly be, and have a very nice feel. Honestly, as long as you don't mind the TW logo on them, they are perfect (especially considering their price right now).

[quote name='scottland' timestamp='1286486937' post='2733396']
I didn't think I would ever stop playing my Nike Original Blades until the groves were flat. Then I hit the VRs.......

I LOVE the way the sole interacts with the turf. They as forgiving as a blade can possibly be, and have a very nice feel. Honestly, as long as you don't mind the TW logo on them, they are perfect (especially considering their price right now).
[/quote]

So if you had a choice of a brandnew set of Original Blades or VR Blades which would you go for?

I had a set of Combo VR's but only 8,9 & wedge were the blades. I sold them as the Split cavity's didn't do it for me in the 6 and 7 iron. I'm now considering getting either the original Nike blades, Nike VR Blades or waiting to see the new Pro line. I'm intrested in seeing the new Pro Combo 6 and 7 iron, hopefully they will be nearer a blade than a cavity.

They're so good, I sold mine and then borrowed money from a friend just to get them back...the same exact set...lol

Testing: Sim2 8*, Mizuno ST-G 220

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Cleveland Mashie 15.5*

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI/Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Three

I've been playing R300 AP-1's for about 2 years (8 hdcp) and bought a beat-up cheap set of MP-37's with S-300 shafts on eBay this summer just to improve my ballstriking. I thought the Mizzy's would be harder to hit, but was I fooled - they're not. I get through the ball so much better with them and actually have a higher ball flight. I hook the Titlests at times and with the R shaft I'm not sure why. The Mizzys seem to have a smaller face. Maybe it's the shaft or the weight distribution of the club, but my AP1's are much harder to control compared to them. I'd like to find a set of 37's in decent condition but they are nowhere to be found.

I say that to ask this: I just went on vacation and rented a set of S-flex VR splits which seemed to have a similar feel to the Mizuno's. If you were trying to find the closest thing to the 37's, would the Tour Forged be the way to go, or would you buy a set of splits? Or should I look at Mizuno?

Any suggestions?

I demo'd them and I really liked them. They compare well to an older classic blade.

Great irons. Keep in mind they are a true blade so launch angle will be lower and they will let you know if you hit them wrong lol.

Good luck!

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport