The best training aid I have ever used bar none

choptalk

The swing glove for a left flat wrist
The SWING GLOVE keeps your left wrist flat everytime.

I have been playing golf for 2 years. The 1st year was on my own trying to figure out everything on my own. It was not a success, LOL.

Then after the first year of no success I started buying gadgets(not even knowing how to swing a club) with little or no success.

Then on this very forum I started hearing about TGM and it struck a nerve. This seemed to be the direction I needed to take.
So I bought TGM and it was way over my head. Then I heard about the The impact Zone by Bobby Clampett (thank you DanTheAttack) was a lighter version of TGM. I even bought the DVD's.

This changed me forever. I did not even know the science of hitting a golf ball. I always addressed the ball wrong with my hands behind the ball trying to scoop the ball off the ground. Every iron seemed to go about the same distance, and I never could get anything repeatable.

I finally had the knowledge to start working on my swing, but there was so much I had to do different then before that it took a long time to get everything into muscle memory.

There are 5 dynamics of the golf swing, and one of them is the flat left wrist.

As a matter of fact, if you cant keep a left flat wrist thru impact you cannot perform the other 4 dynamics.

This was so hard for me to overcome. I was the ultimate flip/scooper.

So I found this glove called The SwingGlove that has a stiff bar inside the glove with a henge that allows you to **** your wrist perfectly(dynamic #3) and lag your load properly(dynamic #4).

Once I got this glove it allowed me to not have to think about keeping my left wrist flat. This allowed me to focus on the other 4 dynamics.

In just 2 months of using this glove I have cut 20 strokes off my game.

Yesterday I took the glove off and used a regular glove and was very pleased to find out that I no longer need the Swing Glove because the Swing Glove forced this into my muscle memory. When you use a left flat wrist at address and impact it really goes a long way in helping you with the other 4 dynamics.

I dont work for Swing Glove. I will not get a penny for my endorsement. I dont know anyone who is associated with the product.

I just thought I would share something with you guys and gals that has changed my game forever.

Bobby Clampett+SwingGlove=20 strokes and counting off my game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. As a mega, but partially reformed flipper myself, I am interested in anything which is going to help achieve the flat left wrist at impact. I have also just bought Clampett's book and it's a great read. I am also about to invest in a Tour Striker. Does this glove literally make it impossible to flip your wrist through impact then?

Having looked at their website, the Swing Glove don't appear to ship to the UK however Sklz appear to make something [url="http://sklz.com/golf-training-aids/smart-glove-golf-training-glove"]very similar[/url]

[quote name='ATXgolfer ' timestamp='1291132296' post='2815971']
Will it help with casting or early release issues?
[/quote]

You can still throw away early, but you would be surprised how easy it is to hold your lag when you have one less thing to think about during your swing.

The less things you think about in your conscience, the easier it is to maintain your lag.

The glove has a hinge that allows for the perfect cocking of the wrist while keeping them flat.

This means all you have to worry about is your release.

After a while you will learn to just let your wrist uncock naturally. This is the key. With the proper pivit and turn you will learn that gravity takes care of any early release issues.

Imagine throwing a baseball, keeping your wrist flat and stiff. The ball will go less then 50% as far as it would if you use your wrist like a normal throw.

Now imagine throwing a baseball normally being able to use your wrist like you have done since little league. The ball goes a lot further.

But when you do throw that baseball with your wrist you are not thinking about it. Gravity and momentum takes over.

You dont grab the baseball and think to yourself that im going to rare back, push thru with my legs then right before releasing the ball im going to flip my wrist and let go of the ball.

You dont do any of that. Its all natural with no conscience thought.

This is the way you should be with your lag in the golf swing. Its the same exact principle.

[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1291132321' post='2815973']
Interesting. As a mega, but partially reformed flipper myself, I am interested in anything which is going to help achieve the flat left wrist at impact. I have also just bought Clampett's book and it's a great read. I am also about to invest in a Tour Striker. Does this glove literally make it impossible to flip your wrist through impact then?

Having looked at their website, the Swing Glove don't appear to ship to the UK however Sklz appear to make something [url="http://sklz.com/golf-training-aids/smart-glove-golf-training-glove"]very similar[/url]
[/quote]

Not impossible to flip your wrist, but it is impossible to bend your left wrist which I think is harder to avoid then flipping.

I think a lot of people think they have a flat wrist when they really dont which promotes flipping.

Once your wrist is 100% flat you will be amazed how much easier it will become to maintain lag and avoid flipping.

Glad to see that's worked for you and is helping you understand how that feels. I've learned though that a flat left wrist is NOT the result of any conscious effort to create it but rather the consequence of a good downswing motion that allows the left wrist to get to that position naturally, not artificially. If you let physics do it's thing, that should happen automatically.

