Vegas players?

CSagan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1314547632' post='3525269']
Anyone been to Radar Golf in the South West area yet? I guess they just opened up in July. They have full time trackman set up. I'm excited to give it a shot!
[/quote]

I drive by there every other week as the hospital next door is another of my clients. You've got to give us a report.

On a side note, has anyone tried out that Infinity Golf right there at Lake Mead and Tenaya?

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1314564479' post='3525729']
[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1314547632' post='3525269']
Anyone been to Radar Golf in the South West area yet? I guess they just opened up in July. They have full time trackman set up. I'm excited to give it a shot!
[/quote]

I drive by there every other week as the hospital next door is another of my clients. You've got to give us a report.

On a side note, has anyone tried out that Infinity Golf right there at Lake Mead and Tenaya?
[/quote]

It could be the worst place in the world(I have no experience), but if they have a trackman it's where I'll be going.

[quote name='CSagan' timestamp='1313438281' post='3488905']
Hey thanks for the reply Jay. I live 5 minutes from Rio Secco, decent track, some of their greens are kinda mickey mousey. :)

I'm always up for a round. I've been wanting to get out to Paiute soon, lemme know if you have an extra spot.
[/quote]

Paiute did not happen to busy moving her into the dorms...we did get out to Bolder again and its still in good shape..

What i would never play again is DESERT PINES...has to be the worst course I have ever played in 35 yrs. Pete Dye has no clue how to lay out a course, he stuck 10 lbs. of sh_t in a 1 lbs bag their.

good luck with the over seeding season, we are one month ahead of vegas and I am not looking forward to it...hasta j

Ping G400 LST 10° GD-MT6
Ping g400 3wd
Ping g400 5wd
Ping G 7wd
Ping G 22°
Ping I-200 6-gw
Ping Glide 54ss~58ss
Seemore Del Mar x3

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1314468931' post='3523505']
Cool, we have Saturday's round locked up:

myself
lvphil702
stage1350
csagan

I'm going by there on Monday to make a delivery so I'll see if there are any more spots available on Thursday's round. This is really good that more of the local WRX's are getting together so hopefully we can keep it going.
[/quote]

What time are we playing on Saturday? Also did you need any for Thursday?

Looking forward to it, should be fun.

[quote name='CSagan' timestamp='1314731907' post='3530519']

myself
lvphil702
stage1350
csagan

I'm going by there on Monday to make a delivery so I'll see if there are any more spots available on Thursday's round. This is really good that more of the local WRX's are getting together so hopefully we can keep it going.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Saturday tee time is 10:45.

[quote name='lvphil702' timestamp='1314813985' post='3532304']
[quote name='CSagan' timestamp='1314731907' post='3530519']

myself
lvphil702
stage1350
csagan

[/quote]

[/quote]

Saturday tee time is 10:45.
[/quote]

Phil is correct about Saturday's tee time.

For Thursday's round at 11:00, I have the following players:

myself
CSagan
Doug (a co-worker of my wife)
I can take a 5-some as it's the last tee time so if anyone is interested, you are welcome.

If anyone doesn't know, Stallion Mountain is at 5500 E. Flamingo. Take Flamingo east and you'll pass Sam's Town on the right, go through one light and the entrance is on the left. Drive in the left side of the gate and tell the guard you are here to play and they will let you in then stay on the road all the way until you run into the clubhouse. If you go into the members entrance then go all the way to the back right and that is where you check in.

One other note, they may not have their license to distribute beverages so I advise bringing drinks. I'll bring my camera tomorrow and post pics for everyone to see.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

Have fun you guys....wish I was there already....will be there and free on this coming Monday and Tuesday....thinking of renting a car after all (should be able to do that at the hotel?) and should be mobile to meet up

[quote name='CSagan' timestamp='1314840794' post='3533346']<br />Cool deal, see ya tomorrow at 11. Went out to the range today, weather was nice compared to what we've been through the last 7-8 days.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

Did they have beverrages available? Or should I bring a cooler of Gatorade?

Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1314972404' post='3537138']
Did they have beverrages available? Or should I bring a cooler of Gatorade?

Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!
[/quote]

They have coolers on the cart with 2 bottles of water in em. Cart girl came around twice I think.

Bring your GPS/RangeFinder, hard to find a sprinkler head currently. See ya tomorrow.

[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1314978557' post='3537386']
Does anyone have an extra bag I can borrow? Preferably staff bag. I am moving out there in a few days and am selling my bag ahead of time to save trunk space. I might be moving again after a month or so for training so I'd use it for that long, or until I buy an Ogio Edge.
[/quote]

Rugger,

I've got my old Ping Discover staff bag and I have a Actuity stand bag you can use. Shoot me a PM.

Little bit late in posting but it's been crazy busy since the round.

Here are the pics from Stallion Mountain yesterday, I've got to say that the course is in perfect shape right now. CSagan made a comment halfway through the round that the greens are the best right now anywhere in the city and I agree 100%. Surprisingly fast and the course itself was in great shape with no burnout at all, bunkers (many of which I found yesterday) are nice and soft.

Staff was very accomodating in a limited role. There is a cart girl by the name of Pogo that comes around but since we are playing so late, it's not a bad idea to bring your own drinks as was noted she only came around twice and stopped service after 9 holes.

CSagan did make another great point, if you own a GPS or laser, you want to bring it as there are no yard markers available.

