2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Jeff's 2012 bag---Ladies Bag added page 8 (stiff flex)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ really good actually, my sessions with it on the monitor are very promising. The best 45 inch combo i've hit in my life strictly numbers wise is my DOT w/ Pershing which sounds crazy but it's true. It just works....

so all that to say i'm hitting this better, a bit lower spin and higher launch. The shaft feels great too. Supposed to be designed by Matrix, it's got kind of an Xcon thing going. I am used to hitting very low with the driver but i had a bunch of 280+ carries. I have the SS for it but i struggle to hit it high enough to get a lot of carry, and since my spin isn't optimal going up lofts isn't great either.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Id like to give a house of forged shaft a go, me and isaac have a buddy who is connected like nobodys business so we usually get to try pretty much everything but the HOF stuff just hasnt come around. I hit my driver fairly low as well but like a little heavier shaft so it sounds like it might suit me as well.

[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1324599983' post='3977709']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1324431376' post='3968413']
No right on red kills me LOL....Stupid Montreal! Ah well, without the french we wouldn't have french women. And that good buddy would be a great shame! :drinks:
[/quote]

+ un
[/quote]

What is this no turn on red crap? I probably should have been pulled over multiple times, but at least I can plead American ignorance. Doesn't work state-side, because most of us are ignorant.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1324662569' post='3980167']
[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1324599983' post='3977709']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1324431376' post='3968413']
No right on red kills me LOL....Stupid Montreal! Ah well, without the french we wouldn't have french women. And that good buddy would be a great shame! :drinks:
[/quote]

+ un
[/quote]

What is this no turn on red crap? I probably should have been pulled over multiple times, but at least I can plead American ignorance. Doesn't work state-side, because most of us are ignorant.
[/quote]

LOL, also remember that our speed limits are in KM/hour....so you might not want to do 100 mph when you see the sign!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='Aitch' timestamp='1324658525' post='3979951']
Is the [i]compliment for friendship offer[/i] still available?

It looks like you play several different brands of balls. Do you have one that you prefer?
[/quote]

it is, however your question was not really a compliment. More of a question, really. Please say something about my awesomeness in order to be friends

-yeah i have no preference when it comes to balls, at the end of every year golftown will discount premium balls for 25-30 bucks and i'll just stock up on whatever is on sale. I've played Callaways, Nikes, TM's everything. I can't tell the difference to be honest. I actually played in all my qualifiers and tournaments this year with a yellow srixon trispeed tour oddly enough which is the cheapest ball i bought this season. And the reason was nothing more then i didn't have a sharpie on me the first one, so said "guys i'll just use a yellow ball"....and i played well so that was that

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1324680128' post='3980975']
it is, however your question was not really a compliment. More of a question, really. Please say something about my awesomeness in order to be friends

-yeah i have no preference when it comes to balls, at the end of every year golftown will discount premium balls for 25-30 bucks and i'll just stock up on whatever is on sale. I've played Callaways, Nikes, TM's everything. I can't tell the difference to be honest. I actually played in all my qualifiers and tournaments this year with a yellow srixon trispeed tour oddly enough which is the cheapest ball i bought this season. And the reason was nothing more then i didn't have a sharpie on me the first one, so said "guys i'll just use a yellow ball"....and i played well so that was that
[/quote]

The only thing that rivals the awesomeness of you, your game, and your bag is your practicality. You're the honey badger of golf. You don't give a s*** about what ball you use to take your opponent's money.

What kind of details can you give about the new Dechamps that's in the works?

[quote name='Ping Bling' timestamp='1324680687' post='3981021']
Just curious to know what kind of golf tournaments you play in? Which equipment companies products are you looking forward to the most? What makes MtlJeff so awesome? What can I do to be just like you?:friends:
[/quote]

nothing crazy, this year i'm going to try and play in my intersectionals, club championship and the quebec mid-am. Probably not more then that...i work 9-5 and i'm not sure i'll ever be able to compete at higher levels then that. My club is pretty good so some of the 2 man team events that go on and etc i am not good enough for.

i'm trying to not pay attention to new releases LOL...I can't keep changing my bag because my GF is getting wise....but i like to think of myself as pretty open minded. I critisize TaylorMade 500% more then any other company and here i am with a 12/14 TM bag. Who would have thought? Beruo keeps threatening to ban me from the site.

oh and how do you be awesome? Well, just wait until you are at the point where you can make baseless accusations against one of the mods, as i just did above, and face zero repercussions for it. You hear that Beruo, i'm not scared of you! mwahahahahahaha

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='Aitch' timestamp='1324682087' post='3981081']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1324680128' post='3980975']

[/quote]

The only thing that rivals the awesomeness of you, your game, and your bag is your practicality. You're the honey badger of golf. You don't give a s*** about what ball you use to take your opponent's money.