This is just MHO, I think those who tend to flip struggle with that because they have too much lateral motion with their hands (moving them towards the target) as they approach impact. The result is as they do that they subconsciously pull their hands TOWARDS their body rather then allow them to move AWAY for it. That in essence defeats the natural physics of the swing (i.e. centrifugal force) and requires you to flip as well as come out of your spine angle in order to allow the club enough time and space to bottom out.

Like you, I thought creating that flat left wrist position was the "nirvana" position and what I needed to strive for when in reality, it was the physics of the swing that I really needed to understand. The FLW is just a beneficial by-product of that. Take it from a former flipper ... if you learn how to create a good downswing motion, everything else will fall into place.

[quote name='caryk' timestamp='1291133733' post='2816016']
Glad to see that's worked for you and is helping you understand how that feels. I've learned though that a flat left wrist is NOT the result of any conscious effort to create it but rather the consequence of a good downswing motion that allows the left wrist to get to that position naturally, not artificially. If you let physics do it's thing, that should happen automatically.

This is just MHO, I think those who tend to flip struggle with that because they have too much lateral motion with their hands (moving them towards the target) as they approach impact. The result is as they do that they subconsciously pull their hands TOWARDS their body rather then allow them to move AWAY for it. That in essence defeats the natural physics of the swing (i.e. centrifugal force) and requires you to flip as well as come out of your spine angle in order to allow the club enough time and space to bottom out.

Like you, I thought creating that flat left wrist position was the "nirvana" position and what I needed to strive for when in reality, it was the physics of the swing that I really needed to understand. The FLW is just a beneficial by-product of that. Take it from a former flipper ... if you learn how to create a good downswing motion, everything else will fall into place.
[/quote]

I agree with you.
A left flat wrist at impact is a result of doing many things correctly on the downswing, on the other hand having a proper left flat wrist at address and on your takeaway with proper wrist cocking and grip promotes a proper downswing motion which keeps your left wrist flat.

If a golfers wrist are not properly flat before the downswing, there is no chance that you will have a proper downswing to begin with, so there is a big importance to having a flat wrist way before your downswing which is the only area I disagree with you on.

I have a friend who has been playing golf for over 15 years that use to school me on the course. I have only been playing 2 years and he cant believe my almost overnight improvement.

I have been starting to pay attention to his swing and others now that I know what to look for.

He thinks he keeps his wrist flat when in reality he is the ultimate textbook flipper.

I think a lot of people who think they have flat wrist really dont.

[quote name='caryk' timestamp='1291133733' post='2816016']

[/quote]

Nice input. Can I ask, how you learned how to go about creating the correct downswing motion allowing the hands to move away from the body. Can you recommend any drills / videos to assist with this?

Despite that, I think this glove looks good. Learning how the left wrist should move in the swing is very important. After 15 years playing golf, i have only recently realised that my wrist action is totally wrong and trying to break old habits is very difficult indeed. Some recent threads on here have helped a lot though.

[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1291132321' post='2815973']

[/quote]

That glove does look decent as far as promoting a left flat wrist, but it does not have hinges which helps you with proper wrist cocking.

Im not saying dont buy it, but thats a pretty big difference.

[quote name='choptalk' timestamp='1291133241' post='2816004']
[quote name='ATXgolfer ' timestamp='1291132296' post='2815971']
Will it help with casting or early release issues?
[/quote]

You can still throw away early, but you would be surprised how easy it is to hold your lag when you have one less thing to think about during your swing.

The less things you think about in your conscience, the easier it is to maintain your lag.

The glove has a hinge that allows for the perfect cocking of the wrist while keeping them flat.

This means all you have to worry about is your release.

After a while you will learn to just let your wrist uncock naturally. This is the key. With the proper pivit and turn you will learn that gravity takes care of any early release issues.

Imagine throwing a baseball, keeping your wrist flat and stiff. The ball will go less then 50% as far as it would if you use your wrist like a normal throw.

Now imagine throwing a baseball normally being able to use your wrist like you have done since little league. The ball goes a lot further.

But when you do throw that baseball with your wrist you are not thinking about it. Gravity and momentum takes over.

You dont grab the baseball and think to yourself that im going to rare back, push thru with my legs then right before releasing the ball im going to flip my wrist and let go of the ball.

You dont do any of that. Its all natural with no conscience thought.

This is the way you should be with your lag in the golf swing. Its the same exact principle.
[/quote]

Throwing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tbYXpvW3s

Glad you found TIZ helpful. That book has helped many no doubt. I received a copy with a note from Bobby today in fact. The folks at Sybervision (who made TIZ dvds) did this. Very nice. About a year ago Smack Daddy told me about this book. My golf game improved immediately after reading that book and working on the 5 dynamics. I still work on them to this day. Thanks for the suggestion on the swing glove. I had not heard of that, but will check it out.

-Dan

[quote name='caryk' timestamp='1291137127' post='2816116']
[quote name='russc' timestamp='1291135635' post='2816073']
The flat left wrist ,forward leaning club shaft is result of what has come before.If you pivot correctly ,you will have a natural forward shaft lean with a flat left wrist at impact.
[/quote]
+1 Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.
[/quote]

I agree with you two. Looks like the only thing this glove thing will do is ingrain a contrived swing where all the thoughts are concentrated on the actions of the hands/wrists.

