All Things Ohio Golf

hazebronso

ATTN local cincy golfers. The ladies Symetra tour tees off tomorrow AM at TPC. My wife and I are hosting a player for the week and it has been great to see these young ladies work hard and play some great golf. Anyone with junior players that want to see a pro tourney should check it out.

That is awesome. I take my daughter (the one still playing golf) the the Web.Com finals at OSU's Scarlet course in the Fall. She loves being up close to the pros and seeing how they swing, chip and putt. I think it helps ground kids who expect perfection to see that the pros are far from perfect also.

Definitely is a great opportunity for kids to get up close! I got the chance to caddy Friday and Saturday at this event(unfortunately we didn’t make the cut for Sunday:/) The talent level is just as awe inspiring and is very encouraging for all ages of golfers to see that you don’t have to hit it 300 to shoot low scores.

Has anyone played Moraine since the restoration? I am scheduled to play it in August really looking forward to it, everything I have read is just raving about the work Foster did. Thanks

Unbelievable, I posted a few pics from last fall. Check a few pages ago.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Has anyone played Moraine since the restoration? I am scheduled to play it in August really looking forward to it, everything I have read is just raving about the work Foster did. Thanks

Thank you! Im really looking forward to it, I have heard it is so impressive what foster has done!

Thank you! Im really looking forward to it, I have heard it is so impressive what foster has done!

You will enjoy it. My advice: Get out there very early in the morning and play as many holes as possible. I don't think they've changed the guest policies since last fall but we paid for the day not for the round. So we played 27 holes. It's a close third in my book to Camargo (1) and Scioto (2). I'd put it in front of The Golf Club, but only bc I've only played the front nine at TGC. Keith Foster is a genius and I am hoping they can get some amateur tournaments out there. It deserves some recognition. Andy at The Fried Egg has done an excellent write up on it.

Has anyone played Inverness since the redesign? I know they literally just finished it but the pictures are amazing.

Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]

Getting ready to head to Walden pond for an early morning round...

Hope you played well my friend. I ended up at Harbor Links for an early round. Love that course..played on the 4th in 3:30. WINNING!!!!!!

I played Harbor Links last year right around this time. I thought the front 9 overall was very good. The par 5 that leads to the water and the par 3 afterwards are great holes! However I thought the back was a bit gimmicky. The hole with the water down the right side (11?) the short par 4 with a perched green and the two par 5's after seemed "forced". Still, I played as a single in about 3 hours on a Saturday morning for about $40. I'll be in Cincinnati next weekend!

Home Courses
- Country Club of Scranton
- Seven Oaks GC at Colgate University

Wow it was hot. Cart path only at Walden today. We had over inch of rain yesterday. Made things extra slow. 4.5 hrs for the round.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

heading back to ohio next week and boy do I have an incredible lineup waiting for me.

moraine, ncr, muirfield, brookside, canterbury and waiting for confirmation from a member at scioto. Bucketlist material.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Jere,

Great line up, I'd try and add Kirtland when you are up in Cleveland, best of in that area imo.

We picked brookside over kirtland because we're all suckers for Donald Ross.

Scioto was just confirmed on the phone with a member.

My official line up:

wednesday - moraine/NCR south

Thursday - Muirfield Village and Scioto

Friday - Brookside and Canterbury

Saturday - This is where I was hoping to get onto Inverness but it looks like I'll have to come back next time.

if anyone wants to play saturday morning with me around columbus shoot me an email. I might be playing scioto with a member saturday morning so we would get accompanied rate. If that doesn't work out, there's always the scarlet course or the virtues. =P

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Jere,

Canton Brookside is most underrated course in the country (Best Ross Greens I've seen), best of those you listed imo. I prefer Kirtland over Canterbury, but Canterbury has really good green contours. The Big i renovation looks sick, played older version many times. The land at NCR S is so good, might be better land then Kirtland. When you are in Dayton, you must eat at Pine Club Steakhouse, best meal i've ever had and its famous. Cash only.

I'd consider Columbus CC if those other cbus courses don't work, just completed a renovation by the associate of Keith foster who did Moraine's work (Kevin Hargrave)!

Jere,

Great line up, I'd try and add Kirtland when you are up in Cleveland, best of in that area imo.

We picked brookside over kirtland because we're all suckers for Donald Ross.

Scioto was just confirmed on the phone with a member.

My official line up:

wednesday - moraine/NCR south

Thursday - Muirfield Village and Scioto

Friday - Brookside and Canterbury

Saturday - This is where I was hoping to get onto Inverness but it looks like I'll have to come back next time.

if anyone wants to play saturday morning with me around columbus shoot me an email. I might be playing scioto with a member saturday morning so we would get accompanied rate. If that doesn't work out, there's always the scarlet course or the virtues. =P

Wow hell of a lineup. You sir, have some nice hookups!!