Look forward to tomorrow's round.

I'll charge the GPS. Rangefinder is always on the bag.

If we get there early, you guys are more than welcome to try the R11 irons. Or, we can hit the range after the round.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='jayzona' timestamp='1315014798' post='3538520']
how is the pratice area [real grass or matts?,chipping area] and do you know the over seeding schedule for Stallion Mountain?
[/quote]

Practice area was very nice. Good grass on the range, practice green with plenty of fairway/rough and a bunker to hit out of. Big putting green.

I think they said overseeding is coming up soon, maybe a couple weeks from now.

[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1315015874' post='3538560']
What kind of grass are the typical vegas greens?
[/quote]

Bermuda

Good round today at Stallion Mountain, glad to meet some more local WRX's. Good thing is once we get through the overseed period, we should see cooler weather.

I'll keep everyone posted if I find out more details about Stallion Mountain but we should plan more outings for the upcoming weeks at various courses in the meantime.

Anybody up to meeting up with a tourist (Vegas, not golf) either Monday or tuesday. Solid mid single digit handicap. I'm here with my wife for a conference and she's basically twisting my arm to go golfing while she sits through her stuff.

Would also take suggestions of what's not currently being over seeded and reasonably cheap, knowing that I need to rent a car and clubs to get around and play. (and tourists get ripped of...kamaaina rates anyone?)

NW is where I live (between Silverstone and Aliante) in the 89131. Lots of good deals on both home sales and rentals plus close enough to besides the 2 already mentioned Paiute, Painted Desert, Angel Park, etc.

Can't go wrong with the SW, a lot of good deals in Henderson as well but you have to check the area out.

Stay away from the east side, east of 15 from Nellis AFB down to Sam's Town is rundown filled with wannabe gangstas, drunks, drugs, etc.

OK...so the real question is...who has a bachelor pad that has room for another 25yr old?

Also, who has the best practice facilities in town that also has a yearly/monthly/whatever range pass? I think I saw that the silverstone/alliante group has a pass for 500. Not sure if you can get it without being a member.

[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1315264681' post='3543867']
OK...so the real question is...who has a bachelor pad that has room for another 25yr old?

Also, who has the best practice facilities in town that also has a yearly/monthly/whatever range pass? I think I saw that the silverstone/alliante group has a pass for 500. Not sure if you can get it without being a member.
[/quote]

Can't help you with the first question, my guess is check with craigslist on that one.

Now as to the second question especially if you're thinking of moving up here in the NW, you can't beat Paiute's range plan. I was a member at Silverstone and their balls are junk while the range is OK, Aliante's range is not nearly as nice as it's filled with sand.

http://lvpaiutegolf.com/images/Range%20Plan%20Program%20flyer.pdf

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1315335984' post='3545969']
[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1315264681' post='3543867']

[/quote]

Can't help you with the first question, my guess is check with craigslist on that one.

Now as to the second question especially if you're thinking of moving up here in the NW, you can't beat Paiute's range plan. I was a member at Silverstone and their balls are junk while the range is OK, Aliante's range is not nearly as nice as it's filled with sand.

[url="http://lvpaiutegolf.com/images/Range%20Plan%20Program%20flyer.pdf"]http://lvpaiutegolf....ram%20flyer.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

Wow that is not real close, though. I was hoping somewhere within like 3o seconds drive so I could go every night(since I wont have any friends LOL). I guess we'll see where I end up living.

• 3 weeks later...

OK. Due to everyone I normally play with not being available, I have endured 3 incredibly painful weeks of showing up as a single on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, being paired with Joe Shmoe, and ending up playing a 5 hour+ round. The tipping point came this past Sunday when I was paired with 2 60+ year old ladies (nice as can be BTW), who probably shot 200, and could throw the ball further than they could hit it.

It is time to try and meet some Vegas WRX'ers. Anyone up for playing? My sons have soccer on Saturday morning, so I can't play before 2 on Saturdays, but I can play on Sundays. Unfortunately, I can't play during the week. I am a 2 handicap.

Cheers

[quote name='lowballbomber' timestamp='1317254725' post='3600409']
OK. Due to everyone I normally play with not being available, I have endured 3 incredibly painful weeks of showing up as a single on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, being paired with Joe Shmoe, and ending up playing a 5 hour+ round. The tipping point came this past Sunday when I was paired with 2 60+ year old ladies (nice as can be BTW), who probably shot 200, and could throw the ball further than they could hit it.

It is time to try and meet some Vegas WRX'ers. Anyone up for playing? My sons have soccer on Saturday morning, so I can't play before 2 on Saturdays, but I can play on Sundays. Unfortunately, I can't play during the week. I am a 2 handicap.

Cheers
[/quote]

Might have something next Sunday (Oct. 9), I'll keep you posted.

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1317346341' post='3605623']

Cheers
[/quote]

Might have something next Sunday (Oct. 9), I'll keep you posted.
[/quote]

Thanks

Cheers
[/quote]

[size=2]lol you sound like me. I did the show up on weekend as a single a few times, had the same experience. Rode in the cart with one lady who was about 60 with tanned leather skin smoking virginia slims, she was rather lovely.

Anyways, looks like the weather is finally easing off...I'm down for a round this weekend. Saturday after 2 would probably be best for me. I'm over in Henderson. Where ya wanna play?[/size]