There's also the SKLZ Smart Glove. Same exact thing. I happened across a ton of them at a sporting goods business liquidation 2 years ago. Too bad they were all ladies sizes. Promptly sold them on ebay for $15-25 a pop after paying $2 each. Hooray for me.
I gave a few to my young nephew and he loves it.

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1291134731' post='2816044']
Nice input. Can I ask, how you learned how to go about creating the correct downswing motion allowing the hands to move away from the body. Can you recommend any drills / videos to assist with this?

Despite that, I think this glove looks good. Learning how the left wrist should move in the swing is very important. After 15 years playing golf, i have only recently realised that my wrist action is totally wrong and trying to break old habits is very difficult indeed. Some recent threads on here have helped a lot though.
[/quote]
I actually learned it using an simple aid my daughter has fun with (she's a +0.7 HCP). It's called a SNAG Snapper. It's a handle with a streamer attached to it. The idea is to swing it so that the streamer makes a loud "snap", kinda like crack the whip. She's really good at it but when I initially tried it, I had all kinds of trouble trying to get it to do that. Part of my problem was that I was moving the handle forward when I swung it. I could never get it to snap. Then my bright daughter showed my how she did it and I realized she was accelerating her hands away from her body as hard as she could towards a spot on the floor where a ball would be. Once that clicked with me, I tried it again and lo and behold, I was snapping it just as hard as she was. It sure frustrated me at first before she gave me the "secret" .. lol.

Here's what it looks like ... [url="http://shop.nays.org/product/snag-snapper-1090.cfm"]http://shop.nays.org...napper-1090.cfm[/url]

It's pretty inexpensive actually but you can't make it snap unless have a good downswing motion. You'll achieve a flat left wrist without even trying if you learn how to do that. It's fun to use. We have contests now to see who can make it snap the loudest (unfortunately she still wins most of them .. lol).

Btw, watch the last couple of seconds of the video in post #14 with Jeff Evans and you'll see exactly what the hands should be doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Choptalk,

Thanks man. I got one of these after reading here. Found mine on Amazon for $20. Got it in today and I am impressed. Too late to use it today, getting dark here on Nantucket. But will go to the range in the morning. Very high quality product and fits like a glove. Ha ha.. I am not much on training aids, but glad I followed your lead on this one.

-Dan

This thing works!

I was skeptical at first, but glad I bought one. This makes the 5th training aid I have bought in 20 years of playing golf. I am not usually a fan of gimmicks and training aids. Just got back from the range. Hit half the bucket with the glove, thinking about the feeling (which was bad) when my wrist broke down around/after impact. I thought about my hand position and forward leaning shaft at impact, the firmness from the glove was alleviated at impact. I hit ball after ball straight and far. Towards the end I took the glove off curious if this band aid solution would do any good when taken off. It did! I hit shot after shot without the glove and couldn't have hit them more solid.

Very impressive Choptalk.

Thanks for sharing man. good.gif

-Dn

I 've used theglove its a great tool but one better is the "impact bag" this is an underrated item that is fun and will teach you the LAG in your swing.....I picked up 10yard the first day I used it .....for 10 min. Its a great workout helps with balance also.....Nothing beats hitting the sweetspot......good luck....

:partytime2:

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have an older Dynamics Swing Glove that has metal insert and hinge. The current ones I can find in stores all have the plastic insert and hinge. They really don't work for me. Does anybody know of a place I can still purchase the metal ones?

Also, does anybody have any experience with SureWrist? I just found it on the internet and it seems to be brand new. I like the idea of not throwing the device away when the glove wears out.

Thanks.

[quote name='choptalk' timestamp='1291130714' post='2815921']

[/quote]

how many pros do you want me to list that don't have a flat wrist during the swing?

if you're saying to not flip, then yes.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1300682735' post='3073437']
[quote name='choptalk' timestamp='1291130714' post='2815921']

[/quote]

how many pros do you want me to list that don't have a flat wrist during the swing?

[/quote]

During or at impact?

I have the SKLZ version of the glove. Doesn't have the hinge but that shouldn't matter, you can still **** properly. My only criticism is that you can still cup your wrist slightly inside the glove.

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

Also, the Taly Mind Set is good for ingraining hands forward and flat left wrist at impact. Maybe better than the glove because your ingrain the proper action through your actions, not the restrictions of training aid "locking you in".

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

During or at impact?

I have the SKLZ version of the glove. Doesn't have the hinge but that shouldn't matter, you can still **** properly. My only criticism is that you can still cup your wrist slightly inside the glove.

What I don't like about the SKLZ version is that it resists proper hinging of my left wrist too much. I want to feel no resistance on proper hinging E.g.

hinge%20up.JPGhinge%20down.JPG

and resistance on improper cupping.