Jere,

Canton Brookside is most underrated course in the country (Best Ross Greens I've seen), best of those you listed imo. I prefer Kirtland over Canterbury, but Canterbury has really good green contours. The Big i renovation looks sick, played older version many times. The land at NCR S is so good, might be better land then Kirtland. When you are in Dayton, you must eat at Pine Club Steakhouse, best meal i've ever had and its famous. Cash only.

I'd consider Columbus CC if those other cbus courses don't work, just completed a renovation by the associate of Keith foster who did Moraine's work (Kevin Hargrave)!

I’m actually really annoyed because we thought we had camargo locked but I guess I have to return to Ohio for camargo and Inverness anyways.

What is a good place in Cleveland to eat on Friday night ? Thanks!

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

also we may have room for a fourth at Muirfield Village but for some reason the pro shop won't allow anyone with an ohio id to play with us.

If anyone meets that criteria for next thursday, PM me and I can see if we can add you in as our fourth. No weird people please and if you've got a good reciprocals that would be a plus since we're all golf architect junkies.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Jere,

I'm actually really annoyed because we thought we had camargo locked but I guess I have to return to Ohio for camargo and Inverness anyways.

What is a good place in Cleveland to eat on Friday night ? Thanks!

Camargo is hosting the US Am soon so I believe they are limiting play, even for members (at least that's what my sources/members at Camargo tell me). As far as good courses in Columbus outside of the norm Columbus CC is one of my favorites. We played it every year in OWU's tournament and I always looked forward to getting up there. I bet the redesign is just magnificent bc the layout is already pure.

I just called the pro shop for Columbus and they said I would have to play with a member or the pro there on weekends. Anyone else got a lead on a Saturday morning for this single?

I always return the favor. =)

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I live 3 miles from Camargo and never played it. I came close once were I had a lead but it ended up falling through. My kids go to school half a mile from the course so I drive by it all the time. Woe is me :)

Join the club of not playing the club! I went to IH, knew a ton of people there and only a small handful of members. None of whom could get me on. I only went to the club once...for a wake...not exactly inspiring. The whole place is kinda like Butler cabin though, very old money only apply.

I just called the pro shop for Columbus and they said I would have to play with a member or the pro there on weekends. Anyone else got a lead on a Saturday morning for this single?

I always return the favor. =)

Jere, funny I played 36 today in the Detroit area with 2 Cleveland buds. They said Lola is excellent in Cleveland area. This Uber expensive place Red, the steakhouse is supposed to be awesome too, 3 of them in US (Chicago, Cleveland, and NYC).

I have a Columbus CC member friend, you looking for Sat July 14th? Don't fret my Camargo game got axed last summer, going to try and fit it in this fall. Ohio has really good golf

bummed out cuz the club didn't want us to be rushed from muirfield to scioto since our tee time at muirfield was at 11 and scioto was at 348pm

i respect they didn't want us to rush through their club just to say we got to play there. the member told us our invite is still there the next time I'm in town and promise an all world experience.

the next time i'm up it'll DEFINITELY be camargo, scioto and inverness.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

can't believe no one wanted to play muirfield village. My buddies down here wouldn't either but that's cuz they have the US amateur qualifiers this week.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

can't believe no one wanted to play muirfield village. My buddies down here wouldn't either but that's cuz they have the US amateur qualifiers this week.

It’s probably because you said if you live in Ohio you couldn’t play. I doubt people outside of Ohio read this thread very much.

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 3W, 3 Hybrid
TM Rocketballz Stage 1 4 Hybrid
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana
Titleist Vokey SM5 54 & 60

It’s probably because you said if you live in Ohio you couldn’t play. I doubt people outside of Ohio read this thread very much.

i figure those in detroit or around ohio. It's a weird situation. The member from canterbury was not allowed to play at muirfield because that's what the club said. No ohio folks allowed on this tee time. I'm really blown away by it.

I do have an in with a scioto member so I'll ask him what the deal is.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

not yet. I'm actually waiting till 10am eastern time to do it today. I'll follow up. You playing in ohio this week?

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

i figure those in detroit or around ohio. It's a weird situation. The member from canterbury was not allowed to play at muirfield because that's what the club said. No ohio folks allowed on this tee time. I'm really blown away by it.

I do have an in with a scioto member so I'll ask him what the deal is.

The out of state requirement is not something I've heard of. Most of the local clubs allow a local to play as a guest up to x rounds per year, typically 6, Scioto included. I've played Muirfield, Double Eagle, Scioto and The Golf Club before as a guest with 2 other local guests and a member. I'm curious to hear why this was a restriction.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

To be fair we're not playing with a member. It was a call in on our behalf. It's their club. Their rules. I'm just grateful for a chance to play at Jack's course.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x