Just finished stripping the paint on my Never Compromise Gambler Royal. I used zip strip to remove the paint. It is a gel and took the paint right off without damaging the finish. I really like the naked look and

I may keep it this way or just do the logos in blue and white.

Stripper

Before

After

First attempt at Paint fill. I like the colors but may have to strip and retry later this winter as some of the white letters are not as good as I would like.

I'd have so done Black and Red...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those of you that have been using Testors enamel, is it holding up fine when you leave your clubs in a hot car? I just did some paint fill on my putter and after about 48 hours I decided that it should be good. It sat in a hot car all day and now I have a few ripples in the paint. Nothing major but I'll have to touch it up or redo it. I'm thinking once I go over it again I'll just leave it alone for a week for good measure.

[color=#0000cd][size=4][i]"There are probably some things I could do to keep my flexibility up, but I'd rather smoke, drink diet Cokes and eat." - John Daly[/i][/size][/color]

[size=3][i]Cobra Fly Z+ Matrix Ozik White Tie[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]Cobra Fly Z+ 4/5 UST ProForce V2 Black [/i][/size]
[size=3][i]Ping Anser 20* Matrix Ozik Altus[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]Ping Anser 23* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 5-GW True Temper XP 105[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]Cobra Tour Trusty 54* 58* KBS Tour Custom Series [/i][/size]
[size=3][i]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2[/i][/size]

• 4 months later...

Quick question on cleanup after paintfill on a Scotty putter. . . .

How long do you wait to clean up the area around the letter cavities you have painted? I am sure since I did my last one a couple of years back that I've seen comments where people have wiped the area almost immediately after painting, whilst others have waited an hour or two before doing it, then others have waited a day or two. So which is best?

I ask because I just went to do cleanup about 48 hours after painting and was surprised how much q-tip fuzz seemed to embed itself in the deep milling on my black Select. Even though I wiped very carefully with cosmetic q-tip dipped in (but not soaked with) acetone, only going in one direction and using a fresh one with each wipe. I was not pressing hard into the cavities but just wiping across the top, yet I was surprised how messy it was. I have seen mention of folks using Kimwipes dipped in acetone for cleanup so maybe I will try that. Perhaps that will eliminate the fuzz.

Also I am having to re-do half the face letters due to bubbles. Using Tamiya acrylics (after dropping a tiny amount of acetone into the cavities first to help the paint spread out well). Is there a sweet spot in terms of both how long you stir the Tamiya paints for (I know not to shake the bottle), and then leave them to settle before painting? I find that the opaque colours need mixing for a good 2 minutes or they are too cloudy (especially X2 white), but I've only been leaving them 5-10 mins to settle after mixing, so I will probably try leaving 20 mins next time. Input from Tamiya users would be great. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but have a quick question. I’ve searched here and through google and haven’t had any luck finding the answer to my question. Has anyone stripped the blue cavity paint off the badges of JPX900 Hotmetals? I know the white is permanent, but would like to get rid of the blue. I have always just used acetone or industrial stripper on any other club I’ve done, but don’t want to have any issues stripping the finish off the badge or affecting the rubber underneath. Thanks in advance.

078JB27Z9WKT.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Q5VDKTQJYWBH.jpg

Z3G3C4S7C18I.jpgBefore I sell these off, figured I'd share last year's build.

Cobra RAD 9* w/ Rogue Silver 110 6X

Cobra F9 Tour 3w w/ Tensei AV RAW White 75X
Cobra F9 Tour 5w w/ Tensei AV RAW White 85X

Cobra King Forged Black MB: 4i-Gw w/ Modus 120X
Cobra MIM Black: 54* & 60* w/ Modus 120X
Yes! Ryo Design

Bridgestone Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Our picks

• **GIVEAWAY** Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour Fairway ENTER NOW!
      Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* fairway giveaway!!!.To enter reply in this thread that you're IN!

That's it. You'll be entered into the giveaway (one entry per person). Winner chosen at random in two weeks. Be sure to check out the attached pics. Good luck!

If you are not a member her please register here to allow you to reply to this post and enter. Registration is free... https://forums.golfwrx.com/register/
      ======================================================================================================
      We randomize all the number of posts and the #1 number on the top is the winner. Say there is 1,000 replies from members. We will randomize 1 to 1,000 using a website that has a randomizer. It scrambles the numbers and the #1 is the first place and the #2 is the second etc. If the winner has duplicate entries we count the first

• 850 replies
    • 2021 Valero Texas Open - discussion & links
      Please put any questions or comments here. 

This week, the PGA Tour is at TPC San Antonio on the Oaks Course for the Valero Texas Open. GolfWRX was on-site Tuesday to catch a glimpse into the bags of some of the world’s top golfers.

The field of 144 is getting ready to battle starting Thursday for the $7.7 million purse, with $1.386 million going to the winner. The tournament is also the last event where players can qualify for The Masters, just like Canadian Corey Conners did last year.

Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.

2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #1 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #2 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #3 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #4 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #5 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #6 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #7 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #8  

Cameron putters (added Bernd Wiesberger's custom T-11) -2021 Valero Texas Open Piretti putters -2021 Valero Texas Open Branden Grace testing AutoFlex shaft @ 2021 Valero Texas Open  
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.

• 29 replies
    • **GIVEAWAY** Odyssey Ten Triple Track Putter! ENTER NOW!
      NEW Odyssey Ten Triple Track putter giveaway!!!.To enter reply in this thread that you're IN!

That's it. You'll be entered into the giveaway (one entry per person). Winner chosen at random in two weeks. Be sure to check out the attached pics. Good luck!

If you are not a member her please register here to allow you to reply to this post and enter. Registration is free... https://forums.golfwrx.com/register/
      ======================================================================================================
      We randomize all the number of posts and the #1 number on the top is the winner. Say there is 1,000 replies from members. We will randomize 1 to 1,000 using a website that has a randomizer. It scrambles the numbers and the #1 is the first place and the #2 is the second etc. If the winner has duplicate entries we count the first

• Thanks
      • 1,527 replies
    • 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here

2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #1
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #2
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #3
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #4
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #5
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #6

Hideki testing putters at WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Odyssey/Toulon Atlanta putter - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play