How many days should a seller have to ship your item?

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1308066404' post='3306357']
as for having something boxed up and ready before the ad, not needed, as the item might not sell.

[/quote]

If youre item doesnt sell its because youve priced it too high.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Within 48 hours is more than fair...Here is a perfect example of why....I sold 2 items yesterday on the BST forum after 5PM and had no chance of getting to the post office today to drop it off. I have already notified the buyers earlier in the day that I wouldn't be able to ship today but I am shipping first thing tomorrow using USPS Priority.
Typically I have the items out within 24 hours but today was my last day of work before an extended weekend and it got too busy for me to get to the PO.

I'd love to hear from the person who voted a week or so...

I think <48 hrs is fair, although I expect the item I buy to be shipped by the next business day.

But as others have mentioned, when I sell something I either ship same day or the next day. If an item takes a few days to sell and I know it may be a day or two before I can ship the item, I make the situation clear to the prospective buyer. I understand things can pop up, but why should it take more than a couple of days? If you use paypal (and who doesn't?), you can pay for shipping and print the label right from paypal (if you use USPS or UPS) and schedule a pick-up for the item. I realize that is not an option for everybody due to work schedules, etc., but shipping something isn't as hard or time consuming as some people make it out to be. If you take the time to post a BST ad, take the time to ship the item in a reasonable amount of time (and communicate with your customer).

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King F9 Speedback One Length - 5-GW - stock KBS
Titleist Vokey SM6 54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

As a buyer, I prefer everything to be ridiculously delayed, and stated as such in the listing. Bargains galore at that point. Everyone is in a comical rush, and determined to condemn.

I got a pristine $90 club for $25 once, when the seller was pummeled with negatives solely due to leisurely shipping. I checked his feedback and everything was based on time, not quality. The pictures of the club looked perfect. I still use that club, and could sell it for three times what I paid. The guy was a riot in exchanged emails, describing how busy he was and that his wife got a big kick out of the phrases used in the negative feedback aimed at him.

I got some great Ecco hydromax golf shoes for less than $50 when the seller wrote that her monthly shipment was delayed and it might be weeks to fill the order.

Another example was a computer graphics card that I got for $33 in a similar situation. It was going for $150+. The seller stated that he would be out of the country for two weeks so no one wanted to bid.

As a seller I get it out on the first or second day. Selling is typically boring.

My USPS run at the shop is 3 pm. If I get paid before about 2 pm, it goes that day. If after that point, it goes next day for sure. My UPS comes in about 6 pm, so chances are better of "same day" shipping if UPS is used. But, to answer the question, the package is always shipped within 24 hours (unless it's a Friday, which means Monday shipments because no mail really moves until Monday anyway).

48 hours

I ship using an online booking service so if they dont have a courier available next day or if I've missed the booking cut off time it'll have to be the day after

I think thats a fair amount of time as it gives you enough time to package up as sometimes I find a box that doesnt quite fit so I have to go off to the golf store and raid their bins for larger ones

[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1308091640' post='3307528']
as for having something boxed up and ready before the ad, not needed, as the item might not sell.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks.. If it doesn't sell at the price, that's OK by me; reason its not boxed up. :) Its obvious by reading, some people are retired, others are trying to make a buck for..

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1x, AVX, ProV1

I try to get items out the same or next day, if at all possible. When I list an item, I'm planning on it selling that day or the next. If it sells a few days later, it may take me until the next day or at worst, the day after that. I work 12 hour shifts on a Mon, Tues, Fri first week, Sat, Sun, Wed, Thurs the next week schedule. I go in at 5:30 and get off at 5:30, and the shipping place closes at 5:00, so if someone buys on a work day, I'm unable to ship it unless my fiance will be home (we have 2 kids) and I can schedule a pick-up at home. My ship time depends on when an item sells from when I list it. Generally, she's home through the day and I can schedule a pick-up the next day, but there are instances where she has stuff she has to do.

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1308147967' post='3309096']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks.. If it doesn't sell at the price, that's OK by me; reason its not boxed up. :) Its obvious by reading, some people are retired, others are trying to make a buck for..
[/quote]

I don't think you need to be retired to ship within 2 days. I'm sure you realized that your circumstances don't apply to many.

I don't mind waiting for shipping, so long as the seller states such. Usually, I will ask before I pay anyways. As has been stated many times in the thread, its all about communication!

I always put my dispatch time as a 1-3 working day on ebay items just incase of something cropping up that ruins my plans to post one day, 3 is more than enough so it's always done and the way i set out my ebay auctions I end them on friday - sunday night so I say pay before monday morning and I'll post out at the start of the week if not then you have to allow for a wait due to work

[quote name='Onita' timestamp='1308148744' post='3309126']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1308147967' post='3309096']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think you need to be retired to ship within 2 days. I'm sure you realized that your circumstances don't apply to many.

[/quote]

Didn't you read his earlier post? He much busier than us mere mortals ;)
6000+ forum posts with an average of 3 a day cuts in to the time you have for shipping :D