What kind of details can you give about the new Dechamps that's in the works?
[/quote]

LOL, now that's a compliment!

I'm deciding between a full custom or a little spin on one of his new releases. But based on my christmas bills will probably be the new mallet release. Which by the way, looks insanely good!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1324682244' post='3981087']
[quote name='Ping Bling' timestamp='1324680687' post='3981021']
Just curious to know what kind of golf tournaments you play in? Which equipment companies products are you looking forward to the most? What makes MtlJeff so awesome? What can I do to be just like you?:friends:
[/quote]

nothing crazy, this year i'm going to try and play in my intersectionals, club championship and the quebec mid-am. Probably not more then that...i work 9-5 and i'm not sure i'll ever be able to compete at higher levels then that. My club is pretty good so some of the 2 man team events that go on and etc i am not good enough for.

i'm trying to not pay attention to new releases LOL...I can't keep changing my bag because my GF is getting wise....but i like to think of myself as pretty open minded. I critisize TaylorMade 500% more then any other company and here i am with a 12/14 TM bag. Who would have thought? Beruo keeps threatening to ban me from the site.

oh and how do you be awesome? Well, just wait until you are at the point where you can make baseless accusations against one of the mods, as i just did above, and face zero repercussions for it. You hear that Beruo, i'm not scared of you! mwahahahahahaha
[/quote]

So we won't be hearing about MtlJeff in the Canadian Open? :(

From a few of your posts I have read that you are a pretty long hitter. Right now I'm swinging a driver with a 65 gram shaft that is right around 43". I have about 4 wraps of tape under the grip and it's pretty heavy. I'm carrying the ball around 230-240 and was wondering what your thoughts on longer, lighter shafts were.

haha, Canadian open would be amazing but not sure how realistic!

240 carry isn't that bad with a 43 inch driver. I wouldn't play it overly long. I won't play anything above 45 inches for example, and i am about 6 feet. It all depends what you are looking for, have you tested a 45 inch driver? My guess is you could probably get that close to 250 ish carry and that is plenty to play any course. I don't know how much accuracy you'd lose but 45 inches is reasonable length. I don't hit the ball as far as i did 2 years ago, if you are getting it 250ish you really don't need more IMO

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yeah I'm coming off of a long layoff and am trying to piece together a solid bag for next year. The only reason I'm looking for more carry distance is so that I can carry some bunkers and take more aggressive lines off of the tee. So I've been hitting the driver I have right now and like it but more distance would be great. If one went to a shaft that was 45" and was about 50 grams how much distance do you think one would gain? From you, a long hitter, to me , a short hitter, in your opinion would you play as well if you didn't have the benefit of distance off of the tee? I'm asking because, in the coming years of course, I want to play in some mini tour events. So I would have to play from the back tees.

i think the weight is a bit over-rated, i noticed basically no distance gain even going from a 96g shaft to 67g once. The fastest SS i've ever put into a monitor with a 45 inch shaft was with one that was 81G . It helps swingweight but i don't know how much SS you'll gain.

A couple of inches on center contact can get you 10yds carry easy though. Today if i hit a 45.75 inch G15 into a monitor i'll carry it 10yds further then a 45 inch. I've actually done this.

2 of the best players at my club (which is 7000yds long) hit it no more then 250 at best. And both of those guys are solid tournament players

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Finally got the 3 iron today in the Burner 2.0. Was pretty keen on going onto an LM and trying to replicate the famous Dustin Johnson 3 iron commercial. Sadly....Dustin is 11yds longer then me. :russian_roulette:

(sad face)

Damn you DJ!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

the other thing about Dustin Johnson is that only mad chicks ride in his whips
South to the west to the east to the north
Bought my hits and watch 'em go off a go off
Ah yes yes y'all ya don't stop
In the winter or the (summertime)
I makes it hot
Gettin jiggy wit 'em

(na na na na na na na nana na na na na nana)
Gettin jiggy wit it
Gettin jiggy wit it

Can't argue with that, DJ does do well with the ladies. Whereas the ladies i get very much resemble my irons: Large, wide, lots of offset, and pictures of them posted on the internet

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

i am gonna admit right now that i bought my set of g20 irons after following your epic thread religiously!:busted2: i am a huge fan of your posts!

one of the issues that i encounter with the g20 iron is distance control. i am sure alot has to do with my swing, but i would say maybe 2 out of 10 perfectly striked shots, i would fly it 10-15 yards longer than my normal yardage.

have you ever experienced that with your old g15 or with the new burner 2.0?

thanks and keep up the good posts!!!:clapping:

[quote name='mastaj508' timestamp='1324965635' post='3991357']
i am gonna admit right now that i bought my set of g20 irons after following your epic thread religiously!:busted2: i am a huge fan of your posts!

one of the issues that i encounter with the g20 iron is distance control. i am sure alot has to do with my swing, but i would say maybe 2 out of 10 perfectly striked shots, i would fly it 10-15 yards longer than my normal yardage.

have you ever experienced that with your old g15 or with the new burner 2.0?

thanks and keep up the good posts!!!:clapping:
[/quote]

thanks man, glad i can be of some help!

To be honest i never really noticed that with the G15's or the 2.0's. One thing i did notice is that the feedback you get on missed shots is very different then from blades (which i've also played). It is very subtle. The thing with SGI's is that "pretty good" shots don't feel that different from perfect shots. You have to learn how to tell the difference. With my G15's i had it down but i'm still learning with the 2.0's. With the Burner's i lose the most distance on thin shots but to be honest thin shots still feel pretty good at impact so i've had to adjust a bit. The difference in yardage can be 20yds but from the feel you'd think it was 5 yds.

so my question would be , are you sure all 10 shots are struck perfectly?

I was on the LM with a 3 iron a few days ago and put 10-12 shots in a row within 5 yds carry of each other. So i think similar strikes will yield similar results with anything

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So Jeff where are you at in Canada? My dad is is canadian and is from Nova Scotia so maybe your my long lost uncle?

It's in a name. MtlJeff. I'm guessing Montreal, or thereabouts. ;)

Similarly, my real name is "O" and I'm from Beruit. Or I would be...if "O" wass short for "Geo," which, in turn, is short for "George." And if Beirut was spelled "Beruit" and was a nickname for "Salt Lake City." So maybe my analogy doesn't hold. :pardon:

Sorry, Jeff. Carry on, eh. canadian.gif

:hi:

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1325293127' post='4007369']
So Jeff where are you at in Canada? My dad is is canadian and is from Nova Scotia so maybe your my long lost uncle?
[/quote]

it would make sense if we are related, i have often been known as "the mack daddy", though that was a self given name in college based on conservatively zero success with women. Nonetheless, i called myself that

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='FutureScratchGolfer' timestamp='1325974024' post='4042637']
Do those Burner 2.0s come in American flex or just for you burly, tree cutting, maple syrup drinking Canadians? I mean I've played them before and they are just far too much club for me.
[/quote]

[quote name='FutureScratchGolfer' timestamp='1325974336' post='4042667']
Oh and since your bag is sponsor-less can I give you $50 to put Terrence and Philip on there?
[/quote]

exact same flex except you have to call them "X-un cent" and the burners are actually called "bruleur deux virgule zero". I also really like the empty cavity in the back which is perfect for smuggling free prescription drugs. I actually am enjoying the Burners, trajectory is great, and the feel is pretty good though i don't hear the shot too well given that i am usually wearing one of those flanel hats with the two ear muffs.

got a great deal on them and there was no upcharge for Dynamic gold or tour velvet grips---score!

50 dollard!!!!! i'm not that cheap, i'll have you know my high paying job pays me at least that much every [i]day[/i]!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Jeff grew up on the crime side, the Montreal Gazette side,
Gamin GI's was no jive,
Played second hands, Jeff bounced on old men,
So then he moved to Shaolin land,
A young youth, yo rockin the gold tooth, 'Lo goose
Only way, I begin to gee off was the second hand golftown loot,
And let's start it like this son, rollin with this one,
And that one, pullin out house of forged for fun,
But it was just a dream for the teen, who was a fiend,
Started smokin pentas at sixteen,
And running up in gates, and winning skins for high stakes,
Making my way on fire escapes,
No question I would need, for burners and clubhead speed,
The combination made my eyes bleed,
No question I would flow off, and try to get the dough all,
Sticking up old men in pro shops,
My life got no better, same damn pringle sweater,

Times is ruff and tuff like leather,
Figured out I went the wrong route,
So I got with this mad tight wrx click and went all out,

Catchin tees from across seas,
Rollin in MPV's, every week he made forty G's,
Yo fellow golfer respect mine, or anger the tech nine,
Ch-chick-POW! Move from the gate now

Shovels rule everything around Jeff, get the money, dollar dollar bill yall.